Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Owners Break Off Talks!!!!!

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2006, 12:43 PM   #16
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,247
Re: Owners Break Off Talks!!!!!

right now there are only 13 players gauranteed to be here tomorrow. Thomas is one of them:

Chris Cooley
Taylor Jacobs
Manuel White Jr.
Mark Brunell
Cornelius Griffin
Randy Thomas
LaVar Arrington
Shawn Springs
Clinton Portis
Jason Campbell
Sean Taylor
Santana Moss
Carlos Rogers

jansen has a high base salary and samuels has a big bonus and a very low number (300k vs 500k+ so replacing him with a rookie only saves 65k). the bonus and high base mean they're prime candidates to restructure and stay/keep the skins from dumping others.

While brunell would have to give back 650k next year to give back 500k this year, jansen has a much lower 2007 salary (well under the max of 2006 pay + 30%), so he has to give up less total money and therefore his savings from salary -> bonus conversions would be greater than brunells, and he'd have to give up far less actually money to give the skins similar cap relief.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-02-2006, 12:43 PM   #17
Propane and propane accessories
 
JWsleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, TX
Age: 45
Posts: 4,587
Re: Owners Break Off Talks!!!!!

The owners voted unanamously to reject the union proposal, so I don't think it's just Snyder who's a dolt here.

As for the "plan" I figure we restructure what we can, cut who we have to, and buy a new team in 07. Don't know what else we can really do here.

But will there be a strike down the road? Isn't that implied? If the owners set the cap and profit sharing wherever they please, the players will feel thaty have no recourse but to strike. On the bright side, we are the best team in history in strike years .
__________________
Hail from Houston!
JWsleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 12:49 PM   #18
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,247
Re: Owners Break Off Talks!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWsleep
The owners voted unanamously to reject the union proposal, so I don't think it's just Snyder who's a dolt here.

As for the "plan" I figure we restructure what we can, cut who we have to, and buy a new team in 07. Don't know what else we can really do here.

But will there be a strike down the road? Isn't that implied? If the owners set the cap and profit sharing wherever they please, the players will feel thaty have no recourse but to strike. On the bright side, we are the best team in history in strike years .
the owners would lock the players out to force them to take a new cap system, not the other way around. the players would decertify to prevent a lockout and immediately go to anti-trust court.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 12:53 PM   #19
Propane and propane accessories
 
JWsleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, TX
Age: 45
Posts: 4,587
Re: Owners Break Off Talks!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
the owners would lock the players out to force them to take a new cap system, not the other way around. the players would decertify to prevent a lockout and immediately go to anti-trust court.
Good post; I stand corrected. When will this occur?
__________________
Hail from Houston!
JWsleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 12:54 PM   #20
Propane and propane accessories
 
JWsleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, TX
Age: 45
Posts: 4,587
Re: Owners Break Off Talks!!!!!

Ah, I saw your post in the "2008" thread. Thanks.
__________________
Hail from Houston!
JWsleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 01:05 PM   #21
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,570
Re: Owners Break Off Talks!!!!!

The union has said there is no way they will ever accept a salary cap again. Its going to be really interesting to see how this shakes out.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 01:06 PM   #22
Special Teams
 
Krills's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Age: 34
Posts: 123
Re: Owners Break Off Talks!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
right now there are only 13 players gauranteed to be here tomorrow. Thomas is one of them:

Chris Cooley
Taylor Jacobs
Manuel White Jr.
Mark Brunell
Cornelius Griffin
Randy Thomas
LaVar Arrington
Shawn Springs
Clinton Portis
Jason Campbell
Sean Taylor
Santana Moss
Carlos Rogers

jansen has a high base salary and samuels has a big bonus and a very low number (300k vs 500k+ so replacing him with a rookie only saves 65k). the bonus and high base mean they're prime candidates to restructure and stay/keep the skins from dumping others.

While brunell would have to give back 650k next year to give back 500k this year, jansen has a much lower 2007 salary (well under the max of 2006 pay + 30%), so he has to give up less total money and therefore his savings from salary -> bonus conversions would be greater than brunells, and he'd have to give up far less actually money to give the skins similar cap relief.
Sean Taylor might be in jail tomorrow.
Krills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 01:08 PM   #23
Playmaker
 
Redskins8588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ridgway, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 2,517
Re: Owners Break Off Talks!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krills
Sean Taylor might be in jail tomorrow.
why tomorrow?
__________________
"I am the best at what I do, and what I do isn't very nice" - Sean Taylor
Redskins8588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 01:16 PM   #24
Special Teams
 
Krills's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Age: 34
Posts: 123
Wink Re: Owners Break Off Talks!!!!!

joking
Krills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 01:26 PM   #25
Pro Bowl
 
BigSKINBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 26
Posts: 5,635
Re: Owners Break Off Talks!!!!!

because after pulling a gun on someone and spitting on someone he got bored and decided to take a shit on someone?
__________________
"For there is nothing half so glorious
As to see our team victorious"



BSB
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 01:38 PM   #26
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 7,971
Re: Owners Break Off Talks!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSKINBauer
because after pulling a gun on someone and spitting on someone he got bored and decided to take a shit on someone?
That line was so unexpected that I literally (hate being corny, but...) laughed out loud. Now my co-workers are giving me the same look that you give to someone who farts on the Metro.
__________________
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
@Scott_Did_It is bored. Bother him.
ArtMonkDrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 02:45 PM   #27
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: Owners Break Off Talks!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz
That line was so unexpected that I literally (hate being corny, but...) laughed out loud. Now my co-workers are giving me the same look that you give to someone who farts on the Metro.
So now I know who is responsible for the Metro smelling like ass.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 02:58 PM   #28
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,512
Re: Owners Break Off Talks!!!!!

i still not sure this is over yet.the owners are now forcing the union to make the call.the sticking point is the revenue sharing at 60% to the players(the unions stance)compared to 56%(the owners stance)i think if that number moved to 58%,the deal gets done.ill guess we wil see.it seems like it would be in the best interest of the union ,long term,to agree to this
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 02:59 PM   #29
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 7,971
Re: Owners Break Off Talks!!!!!

Hey, I'm no subway farter!

Is there anyway Danny Boy could pay off Gene Upshaw to get this thing worked out tonight? I'm sure the man could use a new house or two.
__________________
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
@Scott_Did_It is bored. Bother him.
ArtMonkDrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 03:00 PM   #30
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: Owners Break Off Talks!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25
i still not sure this is over yet.the owners are now forcing the union to make the call.the sticking point is the revenue sharing at 60% to the players(the unions stance)compared to 56%(the owners stance)i think if that number moved to 58%,the deal gets done.ill guess we wil see.it seems like it would be in the best interest of the union ,long term,to agree to this
Upshaw's response to the owners' decision to reject the NFLPA's agreement isn't comforting. Upshaw basically said there isn't going to be an extension. He didn't appear to leave open even a small possibility that a deal will be reached. It could be posturing, but that would be strange given we are hours away from the start of the 2006 NFL season.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29178 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25