Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Who starts at QB?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2006, 04:42 PM   #76
JET
Camp Scrub
 
JET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Md
Age: 41
Posts: 81
Re: Who starts at QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
Ugh, no offense man and my rant isn't directed at you specifically, but when can we finally drop this debate??

Ramsey is on his way out, his time here is done. He wasn't drafted by Gibbs, and Gibbs obviously doesn't think as highly of Ramsey as some of his fanboys do. Why do we have to keep rehashing this every other day?
The real benefit to Ramsey leaving is that Matty won't have to rant about this anymore. It'll make things much easier on the Gibbs fanboys.
JET is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-15-2006, 04:44 PM   #77
The Starter
 
#56fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Charlotte NC
Age: 40
Posts: 1,789
Re: Who starts at QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowan
Though we didn't need Ramsey on the team (he played only sparingly in blowouts the remainder of the season), that couldn't have been clear in late September, when the Jets were making overtures. Keeping Ramsey wasn't a question of Gibbs trying to screw Ramsey or anyone else, it was Gibbs trying to field the best roster he could in 2005.
I beg to differ about Ramsey. Once the season started, we DID need him. Jason Campbell was not ready to step in should Brunell have gone down and we basically had two starters to work with. I also agree with other fans on this site that believe Ramsey was given every opportunity to be the starter and he just did not do enough to make it happen. That is why the Gibbs decision was so tough to make and so contriversial.[/QUOTE]

I dont know anybody is saying we didn't need him. What I am saying is he obviously wasn't in any of the long term plans for the Redskins. What we are saying is we could have gotten a pretty good draft pick for him last year, instead of getting nothing this year. Gibbs always wants two, if not three good QBs, so keeping him was better than having a rookie as the #2, no doubt.
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 04:45 PM   #78
Mr. Brightside
 
Big C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Age: 28
Posts: 4,442
Re: Who starts at QB?

the ramsey topic is getting almost as old as the spurrier threads used to!
__________________
"I don't care what nobody say I'm a be me, stay hood stay real, cause I'm out here grindin'" -Joe Gibbs
Big C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 04:48 PM   #79
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,894
Re: Who starts at QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET
The real benefit to Ramsey leaving is that Matty won't have to rant about this anymore. It'll make things much easier on the Gibbs fanboys.
Did you just get pwned Matty?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 05:10 PM   #80
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,331
Re: Who starts at QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huddle
And, young Mark Brunell got a chance to prove himself in Jacksonville because some dumb ass in Green Bay didn't give it to him.
That statement right there is a contender for the Schneed10 smackdown of the day award.

Some dumbass in Green Bay? Um at the time, that would have been Mike Holmgren. And at the time, he let Brunell go because HE HAD BRETT FAVRE. Who only led the team to a Super Bowl victory, of all things.

Jesus H Christ. I can't believe what I'm reading. But let's go with the Green Bay comparison for a minute. If Gibbs lets Ramsey go and Ramsey gets to the conference Championship game, while the QB Gibbs chose (doesn't matter if it's Brunell or Campbell) won us a Superbowl in the next few years, wouldn't you be happy? Seems the Green Bay comparison goes right to my argument.

If Ramsey is the one that goes on and wins a Super Bowl while we spin our wheels at QB, then I can see why we'd all be way up in arms over the decision. But like Holmgren, Gibbs is letting a QB go because he thinks the other QBs he currently has can win a Super Bowl. Time will tell if it's the right decision.

But if you're placing your money on Ramsey to win that one, you're in disagreement with just about every GM in the league.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 05:12 PM   #81
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,331
Re: Who starts at QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by offiss
Farve got the buisness from atlanta as well. Brees was horrible and would have been cut if it wasen't for a holdout by Rivers in 2004.

Bottom line does anyone believe that Brunell is the answer? Good luck if you do, Brunell is NO difference maker on the field, the day we win a SB with Brunell is the same day we could win one without him.

