Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


2006 Free Agent Cornerbacks

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2006, 09:32 AM   #1
Camp Scrub
 
CooleyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Springfield, Va
Posts: 28
Smile 2006 Free Agent Cornerbacks

Andre' Goodman
Brian Williams
Chad Scott
Charles Woodson
Chris Johnson
Corey Ivy
Dale Carter
Dante Wesley
Deion Sanders
DeJuan Groce
DeShea Townsend
DeWayne Washington
Fakhir Brown
Frank Walker
Hank Poteat
Ike Taylor
Jamar Fletcher
Jason Bell
Jerry Azumah
Jimmy Williams
Juran Bolden
Kenny Wright
Kevin House
Kevin Thomas
Kiwaukee Thomas
Leigh Bodden
Nate Clements
R.W. McQuarters
Ralph Brown
Ray Mickens
Raymond Walls
Reggie Myles
Reynaldo Hill
Ricky Manning
Robert Tate
Roderick Hood
Terry Cousin
Terry Fair
Tony Beckham
Torrie Cox
Will Allen
Willie Middlebrooks



HMMM Jerry Azumah, R.W. McQuarters, Will Allen, Roderick Hood, DeShea Townsend, and Ike Taylor? Those are pretty solid. More solid than Walt Harris, or ol' dumbass #25. What do you all think?
__________________
"I want to give George Steinbrenner fellatio!" - D. Snyder
CooleyFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-22-2006, 09:56 AM   #2
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: 2006 Free Agent Cornerbacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooleyFan
HMMM Jerry Azumah, R.W. McQuarters, Will Allen, Roderick Hood, DeShea Townsend, and Ike Taylor? Those are pretty solid. More solid than Walt Harris, or ol' dumbass #25. What do you all think?
McQuarters and allen and townsend are all signed already. azumah might be too, and ike taylor isn't happening (the steelers wont let him go).

andre dyson is the best value.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 10:56 AM   #3
What will Shanny do this offseason?
 
diehardskin2982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,325
Re: 2006 Free Agent Cornerbacks

I said in another post that I know it ain't gonna happen, but I would love to see Woodson or Law in the mix.
__________________
That got ugly fast
diehardskin2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 10:58 AM   #4
The Starter
 
RedskinPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Camino,Ca
Posts: 1,174
Re: 2006 Free Agent Cornerbacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982
I said in another post that I know it ain't gonna happen, but I would love to see Woodson or Law in the mix.
We can wish! Love to see Woodson!
RedskinPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 11:16 AM   #5
Special Teams
 
amorentz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 34
Posts: 368
Re: 2006 Free Agent Cornerbacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXoffender
Will Allen should come cheap.
Signed with the Dolphins last week...
amorentz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 12:06 PM   #6
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: 2006 Free Agent Cornerbacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinPete
We can wish! Love to see Woodson!
he's missed 13 games in 2 years and wants too much money.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 12:08 PM   #7
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: 2006 Free Agent Cornerbacks

how old is that list, i already see about 8 guys that are signed on it, and it didn't mention who's franchise tagged and restricted on that list.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 02:59 PM   #8
Special Teams
 
jordanz301's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: damascus, maryland
Age: 26
Posts: 161
Re: 2006 Free Agent Cornerbacks

nate clements or roderick hood really cheap good nickel corner...especially clements
__________________
"meet sean taylor"
jordanz301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 03:21 PM   #9
Camp Scrub
 
onebum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: The cheap seats, though I always have plans to move to a luxury booth.
Age: 34
Posts: 57
Re: 2006 Free Agent Cornerbacks

jordZ, i agree completely about clements...he could be VERY GOOD for us in my opinion.

I don't want Ty Law or Woodson. Big names, but we don't need either.

Woodson is a top CB, but we don't need a number 1, and we really don't need to pay for a number 1, lol. Springs is solid, and Rodgers should be one of the better number 2 corners starting this year.

Law picks up more penalties than anything these days, and I don't really see a need for him. He'd be 3, and he isn't the type of player to be the nickel. I'd rather see a young guy that can be a 3 now, and grow to be a solid starter in a few years.

