Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


latest on LaVar

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2006, 09:06 AM   #16
Camp Scrub
 
drewmarusak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 21
Re: latest on LaVar

I hope he stays in the NFC East and we beat him twice a year for the rest of his career.
You are either with me or against me. He's gone, so he's against me. He just wants to get paid. I loved him when he was here, but he's gone now. Bye LaVar. You've peaked with your career. All he cares about is the money. For the first time in his career he was apart of something that won and the spotlight was off him as a superstar. A superstar that only cared about himself and not the team. That's why he wanted out of that defense. It revolved around a team concept that wasn't for him. Let him run around the field aimlessly somewhere else! Go pout somewhere else. The destraction is gone! I mean seriously, who would go into the playoffs talking about his lack of playing time. Someone who does not put the best interest of the team in front of him. Hooray for his departure! Gibbs/Williams want team players and he can't play for guys like that.
drewmarusak is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-23-2006, 09:20 AM   #17
The Starter
 
#56fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Charlotte NC
Age: 39
Posts: 1,788
Re: latest on LaVar

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmarusak
I hope he stays in the NFC East and we beat him twice a year for the rest of his career.
You are either with me or against me. He's gone, so he's against me. He just wants to get paid. I loved him when he was here, but he's gone now. Bye LaVar. You've peaked with your career. All he cares about is the money. For the first time in his career he was apart of something that won and the spotlight was off him as a superstar. A superstar that only cared about himself and not the team. That's why he wanted out of that defense. It revolved around a team concept that wasn't for him. Let him run around the field aimlessly somewhere else! Go pout somewhere else. The destraction is gone! I mean seriously, who would go into the playoffs talking about his lack of playing time. Someone who does not put the best interest of the team in front of him. Hooray for his departure! Gibbs/Williams want team players and he can't play for guys like that.

I think you may want to get some of your facts straight before sounding off. 1st off, money is not and was not an issue with LaVar. As you remember he dropped the 6.5 million dollar contract mishap, saying he was happy here and didn't want to ruin the relationship with the organization and more importantly the fans. 2nd, he forfeited 4 million dollars to get out of a situation he thought was going to be more detrimental to him and team. He saved the Redskins 4 million dollars on the cap, so they could address needs at other positions. He walked out of Washington with some pride, and looked good doing it. All the other stuff about playing out of the system, needing spotlight, playing time, we shall see. The one who started that out the system rumor is pushing to sign him(Lewis) and the other D-cord he worked for is trying to get him in Miami, plus Marty in San Diego wants him. So if all this out the system crap was true, and he was washed up, would these former coaches be pushing to sign him. Even a strict, by the book guy like coughlin, think not! We will see what kind of player he is going to be, I have no clue, but I would bet barring injury he will be back to his probowl self. He has lost almost 20 lbs since the season ended and has done nothing but work out. and he has a lot of motivation to prove alot of people wrong.
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 09:25 AM   #18
Playmaker
 
cpayne5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,807
Re: latest on LaVar

Quote:
Originally Posted by #56fanatic
I think you may want to get some of your facts straight before sounding off. 1st off, money is not and was not an issue with LaVar. As you remember he dropped the 6.5 million dollar contract mishap, saying he was happy here and didn't want to ruin the relationship with the organization and more importantly the fans. 2nd, he forfeited 4 million dollars to get out of a situation he thought was going to be more detrimental to him and team. He saved the Redskins 4 million dollars on the cap, so they could address needs at other positions. He walked out of Washington with some pride, and looked good doing it. All the other stuff about playing out of the system, needing spotlight, playing time, we shall see. The one who started that out the system rumor is pushing to sign him(Lewis) and the other D-cord he worked for is trying to get him in Miami, plus Marty in San Diego wants him. So if all this out the system crap was true, and he was washed up, would these former coaches be pushing to sign him. Even a strict, by the book guy like coughlin, think not! We will see what kind of player he is going to be, I have no clue, but I would bet barring injury he will be back to his probowl self. He has lost almost 20 lbs since the season ended and has done nothing but work out. and he has a lot of motivation to prove alot of people wrong.
Superfanatic, to the rescue.

