Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


How Can We Improve?

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2006, 06:06 PM   #1
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,626
How Can We Improve?

I posted this on the Front Office Changes thread but I'll start a new thread here.

Every one of us on both sides of the Mod fence understand that there is nothing more important than providing Redskins fans with the best coverage of their beloved team. It is something we have consistently strived to do, unfortunately I think all the moderators can agree we have let our personal pride take over what is best.

Throughout the day we have continued working behind the scenes trying to resolve this issue, even while sadly slinging mud in public. This behavior is not typical of any of us and is of no good to any of you.

At this point our differences amongst the mods are simply too far apart. However, we have agreed that the best decision is not for any of us to decide. We're going to let the people decide and "settle the score" as it were. Let's not continue with the namecalling in this thread, let's hear from all of you now. What do you want? What's missing? What's good?

Now is the time for all of you to step up and tell us why you keep coming back to this site. But more importantly, what you want to see that will encourage you to come back more often, participate more, and tell your friends about it.

And hopefully we can resolve these petty differences and work together to create the best site for everyone.

So tell us what you want.

This thread is not to discuss what differences the mods have. We should not have posted that in the first place. This thread is meant to get suggestions about the site. We know this is a great site, but specifically tell us why. And tell us how it can be greater.

This site belongs to all of you, so let your voice be heard
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  

Advertisements
Old 03-31-2006, 06:11 PM   #2
Special Teams
 
Cooley 350Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 209
Re: How Can We Improve?

I'll post it again because of the new thread.

What we want is for all of the mod's to quit acting like level-5 douschebags. Don't tease the common people on this site with the whole "we're fighting but we won't tell you why" crap, only to turn around & ask us who's "right" in the argument when all we can base our opinion's on are vague personal attacks & defector avatars.

Translation = If you want respectful & informative idea's on how to fix this, have the respect for all the people on this board to inform them of what's going on.
__________________
<PeterGriffinVoice> Lotta Honky's In Here... </PeterGriffinVoice>
Cooley 350Z is offline  
Old 03-31-2006, 06:17 PM   #3
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,288
Re: How Can We Improve?

As you guys probably know from the other thread, I'm not involved in this massive mod dispute. I'm just a member who was approached by TAFKAS to join his new site and keep the salary cap sheets there, and hence I'm branded with this defector avatar.

But after talking with some of the mods throughout the day, in the end I think they are having a hard time seeing all the pain this is causing some of you guys. They may have their differences, but if I know them like I think I do, I think they'll put the Redskins fans above their petty disputes and come together on this. I think this community means more to them than their squabbles. At least I hope so.

I think it would be good if we showed the mods why we're such a great community here at the Warpath. We've all got great ideas and have developed some fellowship here, so why not put that on display now? We should offer constructive feedback to help get these guys going on working towards a common goal again, which is running ONE great site.

If I could offer feedback, I'd say more super happy fun thread material is needed, maybe some tutorials to help explain the salary cap in layman's terms, and most of all, how bout we all just meet up sometime to get to know one another better, maybe share some beers, and put all the arguing behind us!

Hail!
Schneed10 is offline  
Old 03-31-2006, 06:17 PM   #4
Playmaker
 
gibbsisgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: 129 W 81st street
Age: 35
Posts: 3,503
Re: How Can We Improve?

i think the other thread should be deleted. there is some harsh shit in there. the site is fine the way it is.i like how i can come to one place on the net and find almost all of the nfl news.and not only that i can talk with some of the most knoledgeable(sp?)redskins fans around.this is the site i frequent the most and i definetly like it the way it is now!!!
gibbsisgod is offline  
Old 03-31-2006, 06:19 PM   #5
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: How Can We Improve?

Well, a compromise needs to be reached. Can't be any harder than it was to get the CBA done. Matty seems pretty confident that these opertunities for expansion, or whatever will bring a lot more webtraffic to the site. So I can see both sides.

Until the people of the board know the details of the dispute, we can't accurately help in the solution.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Old 03-31-2006, 06:22 PM   #6
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,626
Re: How Can We Improve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooley 350Z
I'll post it again because of the new thread.

