Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Ramsey Rumor Thread

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2006, 10:59 AM   #61
Special Teams
 
Huddle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 352
Re: Ramsey Rumor Thread

Tuesday morning...

N.J. writer still stoking the Abraham-Ramsey trade rumor.

In a poll on GangGreen, a Jets board, slightly more than half would like to have Ramsey. Most of the rest want to draft Cutler with the fourth pick.

I'm not sure why Ramsey would want to sign an extension with the Jets, but who knows?

The Drew Brees - Dolphins negotiations are expected to come to a head today one way or another. This could break a logjam of QB moves.

Most people say it's not possible, but it wouldn't surprise me if Brees re-signed with San Diego. After all, he owes a good part of his rep to LT and Antonio.
Huddle is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-14-2006, 11:08 AM   #62
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: Ramsey Rumor Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huddle
Tuesday morning...

N.J. writer still stoking the Abraham-Ramsey trade rumor.

In a poll on GangGreen, a Jets board, slightly more than half would like to have Ramsey. Most of the rest want to draft Cutler with the fourth pick.

I'm not sure why Ramsey would want to sign an extension with the Jets, but who knows?

The Drew Brees - Dolphins negotiations are expected to come to a head today one way or another. This could break a logjam of QB moves.

Most people say it's not possible, but it wouldn't surprise me if Brees re-signed with San Diego. After all, he owes a good part of his rep to LT and Antonio.
But the key is Ramsey PLUS a second round pick next year, and even with that the Jets want more like a first round pick that we don't have. Screw that! I am sick and tired of losing picks, I think our team is fine we don't need Abraham especially if we have to part with a draft pick, just trade Ramsey straight no giving away draft picks.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 11:16 AM   #63
Special Teams
 
TrustinGibbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Wilmington, NC
Age: 49
Posts: 104
Re: Ramsey Rumor Thread

I dont see where we need Abraham either. We need a linebacker and CB & OL depth. Carter isn't the answer at OLB but he sould be at DE. Daniels and Wynn are fine in rotational roles and Chiris Clemons might still come in on passing downs to get more pass rush(with Daniels moving inside with Griffin?).


Getting Abraham would be excess and excess usually causes team chemistry issues...something Abraham has a reputation for anyway.

I just dont see Gibbs wanting and overpriced cancerous player unless he really needs someone at that position...which we dont.
TrustinGibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 11:17 AM   #64
Special Teams
 
Huddle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 352
Re: Ramsey Rumor Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins
But the key is Ramsey PLUS a second round pick next year, and even with that the Jets want more like a first round pick that we don't have. Screw that! I am sick and tired of losing picks, I think our team is fine we don't need Abraham especially if we have to part with a draft pick, just trade Ramsey straight no giving away draft picks.
I think Gibbs has clearly signalled that we will depend on free agency and not the draft in building our team. With Ramsey in the final year of his contract, we are going to have to give up picks if we want Abraham. The difficulty with this trade is that both players would have to agree to sign extensions.
Huddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 01:23 PM   #65
Special Teams
 
Huddle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 352
Re: Ramsey Rumor Thread

The Detroit Lions signed John Kitna.

Cross them off the list as possible Ramsey trade partners.
Huddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 01:31 PM   #66
Special Teams
 
Huddle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 352
Re: Ramsey Rumor Thread

KFFL says Culpepper to Miami trade will happen today. Vikes get a 2nd round draft pick in 2006.

It will probably be Gus and Daunte at Miami.
Huddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 01:55 PM   #67
Special Teams
 
Huddle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 352
Re: Ramsey Rumor Thread

KFFL reports that the Saints signed Drew Brees for six years.
Huddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 02:12 PM   #68
The Starter
 
drew54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: IOWA
Age: 31
Posts: 1,290
Re: Ramsey Rumor Thread

Maybe Ramsey to the Bengals since they are now in need of a starter, and there is no guarantee that Palmer will be ready for the start of the season. Kind of like a one year insurance policy.

I am surprised that the Vikings, Raiders, & Chiefs havn't shown any interest in Ramsey.
__________________
No pressure, no diamonds.
drew54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 02:21 PM   #69
Special Teams
 
shallyshal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 336
Re: Ramsey Rumor Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew54
Maybe Ramsey to the Bengals since they are now in need of a starter, and there is no guarantee that Palmer will be ready for the start of the season. Kind of like a one year insurance policy.

I am surprised that the Vikings, Raiders, & Chiefs havn't shown any interest in Ramsey.

supposedly the skins have signed collins to be #3 qb... that means that ramsey willbe gone today

jets ?? buffalo ??
shallyshal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 02:23 PM   #70
Special Teams
 
Huddle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 352
Re: Ramsey Rumor Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew54
Maybe Ramsey to the Bengals since they are now in need of a starter, and there is no guarantee that Palmer will be ready for the start of the season. Kind of like a one year insurance policy.

I am surprised that the Vikings, Raiders, & Chiefs havn't shown any interest in Ramsey.
It's hard to figure out what's going on. Ramsey had permission to visit Miami, Detroit and Jets but only saw the latter. Ramsey, of course, wants to be released. It may be that other teams expect him to be released.
Huddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 02:48 PM   #71
Special Teams
 
Huddle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 352
Re: Ramsey Rumor Thread

From the GangGreen Board......

WFAN Rumor about Abraham
The Jets have traded Abraham to the Redskins for Patrick Ramsey, 2nd round pick this year, first round pick next year.

THIS HAS NOT BEEN CONFIRMED
Huddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 02:50 PM   #72
Special Teams
 
RiggoRules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 380
Re: Ramsey Rumor Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huddle
From the GangGreen Board......

WFAN Rumor about Abraham
The Jets have traded Abraham to the Redskins for Patrick Ramsey, 2nd round pick this year, first round pick next year.

THIS HAS NOT BEEN CONFIRMED
Watching the panic on this rumor around here is going to be a freaking blast.
__________________
"Lighten up, Sandy Baby."
RiggoRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 02:50 PM   #73
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,587
Re: Ramsey Rumor Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huddle
From the GangGreen Board......

WFAN Rumor about Abraham
The Jets have traded Abraham to the Redskins for Patrick Ramsey, 2nd round pick this year, first round pick next year.

THIS HAS NOT BEEN CONFIRMED
That's too much in my opinion
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 02:53 PM   #74
The Starter
 
PWNED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ZOMGZZZ!!111
Age: 22
Posts: 1,153
Re: Ramsey Rumor Thread

:vomit: thats WAY too much
__________________
143 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal.
PWNED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 02:55 PM   #75
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,440
Re: Ramsey Rumor Thread

Let's at least wait until something is confirmed before we all start armchair GM'ing this move.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27321 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25