Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Why We Shouldn't Go Crazy in Free Agency

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2006, 09:50 PM   #16
Karma Chameleon (I come and go)
 
jdlea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 3,087
Re: Why We Shouldn't Go Crazy in Free Agency

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
kampman
bruce
longwell

and if sam koch goes for the nfl, bring him here. otherwise zastudil is a FA, but he's pretty average.
I definitely would be happy with those additions. I'm not too particularly high on Kampman, but Bruce and Longwell would be huge additions. As for DE, I really wouldn't mind seeing Darren Howard added.

Right now, I'm really just happy that there is a CBA in place, however, it's difficult to think that now Washington has to start over restructuring contracts.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack
Albert Connell is perhaps the worst Redskin I ever had the misfortune of meeting. He's the kind of guy that makes media people covering their favorite team growing up no longer like that team
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-08-2006, 09:50 PM   #17
Special Teams
 
Dana87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Saint Augustine, Florida
Age: 52
Posts: 130
Re: Why We Shouldn't Go Crazy in Free Agency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramseyfan
I know a lot of people are excited about the new CBA ... and cap room. Trust me, I am absolutely elated. However, I hope we don't go crazy in free agency (assuming we get the cap room to go crazy). A lot of people have been talking about going after big name free agents.
What makes you think the Redskins would even think of going crazy? What have they done over the past 2 years that would cause you concern? They now have the right formula, they know they need 2 or 3 key additions and I have every confidence that Gibbs & Co will sign the right guys. Just because alot of people are talking about signing big names, doesn't mean that that is what Gibbs & Co will do. I dont imagine that they check with the Media, or the message boards for what to do.

It's been a tough couple of weeks. Try to sit back and enjoy the good news for awhile.
__________________
"Home Field Advantage Throughout the '06 Playoffs"
Dana87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:53 PM   #18
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: Why We Shouldn't Go Crazy in Free Agency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana87
What makes you think the Redskins would even think of going crazy? What have they done over the past 2 years that would cause you concern? They now have the right formula, they know they need 2 or 3 key additions and I have every confidence that Gibbs & Co will sign the right guys. Just because alot of people are talking about signing big names, doesn't mean that that is what Gibbs & Co will do. I dont imagine that they check with the Media, or the message boards for what to do.

It's been a tough couple of weeks. Try to sit back and enjoy the good news for awhile.
I doubt we'll go crazy in free agency. I know Gibbs & Co. don't check the message boards when deciding what players to acquire. I started the thread to kill some of the "let's go after John Abraham, Darren Howard, Drew Brees, etc." talk.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:53 PM   #19
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,314
Re: Why We Shouldn't Go Crazy in Free Agency

Definitely want Isaac Bruce, a decent kicker, and a CORNERBACK. And I'll take a pass rusher if we can find one that doesn't break the bank.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:53 PM   #20
Special Teams
 
SkinsLove24/7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Bowie, MD
Age: 27
Posts: 423
Re: Why We Shouldn't Go Crazy in Free Agency

I heard on the sports junkies that the skins were talking to Issac Bruce's agent. He would be a great #2 here.
SkinsLove24/7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:56 PM   #21
Special Teams
 
Dana87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Saint Augustine, Florida
Age: 52
Posts: 130
Re: Why We Shouldn't Go Crazy in Free Agency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsLove24/7
I heard on the sports junkies that the skins were talking to Issac Bruce's agent. He would be a great #2 here.
Sign Bruce and draft a WR to groom into the system. Bruce only good for another couple of years. But he should be solid for those two years.
__________________
"Home Field Advantage Throughout the '06 Playoffs"
Dana87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:58 PM   #22
Special Teams
 
mcalderone10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bethesda MD
Posts: 193
Re: Why We Shouldn't Go Crazy in Free Agency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsLove24/7
I heard on the sports junkies that the skins were talking to Issac Bruce's agent. He would be a great #2 here.
Bruce would def a great #2 do you think we should keep patten? he was injured last year and consistently bad when he played. If he doesn't have a good training camp i say we try to trade him or do we even let him go all the way to training camp?
mcalderone10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:59 PM   #23
Special Teams
 
mcalderone10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bethesda MD
Posts: 193
Re: Why We Shouldn't Go Crazy in Free Agency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana87
Sign Bruce and draft a WR to groom into the system. Bruce only good for another couple of years. But he should be solid for those two years.
patten is gettin old too right?
mcalderone10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 10:20 PM   #24
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: Why We Shouldn't Go Crazy in Free Agency