Like clockwork.
__________________
"It's not about what you've done, but what's been done for you."
cpayne5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 09:30 AM   #19
The Starter
 
#56fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Charlotte NC
Age: 39
Posts: 1,788
Re: latest on LaVar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpayne5
Superfanatic, to the rescue.

Like clockwork.
i hadn't stuck up for my guy in a week. thought i might throw something out there. But I am done now. I feel better.
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 09:31 AM   #20
The Starter
 
PSUSkinsFan21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Age: 37
Posts: 1,340
Re: latest on LaVar

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmarusak
I hope he stays in the NFC East and we beat him twice a year for the rest of his career.
You are either with me or against me. He's gone, so he's against me. He just wants to get paid. I loved him when he was here, but he's gone now. Bye LaVar. You've peaked with your career. All he cares about is the money. For the first time in his career he was apart of something that won and the spotlight was off him as a superstar. A superstar that only cared about himself and not the team. That's why he wanted out of that defense. It revolved around a team concept that wasn't for him. Let him run around the field aimlessly somewhere else! Go pout somewhere else. The destraction is gone! I mean seriously, who would go into the playoffs talking about his lack of playing time. Someone who does not put the best interest of the team in front of him. Hooray for his departure! Gibbs/Williams want team players and he can't play for guys like that.
Blah blah blah blah blah.......give it a rest already.

He parted on good terms with the team. He never had a bad thing to say about the fans and people of Washington. Nothing is accomplished by posting these pointless hate messages except pissing off those of us who are still fans of Lavar. I say, best of luck to him. It's not like he's ripping on the Skins ala Antonio Pierce. If you want to create hate messages, why not direct it at someone who actually deserves it. I mean really, just get over it already. Things didn't work out between the Skins and Lavar, plain and simple.
__________________
"Hail to the Redskins!" and "Fight on State!"
PSUSkinsFan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 09:37 AM   #21
Camp Scrub
 
jhold4th's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Omaha
Age: 50
Posts: 57
Re: latest on LaVar

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmarusak
I hope he stays in the NFC East and we beat him twice a year for the rest of his career.
You are either with me or against me. He's gone, so he's against me. He just wants to get paid. I loved him when he was here, but he's gone now. Bye LaVar. You've peaked with your career. All he cares about is the money. For the first time in his career he was apart of something that won and the spotlight was off him as a superstar. A superstar that only cared about himself and not the team. That's why he wanted out of that defense. It revolved around a team concept that wasn't for him. Let him run around the field aimlessly somewhere else! Go pout somewhere else. The destraction is gone! I mean seriously, who would go into the playoffs talking about his lack of playing time. Someone who does not put the best interest of the team in front of him. Hooray for his departure! Gibbs/Williams want team players and he can't play for guys like that.
Amen

I don't believe a word that comes out of 56's mouth. His trinity is ME, MYSELF, and I. The Skins wanted to keep him, and he bailed. Sign with the Giants,please, so you can make 3 highlight plays against us, and lead the Gents to a 27-10 loss as part of a 6-10 season..

Good Riddance.
__________________
"Die you dirty dogs, die!!!"

Sam Wyche, December 1972
jhold4th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 09:40 AM   #22
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,247
Re: latest on LaVar

