Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Lavar's Statement (cut so deep)

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2006, 01:58 PM   #1
What will Shanny do this offseason?
 
diehardskin2982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,318
Lavar's Statement (cut so deep)

I was in my car and listening to sports talk 980, the local station for sports in dc. On there Lavar was getting interviewed by John Thompson. He said that he is going to pursue a contract with a team in the NFC east so that he can play in Washington once a year, because he loves it here so much. Ugh!!! Does this mean Lavar will be the NFL's version of Johny Damon switching from the skins to the boys? Where do you guy's think he will go and if it is a NFC East team who would you rather it be: Dallas, NY, or Philly?
__________________
That got ugly fast
diehardskin2982 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-07-2006, 02:03 PM   #2
Karma Chameleon (I come and go)
 
jdlea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis, MD
Age: 29
Posts: 3,087
Re: Lavar's Statement (cut so deep)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982
I was in my car and listening to sports talk 980, the local station for sports in dc. On there Lavar was getting interviewed by John Thompson. He said that he is going to pursue a contract with a team in the NFC east so that he can play in Washington once a year, because he loves it here so much. Ugh!!! Does this mean Lavar will be the NFL's version of Johny Damon switching from the skins to the boys? Where do you guy's think he will go and if it is a NFC East team who would you rather it be: Dallas, NY, or Philly?
I think the Eagles are probably the best fit. They need some LBs and he could be a playmaker in that D. I have no idea where I would prefer he go. I would rather he just stayed in Washington, but it's a little late to think like that.

As for comparing him to Johnny Damon, I guess it's close, but Johnny Damon was a free agent. LaVar got cut. No matter the terms, LaVar got cut. I don't know if it's really the same situation. Whatever the case, it'll be interesting to see what he does to us if he goes to the NFC East.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack
Albert Connell is perhaps the worst Redskin I ever had the misfortune of meeting. He's the kind of guy that makes media people covering their favorite team growing up no longer like that team
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 02:03 PM   #3
Camp Scrub
 
drewmarusak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 21
Re: Lavar's Statement (cut so deep)

This guy is going to go anywhere that gives him money... He could care less about the color jersey he wears... If he's not with me... He's against me!
drewmarusak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 02:08 PM   #4
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 17,488
Re: Lavar's Statement (cut so deep)

I'd love to just see him go to SD. Get him out of the NFC.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 02:09 PM   #5
The Starter
 
scowan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: KY
Age: 45
Posts: 1,514
Re: Lavar's Statement (cut so deep)

It will be Lavar's 7th year in the league. He will probably get overpaid and then get hurt and we will never face him, no matter what teams he ends up on.

That's my prediction, and I love the guy!
scowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 02:10 PM   #6
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 7,980
Re: Lavar's Statement (cut so deep)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982
I was in my car and listening to sports talk 980, the local station for sports in dc. On there Lavar was getting interviewed by John Thompson. He said that he is going to pursue a contract with a team in the NFC east so that he can play in Washington once a year, because he loves it here so much. Ugh!!! Does this mean Lavar will be the NFL's version of Johny Damon switching from the skins to the boys? Where do you guy's think he will go and if it is a NFC East team who would you rather it be: Dallas, NY, or Philly?
That makes me sick! I don't buy that BS that he wants to be in the NFC so that he can play in DC because he loves it here; he wants to play in the NFCE so that he can (try to) stick it to the team for "not wanting him" anymore. Pierce basically said the same thing last year. I know the team asked a lot of LaVar lately, but I've lost a great deal of respect for him. He claims to love it here, well he could have worked something else out besides this. I hope he goes and plays for the AFC west or something so that he hardly have to hear from or about him.
As far as him playing within the division, I hope goes to philly so that he can see what a fickle franchise is really like. The fans will spit on him the first time he misses a tackle because he was going for the KO.

ps - I'm not bitter or anything...
__________________
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
@Scott_Did_It is bored. Bother him.
ArtMonkDrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 02:11 PM   #7
Pro Bowl
 
BigSKINBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 26
Posts: 5,635
Re: Lavar's Statement (cut so deep)

they shouldn't take shawne's number away if he goes to diego.

