Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Next most pressing need

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2006, 06:17 PM   #1
The Starter
 
GoSkins!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yorktown, Va
Age: 45
Posts: 1,587
Next most pressing need

I think we have receiver covered! With Randle El, return man is also covered.

So what do you guys think is the next most important need to fill?

DE
LB
DB
S
TE
OL

I am going to go against the grain here and say that the two most important areas we have to fill are LB and OL.

Defense, LB: This is assuming Taylor plays next year, but I think that we can do alright moving Prioloeu along side of him and putting the other starters on the field again. The one place that other teams exploited was the place Lavar just vacated. I think that GW could fill every other position with average depth players and still field a top 10 defense.

Offense, OL: When Randy went out last year, our running game suffered. Now the two guys that we had as backup are gone (Ray Brown, Cory Raymer). We need a guy who can step in at center or guard and still get outside on the strech plays while also being big enough to push on the gut plays. No doubt we lose a lineman at some point, we should be wary of what happened at WR this past year and protect the offensive line.
__________________
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts. A. Einstien
GoSkins! is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-12-2006, 06:20 PM   #2
Karma Chameleon (I come and go)
 
jdlea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis, MD
Age: 29
Posts: 3,087
Re: Next most pressing need

I would agree that on offense the biggest need is definitely depth on the offensive line. However, I have been screaming for a pass rushing DE for the last few years now and really hope we add Andre Carter. I would agree that we get by without having a true pass rusher on the line, but it would add so much to be able to get pressure from the front four without having to blitz all the time. That's my defensive priority at this point.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack
Albert Connell is perhaps the worst Redskin I ever had the misfortune of meeting. He's the kind of guy that makes media people covering their favorite team growing up no longer like that team
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 06:20 PM   #3
The Starter
 
steveo395's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,674
Re: Next most pressing need

OL depth is most important right now

idk why we haven't gone after it yet
steveo395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 06:22 PM   #4
Karma Chameleon (I come and go)
 
jdlea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis, MD
Age: 29
Posts: 3,087
Re: Next most pressing need

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo395
OL depth is most important right now

idk why we haven't gone after it yet
Adding depth is easy and can be done later in free agency or through the draft. The Skins are adding starters right now. You have to go after key targets early in free agency. The guys who are only going to provide depth will be around for a while. Right now, I like the gameplan. I do, however, wish we'd added Zastudil and not let Carter leave.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack
Albert Connell is perhaps the worst Redskin I ever had the misfortune of meeting. He's the kind of guy that makes media people covering their favorite team growing up no longer like that team
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 06:26 PM   #5
Special Teams
 
VishsSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Age: 25
Posts: 173
Re: Next most pressing need

With Royal gone, TE might be our biggest need. If we have a solid TE, our offense would be next to unstoppable with our receivers, Portis, and cooley. OL is probably our next biggest concern since aside from our starters, we really have no one else, and that lack of depth hurt us towards the end of the season last year and in the playoffs. With GW as our coordinator, I will always know that whoever we plug in on defense will be productive, so I think that even if we dont get a LB or DE during the offseason, our D will still be top 10.
VishsSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 06:27 PM   #6
The Starter
 
PWNED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ZOMGZZZ!!111
Age: 22
Posts: 1,153
Re: Next most pressing need

i wouldnt be opposed to drafting OL with the first pick. I'd say all DBs and LBs with the rest woo hah!
__________________
143 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal.
PWNED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 06:28 PM   #7
The Starter
 
RedskinPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Camino,Ca
Posts: 1,174
Re: Next most pressing need