What we want is for all of the mod's to quit acting like level-5 douschebags. Don't tease the common people on this site with the whole "we're fighting but we won't tell you why" crap, only to turn around & ask us who's "right" in the argument when all we can base our opinion's on are vague personal attacks & defector avatars.

Translation = If you want respectful & informative idea's on how to fix this, have the respect for all the people on this board to inform them of what's going on.
Ok, here are some of the things we've been arguing about. You tell us if it would improve the site or would just be unnecessary changes.

More original articles by site members. Player profiles, Football 101 (what is the counter trey), stuff of that nature.

Dividing the "newswire" by source. So there'd be a Wash Post section with links to the latest articles with dates, and another for Skins.com, etc.

Weekly or monthly contests where we could give away prizes. Maybe in the Score Pool thread, but there could be others. Maybe best post or best thread, etc. Trivia contests is another option.

More contribution from rival sites For instance before a big Skins-Cowboys game we could do a point-counterpoint with another board member. 70Chip could say why Portis is the better back, and some guy from a Giants site makes his case for Tiki.

In addition to donation requests, why not hold some raffles or auctions to raise money for the site? Maybe raffle off gift certificates to the Warpath store, Skins tickets, etc.

Stuff of that nature
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 03-31-2006, 06:23 PM   #7
Playmaker
 
gibbsisgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: 129 W 81st street
Age: 35
Posts: 3,503
Re: How Can We Improve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10
As you guys probably know from the other thread, I'm not involved in this massive mod dispute. I'm just a member who was approached by TAFKAS to join his new site and keep the salary cap sheets there, and hence I'm branded with this defector avatar.

But after talking with some of the mods throughout the day, in the end I think they are having a hard time seeing all the pain this is causing some of you guys. They may have their differences, but if I know them like I think I do, I think they'll put the Redskins fans above their petty disputes and come together on this. I think this community means more to them than their squabbles. At least I hope so.

I think it would be good if we showed the mods why we're such a great community here at the Warpath. We've all got great ideas and have developed some fellowship here, so why not put that on display now? We should offer constructive feedback to help get these guys going on working towards a common goal again, which is running ONE great site.

If I could offer feedback, I'd say more super happy fun thread material is needed, maybe some tutorials to help explain the salary cap in layman's terms, and most of all, how bout we all just meet up sometime to get to know one another better, maybe share some beers, and put all the arguing behind us!

Hail!
i am definetly up for a site meetup. rent a pavilion and make it happen.
gibbsisgod is offline  
Old 03-31-2006, 06:24 PM   #8
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: How Can We Improve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsisgod
i think the other thread should be deleted. there is some harsh shit in there. the site is fine the way it is.i like how i can come to one place on the net and find almost all of the nfl news.and not only that i can talk with some of the most knoledgeable(sp?)redskins fans around.this is the site i frequent the most and i definetly like it the way it is now!!!
I would like to second the "it's great as it is" motion. However, with all the media expanision opertunities, which are IMO a great thing, it's gonna be really tough to keep the site exactly the same. This is matty's stance as far as I can tell with limited info.

But what we really need to know is ASSUMING the site stays together, EXACTLY what will change in order for the warpath to expand through oppertunity. As far as I can tell, splintering seems to be the cowards way out. But depending on the degree of sacrifice, it may be the way to go. We need more info.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Old 03-31-2006, 06:30 PM   #9
Playmaker
 
gibbsisgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: 129 W 81st street
Age: 35
Posts: 3,503
Re: How Can We Improve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS
Ok, here are some of the things we've been arguing about. You tell us if it would improve the site or would just be unnecessary changes.

More original articles by site members. Player profiles, Football 101 (what is the counter trey), stuff of that nature.

Dividing the "newswire" by source. So there'd be a Wash Post section with links to the latest articles with dates, and another for Skins.com, etc.

Weekly or monthly contests where we could give away prizes. Maybe in the Score Pool thread, but there could be others. Maybe best post or best thread, etc. Trivia contests is another option.

More contribution from rival sites For instance before a big Skins-Cowboys game we could do a point-counterpoint with another board member. 70Chip could say why Portis is the better back, and some guy from a Giants site makes his case for Tiki.