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcalderone10
Bruce would def a great #2 do you think we should keep patten? he was injured last year and consistently bad when he played. If he doesn't have a good training camp i say we try to trade him or do we even let him go all the way to training camp?
he wasn't bad compared to the scrubs after him and he'd be a monster #3. his individual production wasn't great, but he did make catches and he kept moss clean and let other guys (RBs, #3 WRs, TEs) get open too.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 10:50 PM   #25
Impact Rookie
 
ST21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 519
Re: Why We Shouldn't Go Crazy in Free Agency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramseyfan
I know a lot of people are excited about the new CBA ... and cap room. Trust me, I am absolutely elated. However, I hope we don't go crazy in free agency (assuming we get the cap room to go crazy). A lot of people have been talking about going after big name free agents. Why?

We did very well last year with a core group of solid guys. Why wreck team chemistry by revamping the roster? Sure, we need a few guys here and there, but I doubt we need more than 1-3 new starters.

Just my two cents.
Bullshit.......Santana was by himself last year....except in the Redzone, where Cooley was by himself....I need a Good #2 Eric Moulds, ..Joe Jurevious, Koren Robinson good back up...TE Dan Campbell....Oh God can we get John Abraham and Tank Williams.....at SS....next to Sean Taylor oh yeah.....and DT Trevor Pryce
__________________
SAY HELLO TO THE BAD GUY........
ST21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 10:54 PM   #26
Playmaker
 
celts32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hackettstown NJ
Age: 43
Posts: 2,656
Re: Why We Shouldn't Go Crazy in Free Agency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana87
What makes you think the Redskins would even think of going crazy? What have they done over the past 2 years that would cause you concern? They now have the right formula, they know they need 2 or 3 key additions and I have every confidence that Gibbs & Co will sign the right guys. Just because alot of people are talking about signing big names, doesn't mean that that is what Gibbs & Co will do. I dont imagine that they check with the Media, or the message boards for what to do.

It's been a tough couple of weeks. Try to sit back and enjoy the good news for awhile.
I was going to write something similar...but now I don't have to. There is no need to worry about the direction of the team under Gibbs & Co.
__________________
Section 115 Row 23

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

http://victorybeer.com/
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 10:58 PM   #27
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: Why We Shouldn't Go Crazy in Free Agency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST21
Bullshit.......Santana was by himself last year....except in the Redzone, where Cooley was by himself....I need a Good #2 Eric Moulds, ..Joe Jurevious, Koren Robinson good back up...TE Dan Campbell....Oh God can we get John Abraham and Tank Williams.....at SS....next to Sean Taylor oh yeah.....and DT Trevor Pryce
You're kidding, right? All those guys are old (e.g. Moulds, Jurevicious, Campbell, Pryce), have bad character (e.g. Robinson, Abraham), or will be costly (e.g. Moulds, Abraham, Pryce).

No thanks. I'll pass. If I go to cap hell, I'd prefer to have gone for some younger, better guys.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 11:05 PM   #28
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,732
Re: Why We Shouldn't Go Crazy in Free Agency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramseyfan
You're kidding, right? All those guys are old (e.g. Moulds, Jurevicious, Campbell, Pryce), have bad character (e.g. Robinson, Abraham), or will be costly (e.g. Moulds, Abraham, Pryce).

No thanks. I'll pass. If I go to cap hell, I'd prefer to have gone for some younger, better guys.
What would you define as old? Under 30?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 11:08 PM   #29
Wildcard Bitches
 
RobH4413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bethesda, MD
Age: 29
Posts: 2,488
Re: Why We Shouldn't Go Crazy in Free Agency

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiggoRules
Why isn't anyone scared sh1tless about QB?
because a healthy brunell w/ open receivers means
many touchdowns and no interceptions. unhealthy
brunell means jason campbell (unless gibbs goes into
another fit of "i love mark in the in the rain, i love
mark in a train, i would not could not put ramsey in,
i do not like anyone but him") and jason campbell
has had only good things said about him.

i think we're in good shape qb-wise
RobH4413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 11:11 PM   #30
Impact Rookie
 
STPainmaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 524
Re: Why We Shouldn't Go Crazy in Free Agency

I agree we should chill a bit with free agency but we definitely neeed a #2 receiver. This just isn't debateable. The other thing is Saunders may want specific personnel for his offense and maybe we should grant him some "shopping rites if he is doing some of the cooking."
__________________
REDSKINS FOR LIFE BEEETCH!!!!
STPainmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31423 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25