Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Team Looking at OL Jonathan Goodwin, LB Keith Adams

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2006, 01:15 AM   #1
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Team Looking at OL Jonathan Goodwin, LB Keith Adams

Well, it looks like the Redskins are looking at Jets FA offensive lineman Jonathan Goodwin for depth and Eagles FA linebacker Keith Adams. I know a little bit about Keith Adams, he's a small, fast, blue-collar, special-teams standout, depth-type linebacker. But, I don't know a thing about Goodwin (other than what's in the article).

If anyone can shed some light on these guys, I'd be grateful.

Team Will Take a Look at Goodwin Next Week
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-17-2006, 01:19 AM   #2
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: Team Looking at OL Jonathan Goodwin, LB Keith Adams

Here's ESPN's take on Adams:

Full Name: Keith A Adams
Born: November 22, 1979
Atlanta, GA
Height: 5-11
Weight: 223 lbs. Age: 26
Pos: LB
Experience: 5 years
College: Clemson
Drafted: Year:2001 Round:7 Pick:32, Titans
Overall Grade: 69 (Adequate Starter)

Adams is an undersize OLB who plays a lot bigger than his size. He has exceptional athletic ability, quickness and change of direction skills. He is a downhill linebacker who has a great motor and has the speed to make plays from sideline to sideline. He has improved his ability to hold up at the point of attack vs the run. He was physical against the isolation plays and did a good job stuffing blockers when teams ran at him. He takes good angles to the ball and did a good job of slipping blocks and avoiding the traffic. He has good football instincts and recognition skills. He is a very good player in space, has excellent range and is around the ball. He has the speed and quickness to cover the elite running back out of the backfield man-to-man. He gets good depth on his zone drops. He is an excellent special team's player who throws his body around and plays with reckless abandon on the cover teams. The only problem with Adams is his lack of bulk. If he does not beat the blocker, he'll get overpower at the point of attack and get engulfed by bigger offensive lineman. He sometimes doesn't play under control and will over run plays. Overall, Adams is a young player who has a lot of experience for his age. He has elevated his game to be an adequate starter. He has improved his overall cover skills and has become a more physical player in the run game. He is a good football player with a lot of upside. He is the type of player that you are glad is on your team.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 01:21 AM   #3
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: Team Looking at OL Jonathan Goodwin, LB Keith Adams

Here's ESPN's take on Goodwin.

Full Name: Jonathan Scott Goodwin
Born: December 2, 1978
Columbia, SC
Height: 6-3
Weight: 318 lbs. Age: 27
Pos: OG
Experience: 4 years
College: Michigan
Drafted: Year:2002 Round:5 Pick:19, Jets
Overall Grade: 68 (Adequate Starter)

Goodwin has very good size and is valuable because of his versatility; he's capable of playing all the positions on the offensive line. He is best suited to play guard or center. He has good long arms, a decent punch coming off the ball and gets good separation from a defender. He takes a good first step and takes good angles to his blocks. He has decent strength, but he is not a dominant blocker at the point of attack. He shows the ability to mirror and slide with a defender and has the agility to be able to pull on traps and to lead the toss play. He gets into position to make a play, but he is inconsistent with his hand placement and is more of a waist bender who gets overextended at times. He has a narrow base on pulls and has a tough time adjusting to the moving target. He shows he can get to the second level, but he is ineffective in sustaining blocks on a moving target. He lacks the strength to get a lot of movement on the line of scrimmage in the run game and gets knocked back by a strong bull rush. He has difficulty resetting his feet once he commits and is vulnerable to a counter move in pass protection. Overall, he plays with good intelligence and can provide backup help in several positions. He needs to become more consistent in his technique and work harder to finish his blocks.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 01:27 AM   #4
Camp Scrub
 
j_j__l's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Italy
Age: 37
Posts: 72
Cool Re: Team Looking at OL Jonathan Goodwin, LB Keith Adams

I know WP says we are looking at Adams at LB...but what do you guys think about us picking up Boulware on a 1/2 yr deal and drafting LB in the 4th for depth and see if McCune can earn MLB/WLB over Marshall or Peter..and have Marshall as our starter at WLB and Peter as our 3rd down Rusher if McCune wins a starting job.....ANY THOUGHTS?????
__________________
World wide traveling SKINS FAN
j_j__l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 01:30 AM   #5
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: Team Looking at OL Jonathan Goodwin, LB Keith Adams

"Gibbs said the team is not in the market for a kicker or punter, with veteran kicker John Hall recovered from another injury-plagued season and young punter Derrick Frost showing enough promise to remain in Washington. Gibbs said Frost may handle kickoff duties to relieve the strain on Hall's leg. . . . Former Redskins safety Matt Bowen, cut last week, signed with Buffalo."

with the lack of even talking to anyone i figured this would be the case a few days ago it sucks that its true though. frost is awful.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 01:36 AM   #6
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: Team Looking at OL Jonathan Goodwin, LB Keith Adams

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_j__l
I know WP says we are looking at Adams at LB...but what do you guys think about us picking up Boulware on a 1/2 yr deal and drafting LB in the 4th for depth and see if McCune can earn MLB/WLB over Marshall or Peter..and have Marshall as our starter at WLB and Peter as our 3rd down Rusher if McCune wins a starting job.....ANY THOUGHTS?????
no thanks. boulware had 7 great years (averaging 10 sacks a year), then he hit the wall. he had no 2004 season and got a grand total of 15 tackles last year. He's a retread and he's old.

