Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Can this be Real?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2006, 01:20 AM   #1
The Starter
 
Darrell_Green_28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Age: 46
Posts: 1,972
Can this be Real?

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

TUNA SURPRISE: PARCELLS OUT IN BIG D

A league source tells us that Cowboys coach Bill Parcells resigned his position on Friday night after a lengthy meeting with owner Jerry Jones regarding the decision to sign receiver Terrell Owens.

Parcells, who signed an extension last season, was angered by the acquisition of Owens. The veteran coach, we hear, told Jones that Owens had not changed and should not be signed. Parcells became livid after Owens' book deal was announced, which happened less than two days after Owens was introduced as a member of the organization.

Butch Davis is the leading candidate to replace Parcells. Davis was the Cowboys' defensive coordinator in the early 1990s, and he served with Jimmy Johnson's two Super Bowl teams.

For Parcells, his coaching career is likely over after stints as the top dog with the Giants, Patriots, Jets, and Cowboys.
Darrell_Green_28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-01-2006, 01:30 AM   #2
Closet Redskins Fan
 
5RINGS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 495
Re: Can this be Real?

Oh No!!! Oh My God!!!!

C'mon, Like Parcells would leave all that cash on the table. He would find a way for Jerry to buy him out......
__________________
I am a complete and unabashed Romosexual.
5RINGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 01:35 AM   #3
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: Can this be Real?

don't you love april fools day... the one day where the internet becomes completely worthless.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 01:38 AM   #4
Mr. Brightside
 
Big C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Age: 28
Posts: 4,439
Re: Can this be Real?

april fools!
__________________
"I don't care what nobody say I'm a be me, stay hood stay real, cause I'm out here grindin'" -Joe Gibbs
Big C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 01:51 AM   #5
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,888
Re: Can this be Real?

two things come to mind when reading this article.

1. april fools
2. PFT.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 01:52 AM   #6
Impact Rookie
 
Skins fan 44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Brazil, IN
Age: 43
Posts: 883
Re: Can this be Real?

Well at least you did not say Gibbs retired. That would be sad.
Skins fan 44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 09:16 AM   #7
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: Can this be Real?

April Fools works so much better when it's more subtle. A couple of years ago, someone here posted a thread about draft prospects -- one of whom, amazingly, clocked in at an astonishing 3.8 something in the 40-yard dash.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 09:41 AM   #8
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: Can this be Real?

3.8 would be crazy... i think bennet was the fastest ever at 4.13...
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 10:05 AM   #9
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Can this be Real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell_Green_28
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

TUNA SURPRISE: PARCELLS OUT IN BIG D

A league source tells us that Cowboys coach Bill Parcells resigned his position on Friday night after a lengthy meeting with owner Jerry Jones regarding the decision to sign receiver Terrell Owens.

Parcells, who signed an extension last season, was angered by the acquisition of Owens. The veteran coach, we hear, told Jones that Owens had not changed and should not be signed. Parcells became livid after Owens' book deal was announced, which happened less than two days after Owens was introduced as a member of the organization.

Butch Davis is the leading candidate to replace Parcells. Davis was the Cowboys' defensive coordinator in the early 1990s, and he served with Jimmy Johnson's two Super Bowl teams.


For Parcells, his coaching career is likely over after stints as the top dog with the Giants, Patriots, Jets, and Cowboys.
Pro Football Talk does something clever for April Fools every year. Last year they had Brees traded to the 49ers along w/the 12th overall pick for the 1st overall pick. I believed that for almost a day.

This, however, is a rumor making the rounds that he MIGHT call it quits due to the owens fiasco. There are no truth to any of the PFT stories posted this morning.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 10:27 AM   #10
The Starter
 
GoSkins!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yorktown, Va
Age: 45
Posts: 1,587
Re: Can this be Real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012
Pro Football Talk does something clever for April Fools every year. Last year they had Brees traded to the 49ers along w/the 12th overall pick for the 1st overall pick. I believed that for almost a day.

This, however, is a rumor making the rounds that he MIGHT call it quits due to the owens fiasco. There are no truth to any of the PFT stories posted this morning.
Yep, people need to read futher down the page...
__________________
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts. A. Einstien
GoSkins! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 11:23 AM   #11
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,517
Re: Can this be Real?

thatguy,i can think of more than just one day where the internet is totally useless
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 11:37 AM   #12
Special Teams
 
Sociofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Gainesville, VA
Age: 49
Posts: 380
Re: Can this be Real?

Looks like it was just a rumor:

http://www.readybb.com/cowboysboard/...pic.php?t=5555
Sociofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 09:49 AM   #13
Special Teams
 
Sociofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Gainesville, VA
Age: 49
Posts: 380
Re: Can this be Real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sociofan


Or is it?

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

POSTED 9:58 a.m. EST; UPDATED 12:13 p.m. EST, April 1, 2006

PARCELLS RETIREMENT RUMORS FLY

Even though the lead item of our annual April Fool's edition regarding the resignation of Cowboys coach Bill Parcells is phony, we're hearing rumors that Parcells might indeed pack it in after three years with the Cowboys.

The catalyst for the speculation is the addition of former Eagles receiver Terrell Owens, which might have occurred without the input or over the objection of the head coach.

Parcells has said nothing about the arrival of Owens, and Parcells was the only coach who blew off the ownership meetings in Florida this week. His absence has fueled talk that he's very unhappy with the signing of Owens, and that Parcells doesn't want to have to talk about the situation to the media, or to anyone else.

The deeper problem here is that the events of the past two weeks have created the impression that Parcells has no say in what goes on with his team. For a guy like Parcells, who plops more football knowledge into the porcelain every day that Cowboys owner Jerry Jones ever will acquire, the notion of being undermined publicly is the last thing he deserves, especially as his coaching career moves into its final days.
Sociofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 11:01 AM   #14
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Can this be Real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sociofan
Still, it's just a rumor.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 08:56 PM   #15
Camp Scrub
 
Gwilljest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 40
Posts: 19
Re: Can this be Real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RINGS
Oh No!!! Oh My God!!!!

C'mon, Like Parcells would leave all that cash on the table. He would find a way for Jerry to buy him out......
No, it's not like him to leave any FOOD on the table. The tuna's belt size is equator.
Gwilljest is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27112 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25