Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Steelers sign Ryan Clark

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2006, 10:10 AM   #31
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,218
Re: Steelers sign Ryan Clark

Quote:
"It's a wonderful day," Clark said. "I was at the airport, swinging my terrible towel. I was with a team with a great fan base now -- they're going to hate me for this -- but I'm with a team with an even better one. The beauty of it is I'm coming to a team that's already great. I'll just try to fit in and be part of this great organization." ...
Hes giving the people at his new team something to root for. As a pro athelete you have to say the right things to whatever team/fans you're playing for.

In closing, I agree with That Guy =p
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-15-2006, 10:11 AM   #32
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,347
Re: Steelers sign Ryan Clark

I agree he's just saying what any player does when signed to a new team. They always talk it up as being a better situation, and for him how can you disagree? He wasn't going to start anymore here that's for sure. At least in Pitt he'll have a shot.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 10:13 AM   #33
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,266
Re: Steelers sign Ryan Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by 724Skinsfan
You quoted me but your response seems to be aimed towards PWNED.
meant to hit scheed's post, sorry
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 10:17 AM   #34
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,266
Re: Steelers sign Ryan Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10
I expect him to be gracious. There is absolutely no reason why he needs to say that the Steelers' fan base is better than ours. He can just say he's excited to play in a town with a great fan base, he's excited to be a Pittsburgh Steeler, and leave it at that.

The comment about our fan base was entirely unnecessary and unsolicited.
you realize he complimented our fanbase, right? the steelers generally are regarded as having a better fanbase by most in the media etc, so all of a sudden he's not allowed to state facts?

Its no big deal, lloyd trashed the 49ers already (they haven't won a lot of games lately), arch thrashed the rams (we finished 30th in defense), so we should be on their arse about it too right?
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 10:18 AM   #35
The Starter
 
PWNED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ZOMGZZZ!!111
Age: 22
Posts: 1,153
Re: Steelers sign Ryan Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal
Hes giving the people at his new team something to root for. As a pro athelete you have to say the right things to whatever team/fans you're playing for.

In closing, I agree with That Guy =p
im not even saying i disagree. im just saying thats how i feel. no one is saying its right or wrong, and not even saying that i expect him to act differently, its basically someone taking a shot at your team and its fanbase and whether its true or not, its still something you dont like to hear.
__________________
143 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal.
PWNED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 10:19 AM   #36
The Starter
 
PWNED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ZOMGZZZ!!111
Age: 22
Posts: 1,153
Re: Steelers sign Ryan Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
you realize he complimented our fanbase, right? the steelers generally are regarded as having a better fanbase by most in the media etc, so all of a sudden he's not allowed to state facts?

Its no big deal, lloyd trashed the 49ers already (they haven't won a lot of games lately), arch thrashed the rams (we finished 30th in defense), so we should be on their arse about it too right?
NO because he plays for us now. i mean im not even trying to hide the bias and its completely admitted. its because they play for us and its who i like, granted not everyone gets a free pass on stuff they say.
__________________
143 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal.
PWNED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 10:20 AM   #37
Special Teams
 
amorentz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 34
Posts: 368
Re: Steelers sign Ryan Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim21Reaper
He may get cut. I would be shocked if he starts for them.
The ESPN article I read said that they expect him to be their starter at FS, I suppose replacing Chris Hope. I hope he got a great contract, he was a real Redskin!
amorentz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 10:40 AM   #38
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,266
Re: Steelers sign Ryan Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWNED
NO because he plays for us now. i mean im not even trying to hide the bias and its completely admitted. its because they play for us and its who i like, granted not everyone gets a free pass on stuff they say.
i was responding to scheed. I understand what you're saying.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 10:44 AM   #39
The Starter
 
PWNED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ZOMGZZZ!!111
Age: 22
Posts: 1,153
Re: Steelers sign Ryan Clark

ok cool, lots of responses. its all good.
__________________
143 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal.
PWNED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 10:54 AM   #40
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,297
Re: Steelers sign Ryan Clark

Yeah I don't agree with you guys. You can say a lot of great things about your new situation without knocking your former situation.

That Guy, I know the Steelers are said to have the best fan base. But that doesn't mean he needs to make the direct comparison to us. He can just say "I'm really excited about playing here in Pittsburgh."

If that was your idea of paying a complement to our fanbase, you must enjoy backhanded complements. Is the comment a big deal to me? No. He can go on and do his thing and come next season I probably won't even remember who he's playing for. But it's just unnecessary and I thought showed a little lack of class. That's all.

I can admire Lavar because he has said over and over how great this town has been to him. He has been gracious throughout his departure. Clark's comment was just not necessary though.

But whatever. We have Arch now, we're better off.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 11:03 AM   #41
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,266
Re: Steelers sign Ryan Clark

you play to your audience; he's a broadcasting (comm) major. He said we had a great fanbase. It wasn't a backhanded compliment unless you think being #2/32 is a huge diss. Arch and lloyd both made similar comments but without saying anything positive at all about their former teams.

If someone came here and just said "I'm excited to be here" it'd probably be considered really boring too

champ insulted the skins; this isn't even close, and clark has consistantly said how he loved it here, how the skins gave hima chance to prove himself, about how he'd stay here for less, about how great the lockerroom is and how great his teammates are.

It's odd that you can ignore all the good things he's said and knock him for a single (perceived) sleight that may very well have been a compliment (again, unless you think we're #1/32 without any debate, but i doubt very much the skins are or need to be #1 in absolutely everything they do).
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 12:32 PM   #42
Thank You, Sean.
 
Gmanc711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Age: 28
Posts: 7,499
Re: Steelers sign Ryan Clark

Clark has had plenty of other quotes saying how great his time here was and how he loved the team, fans and area, this dosent bother me at all.
__________________
#21
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 12:41 PM   #43
The Starter
 
warriorzpath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,659
Re: Steelers sign Ryan Clark

I think he's been cool with the redskins; he just needed to leave for himself - he's got more money (probably) and a better situation. What more can he ask for. I don't think he's leaving out of spite for the redskins - I think he has a reasonable understanding of what the redskins had to do and also what he had to do. I wish him only the best because there is no reason to hate him for moving on. He's better off, the redskins are better off (at the safety position).
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 02:55 PM   #44
Pro Bowl
 
BigSKINBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 26
Posts: 5,635
Re: Steelers sign Ryan Clark

"I was trying to contain it a little bit. I'll be in the airport swinging my Terrible Towel and just getting ready to play. I am excited to come here. I was with a team with a great fan base and now I am with a team with an even better one "

__________________
"For there is nothing half so glorious
As to see our team victorious"



BSB
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 03:04 PM   #45
The Starter
 
PWNED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ZOMGZZZ!!111
Age: 22
Posts: 1,153
Re: Steelers sign Ryan Clark

chaps my ass JUST a touch, but however he was nothing but a model skin while he was here. you cant really say the skins didnt give HIM just a little of a screw job too. the skins need to improve, he wanted to be a starter. neither side could come to an agreement. good luck to him. i just wish he would have left off the last part of his statement.
__________________
143 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal.
PWNED is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.49580 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25