Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Owners Break Off Talks!!!!!

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2006, 04:03 PM   #31
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,858
Re: Owners Break Off Talks!!!!!

The owners want the players to take a pay-cut of roughly 9 percent. I wouldn't do it, and one shouldn't honestly expect them to. Going from 65% of the revenue to 56% is total horse shit.

Greedy is a sin for a reason.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-02-2006, 04:13 PM   #32
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: Owners Break Off Talks!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1
The owners want the players to take a pay-cut of roughly 9 percent. I wouldn't do it, and one shouldn't honestly expect them to. Going from 65% of the revenue to 56% is total horse shit.

Greedy is a sin for a reason.
But the thing to remember is that the players are asking for the definition of revenue be broadly expanded. I'm not saying I disagree with your position that the owners are being greedy, but there are two sides to the story.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 04:17 PM   #33
Special Teams
 
RiggoRules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 380
Re: Owners Break Off Talks!!!!!

I think you need to check your facts.

The 56.2%/60%+ discussion involved a major increase in the formula that would be used to calculate total revenues. So much so that the impact on the cap would actually be an astronomical increase.

Upshaw actually turned down a gigantic pay raise for all of his players.

Make no mistake about it, Upshaw has seriously screwed large numbers of players. Those players include:
  • Players eligible for FA in 2K6
  • Players released on "Bloody Thursday"
  • Players that would have been eligible as FA's in 2K7 and 2K8 who will not be.
  • Rookies in 2K6
Then there is this quote from Jay Glazer (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5374588):

Quote:

Several players have called FOXSports.com today to voice concern over not having enough information as to why they are stalemated. While the players may agree with Upshaw's stance, several have claimed they simply do not feel in the loop, including several player reps. Upshaw's executive committee has been kept in the fold with regards to the dealings.
RiggoRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 04:22 PM   #34
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,246
Re: Owners Break Off Talks!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1
The owners want the players to take a pay-cut of roughly 9 percent. I wouldn't do it, and one shouldn't honestly expect them to. Going from 65% of the revenue to 56% is total horse shit.

Greedy is a sin for a reason.
56% of 2000 is more than 65% of 1000

the general premise was that more revenue was going into the pot, and even at a smaller %, much more would be going straight to the players.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 04:29 PM   #35
Playmaker
 
Redskins8588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ridgway, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 2,517
Re: Owners Break Off Talks!!!!!

I do not see how Upshaw can sleep at night, I mean not only did he put the screws to the NFL as a whole, he also put the screws to alot of players, I mean alot of players...
__________________
"I am the best at what I do, and what I do isn't very nice" - Sean Taylor
Redskins8588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 04:47 PM   #36
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,246
Re: Owners Break Off Talks!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins8588
I do not see how Upshaw can sleep at night, I mean not only did he put the screws to the NFL as a whole, he also put the screws to alot of players, I mean alot of players...
he thinks they'll be better in the long run, but he's left a lot of reps out of the loop and a whole bunch of guys are about to get super pissed.

if i were a draftee this year, a player that gets dumped, or a player that didn't get resigned because of this, I'd be out for his head tonight.

The problem is this unions memberss don't work for 30 or 40 years. They're temporary, and a 1 year flux can totally screw up 100 careers permenantly.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 04:52 PM   #37
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,512
Re: Owners Break Off Talks!!!!!

the bottom line here is that gene upshaw is actually employed by the PLAYERS and any major decisions should be left up to a vote.he,right now,is basically a dictator with all the players caught up in his trance.if the players want an extension,all the rank and file has to do is call for a vote
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 04:59 PM   #38
Special Teams
 
jordanz301's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: damascus, maryland
Age: 26
Posts: 161
Re: Owners Break Off Talks!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
he thinks they'll be better in the long run, but he's left a lot of reps out of the loop and a whole bunch of guys are about to get super pissed.

if i were a draftee this year, a player that gets dumped, or a player that didn't get resigned because of this, I'd be out for his head tonight.

The problem is this unions memberss don't work for 30 or 40 years. They're temporary, and a 1 year flux can totally screw up 100 careers permenantly.

shit if our team isnt half of what it is b4 after this IM GNNA BE OUT FOR HIS HEAD!!!!!he is a dictator
__________________
"meet sean taylor"
jordanz301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 05:04 PM   #39
The Starter
 
RedskinPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Camino,Ca
Posts: 1,174
Re: Owners Break Off Talks!!!!!

Upshaw is playing a game he CAN NOT WIN!!! He should have taken the deal. It was a big gain for the PA. Now here is what is going to happen. He Must disband the union so the owners can't lock them out at some point. He lose that war if he dosen't because the owners will get replacement players all over again. My question if he decertifys what dose that do to the PA good or bad?
RedskinPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 05:17 PM   #40
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,246
Re: Owners Break Off Talks!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinPete
Upshaw is playing a game he CAN NOT WIN!!! He should have taken the deal. It was a big gain for the PA. Now here is what is going to happen. He Must disband the union so the owners can't lock them out at some point. He lose that war if he dosen't because the owners will get replacement players all over again. My question if he decertifys what dose that do to the PA good or bad?
Players can sue the nfl for anti-trust issues.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 06:19 PM   #41
Playmaker
 
Sammy Baugh Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northern Virginia, Woodbridge
Age: 52
Posts: 2,507
Re: Owners Break Off Talks!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
Players can sue the nfl for anti-trust issues.
Any one can sue.

I think the players are playing against a different batch of owners these years than in years before.

The days of Labor Unions bullying companies has long past. The NFL is one of and may be the last.


Go Owners!
__________________
Check out Mike Hedrick - The Next Food Network Star.
Please Click and give me a Thumbs Up and Positive Comment. Thanks
Sammy Baugh Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 06:47 PM   #42
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: Owners Break Off Talks!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy Baugh Fan
Any one can sue.

I think the players are playing against a different batch of owners these years than in years before.

The days of Labor Unions bullying companies has long past. The NFL is one of and may be the last.

Go Owners!
I actually think only the players can sue since they are the only ones with standing.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 06:54 PM   #43
Playmaker
 
Sammy Baugh Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northern Virginia, Woodbridge
Age: 52
Posts: 2,507
Re: Owners Break Off Talks!!!!!

I think there will be many out of work players next year that may want to sue the PA for losing their jobs.
__________________
Check out Mike Hedrick - The Next Food Network Star.
Please Click and give me a Thumbs Up and Positive Comment. Thanks
Sammy Baugh Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 06:55 PM   #44
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: Owners Break Off Talks!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy Baugh Fan
I think there will be many out of work players next year that may want to sue the PA for losing their jobs.
Yup. Upshaw better hire bodyguards.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 11:04 PM   #45
Impact Rookie
 
LongTimeSkinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: LaVale MD
Age: 51
Posts: 515
Re: Owners Break Off Talks!!!!!

When push comes to shove these guys want to work... could make for some interesting arena football!
__________________
...skins fan since 72 and still breathin'!
LongTimeSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29524 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25