Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


How Can We Improve?

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2006, 09:43 AM   #31
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,967
Re: How Can We Improve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huddle
I agree that it could be "edgier."

Homerism prevails here...not to the extent that it does over at Extremeskins...but it is nevertheless dominant. If a poster expresses an unpopular opinion, he can expect to be ridiculed even by the moderators.

You have some nice ancillary features on this site, but I didn't come here for those. You can improve this site by improving the quality of the discussion or debate...by encouraging not discouraging controversy.
We always encourage a good debate. But controversy for the sake of controversy is not going to be happening here.

I haven't been all that involved in most of your threads. But as an observer, the one suggestion I would make to you is that you come across as determined to enter into debates with the purpose of winning them. As if we keep some sort of scoreboard here. The purpose of starting a debate on this thread is to strengthen your knowledge of the team and the particular topic being discussed. If someone presents an opposing view to what you have written the correct response is to take in what they have said and add it to your 150 IQ. Not say "You're pissed with me because you couldn't handle me in debate" That's not what this is about.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  

Advertisements
Old 04-01-2006, 09:55 AM   #32
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,279
Re: How Can We Improve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huddle
I don't know. How many do you suppose exceed a 150 IQ?

And no...that doesn't mean that I know it all...nor does it mean that I'm not capable of logical errors. What it does mean is that I'm not the obstinate dunce that you and others claim.

You are pissed with me because you couldn't handle me in debate.
A 150 IQ and being an obstinate dunce most definately NOT mutually exclusive.

And I know at least one person here that exceeds 150 by quite a bit :P, not to mention he towers over you when it comes to common sense.

You can't handle yourself in a debate because you have no idea what a debate actually is. If you've ever seen or kept a flow chart and watched as your points are killed and can't rebut anyone else even somewhat effectively, it means you lose. Since you seem to have absolutely no experience with actual debate (even though you claim your a master debater :P) it brings into to question whether your IQ is yet another in a line of "misrepresentations."
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline  
Old 04-01-2006, 10:01 AM   #33
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,279
Re: How Can We Improve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huddle
I really tweaked your ego in that stats debate...didn't I?
nope, its the ongoing and continous hypocrisy and that glaring, persistant "do as i say, not as i do" attitude that i find most annoying.

You say you want better debate when you're the only one actively working against it, you say stats suck, then post articles on DVOA and how its useful, you make statements that you're smarter than the collective whole of all NFL coaches regarding the handling of QBs and actually believe those statements to be true. If you're REALLY that smug, there's no point in even talking to you, cause its obvious you're not listening and you're not learning. Its just the same stupid mistakes and faulty logic in exciting new forms! no thanks.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline  
Old 04-01-2006, 10:07 AM   #34
Playmaker
 
cpayne5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,807
Re: How Can We Improve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huddle
I don't know. How many do you suppose exceed a 150 IQ?

And no...that doesn't mean that I know it all...nor does it mean that I'm not capable of logical errors. What it does mean is that I'm not the obstinate dunce that you and others claim.

You are pissed with me because you couldn't handle me in debate.
This post is the epitome of your existance!!!

You side stepped Schneed's post by trying to change the topic. And the best part is that you did it by trying to prove how smart you *think* you are. Classic.
__________________
"It's not about what you've done, but what's been done for you."
cpayne5 is offline  
Old 04-01-2006, 10:22 AM   #35
Special Teams
 
Huddle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 352
Re: How Can We Improve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS
If someone presents an opposing view to what you have written the correct response is to take in what they have said and add it to your 150 IQ. Not say "You're pissed with me because you couldn't handle me in debate" That's not what this is about.
If someone presents an opposing view, I expect them to have reasons. If I think their reasons make sense, I'll grant them and I might even change my mind. If they don't, I'll tell them why they don't make sense. On a strictly moderated discussion-debate site this can all be done without engaging in personal attacks.

In this thread, two posters attacked me personally and you chastised me. This thread wasn't supposed to be about me. Why didn't you pounce on That Guy for starting this? If you and other mods would do that regardless of which opinion you agree with, it would be a better place.

I'll go back to lurking here. This and the Extremeskins site are a rich source of humor...especially when the posters are trying to be serious.
Huddle is offline  
Old 04-01-2006, 10:30 AM   #36
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,967
Re: How Can We Improve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huddle
If someone presents an opposing view, I expect them to have reasons. If I think their reasons make sense, I'll grant them and I might even change my mind. If they don't, I'll tell them why they don't make sense. On a strictly moderated discussion-debate site this can all be done without engaging in personal attacks.

In this thread, two posters attacked me personally and you chastised me. This thread wasn't supposed to be about me. Why didn't you pounce on That Guy for starting this? If you and other mods would do that regardless of which opinion you agree with, it would be a better place.

I'll go back to lurking here. This and the Extremeskins site are a rich source of humor...especially when the posters are trying to be serious.
I wasn't chastising you. Merely making an observation of how your demeanor comes across to some people. It's not like That Guy and Schneed have a whole litany of enemies on this site. By the same token, I hope they stop participating in this debate and get back to what the mods would like all of you to do-discuss how to make the site better. I believe you had a post once about how to determine the winner in a debate. I don't know if you were being facetious with it or what, but it's just not what the site is about.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 04-01-2006, 10:55 AM   #37
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,279
Re: How Can We Improve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huddle
If someone presents an opposing view, I expect them to have reasons. If I think their reasons make sense, I'll grant them and I might even change my mind. If they don't, I'll tell them why they don't make sense. On a strictly moderated discussion-debate site this can all be done without engaging in personal attacks.

In this thread, two posters attacked me personally and you chastised me. This thread wasn't supposed to be about me. Why didn't you pounce on That Guy for starting this? If you and other mods would do that regardless of which opinion you agree with, it would be a better place.

I'll go back to lurking here. This and the Extremeskins site are a rich source of humor...especially when the posters are trying to be serious.
woah there buddy. YOU started it by complaining about how terrible the debate here is (implying everyone else sucks), then you talk about how smart you are (everyone else is an idiot). I'd like you to point out my insults, because I used evidence from your own previous statements to show they're facts.

YOU make it about yourself, you talk down to people, insult their intelligence, and vastly disrespect this board and its members and yet are SHOCKED when anything besides "we love huddle, you're so great" is posted.

this isn't a strict debate board, so stop with that tired excuse. if it were you'd actually have to debate criticism instead of offering unsupported opinions as undeniable fact. You've also engaged in quite a bit of personal attacks, avoidance and these played out "help, i'm being oppressed" routines yourself, and this constant smugness, talking down to people, and acting like they can't have opinions without your express written permission is insulting.

Maybe you're autistic or have a social disorder i don't know about and i shouldn't be so harsh, but the understanding of people and social IQ in some of your posts is stricty sub-zero.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline  
Old 04-01-2006, 10:58 AM   #38
The Starter
 
jbcjr14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Austin, Texas
Age: 44
Posts: 2,014
Re: How Can We Improve?

I guess with the hoax announcement this thread is shit and should be deleted?
__________________
"Work Harder: millions on welfare are counting on you" - Obama 2009 address to Congress.
jbcjr14 is offline  
Old 04-01-2006, 12:29 PM   #39
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 53
Posts: 10,519
Re: How Can We Improve?

thatguy and huddle,would you both shut the f*** up so we can get back to talking about what the warpath is all about,the redskins
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline  
Old 04-01-2006, 12:50 PM   #40
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,967
Re: How Can We Improve?

Well apart from a couple of suggestions this thread turned into a pissing match instead of ways we can improve the site.

The mods will chalk this up as a lesson learned.

Thread locked
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.25602 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25