Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


ESPN power rankings...Skins @ #18

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2004, 02:01 PM   #31
Mr. Brightside
 
Big C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Age: 28
Posts: 4,442
yes, hes ONE the best, if hes on the field, which he has yet to prove he can do on a consistent basis. He is amazing, when on the field, but its quite simple. If a man with his frame is running around constantly, getting pounded day in and day out, hes going to get hurt. He got hurt in college, he got hurt last year. Try Peyton Manning as the best. Never missed a start, can run a game, and he can complete more than 52% of his passes, something Vick couldnt do...
Big C is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-07-2004, 02:21 PM   #32
Playmaker
 
skinsfanthru&thru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 34
Posts: 3,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C
yes, hes ONE the best, if hes on the field, which he has yet to prove he can do on a consistent basis. He is amazing, when on the field, but its quite simple. If a man with his frame is running around constantly, getting pounded day in and day out, hes going to get hurt. He got hurt in college, he got hurt last year. Try Peyton Manning as the best. Never missed a start, can run a game, and he can complete more than 52% of his passes, something Vick couldnt do...
right now peyton manning is the best qb as far as passing ability and reading a defense, but he has no where near the potential that vick has. no one could ever confuse manning for a mobile qb. i know i'd rather take a 2nd year qb that completes a little over 50% of his passes for around 3,000 yards, throws 3 times as many tds as ints, and can run for 700 plus yards like vick did 2 seasons ago. and that was before they started fixing the mechanics of his release and footwork in the pocket.
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 02:57 PM   #33
Mr. Brightside
 
Big C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Age: 28
Posts: 4,442
i disagree. Ideally, im sure wed all take Vick. But, he isnt durable, and what good is he when he is injured? Manning has proven his durability, and his skill. Point is, if Vick is healthy, hes awesome, but he cant win games from the sideline in a cast. And trust me, he will get injured again.
Big C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 03:31 PM   #34
Playmaker
 
BleedBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C
i disagree. Ideally, im sure wed all take Vick. But, he isnt durable, and what good is he when he is injured? Manning has proven his durability, and his skill. Point is, if Vick is healthy, hes awesome, but he cant win games from the sideline in a cast. And trust me, he will get injured again.
I agree, Vick is always one play away from a torn acl, or a concussion because he's outside of that pocket. (although Ramsey would say the pocket isn't always that safe a place, I imagine.)
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 04:56 PM   #35
Playmaker
 
skinsfanthru&thru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 34
Posts: 3,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy
I agree, Vick is always one play away from a torn acl, or a concussion because he's outside of that pocket. (although Ramsey would say the pocket isn't always that safe a place, I imagine.)
while i do agree he needs to work on his durability, everyone playing footbal is one play away from a serious injury.
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 02:41 PM   #36
Impact Rookie
 
SkinsRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Crofton, MD
Age: 44
Posts: 907
Like EVERY mobile QB, to be a great QB, Vick has to learn how to play like a pocket passer, then his running ability on top of that could be practically unstoppable.

As far as the Falcons' ranking, everyone seems to forget that while they have Vick (who will probably win a couple games himself), they have new rookie head coach. That's why #7 is way too high for them.
SkinsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 02:44 PM   #37
Pro Bowl
 
SKINSnCANES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: New Jersey
Age: 32
Posts: 5,421
Mabye if the Falcons had infact had Denion as their coach then id rank them higher than seven. lol, I was kinda looking forward to seeing D.Sanders press conferences, it would have been entertaining at minimum.
__________________
"I'm used to winning, coming from the University of Miami. " Clinton Portis
SKINSnCANES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 02:56 PM   #38
Special Teams
 
djdunick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Reisterstown, MD
Age: 52
Posts: 141
Skins009,

I echo your sentiments about the D-line. It will be our shortcoming all season which is why I thought we should trade down in the draft and get an extra pick and a D lineman, although with Gibbs running the draft and his track record who really could argue with Taylor.


DJDunick
djdunick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27201 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25