Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Who starts at QB?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2006, 03:43 PM   #61
The Starter
 
PWNED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ZOMGZZZ!!111
Age: 22
Posts: 1,153
Re: Who starts at QB?

well i guess there are two types of people in this world.

1) those who need closure ...
__________________
143 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal.
PWNED is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-15-2006, 03:52 PM   #62
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,324
Re: Who starts at QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain
I really hate to get back into this but it bugs the hell out of me.. How was the way Ramsey treated 'a disgrace'? The 2 training camps that he flopped? The 2 pre-seasons he played crappily thru? The turnovers when he played in the regular season? The sacks because he held the ball for......ev......er....?

Guys, he didn't step up and grab the job, electrify the team, wow the coaches, establish that he was unquestionably, unequivocably THE MAN so please spare us the 'Ramsey never had a chance' bs..

If he came in and played like Elway or Favre (both of whom he's been compared to in this thread) then we wouldn't be having this discussion.. He came in and played like Gus Frerotte and his career path is following accordingly..
Marvelous post.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 03:53 PM   #63
The Starter
 
warriorzpath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,659
Re: Who starts at QB?

Hey PWNED, I have the answer to your signature below your posts - i bet it would win me THE prize too.
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 03:58 PM   #64
Playmaker
 
BrudLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rehoboth Beach, DE
Posts: 3,494
Re: Who starts at QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWNED
well i guess there are two types of people in this world.

1) those who need closure ...
Finish, damnit!!!
__________________
There's nowhere to go but up. Or down. I guess we could stay where we are, too.
BrudLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 03:59 PM   #65
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,875
Re: Who starts at QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain
I really hate to get back into this but it bugs the hell out of me.. How was the way Ramsey treated 'a disgrace'? The 2 training camps that he flopped? The 2 pre-seasons he played crappily thru? The turnovers when he played in the regular season? The sacks because he held the ball for......ev......er....?

Guys, he didn't step up and grab the job, electrify the team, wow the coaches, establish that he was unquestionably, unequivocably THE MAN so please spare us the 'Ramsey never had a chance' bs..

If he came in and played like Elway or Favre (both of whom he's been compared to in this thread) then we wouldn't be having this discussion.. He came in and played like Gus Frerotte and his career path is following accordingly..
I gotta agree with Schneed. That post really summarizes the feelings a lot of us have about Ramsey. Especially the part about him following the career path of Frerotte. That's my fear (for lack of a better word) about what Ramsey's career will be. He'll be steady for a long time, but this is as good as he'll be...Of course, I could be wrong
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 03:59 PM   #66
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,324
Re: Who starts at QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorzpath
I agree. Let me also add something to this - I personally think one of the greatest if not the greatest decision of 2005 was the decision to pull Ramsey and replace him with Brunell. It took a lot of courage for Gibbs to go with his instinct which went against the conventional reasoning of the masses- this was really the first time he did this since he has unretired. I know how there are some that disagree with his treatment of and decisions on ramsey, but I can't argue with the success of 2005.
Agreed. Ramsey got replaced. Did he get as much of a chance to prove himself as Brunell did? No. That's because Brunell already proved himself in Jacksonville. Ramsey is not proven yet. So Gibbs yanked him against Chicago, and Brunell's prior experience in Jacksonville gave Gibbs a good idea that he'd succeed again here, and what do you know, he was right.

A young Mark Brunell once got the same shot that Ramsey got from Spurrier and Gibbs. Brunell got a shot to be a starting quarterback, and in his first full season he took the league by storm and took the Jags to the championship game. Ramsey came into the league, showed courage, gained respect, but in the end was only mediocre.

Brunell has established that he can lead a team, that's why Gibbs went to him.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 04:02 PM   #67
The Starter
 
warriorzpath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,659
Re: Who starts at QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorzpath
Hey PWNED, I have the answer to your signature below your posts - i bet it would win me THE prize too.
It's Lois Lane

i am to superman as Lois Lane is to clark kent.