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlea
I would agree that on offense the biggest need is definitely depth on the offensive line. However, I have been screaming for a pass rushing DE for the last few years now and really hope we add Andre Carter. I would agree that we get by without having a true pass rusher on the line, but it would add so much to be able to get pressure from the front four without having to blitz all the time. That's my defensive priority at this point.
If Carter is signed we need to look at OL depth. Also the depth at CB and S! I really wish we look at Chris Hope and Jerry Azumah! Both have a lot of up side and are young!
RedskinPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 07:12 PM   #8
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,250
Re: Next most pressing need

te - fauria
de - carter
ss - archuleta

OL - draft (cheaper, we're in a spot to get a great OG/backup OT type)
CB #3 - FA (much cheaper than a starter and too hard to find in the draft if OL is our 2nd rounder)

for the rest of the draft, look at CBs, LBs, OL, and possibly punters. jahri evans, joe toledo, or gerrick mcpherson might slip into the 5th... those are some of the safest bets around that area.
I still have two sleepers (one WR, one P) that should be undrafted.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 07:18 PM   #9
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,829
Re: Next most pressing need

DE first, then linebacker, then o-line depth, then corner and saftey.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 07:21 PM   #10
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: Next most pressing need

Pass rush, pass rush and oh yeah, pass rush.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 07:23 PM   #11
Camp Scrub
 
skinsgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Atlanta
Age: 30
Posts: 34
Re: Next most pressing need

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby
DE first, then linebacker, then o-line depth, then corner and saftey.
I agree defensive end should be our biggest priority right now we need guys that can get penetration and force QB's into turnovers. We took a hit with linebackers so that is going to be siginificant. We need offensive tackles that can provide enough pass protection for Brunell to make accurate throws to the recievers, Are secondary is also depleted after cuts so we aren't as deep as we were.

I hope we can fit all of these needs and stay under the cap without cutting crucial players.
skinsgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 07:41 PM   #12
The Starter
 
GoSkins!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yorktown, Va
Age: 45
Posts: 1,587
Re: Next most pressing need

"That Guy" touched on it. What do we target in free agency vs the draft from here on out?

I think that we can fill a need with our second rounder, but after that everyone is a maybe. We have Manuel White from last years 4th round that may prove to be a good depth H-Back or TE. Sellars could move to blocking TE in Saunders system.

LB and CB must be addressed in free agency. DE is also my biggest want, but I just don't see it as our biggest need. OL can be addressed in the draft or free agency. I agree that we have time to find a guy to fill the backup role, but it is possibly the most important spot to fill right now. A quality backup DT would also be nice to fill Nobles spot.
__________________
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts. A. Einstien
GoSkins! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 10:25 PM   #13
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: Next most pressing need

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSkins!
"That Guy" touched on it. What do we target in free agency vs the draft from here on out?

I think that we can fill a need with our second rounder, but after that everyone is a maybe. We have Manuel White from last years 4th round that may prove to be a good depth H-Back or TE. Sellars could move to blocking TE in Saunders system.

LB and CB must be addressed in free agency. DE is also my biggest want, but I just don't see it as our biggest need. OL can be addressed in the draft or free agency. I agree that we have time to find a guy to fill the backup role, but it is possibly the most important spot to fill right now. A quality backup DT would also be nice to fill Nobles spot.
The lack of a pass rush is preventing the defense from being elite. I wish they had signed Sam Adams instead of R-El but what do I know.
I don't think they miss Noble he hasn't ever been a factor.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 10:45 PM   #14
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,250
Re: Next most pressing need

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim21Reaper
The lack of a pass rush is preventing the defense from being elite. I wish they had signed Sam Adams instead of R-El but what do I know.
I don't think they miss Noble he hasn't ever been a factor.
sam adams is a DT on the decline. we're trying for carter right now.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 10:48 PM   #15
Special Teams
 
bigm29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mt. Laurel, NJ
Age: 26
Posts: 353
Re: Next most pressing need

Our next most pressing need is by far O-line. think about it. as of right now we have literally 1 back up lineman that might be able to play and that is jim molinaro.

after that we need a relplacement for arrington

then a nickel back and a pass rusher, and gettin our guys resigned

and finally... pray sean taylor doesnt go to jail
__________________
Hail Redskins!!!
bigm29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28836 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25