Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Where will Keyshawn go?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2006, 06:21 AM   #1
^21^
 
Luxorreb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Age: 42
Posts: 1,611
Where will Keyshawn go?

Anyone know where Keyshawn will go?
Shocked me that he was released cause his cap wasn't that high and he contributed as the top WR last season for the Cowboys. He also seemed to respect Parcells and the organization. His only outburst was on the kicker. Don't get me wrong, I don't care to have the guy in Washington, but I'm curious as to where he'll end up. Cause he maybe 34 but he's still got some football left.
As far as speculation w/ Lavar with the Giants or TO on the Cowboys I'm not scared of either.
__________________
GO SKINS!!! ^21^
Luxorreb is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-15-2006, 06:28 AM   #2
^21^
 
Luxorreb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Age: 42
Posts: 1,611
Re: Where will Keyshawn go?

Ofcourse the obvious reply is who cares...
and well I don't really, but I am curious....
__________________
GO SKINS!!! ^21^
Luxorreb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 06:35 AM   #3
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: Where will Keyshawn go?

whereever old possession receivers go to die.

he got cut to avoid paying a roster bonus. they're obviously making space for a run at TO.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 10:55 AM   #4
The Starter
 
D'BOYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,363
Re: Where will Keyshawn go?

there has been reports that the reason he got cut where to a) apperently he's contemplaying retirement , this came as a newsflash to me because I hadn't heard anything and b) do to the expansion of the Cap and seeing a lot of 3rd wr with less production B. Lloyd, Randall El to name the most come get 11 mill in signing bonus and he was only going to make 2 mill this year apperently he wanted a raise and has the numbers to ask for it.

so know that's what he was drop there's a lot of unsertenty about TO if he's going to sign with Dallas if he doesn't I can see KJ comming back he I can see him comming back even if TO signs just like Bruce came back to STL after he was released.
D'BOYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 10:57 AM   #5
The Starter
 
PWNED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ZOMGZZZ!!111
Age: 22
Posts: 1,153
Re: Where will Keyshawn go?

dboyz, being a cowboys fan, what is your opinion on the boys going after TO? talk about oil and water with parcells and TO.
__________________
143 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal.
PWNED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 11:02 AM   #6
Camp Scrub
 
aussieskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bundaberg Queensland Australia
Posts: 4
Re: Where will Keyshawn go?

I really dont care, but if goes to a team we play next year, so we can hurt him that would be good
aussieskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 11:14 AM   #7
The Starter
 
PSUSkinsFan21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Age: 38
Posts: 1,340
Re: Where will Keyshawn go?

Eagles are desparate for a WR.
__________________
"Hail to the Redskins!" and "Fight on State!"
PSUSkinsFan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 11:20 AM   #8
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: Where will Keyshawn go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'BOYZ
there has been reports that the reason he got cut where to a) apperently he's contemplaying retirement , this came as a newsflash to me because I hadn't heard anything and b) do to the expansion of the Cap and seeing a lot of 3rd wr with less production B. Lloyd, Randall El to name the most come get 11 mill in signing bonus and he was only going to make 2 mill this year apperently he wanted a raise and has the numbers to ask for it.

so know that's what he was drop there's a lot of unsertenty about TO if he's going to sign with Dallas if he doesn't I can see KJ comming back he I can see him comming back even if TO signs just like Bruce came back to STL after he was released.
I heard that too. KJ said he wanted a raise and he'd sit out if he didn't get it (and parcells, knowing KJ, believed him). So now he can try to find a better deal, and if he can't get his price, he can limp back to dallas for cheap (probably) regardless of TO. He's an aging a-hole, but still a good possession receiver.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 11:26 AM   #9
The Starter
 
PWNED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ZOMGZZZ!!111
Age: 22
Posts: 1,153
Re: Where will Keyshawn go?

yeah, this is why i disagree about kj being a class act.
__________________
143 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal.
PWNED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 12:00 PM   #10
The Starter
 
jbcjr14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Austin, Texas
Age: 44
Posts: 2,014
Re: Where will Keyshawn go?

I think he goes to either Philly or Atlanta.
__________________
"Work Harder: millions on welfare are counting on you" - Obama 2009 address to Congress.
jbcjr14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 12:08 PM   #11
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,022
Re: Where will Keyshawn go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUSkinsFan21
Eagles are desparate for a WR.
After the TO disaster I don't think they would be too eager to sign someone like KJ.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 12:12 PM   #12
The Starter
 
D'BOYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,363
Re: Where will Keyshawn go?

Ok there where 3 comments I wanted to respond here we go:

Quote:
Originally Posted by THAT GUY
I heard that too. KJ said he wanted a raise and he'd sit out if he didn't get it (and parcells, knowing KJ, believed him). So now he can try to find a better deal, and if he can't get his price, he can limp back to dallas for cheap (probably) regardless of TO. He's an aging a-hole, but still a good possession receiver.
Well we all can agree that he outplayed his 4 year contract he had 2 great #1 receiver numbers (not pro bowl numbers) he's getting old is not like he can play 2 more years with his current contract and then hope to sign a 5 year deal he would be 36 by then so he wanted a raise, he deserves it 2 he has done everything the organization has ask him to do and more.