Quote:
Originally Posted by #56fanatic
I think you may want to get some of your facts straight before sounding off. 1st off, money is not and was not an issue with LaVar. As you remember he dropped the 6.5 million dollar contract mishap, saying he was happy here and didn't want to ruin the relationship with the organization and more importantly the fans. 2nd, he forfeited 4 million dollars to get out of a situation he thought was going to be more detrimental to him and team. He saved the Redskins 4 million dollars on the cap, so they could address needs at other positions. He walked out of Washington with some pride, and looked good doing it. All the other stuff about playing out of the system, needing spotlight, playing time, we shall see. The one who started that out the system rumor is pushing to sign him(Lewis) and the other D-cord he worked for is trying to get him in Miami, plus Marty in San Diego wants him. So if all this out the system crap was true, and he was washed up, would these former coaches be pushing to sign him. Even a strict, by the book guy like coughlin, think not! We will see what kind of player he is going to be, I have no clue, but I would bet barring injury he will be back to his probowl self. He has lost almost 20 lbs since the season ended and has done nothing but work out. and he has a lot of motivation to prove alot of people wrong.
he most definately DID NOT drop the 6.5mill thing. at one time he said he might, but he didn't.

he also didn't leave for money; he left caue his position coach hated him because he didn't care about technique.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 09:42 AM   #23
The Starter
 
#56fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Charlotte NC
Age: 39
Posts: 1,788
Re: latest on LaVar

UH OH! this is going to take a turn down ugly street. Might want to close it out. we have had too many of these freakin thread about LaVar. Cant we all just move on and drop it. Crist, I cant remember anyone person leaving to go to another team and hearing this much shit. Really people. If I can drop it and move on , anyone can. even the haters.
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 09:43 AM   #24
The Starter
 
#56fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Charlotte NC
Age: 39
Posts: 1,788
Re: latest on LaVar

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
he most definately DID NOT drop the 6.5mill thing. at one time he said he might, but he didn't.

he also didn't leave for money; he left caue his position coach hated him because he didn't care about technique.
He did drop it, the agent took it the greivence. not him. Then they offered the crazy contract to help out with it.
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 09:48 AM   #25
Playmaker
 
cpayne5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,807
Re: latest on LaVar

Quote:
Originally Posted by #56fanatic
UH OH! this is going to take a turn down ugly street. Might want to close it out. we have had too many of these freakin thread about LaVar. Cant we all just move on and drop it. Crist, I cant remember anyone person leaving to go to another team and hearing this much shit. Really people. If I can drop it and move on , anyone can. even the haters.
You act like you're innocent, but you cause 99% of it.
__________________
"It's not about what you've done, but what's been done for you."
cpayne5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 09:50 AM   #26
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,247
Re: latest on LaVar

Quote:
Originally Posted by #56fanatic
He did drop it, the agent took it the greivence. not him. Then they offered the crazy contract to help out with it.
his agent works for him :P he had to agree to the grievance and ask for his agent to file it. I have no idea why you'd think otherwise. That means it was not dropped and he most definately did not drop it.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 09:54 AM   #27
Impact Rookie
 
Twilbert07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 49
Posts: 594
Re: latest on LaVar

LaVar who?
__________________
a Skins fan every day, every way.
Twilbert07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 10:08 AM   #28
Camp Scrub
 
jayfrank12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 13
Thumbs down Re: latest on LaVar

some of you may not know lavar.I do and he is very hard to get along with.Big mouth bad temper hard to coach.I know that staff at redskin park could not wait for the big mouth to shut up.
jayfrank12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 10:18 AM   #29
The Starter
 
#56fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Charlotte NC
Age: 39
Posts: 1,788
Re: latest on LaVar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpayne5
You act like you're innocent, but you cause 99% of it.
Like I said, If I can drop it and move on, anyone can. I didn't say I was innocent of anything. It just a subject that is getting really old. there are supporters and haters, that is something we can all agree on. for someone that doesn't even play for the Skins, there is alot of attention on the matter. MOVE ON. who cares.
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 10:20 AM   #30
The Starter
 
#56fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Charlotte NC
Age: 39
Posts: 1,788
Re: latest on LaVar

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
his agent works for him :P he had to agree to the grievance and ask for his agent to file it. I have no idea why you'd think otherwise. That means it was not dropped and he most definately did not drop it.
what ever you say, dude. I am going by what he said. he wasn't worried about it, sorry it was actually the players association that filed the greivence over the contract, which in turn is why he is canned.
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32870 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25