In addition to donation requests, why not hold some raffles or auctions to raise money for the site? Maybe raffle off gift certificates to the Warpath store, Skins tickets, etc.

Stuff of that nature
i like most of these. maybe not the first or second
gibbsisgod is offline  
Old 03-31-2006, 06:34 PM   #10
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: How Can We Improve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS
More original articles by site members. Player profiles, Football 101 (what is the counter trey), stuff of that nature.
Sounds like a plan. Also, this could be done right here. Maybe not in fourm format, but seems like an expansion on what we already do. Actually, the key term would be more, since we already have some of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS
Dividing the "newswire" by source. So there'd be a Wash Post section with links to the latest articles with dates, and another for Skins.com, etc.
Sure you could. But you don't have to. Either way, why argue over it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS
Weekly or monthly contests where we could give away prizes. Maybe in the Score Pool thread, but there could be others. Maybe best post or best thread, etc. Trivia contests is another option.
Another thing that could be done right here. What's the alternate viewpoint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS
More contribution from rival sites For instance before a big Skins-Cowboys game we could do a point-counterpoint with another board member. 70Chip could say why Portis is the better back, and some guy from a Giants site makes his case for Tiki.
This I really, really like. I think this would be a great addition to the warparth. But there's probably a negative to weigh this against, so I'd like to hear both sides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS
In addition to donation requests, why not hold some raffles or auctions to raise money for the site? Maybe raffle off gift certificates to the Warpath store, Skins tickets, etc.
Sounds great. I really don't care either way.

Just one man's opinion, hope this helps
GTripp0012 is offline  
Old 03-31-2006, 06:39 PM   #11
Playmaker
 
skinsfanthru&thru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 33
Posts: 3,714
Re: How Can We Improve?

I for one hope this is all a joke or otherwise the time I've spent as a member of this site as well as the old yahoo one would have become tainted. I've always appreciated the great job all of the Mods have done and I've done my absolute best to spread the word about the Warpath, but if this isn't a hoax, this is flat out BS. Like I've posted in the past that I'm an extreme optimist about the play of the Skins, I too shall be an optimist about this being a big inside joke.

As far as what keeps me coming back, it's not something thats really easy to describe. I know for me personally it's awesome to have a place each day, all be it on the internet, where I can go to talk about not only one of the main joys in my life in the Redskins, but also random topics as well as to just joke around. I haven't recently posted as much as I did when I first started cuz by the time I get home from work, there's normally been someone else who's already said what I was thinking, but I always log on anyways to atleast read what others r thinking about certain topics. There's just something about the comradery here that has me coming back each day to share in the frustration and joy associated with being a fan of the greatest NFL franchise.

Once again I hope this is all a hoax cuz if not then this day truly sux.

HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
"Ahhh, so you're stupid in 3 languages?"
skinsfanthru&thru is offline  
Old 03-31-2006, 06:46 PM   #12
Special Teams
 
Cooley 350Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 209
Re: How Can We Improve?

I don't think some huge overhaul is necessary here either. Personally, I thought the Weekly Power Poll was frickin' hilarious. I think the place could stand to be a bit edgier than it has been. We're not talking about satin throwpillows here, we're talking about football for god's sake. We're all grown men here (with the exception of PWNED).
__________________
<PeterGriffinVoice> Lotta Honky's In Here... </PeterGriffinVoice>
Cooley 350Z is offline  
Old 03-31-2006, 06:47 PM   #13
The Starter
 
steveo395's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,674
Re: How Can We Improve?

just keep it as one website and i will be happy

i like all of those ideas TAFKAS said, except for dividing the newswire...thats pretty pointless

if you want to see all of the articles from a certain website, you could just go to that webite


i would like an official highlight video section for all of the games and players done by whoever is the best at making them on this website...put like an actual link on the side like there is for the cap sheets
steveo395 is offline  
Old 03-31-2006, 06:57 PM   #14
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: How Can We Improve?

It's worked for this long, so there is no reason to believe it won't blow over. Unless there is something else we aren't being told.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Old 03-31-2006, 07:06 PM   #15
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: How Can We Improve?

Trust me guys, it's not in any way about money. I haven't seen a dime as a mod. I paid money to keep the site going.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.34813 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25