I see him going to the eagles, giants, San diego, minni, browns, pittsburg, or miami.
__________________
"For there is nothing half so glorious
As to see our team victorious"



BSB
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 02:11 PM   #8
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: Lavar's Statement (cut so deep)

One Giants player said yesterday that middle linebacker Antonio Pierce has begun making a big push for the team to sign Arrington, his former teammate with the Redskins.
-- Newark Star-Ledger
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 02:14 PM   #9
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Lavar's Statement (cut so deep)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmarusak
This guy is going to go anywhere that gives him money... He could care less about the color jersey he wears... If he's not with me... He's against me!
I doubt that, in a perfect world LA would still be a Redskin. And I also doubt it's all about the money for him.

But what's done is done, and he's gone.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 02:14 PM   #10
Pro Bowl
 
BigSKINBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 26
Posts: 5,635
Re: Lavar's Statement (cut so deep)

I hate antonio pierce and champ. They both never shut the **** up. I know antonio has done nothing wrong... yet involving lavar but if Lavar ever ends up talking shit about the skins like bailey and antonio i will be more hurt than pissed.
__________________
"For there is nothing half so glorious
As to see our team victorious"



BSB
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 02:15 PM   #11
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Lavar's Statement (cut so deep)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz
That makes me sick! I don't buy that BS that he wants to be in the NFC so that he can play in DC because he loves it here; he wants to play in the NFCE so that he can (try to) stick it to the team for "not wanting him" anymore. Pierce basically said the same thing last year. I know the team asked a lot of LaVar lately, but I've lost a great deal of respect for him. He claims to love it here, well he could have worked something else out besides this. I hope he goes and plays for the AFC west or something so that he hardly have to hear from or about him.
As far as him playing within the division, I hope goes to philly so that he can see what a fickle franchise is really like. The fans will spit on him the first time he misses a tackle because he was going for the KO.

ps - I'm not bitter or anything...
I still think he'll end up in the AFC west; Denver isn't out of the equation either.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 02:17 PM   #12
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,637
Re: Lavar's Statement (cut so deep)

I think the leading candidates will be (in no particular order)-Giants, Eagles, Vikings, Browns

But when all is said and done I'm predicting he goes to the Ravens

I'm not sure I'd compare him to Johnny Damon though if he went to the Cowboys. I don't think it would have been as big a deal if not for the fact that, just two years ago, Damon was instrumental in getting the Yankees monkey off the Red Sox nation back and getting them their first WS title in 88 years. LaVar is not in the same situation
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 02:18 PM   #13
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Lavar's Statement (cut so deep)

I think its kind of strang that we have not heard any comments from any Skins players. I know they are at home but it would seem that someone would have been asked something by now.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 02:19 PM   #14
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,637
Re: Lavar's Statement (cut so deep)

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown
I think its kind of strang that we have not heard any comments from any Skins players. I know they are at home but it would seem that someone would have been asked something by now.
http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=15720
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 02:20 PM   #15
Karma Chameleon (I come and go)
 
jdlea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis, MD
Age: 29
Posts: 3,087
Re: Lavar's Statement (cut so deep)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz
That makes me sick! I don't buy that BS that he wants to be in the NFC so that he can play in DC because he loves it here; he wants to play in the NFCE so that he can (try to) stick it to the team for "not wanting him" anymore. Pierce basically said the same thing last year. I know the team asked a lot of LaVar lately, but I've lost a great deal of respect for him. He claims to love it here, well he could have worked something else out besides this. I hope he goes and plays for the AFC west or something so that he hardly have to hear from or about him.
As far as him playing within the division, I hope goes to philly so that he can see what a fickle franchise is really like. The fans will spit on him the first time he misses a tackle because he was going for the KO.

ps - I'm not bitter or anything...
I think the only solution that would have suited the Redskins would have been for him to take a paycut and accept being a backup and having everyone saying "he blows assignments" and jerking him off the field every single time he makes a mistake. It became obvious that Washington wanted him gone. He was going to get cut regardless to whether or not he gave back the dough. Whenever it becomes obvious you're not wanted in Washington, you won't be in Washington much longer. See: Stephen Davis and Brad Johnson. All of those situations went down the same way.

I don't buy that he wouldn't have been cut if he hadn't given the money back either. Dead cap space has never stopped Washington from making a move. He was gone, it was just up to him when it was going to happen. If he didn't give back the money then he would have gotten cut when he would have had to hustle to find a team and take way less than he's worth.

I'm not saying LaVar didn't cause some of this, but let's not absolve the Redskins in this one.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack
Albert Connell is perhaps the worst Redskin I ever had the misfortune of meeting. He's the kind of guy that makes media people covering their favorite team growing up no longer like that team
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31561 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25