2004 981 yards 6td
2005 839 yards 6td

and again he sees all this #2 #3 receiver getting 11+ million signing bonuses and 3 -4 mill base salaries and the yhaven't done as much as he so he says hey I deserve a raise.... even terry glenn is asking for a raise.

2006 salary for KJ (real money if he had signed the roster bonus) 1.5mill

Brandoy Lloyd

2004 565 yards 6TD
2005 733 yards 5td 2006 salary (real money) 10 mill aprox

Antwaan Randle El

2004 601 yards 3TD
2005 558 yards 1TD 2006 salary (real Money) 12 mill aprox.

David Givens
2004 874 yards 3td
2005 738 yards 2td 2006 salary (real money) 9.5 mill aprox

Isaac Bruce
2004 1292 yards 6td
2005 525 yards 3td 2006 salary (real money) 7.3 mill aprox

yes im counting signing bonuses but hey thats almost all the gurenteed money a player gets in their contracts even if he only plays 1 year.

The way KJ sees it this is the last time he can get a big signing bonus and still produce.


Quote:
Originally Posted by PWNED
yeah, this is why i disagree about kj being a class act..
I answer it above and I talk about the class act comment in the other thread

(Cowboys Release Keyshawn, in Hunt for TO?)Cowboys Release Keyshawn, in Hunt for TO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWNED
dboyz, being a cowboys fan, what is your opinion on the boys going after TO? talk about oil and water with parcells and TO.
look I'm really undecided about this 1 I didn't thought we needed him when we had KJ and Glenn I tought if we could get another wr young with talent that can seat maybe a year ( have catches but not be a #1 or #2) it would be fine.

Right now without KJ it's not a matter of If I like it I see it happenning, I don't mind his talent I don't think nobody does the question is his attitude maybe if it is for 1 year it won't hurth that much... the reason also that I'm undecided it's because a lot of his teamates support him the problems he had was with the organization and Mcnabb, even Portis supports him.

So I don't know how he is in the locker room because a lot of temates wanted him back in philly but for a 3 -5 year contract I can see it bitting it in our ass.
D'BOYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 12:14 PM   #13
The Starter
 
PWNED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ZOMGZZZ!!111
Age: 22
Posts: 1,153
Re: Where will Keyshawn go?

do you see the cowboys in position for a super bowl run though next year? thats what TO is all about.

KJ though should know that this is the changing market and you cant always get a contract change when you want one, its supply and demand, inflation, etc. thats why im glad TOs contract didnt get restructured last year because that would open one hell of a pandoras box.
__________________
143 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal.
PWNED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 12:15 PM   #14
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: Where will Keyshawn go?

lloyd and El got more money because they could be better than a guy like KJ in the future and because they're younger.

I don't disagree that KJ outplayed his contract, but that's part of why the money i different. KJ alsso blocked etc which some guys don't feel like doing.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 12:31 PM   #15
The Starter
 
D'BOYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,363
Re: Where will Keyshawn go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWNED
do you see the cowboys in position for a super bowl run though next year? thats what TO is all about.

KJ though should know that this is the changing market and you cant always get a contract change when you want one, its supply and demand, inflation, etc. thats why im glad TOs contract didnt get restructured last year because that would open one hell of a pandoras box.
I don't se the KJ situation as a TO remember.. TO had only played 1 year and was making like 7 mill KJ played 2 years had 2 years left with little money for a #1 - #2 receiver and time isn't on his side.... I see it more like Isaac Bruce thing that's why I put him there also is go test the market let see how much they offer you if we can match it we'll love to have you back kind of thing he wants like 4avrg in mi point of view.

Now I really thing we are in position for a superbowl, if we fix our Oline, Kicker and Safety problems and now wr problems, I really belive we have what it takes last year our Oline let us down kept us close in the game and gave the games aways but we had a team that played hard with everyone (excluding the second game against you guys) but if you see the playoffs teams and division finals.... Carolina, beat them held Smith to 1 catch.... Seattle lost in the final minute dumb but only team that held alexander to less then 70 and no tds(im not counting the Phi game because he had 4 tds in the first half didnt play the second)... denver played hard that game was anyones game should had won it but lost it because of our freaking kickers missing 2 fgs.

So I thing we have a team that can make a run but right now I see every team in our division as contenders at least playoffs I don't see NY as a SB contender but a Playoff contender yeah.

Right now the best teams in the NFC in my book are Dallas, Was, Phi, NYG, Seattle, Car, and if I have to put 1 of the central Ill go for Chi another team that seems that could present some problems is Arizona.
D'BOYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.45984 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25