Because both of you were secret lovers to both. J/K I wanted to type something funnier, but I know this is a family site
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 04:02 PM   #68
The Starter
 
PWNED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ZOMGZZZ!!111
Age: 22
Posts: 1,153
Re: Who starts at QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrudLee
Finish, damnit!!!
thanks brud. i had to have SOMEONE say that.
__________________
143 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal.
PWNED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 04:03 PM   #69
The Starter
 
PWNED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ZOMGZZZ!!111
Age: 22
Posts: 1,153
Re: Who starts at QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorzpath
It's Lois Lane

i am to superman as Lois Lane is to clark kent.

Because both of you were secret lovers to both. J/K I wanted to type something funnier, but I know this is a family site
yes the people that DIDNT want the prize thought it would be funny to send me a PM of that too. drew54 happened to answer me correctly and will be receiving an auto'd card in the mail.
__________________
143 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal.
PWNED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 04:06 PM   #70
The Starter
 
scowan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: KY
Age: 45
Posts: 1,526
Re: Who starts at QB?

Though we didn't need Ramsey on the team (he played only sparingly in blowouts the remainder of the season), that couldn't have been clear in late September, when the Jets were making overtures. Keeping Ramsey wasn't a question of Gibbs trying to screw Ramsey or anyone else, it was Gibbs trying to field the best roster he could in 2005.[/QUOTE]

I beg to differ about Ramsey. Once the season started, we DID need him. Jason Campbell was not ready to step in should Brunell have gone down and we basically had two starters to work with. I also agree with other fans on this site that believe Ramsey was given every opportunity to be the starter and he just did not do enough to make it happen. That is why the Gibbs decision was so tough to make and so contriversial.
scowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 04:21 PM   #71
The Starter
 
warriorzpath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,659
Re: Who starts at QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS
I gotta agree with Schneed. That post really summarizes the feelings a lot of us have about Ramsey. Especially the part about him following the career path of Frerotte. That's my fear (for lack of a better word) about what Ramsey's career will be. He'll be steady for a long time, but this is as good as he'll be...Of course, I could be wrong
Hopefully the redskins will be winning so many games plus the superbowl, to even notice what ramsey is doing. My point: the redskins should focus on what they have instead of what they don't have - winning would acheive this, they wouldn't have to worry about him or anyone else that doesn't have an indian on their helmet.
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 04:24 PM   #72
The Starter
 
warriorzpath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,659
Re: Who starts at QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorzpath
Hopefully the redskins will be winning so many games plus the superbowl, to even notice what ramsey is doing. My point: the redskins should focus on what they have instead of what they don't have - winning would acheive this, they wouldn't have to worry about him or anyone else that doesn't have an indian on their helmet.
... unless of course that "other" player is a free agent
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 04:27 PM   #73
Special Teams
 
Huddle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 352
Re: Who starts at QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH4413
hypothetically speaking: ... suppose we keep ramsey ...

If Gibbs opens his mind and let's saunders have equal influence in the decision of whom to start at QB, thus guaranteeing a fair competition then what would be the result?

My conclusion is only that our QB depth chart will be much more attractive w/ Ramsey than without.


(no particular order)
1)Brunell --------------------1) Brunell
2)Campbell ----is less then---2)Ramsey
3)Collins--------------------- 3)Campbell
I can't imagine paying two million a year to hire an OC and then not giving him the final say on who plays QB in his scheme. Joe Gibbs will have input surely but Saunders will make the call.

However, the Ramsey Bridge was burned before Saunders got here. He doesn't want to play here.
Huddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 04:35 PM   #74
Special Teams
 
Huddle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 352
Re: Who starts at QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10
Ramsey got replaced. Did he get as much of a chance to prove himself as Brunell did? No. That's because Brunell already proved himself in Jacksonville.
And, young Mark Brunell got a chance to prove himself in Jacksonville because some dumb ass in Green Bay didn't give it to him.
Huddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 04:41 PM   #75
Mr. Brightside
 
Big C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Age: 28
Posts: 4,442
Re: Who starts at QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS
I think the C in Big C stands for Comedian...he was joking, weren't you Big C?
of course, cant believe someone took me seriously!
__________________
"I don't care what nobody say I'm a be me, stay hood stay real, cause I'm out here grindin'" -Joe Gibbs
Big C is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29083 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25