Anyone who thinks Ramsey recieved fair treatment is only kidding themselves. Gibbs has a major bias for Brunell, if you want to say that Gibbs is on the money about Ramsey, and he is no good, fine, but who really believes that Brunell is any good? Does anyone really believe that just because Gibbs marches Brunell out on that field every sunday that he's the goods?

Im tired of hearing about Ramseys mistakes, as if Brunell didn't make the same mistakes or worse when he was on the field, the difference is Gibbs was willing to overlook Brunells mistakes, but no Ramseys.

And fianlly why is Ramsey out of here? Because Gibbs had to bribe him to keep his mouth shut last season in return for freedom from our organazation in the offseason.

Gibbs in his handling of Ramsey absolutly destroyed any value Ramsey had as if he had some kind of vendetta against the guy, now we pigeon hole ouselves with the signing of Collins, and Collins is going to be our #2 QB? That's right Todd Collins is going to be our #2 what a comforting feeling knowing how brittle Brunell is at this point in his carreer, If Campbell isn't ready to take over the starting job this season we have a problem, and Gibbs has a problem as far as his talent evaluation goes, but we will just have to wait and see, I would love for Ramsey to find a nice fit for himself. we will regreat this upcoming season when he's no longer around because I don't believe Brunell will last another season.
, SQUAWK!!!
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 05:14 PM   #82
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,894
Re: Who starts at QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by offiss
Farve got the buisness from atlanta as well. Brees was horrible and would have been cut if it wasen't for a holdout by Rivers in 2004.

Bottom line does anyone believe that Brunell is the answer? Good luck if you do, Brunell is NO difference maker on the field, the day we win a SB with Brunell is the same day we could win one without him.

Anyone who thinks Ramsey recieved fair treatment is only kidding themselves. Gibbs has a major bias for Brunell, if you want to say that Gibbs is on the money about Ramsey, and he is no good, fine, but who really believes that Brunell is any good? Does anyone really believe that just because Gibbs marches Brunell out on that field every sunday that he's the goods?

Im tired of hearing about Ramseys mistakes, as if Brunell didn't make the same mistakes or worse when he was on the field, the difference is Gibbs was willing to overlook Brunells mistakes, but no Ramseys.

And fianlly why is Ramsey out of here? Because Gibbs had to bribe him to keep his mouth shut last season in return for freedom from our organazation in the offseason.

Gibbs in his handling of Ramsey absolutly destroyed any value Ramsey had as if he had some kind of vendetta against the guy, now we pigeon hole ouselves with the signing of Collins, and Collins is going to be our #2 QB? That's right Todd Collins is going to be our #2 what a comforting feeling knowing how brittle Brunell is at this point in his carreer, If Campbell isn't ready to take over the starting job this season we have a problem, and Gibbs has a problem as far as his talent evaluation goes, but we will just have to wait and see, I would love for Ramsey to find a nice fit for himself. we will regreat this upcoming season when he's no longer around because I don't believe Brunell will last another season.
Raise your hand if you think Ramsey didn't get fair treatment is BS

Did Gibbs bribe him with Portis' steroids?

I don't know much we really regretted 2005, getting to the playoffs for the first time since 1999, finishing with a winning record...all without Ramsey. So I doubt we'll regret 2006 without him again. Of course, apparently we would have been 14-2 and world champs with Ramsey
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 05:14 PM   #83
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,331
Re: Who starts at QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by offiss
Gibbs in his handling of Ramsey absolutly destroyed any value Ramsey had as if he had some kind of vendetta against the guy, now we pigeon hole ouselves with the signing of Collins, and Collins is going to be our #2 QB? That's right Todd Collins is going to be our #2 what a comforting feeling knowing how brittle Brunell is at this point in his carreer, If Campbell isn't ready to take over the starting job this season we have a problem, and Gibbs has a problem as far as his talent evaluation goes, but we will just have to wait and see, I would love for Ramsey to find a nice fit for himself. we will regreat this upcoming season when he's no longer around because I don't believe Brunell will last another season.
I'm just messing with you, Offiss. Only because you say the same things all the time.

