Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Possible reason for the Ramsey trade stalling...

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2006, 12:14 AM   #1
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Possible reason for the Ramsey trade stalling...

Falcons | Team trying to trade for Abraham
Tue, 14 Mar 2006 20:58:41 -0800

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Atlanta Falcons are trying to piece together a trade offer to present to the New York Jets in exchange for franchise free agent DE John Abraham. One significant blockage to a deal that, despite ongoing efforts from both sides, remains a long shot: The Falcons steadfastly refuse to include QB Matt Schaub, the player Jets officials regard as the centerpiece to any deal, in their trade proposals. It is believed the Jets are seeking Schaub and the Falcons' second-round draft pick for Abraham.

ramsey is better than schaub... if anything they should trade him to the titans for volek.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-15-2006, 12:44 AM   #2
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: Possible reason for the Ramsey trade stalling...

With the Dolphins and now perhaps the Jets out of the running, we're looking at a 7th rounder or an outright release.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 12:48 AM   #3
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,961
Re: Possible reason for the Ramsey trade stalling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
ramsey is better than schaub... if anything they should trade him to the titans for volek.
What makes you say he is better? Schaub hasn't done much of anything but he hasn't shown that he can't get it done. At the very most Ramsey has shown only flashes of promise mixed in with plenty of reason to soubt. I'd say the jury is out for sure. Looks like if we make a deal though it would probably be our 2 and Ramsey for Abraham. I don't like the deal. Take a 4th(x fingers) or 5th(more likely) and stick with what we have. We need a corner more at this point.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 12:53 AM   #4
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,788
Re: Possible reason for the Ramsey trade stalling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha
With the Dolphins and now perhaps the Jets out of the running, we're looking at a 7th rounder or an outright release.
I think the Raiders should still be considered a possibility. Do you know Al? Can you give him a call?

And what about the Cardinals? They have a lot of young weapons on offense and how many years does Kurt Warner have left? Or Trent Green in KC?

And how about the Ravens? Actually, I think Billick would rather die than admit Boller isn't the answer.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 02:49 AM   #5
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: Possible reason for the Ramsey trade stalling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG
What makes you say he is better? Schaub hasn't done much of anything but he hasn't shown that he can't get it done. At the very most Ramsey has shown only flashes of promise mixed in with plenty of reason to soubt. I'd say the jury is out for sure. Looks like if we make a deal though it would probably be our 2 and Ramsey for Abraham. I don't like the deal. Take a 4th(x fingers) or 5th(more likely) and stick with what we have. We need a corner more at this point.
W/L ratio, TD-INT ratio, YPA, completion %, etc etc. You're right, he hasn't had a lot of time to showcase himself, but so far he hasn't been blowing things up either.

as far as using the picks, we'll have to see how FA ends. the jets 5th would be real nice to have though.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 03:45 AM   #6
The Starter
 
RedskinPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Camino,Ca
Posts: 1,174
Re: Possible reason for the Ramsey trade stalling...

[QUOTE=That Guy]Falcons | Team trying to trade for Abraham
Tue, 14 Mar 2006 20:58:41 -0800

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Atlanta Falcons are trying to piece together a trade offer to present to the New York Jets in exchange for franchise free agent DE John Abraham. One significant blockage to a deal that, despite ongoing efforts from both sides, remains a long shot: The Falcons steadfastly refuse to include QB Matt Schaub, the player Jets officials regard as the centerpiece to any deal, in their trade proposals. It is believed the Jets are seeking Schaub and the Falcons' second-round draft pick for Abraham.

The real stopping point is the Money Abraham wants!!!!
RedskinPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 03:54 AM   #7
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 9,951
Re: Possible reason for the Ramsey trade stalling...

I would take Schaub over Ramsey. Schaub can throw, he can run and he can read defenses pretty good for someone that hasn't played much. To put it simply Schaub has more potential.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 07:31 AM   #8
The Starter
 
backrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: 36.28 x 76.22
Age: 62
Posts: 1,812
Re: Possible reason for the Ramsey trade stalling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1
I would take Schaub over Ramsey. Schaub can throw, he can run and he can read defenses pretty good for someone that hasn't played much. To put it simply Schaub has more potential.

I've thought the same thing! Schaub looks as if he is in charge and knows what to do in the Huddle and at the line. P. Ram looks as if he is waiting for the call from the bench with the next play, and is only following orders. Of course Ram looked beaten up and gun-shy during OBC's reign as HC with no protection.
__________________
'37, '42, '83, '88, '92. Championship!
backrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 08:01 AM   #9
Camp Scrub
 
Sknsnation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 16
Re: Possible reason for the Ramsey trade stalling...

With culpepper in Miami now wouldnt the vikes also need a Qb?, i mean Johnson isnt the rock of gilbralter,maybe they will call.
Sknsnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 09:01 AM   #10
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: Possible reason for the Ramsey trade stalling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sknsnation
With culpepper in Miami now wouldnt the vikes also need a Qb?, i mean Johnson isnt the rock of gilbralter,maybe they will call.
The vikes are probably more likely to draft a guy, but they might call.

miami is probably going to try and resign gus.


the bengals DID call for ramsey, but ramsey didn't want to visit them for whatever reason (like knowing he'd be the unquestioned backup).
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 09:15 AM   #11
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,309
Re: Possible reason for the Ramsey trade stalling...

I think the main reason for Ramsey not being traded yet is teams simply aren't willing to give us very much for him.

The Jets reportedly won't go any higher than a 6th rounder. The Skins are holding out for a 4th or better. Probably isn't going to happen though at this point. There are simply too many other quality QBs on the market this year and the demand for an inconsistent young QB isn't very high.

Hopefully we'll hold on to him as long as possible to see if someone gets desperate enough at some point. It would really suck to see him released.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 09:56 AM   #12
The Starter
 
EEich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bristol, CT
Age: 50
Posts: 1,001
Re: Possible reason for the Ramsey trade stalling...

You gotta think that once we signed Collins, the offers got lighter, because of the QB glut.
EEich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 10:06 AM   #13
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 9,951
Re: Possible reason for the Ramsey trade stalling...

Collins SB is next to nothing. Also, if you want to get a QB you better do it as soon as possible. Getting a QB after June means he won't be prepared in time.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 10:10 AM   #14
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,309
Re: Possible reason for the Ramsey trade stalling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEich
You gotta think that once we signed Collins, the offers got lighter, because of the QB glut.
Sounds like the offers were already light prior to Collins' signing.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 10:38 AM   #15
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: Possible reason for the Ramsey trade stalling...

it doesn't help when he turns down some of the teams making offers.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28888 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25