Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


12:01 am: source info

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2006, 11:17 PM   #1
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 82,983
12:01 am: source info

Just talked to a reliable "source" of mine and here's a quick and dirty summary:

-He expects the Skins to be very aggressive in free agency. Not quite like 2000, but much more aggressive than we've seen in the last few years. Skins will make several early splashes, Redskins One will be very busy. Skins will look to address most of their needs in free agency.

-Look for the Skins to acquire 'several' big names, and expect at least one trade for a restricted free agent. He expects we'll have several new starters in '06.

-Gibbs and company are gearing up for a championship run and feel they are just a few players away from being serious contenders in 2006.

-Ramsey deal is all but done.

I'll post more info as I get it.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-10-2006, 11:20 PM   #2
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,879
Re: 12:01 am: source info

My "source" has us raiding the Niners for Lloyd and Carter, could be ours by the time you wake up Saturday morning.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 11:21 PM   #3
Special Teams
 
shallyshal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 336
Re: 12:01 am: source info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
Just talked to a reliable "source" of mine and here's a quick and dirty summary:

-He expects the Skins to be very aggressive in free agency. Not quite like 2000, but much more aggressive than we've seen in the last few years. Skins will make several early splashes, Redskins One will be very busy. Skins will look to address most of their needs in free agency.

-Look for the Skins to acquire 'several' big names, and expect at least one trade for a restricted free agent. He expects we'll have several new starters in '06.

-Gibbs and company are gearing up for a championship run and feel they are just a few players away from being serious contenders in 2006.

-Ramsey deal is all but done.

I'll post more info as I get it.
most excellent !!!

i think we are close also.. but, the eagles and dallas have a ton of cap money and will spend it this off season. the giants will secure some players (madison is already an upgrade over allen) and will go as far as eli can take them. so if you are not improving inthe nfc east, you will be falling behind..

the nfc east will be a beast this season..
shallyshal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 11:22 PM   #4
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 33
Posts: 17,593
Re: 12:01 am: source info

My "source" says that bringing a beer to your office is pretty sweet when there's no one around.

Seriously though, where do you guys get these "sources"?
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 11:23 PM   #5
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 82,983
Re: 12:01 am: source info

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS
My "source" has us raiding the Niners for Lloyd and Carter, could be ours by the time you wake up Saturday morning.
Who's going to bed tonight??

LOL

Too bad we can't get minute by minute updates.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 11:24 PM   #6
Special Teams
 
shallyshal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 336
Re: 12:01 am: source info

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS
My "source" has us raiding the Niners for Lloyd and Carter, could be ours by the time you wake up Saturday morning.

we better solve the problems inthe punting and kicking game also or it could circle the bowl. we are going to be playing a lot of close games next year.
i don't care how much we improve, every nfc east game is going to be a dog fight
shallyshal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 11:27 PM   #7
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 82,983
Re: 12:01 am: source info

Quote:
Originally Posted by shallyshal
we better solve the problems inthe punting and kicking game also or it could circle the bowl. we are going to be playing a lot of close games next year.
i don't care how much we improve, every nfc east game is going to be a dog fight
Those areas will be addressed, especially punter.

Hall will likely go to camp with some stiff competition.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 11:27 PM   #8
Camp Scrub
 
SKINFANFOLIFE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 82
Re: 12:01 am: source info

Wow It Doesn't Get Any Better Than This Does It? I'm Not Sold On Carter Though. I Think Peterson Would Be Good. He Still Has It I Believe. He Just Played On A Horrible Team Last Year And Was Unfortunatley Injured The Year Before. The Only Problem With Him Is He Has The Same Agents As Lavar.
SKINFANFOLIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 11:30 PM   #9
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 82,983
Re: 12:01 am: source info

Carter can play DE and LB which is right up GW's alley.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 11:34 PM   #10
Camp Scrub
 
SKINFANFOLIFE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 82
Re: 12:01 am: source info

Your Right But Isn't Carter Prone To The Injury Bug
SKINFANFOLIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 11:40 PM   #11
Camp Scrub
 
SKINFANFOLIFE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 82
Re: 12:01 am: source info

NEVER MIND PETERSON.

Redskins | Team won't make a major move to sign Peterson
Fri, 10 Mar 2006 19:35:42 -0800

Jason La Canfora, of the Washington Post, reports the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/37/nfl">Washington Redskins were not poised to be a major player in the race to sign free agent LB Julian Peterson (49ers), according to representatives for players on the linebacker market.
SKINFANFOLIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 11:46 PM   #12
Camp Scrub
 
SKINFANFOLIFE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 82
Re: 12:01 am: source info

COULD THIS BE TRUE?

Redskins | Team interested in D. Campbell
Fri, 10 Mar 2006 19:31:43 -0800

Jason La Canfora, of the Washington Post, reports the Washington Redskins have contacted the agent for unrestricted free agent TE Dan Campbell (Cowboys), according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

ANOTHER COWGIRL JUMPING SHIP.
SKINFANFOLIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 11:47 PM   #13
The Starter
 
SUNRA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,680
Re: 12:01 am: source info

Well, that's the first great news I've heard. The second news has to do with my great fortune to attend the Superbowl MVP Autograph signings at the Meadowlands Exposition in Secaucus, NJ. By the way, I will only be bringing my jerseys to be signed by none other than Mark Rypien, Doug Willams and "the Dieseal" and the greatest Redskin of all time, John Riggins. Man I am hyped. It's $170.00 for an autograph signing on a jersey, helmet or clothing for Riggins. And $50.00 for Williams and Rypien. Other MVP's are Jerry Rice, Marcus Allen, and a whole host of others.
__________________
Redskins Member since 1970
SUNRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 11:57 PM   #14
Special Teams
 
shallyshal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 336
Re: 12:01 am: source info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
Those areas will be addressed, especially punter.

Hall will likely go to camp with some stiff competition.

it usually doesn't work that 2 vet kickers will be brought to camp. i don't see the skins signing peterson or longwell and keeping hall for the competition. that means we get someone like kimrin (i know he is signed elsewhere) or novack (ditto) to give hall a false sense of competition.. unless we sign someone like edinger or bryant, it won't be a realistic competition and then we will settle on hall by default because rookies or inexperienced kickers don't make pressure kicks inthe real season.

i would rather either say hall is the man, or cut him and sign either longwell or vinateri (if parcells hasn't already got him). these competitons are bs..

as for punter, we simply cannot afford to lose the field position battle all winter to the nfc east teams. they need to go after zastudil if possible.. or take rouen as a fall back. we have tried groom and frost and... well you know the difference between a vet like tupa and a youngster. it was like night and day the past 2 years..
shallyshal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 11:58 PM   #15
Special Teams
 
shallyshal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 336
Re: 12:01 am: source info

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKINFANFOLIFE
COULD THIS BE TRUE?

Redskins | Team interested in D. Campbell
Fri, 10 Mar 2006 19:31:43 -0800

Jason La Canfora, of the Washington Post, reports the Washington Redskins have contacted the agent for unrestricted free agent TE Dan Campbell (Cowboys), according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

ANOTHER COWGIRL JUMPING SHIP.

campbell would be a tremendous signing. great work ethic. solid blocker. under valued receiver. a lot like terry orr used to be. sign him !!!!
shallyshal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.43801 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25