A serious note though. The bolded part of your post seems to assume that Campbell is total trash and isn't even ready to be the #2. I think that's a terrible assumption to make. Are you basing that on the Schefter report? Because I don't think it's accurate in the least.

You seem to be so quick to defend Ramsey, saying he didn't have a fair shot. And yet you don't seem willing to give Campbell a chance to prove himself in your mind at all. That's a true sign that you're a Ramsey homer.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 05:15 PM   #84
The Starter
 
PWNED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ZOMGZZZ!!111
Age: 22
Posts: 1,153
Re: Who starts at QB?

Brees horrible?!?!??!
__________________
143 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal.
PWNED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 05:18 PM   #85
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,022
Re: Who starts at QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by offiss
the day we win a SB with Brunell is the same day we could win one without him.
I'll take a SB win regardless of who's playing QB, hell I'd take it if you suited up and played! LOL
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 05:22 PM   #86
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,022
Re: Who starts at QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrudLee
I think that in looking for a villain in the Ramsey situation, we are forgetting the facts.

1) Gibbs gave the job, grudingly, to Ramsey after Brunell's horrible 2004 season - one that was marred by injury. Clearly he preferred Brunell's decision-making, but Ramsey's arm was measurably better than Brunell's.

2) Ramsey made several mistakes in his opening game - understandable mistakes, but mistakes nonetheless. Ramsey threw an interception on his second pass of the game, and his other two drives ended with fumbles, including the one on his injury that was recovered by Chicago. Ramsey finished 6 of 11 for 105 yards with two sacks and a 49.4 passer rating. Brunell, while not explosive, managed three scoring drives. Error-free football wins the day, and Brunell emerges the starter.

3) Trade overtures from the Jets (and other teams) at the deadline, would have left the team scrambling for a credible backup. The only other QB on the roster was Campbell, who was not ready for the job. While the offers were reportedly better than the ones we are hearing now, we would have left the franchise to a player who wasn't healthy enough to finish the previous year, with a rookie or someone off the street to replace him in case of injury.

Though we didn't need Ramsey on the team (he played only sparingly in blowouts the remainder of the season), that couldn't have been clear in late September, when the Jets were making overtures. Keeping Ramsey wasn't a question of Gibbs trying to screw Ramsey or anyone else, it was Gibbs trying to field the best roster he could in 2005.
Rational thinking is underrated, keep it up
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 05:24 PM   #87
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,022
Re: Who starts at QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET
The real benefit to Ramsey leaving is that Matty won't have to rant about this anymore. It'll make things much easier on the Gibbs fanboys.
Hell yeah I'm an unapologetic fanboy of Gibbs, but you know 3 Super Bowl wins will do that to you.

What I don't understand is what Ramsey has done to have earned such a fanboy following.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 05:25 PM   #88
Special Teams
 
Huddle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 352
Re: Who starts at QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS
Raise your hand if you think Ramsey didn't get fair treatment is BS
I mentioned this in another thread.

A poll on extremeskins, voted on by about 250 fans, showed that fans thought Ramsey had not had a fair shot as a Redskin by a margin of almost exactly 2 - 1.
Huddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 05:29 PM   #89
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,022
Re: Who starts at QB?

Well then it's over and done, if ES said it, it's gotta be true!
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 05:29 PM   #90
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,331
Re: Who starts at QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huddle
I mentioned this in another thread.

A poll on extremeskins, voted on by about 250 fans, showed that fans thought Ramsey had not had a fair shot as a Redskin by a margin of almost exactly 2 - 1.
I don't doubt that. I'd side with the 2 in that case. But it's not the important question. The question is who gives us a better shot at winning.

I'm sorry that poor Patrick's feelings got hurt and he didn't get the chance he deserved because he's such a nice guy and a hard worker; but Jimmy cracked corn and I don't care. We went 10-6 with Brunell and I'm looking forward to better with either him or Campbell.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.35758 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25