Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Trimming the Fat

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2006, 03:42 PM   #16
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: Trimming the Fat

the 4.4 is non contigent on a new cba, the cuts can save up to 11$ mill (once ramsey is traded)... hall and jacobs were listed as probable cuts, the other 5 as definite. jacobs will probably stay though since cutting him without a new cba is pointless (it'd cost 118k more to replace him than keep him).

If there's a new cba, we'll have some room to sign people, but not the kind needed for multiple high priced free agents.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-08-2006, 04:19 PM   #17
Special Teams
 
Sociofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Gainesville, VA
Age: 49
Posts: 380
Re: Trimming the Fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
the 4.4 is non contigent on a new cba, the cuts can save up to 11$ mill (once ramsey is traded)... hall and jacobs were listed as probable cuts, the other 5 as definite. jacobs will probably stay though since cutting him without a new cba is pointless (it'd cost 118k more to replace him than keep him).

If there's a new cba, we'll have some room to sign people, but not the kind needed for multiple high priced free agents.
For 118K, I'd take a receiver who could actually catch the damned football!
Sociofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 04:20 PM   #18
The Starter
 
PWNED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ZOMGZZZ!!111
Age: 22
Posts: 1,153
Re: Trimming the Fat

id like to have a qb who would throw to the open receiver. i just hope they tell brunell to do just that next year!
__________________
143 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal.
PWNED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 05:06 PM   #19
Playmaker
 
70Chip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manassas
Age: 43
Posts: 3,048
Re: Trimming the Fat

Those are all the cuts we've been expecting. I hate to lose Tupa, though, even at his age. He booms his punts and it is my lifelong dream to see Joe Gibbs call a fake FG. As a former QB, he would be the guy to run it.
__________________
This Monkey's Gone to Heaven
70Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 05:09 PM   #20
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: Trimming the Fat

Matt Bowen -- what a lousy POS he was.

Yet another brilliant free agency move by the Redskin Front Office.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 05:29 PM   #21
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: Trimming the Fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven
Matt Bowen -- what a lousy POS he was.

Yet another brilliant free agency move by the Redskin Front Office.
I don't think it was a bad move. We didn't exactly break the bank for the guy, we gave up what a 7th rounder for him, and we are letting him go when he becomes expensive. I wouldn't say it was a boneheaded move.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 05:36 PM   #22
The Starter
 
PWNED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ZOMGZZZ!!111
Age: 22
Posts: 1,153
Re: Trimming the Fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Chip
Those are all the cuts we've been expecting. I hate to lose Tupa, though, even at his age. He booms his punts and it is my lifelong dream to see Joe Gibbs call a fake FG. As a former QB, he would be the guy to run it.
i concur. are we planning on keeping frost? i mean damn
__________________
143 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal.
PWNED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 09:33 AM   #23
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: Trimming the Fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramseyfan
I don't think it was a bad move. We didn't exactly break the bank for the guy, we gave up what a 7th rounder for him, and we are letting him go when he becomes expensive. I wouldn't say it was a boneheaded move.
He was a putz.

Actually, in the rare moments when he wasn't getting injured, burned for long touchdown passes, and taking horrible angles on running plays, he wasn't that bad.

But now that the CBA has been agreed on, are all those possible cuts off the table now?
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 09:41 AM   #24
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,789
Re: Trimming the Fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramseyfan
I don't think it was a bad move. We didn't exactly break the bank for the guy, we gave up what a 7th rounder for him, and we are letting him go when he becomes expensive. I wouldn't say it was a boneheaded move.
It was kind of unfortunate though that his hardest hit as a Redskin was probably on teammate Trung Canidate
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 09:45 AM   #25
The Starter
 
PWNED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ZOMGZZZ!!111
Age: 22
Posts: 1,153
Re: Trimming the Fat

i think a lot of peoples hardest hits were on trung candidate.
__________________
143 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal.
PWNED is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.21865 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25