How bout the draft? There are plenty of prospects that will be available to us. They won't be ready to start right away, but we don't need someone to come in and be our number one as a rook.

Just my thoughts on our corner situation...as for our deep secondary, the Safties...well, I think our starting two will get by. Considering our starting two hit like linebackers, run like corners, and they make the Boogie Man look under his bed at night, well, i think we are ok in the safety area.
__________________
Da Bum
onebum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 03:46 PM   #10
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: 2006 Free Agent Cornerbacks

come on guys (and possibly, gal).

clements aint coming here either, he's franchised and not being released. he's also a #1 CB. no #1 CB is going to come here to play nickel, especially when franchised.

how about an updated list that clearly shows who's franchised and restricted (and the compensation that'd be owed) and that doesn't list 12 guys that aren't even free agents anymore.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 03:55 PM   #11
Camp Scrub
 
onebum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: The cheap seats, though I always have plans to move to a luxury booth.
Age: 34
Posts: 57
Re: 2006 Free Agent Cornerbacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
come on guys (and possibly, gal).

clements aint coming here either, he's franchised and not being released. he's also a #1 CB. no #1 CB is going to come here to play nickel, especially when franchised.

how about an updated list that clearly shows who's franchised and restricted (and the compensation that'd be owed) and that doesn't list 12 guys that aren't even free agents anymore.

sorry, I wasn't aware Clements is tagged. As for the other thing, I don't think he's a #1 corner. There's been plenty of hype around him, but I didn't think he was that good...of course hype means money, so regaurless of skill he'll be getting #1 money.

So, basically, you are correct and I agree, because even if he isn't a #1 talent, he'll get #1 money, and we don't need to pay big for a CB we don't need, we need to pay low for future ability and promise that can fill depth needs right now.
__________________
Da Bum
onebum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 04:14 PM   #12
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: 2006 Free Agent Cornerbacks

Code:
Player		FA Type	Ht.	Wt.	Exp.	2005 Team
Ty Law			Releasd	5-11	200	11	NY Jets	
Charles Woodson		UFA	6-1	200	8	Raiders	
Nate Clements		UFA	6-0	209	5	Bills	
Ike Taylor		RFA	6-1	191	3	Steelers	
Deion Sanders		UFA	6-1	198	14	Ravens	

DeJuan Groce		RFA	5-10	192	3	Rams	
Roderick Hood		RFA	5-11	196	3	Eagles	
Chris Johnson		RFA	5-11	198	3	Rams	
Dyshod Carter		RFA	5-10	194	3	Cardinals	
Ricky Manning Jr.	RFA	5-8	185	3	Panthers	
Donald Strickland	RFA	5-10	187	3	Colts	
Frank Walker		RFA	5-10	198	3	NY Giants	
Lamont Brightful	RFA	5-10	160	4	NY Giants	

Jerry Azumah		UFA	5-10	192	7	Bears	
Rashad Bauman		UFA	5-8	184	4	Bengals	
Tony Beckham		UFA	6-1	195	4	Titans	
Ralph Brown		UFA	5-10	185	5	Vikings	
Chris Cash		UFA	5-10	185	4	Falcons	
Terry Fair		UFA	5-10	191	8	Rams	
Jamar Fletcher		UFA	5-10	186	5	Chargers	
Ken Irvin		UFA	5-11	186	11	Vikings	
Corey Ivy		UFA	5-9	188	4	Rams	
Ray Mickens		UFA	5-8	180	10	Browns	
Willie Middlebrooks	UFA	6-1	200	5	Broncos	
Hank Poteat		UFA	5-10	192	4	Patriots	
Chad Scott		UFA	6-1	202	9	Patriots	
Kiwaukee Thomas		UFA	5-11	192	6	Dolphins	
Lenny Walls		UFA	6-4	195	4	Broncos	
Raymond Walls		UFA	5-10	189	5	Cardinals	
Dewayne Washington	UFA	5-11	195	12	Chiefs	
Kenny Wright		UFA	6-1	207	7	Jaguars	