if lindsey thought he had someone on the roster, we wouldn't be looking. he's the guy that convinced the staff that lemar would be fine in the middle last year.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 01:41 AM   #7
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: Team Looking at OL Jonathan Goodwin, LB Keith Adams

so far i've seen us linked to jeff mitchell (good C, can play guard, 31), lewis (young giants backup G that played last year, re-signed already) and goodwin (26).

at LB i've heard cowhart, adams, ayodele (signed w/ roids), peterson (not a serious offer)...

no news on ANY CBs though. maybe thats the draft position now.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 01:43 AM   #8
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: Team Looking at OL Jonathan Goodwin, LB Keith Adams

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
no news on ANY CBs though. maybe thats the draft position now.
Yeah, that kind of surprises me. I really thought we'd go for a TE in the draft. With Cooley and Fauria, maybe we're not looking at drafting a TE. I have no clue what DBs were looking hard at.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 01:52 AM   #9
Camp Scrub
 
j_j__l's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Italy
Age: 37
Posts: 72
Re: Team Looking at OL Jonathan Goodwin, LB Keith Adams

I saw one one link that we have looked at I.Taylor CB form Pit...but he would cost a 1st rounder...I think we are going to look at the draft for LB/CB with our 2nd rounder.
__________________
World wide traveling SKINS FAN
j_j__l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 01:54 AM   #10
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: Team Looking at OL Jonathan Goodwin, LB Keith Adams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Yeah, that kind of surprises me. I really thought we'd go for a TE in the draft. With Cooley and Fauria, maybe we're not looking at drafting a TE. I have no clue what DBs were looking hard at.
once we traded our #3 pick the TE draft option was gone. we had other needs (and since TEs are CHEAP in FA) their was no way we'd spend the pick that way (i would have loved pope or klop though).

Ideally we get 1 LB, 1 OL, and 1 CB in FA and use the pick on another OL guy. #3 CBs are cheaper than backup OL or LBs in free angency, but maybe they want a #2 or someone undervalued has really stuck out on their board.

also, unless the guy is a monster LG (which either spencer or joseph will be available), there's little chance of him starting right away. at LB the guy could start opening day or the CB could immediately be the #3, get a ton of playing time, and replace springs in a couple years.

so the arguement is one of wanting a quality backup thats hard to get in FA (OL) that isn't going to play much (hopefully), or getting a guy that's actually penciled in for major playing time right away.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 02:33 AM   #11
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: Team Looking at OL Jonathan Goodwin, LB Keith Adams

alright, on madden adams is an 81 OVR (with low STR) and goodwin is terrible (69, with no althletic ability (AGI, ACC, SPD)).

and that's what really counts.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 04:20 AM   #12
Special Teams
 
shallyshal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 336
Re: Team Looking at OL Jonathan Goodwin, LB Keith Adams

we were linked with fletcher and dyson briefly ....
shallyshal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 05:53 AM   #13
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: Team Looking at OL Jonathan Goodwin, LB Keith Adams

Quote:
Originally Posted by shallyshal
we were linked with fletcher and dyson briefly ....
really? do you have a link to that?

dyson seems like the best available, but there's gotta be a reason teams have been avoiding him.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 07:17 AM   #14
Camp Scrub
 
j_j__l's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Italy
Age: 37
Posts: 72
Re: Team Looking at OL Jonathan Goodwin, LB Keith Adams

Fletcher was on SI.com's rumor board a couple of days ago.
__________________
World wide traveling SKINS FAN
j_j__l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 10:27 AM   #15
The Starter
 
RedskinPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Camino,Ca
Posts: 1,174
Re: Team Looking at OL Jonathan Goodwin, LB Keith Adams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Here's ESPN's take on Goodwin.

Full Name: Jonathan Scott Goodwin
Born: December 2, 1978
Columbia, SC
Height: 6-3
Weight: 318 lbs. Age: 27
Pos: OG
Experience: 4 years
College: Michigan
Drafted: Year:2002 Round:5 Pick:19, Jets
Overall Grade: 68 (Adequate Starter)

Goodwin has very good size and is valuable because of his versatility; he's capable of playing all the positions on the offensive line. He is best suited to play guard or center. He has good long arms, a decent punch coming off the ball and gets good separation from a defender. He takes a good first step and takes good angles to his blocks. He has decent strength, but he is not a dominant blocker at the point of attack. He shows the ability to mirror and slide with a defender and has the agility to be able to pull on traps and to lead the toss play. He gets into position to make a play, but he is inconsistent with his hand placement and is more of a waist bender who gets overextended at times. He has a narrow base on pulls and has a tough time adjusting to the moving target. He shows he can get to the second level, but he is ineffective in sustaining blocks on a moving target. He lacks the strength to get a lot of movement on the line of scrimmage in the run game and gets knocked back by a strong bull rush. He has difficulty resetting his feet once he commits and is vulnerable to a counter move in pass protection. Overall, he plays with good intelligence and can provide backup help in several positions. He needs to become more consistent in his technique and work harder to finish his blocks.
He sounds like a OL man that we could use and with some work with our coaches move to the next leve!l
RedskinPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30697 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25