Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Lenny hating again

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2006, 12:29 AM   #1
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,576
Lenny hating again

Will it ever end??

By Len Pasquarelli


On the subject of Arrington, his situation last week is indicative of how some league owners talk a good game, and then fold when it's time to stand behind their words. The Redskins were aided in their quest to squeeze under the salary cap last week when Arrington elected to forfeit $4.4 million in deferred signing bonus money which was part of his 2003 contract extension. The move raised a lot of eyebrows around the league.

Several NFL teams had claimed that the Redskins could not mathematically get under the salary cap if it was set in the $94 million range, which it initially was (at $94.5 million), and that Washington needed a cap level in the $98 million range to be in compliance with the spending limit. And, presto, suddenly the team gained $4.4 million in cap relief (you do the math on the difference between $98 million and $94 million) when Arrington forfeited the deferred bonus money.

While no one was publicly willing to charge the Redskins with attempting to circumvent the cap, there were plenty of whispers that owner Dan Snyder had conspired to get the money to Arrington by surreptitious means.

Some owners contended they would request that commissioner Paul Tagliabue investigate the Arrington forfeiture in an attempt to ascertain if Snyder has played fast-and-loose with the cap rules, which could merit a fine and possible loss of draft choices. Such charges are difficult to prove, of course, but there have been three cases under the current system in which teams were sanctioned for violating the cap rules. Of course, when push came to shove, the whispered charges against Snyder and the Redskins were just bombast, and no team has officially sought an investigation of the Arrington matter.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-12-2006, 12:33 AM   #2
The Starter
 
steveo395's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,674
Re: Lenny hating again

the redskins did nothing wrong, arrington chose to give back the money and leave instead of restructuring

and with all of the other restructures we would have done along with the cuts, we would have gotten under the cap anyway
steveo395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 12:36 AM   #3
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,737
Re: Lenny hating again

Don't worry let him hate. Bultien Board material is always a great motivator.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 12:58 AM   #4
Impact Rookie
 
81forHOF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mt Holly Springs, PA
Age: 42
Posts: 551
Re: Lenny hating again

what a jerk
__________________
81 is where he belongs!
81forHOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 12:58 AM   #5
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,289
Re: Lenny hating again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
Will it ever end??
no.

nothing to see here, please move along.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 01:02 AM   #6
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: Lenny hating again

i have said this before, but lenny P really looks like the fat dude from viva la bam...
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 01:05 AM   #7
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,737
Re: Lenny hating again

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins
i have said this before, but lenny P really looks like the fat dude from viva la bam...
LOL. True Dat. But hey at least he changed his pic. His old one use to creep me out.

Subject A: Before


Subject B: After
http://sports.espn.go.com/keyword/se...vbar&rT=sports
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 01:09 AM   #8
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: Lenny hating again

Yeah his old one was much worst...I love how this totally killed the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359
LOL. True Dat. But hey at least he changed his pic. His old one use to creep me out.

Subject A: Before
[img]http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=len+pasquarelli/v=2/SID=e/l=IVI/;_ylt=A9gnMiPZqxNE5KIA8b2jzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNW N0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=1298e9na4/EXP=1142226265/*-http%3A//espn.go.com/i/columnists/pasquarelli_len_c.jpg[/img]

Subject B: After
http://sports.espn.go.com/keyword/se...elli&rT=sports
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 01:10 AM   #9
The Starter
 
steveo395's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,674
Re: Lenny hating again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359
LOL. True Dat. But hey at least he changed his pic. His old one use to creep me out.

Subject A: Before


Subject B: After
i love how he dyed his hair in the second one...what a fag

at least i think he did...i dont know but its pretty screwed up lookin
steveo395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 01:16 AM   #10
The Starter
 
drew54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: IOWA
Age: 32
Posts: 1,298
Re: Lenny hating again

DON VITO IS THE MAN!!!!!



Speaking of changing Avatars, screw the parrot, I want a Lenny Pastabelly Avatar. TAFKAS make it happen.
__________________
No pressure, no diamonds.
drew54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 01:19 AM   #11
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 9,988
Re: Lenny hating again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
Will it ever end??

By Len Pasquarelli


On the subject of Arrington, his situation last week is indicative of how some league owners talk a good game, and then fold when it's time to stand behind their words. The Redskins were aided in their quest to squeeze under the salary cap last week when Arrington elected to forfeit $4.4 million in deferred signing bonus money which was part of his 2003 contract extension. The move raised a lot of eyebrows around the league.

Several NFL teams had claimed that the Redskins could not mathematically get under the salary cap if it was set in the $94 million range, which it initially was (at $94.5 million), and that Washington needed a cap level in the $98 million range to be in compliance with the spending limit. And, presto, suddenly the team gained $4.4 million in cap relief (you do the math on the difference between $98 million and $94 million) when Arrington forfeited the deferred bonus money.

While no one was publicly willing to charge the Redskins with attempting to circumvent the cap, there were plenty of whispers that owner Dan Snyder had conspired to get the money to Arrington by surreptitious means.

Some owners contended they would request that commissioner Paul Tagliabue investigate the Arrington forfeiture in an attempt to ascertain if Snyder has played fast-and-loose with the cap rules, which could merit a fine and possible loss of draft choices. Such charges are difficult to prove, of course, but there have been three cases under the current system in which teams were sanctioned for violating the cap rules. Of course, when push came to shove, the whispered charges against Snyder and the Redskins were just bombast, and no team has officially sought an investigation of the Arrington matter.
Jesus. Is this the most backhanded bullsh*t ever. If you take a broad view of the piece you understand it's point is to question the cajones of some team officials in the league. But he spends literally 98% of the piece laying out accusations against Snyder that are basically totally unfounded. A better way (and less biased way) to author this piece is basically say "A lot teams say they are suspicious of the Arrington deal but none has come foward to make any charges." What Pasta did was completely denegrate Snyder and lead readers to believe that it was almost fact that Snyder tried to circumvent the cap all in the name of trying to denegrate the other owners. WTF? This is his most embrarassing piece I have ever seen. He should be ashamed of it.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 01:20 AM   #12
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: Lenny hating again

This thread has motivated me to change my signature.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 01:20 AM   #13
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,737
Re: Lenny hating again

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew54
DON VITO IS THE MAN!!!!!



Speaking of changing Avatars, screw the parrot, I want a Lenny Pastabelly Avatar. TAFKAS make it happen.
I want a Peter King Avatar. Oh wait. Better yet a Petter King avatar of him stuffing his fat face at FedEx Field (as seen on HBO.) Make it happen TAFKAS..... Please
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 01:22 AM   #14
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,976
Re: Lenny hating again

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew54
DON VITO IS THE MAN!!!!!



Speaking of changing Avatars, screw the parrot, I want a Lenny Pastabelly Avatar. TAFKAS make it happen.
New Avatars are Matty's domain
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 01:22 AM   #15
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: Lenny hating again

I second that
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30128 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25