Ahmed Plummer		Releasd	5-11	191	6	49ers	
Reggie Howard		Releasd	6-0	185	6	Dolphins	
Michael Lehan		Releasd	6-0	190	3	Browns	
Dexter McCleon		Releasd	5-10	195	9	Chiefs	
Duane Starks		Releasd	5-10	174	8	Patriots	
Denard Walker		Releasd	6-1	190	9	Raiders	
Eric Warfield		Releasd	6-0	200	8	Chiefs	
Willie Williams		Releasd	5-9	194	13	Steelers	
Andre Dyson		Releasd	5-10	183	5	Seahawks
here's a better list from ESPN's free agency tracker, but its still flawed, a few of these guys may already be signed, the RFA rounds aren't shown and clements should be listed as a FFA. If anyone wants to do some homework i can update this so its not wrong.

the first group is clear #1s and guys that'd cost too much to get... and deion.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 04:16 PM   #13
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: 2006 Free Agent Cornerbacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebum
sorry, I wasn't aware Clements is tagged. As for the other thing, I don't think he's a #1 corner. There's been plenty of hype around him, but I didn't think he was that good...of course hype means money, so regaurless of skill he'll be getting #1 money.

So, basically, you are correct and I agree, because even if he isn't a #1 talent, he'll get #1 money, and we don't need to pay big for a CB we don't need, we need to pay low for future ability and promise that can fill depth needs right now.
he'd be #1 on at least 5 teams, therefore he's a #1 corner. he had 99 tackles, 2 ints and 11 PD last year.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 04:48 PM   #14
Camp Scrub
 
onebum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: The cheap seats, though I always have plans to move to a luxury booth.
Age: 34
Posts: 57
Re: 2006 Free Agent Cornerbacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
he'd be #1 on at least 5 teams, therefore he's a #1 corner. he had 99 tackles, 2 ints and 11 PD last year.

ok i guess, but I said that I don't think he's a number 1 corner.

His stats and your 5 teams doesn't change my opinion. I don't think he takes away his part of the field, I don't think he is on the top shelf of CBs, and I don't think he's a top CB. U may think so, no big deal that we disagree on this.

I don't think he's a #1 corner because I don't think he's a number 1 corner. A statline and your 5 teams doesn't mean I think he's a top CB, so my opinion remains.
---
I'm not going to debate this anymore, not because i'm irratated or anything, I'm just not going to debate a non-skins player and if i think he's a top CB. You are speaking in certainty as if there is a list with no question, and I'm speaking of my opinion...this started with my opinion. Apparently my opinion is wrong because of his stats and your 5 teams, but it remains my opinion. Therefore I don't think he's a top CB.
__________________
Da Bum
onebum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 05:03 PM   #15
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: 2006 Free Agent Cornerbacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebum
ok i guess, but I said that I don't think he's a number 1 corner.

His stats and your 5 teams doesn't change my opinion. I don't think he takes away his part of the field, I don't think he is on the top shelf of CBs, and I don't think he's a top CB. U may think so, no big deal that we disagree on this.

I don't think he's a #1 corner because I don't think he's a number 1 corner. A statline and your 5 teams doesn't mean I think he's a top CB, so my opinion remains.
---
I'm not going to debate this anymore, not because i'm irratated or anything, I'm just not going to debate a non-skins player and if i think he's a top CB. You are speaking in certainty as if there is a list with no question, and I'm speaking of my opinion...this started with my opinion. Apparently my opinion is wrong because of his stats and your 5 teams, but it remains my opinion. Therefore I don't think he's a top CB.
so a guy that is the #1 corner on his team and would be #1 for at least 5-10 other teams isn't a #1 corner (even when in fact he really is)?

I speak with certainty because when you look at the bills depth chart, he's their #1 corner. you may not think he's a shutdown corner, but how many of those really exit in the league? maybe 5? being elite and being top 32 are two different things, but i'd like to see you're list where he ranks #33 or below in NFL CBs.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.67383 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25