Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


CB News?!?!

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2006, 07:51 AM   #1
Impact Rookie
 
theJBexperience's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Boone, NC
Posts: 579
CB Search

I know the Skins have been looking for a nice nickel CB and eventual replacement for Shawn Springs. What's the latest on that?

I would love to get Ike Taylor. I know we were interested in him but wouldn't we have to give up a first round pick for him? How about Andre Dyson? I haven't really heard anything about him?
theJBexperience is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-19-2006, 08:47 AM   #2
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,247
Re: CB Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by theJBexperience
I know the Skins have been looking for a nice nickel CB and eventual replacement for Shawn Springs. What's the latest on that?

I would love to get Ike Taylor. I know we were interested in him but wouldn't we have to give up a first round pick for him? How about Andre Dyson? I haven't really heard anything about him?
i think ike re-signed. he's not a very good corner and definately not worth a 1st (or in our case 2nd) round pick.

i haven't heard them even looking at dbs, though one guy said dyson was mentioned in connection to the skins.

as far as OL, we've contacted a NY OG (lewis, re-signed with giants), Jeff mitchell (panthers C/G, no contract offered yet), and a jets backup (adams?).
jacox (saints) and R wells (cards) are also decent guys on the market.

for LB, someone said we were mentioned in connection with L fletcher, and i've seen reports of actually talking to cowhart (ILB vikes), one of the eagles starting OLBs (i think), and the team talked to peterson, though made it clear they weren't going to pursue him. guys like brandon short (panthers) are also on the market.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 08:49 AM   #3
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,247
Re: CB News?!?!

maybe like the kicking situation, they feel good with ade in the #3 spot and the cast of scrubs in the #4 and #5 spots.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 09:52 AM   #4
Special Teams
 
Sociofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Gainesville, VA
Age: 49
Posts: 380
Re: CB Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
i think ike re-signed. he's not a very good corner and definately not worth a 1st (or in our case 2nd) round pick.

i haven't heard them even looking at dbs, though one guy said dyson was mentioned in connection to the skins.

as far as OL, we've contacted a NY OG (lewis, re-signed with giants), Jeff mitchell (panthers C/G, no contract offered yet), and a jets backup (adams?).
jacox (saints) and R wells (cards) are also decent guys on the market.

for LB, someone said we were mentioned in connection with L fletcher, and i've seen reports of actually talking to cowhart (ILB vikes), one of the eagles starting OLBs (i think), and the team talked to peterson, though made it clear they weren't going to pursue him. guys like brandon short (panthers) are also on the market.
Taylor sucks?

The guy had like 112 tackles, a safety, two picks and 26 passes defensed last season. And that was from a cornerback! Not a safety.

I'm sure he benefited from Polamalu playing centerfield, but I'd take Ike Taylor as a Skin.

I agree that he might not be worth a first rounder, but he is starting material.
Sociofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 10:26 AM   #5
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,247
Re: CB Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sociofan
Taylor sucks?

The guy had like 112 tackles, a safety, two picks and 26 passes defensed last season. And that was from a cornerback! Not a safety.

I'm sure he benefited from Polamalu playing centerfield, but I'd take Ike Taylor as a Skin.

I agree that he might not be worth a first rounder, but he is starting material.
damn, i guess i mistook him for their other corner. he only had 91 tackles though and 23PDs an 1 int. (nfl.com)

that might be worthwhile then, though i still remember the steelers getting burned a bit. maybe it was just everyone else.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 04:50 PM   #6
Special Teams
 
Master4Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: DC area
Posts: 374
Re: CB News?!?!

Hmmm. With Owens in Dallas, this topic becomes a bit more important. Hope the starting corners stay healthy. Don't think there will be a lot of help through the draft.

Wonder if #28 would come out of retirement to play dime back.
Master4Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 07:37 PM   #7
Impact Rookie
 
theJBexperience's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Boone, NC
Posts: 579
Re: CB News?!?!

I think it should be a big priority. Springs probably won't make it through the whole season unfortunately. I'd like Dyson because he might be a good pickup for the future when Springs is done.
theJBexperience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 05:29 AM   #8
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,247
Re: CB News?!?!

talent wise, dyson is the best price/performance wise (we're not signing ty law to be our #3 ), he also has had injury problems, but i'd still take a flyer on him.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.20347 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25