Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Sportsline Power Rankings

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2006, 05:38 PM   #61
Playmaker
 
724Skinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 3,504
Re: Sportsline Power Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo395
'92 happened, and i think i remember 1999 happening a little bit
I was going to edit but decided not to. Good catch! I went to the Dolphins @ Redskins game in 1999 (actually it was January 2000). Such a great feeling watching them play, win and all with the knowledge that we were playoff bound.
__________________
"I hope I'm getting better. I hope you haven't seen my best." - Jim Zorn
724Skinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-05-2006, 06:18 PM   #62
Special Teams
 
bigSkinsfan61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: richmond va
Age: 52
Posts: 252
Re: Sportsline Power Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirthogs311
WTF is this guy smoking. We didnt pick up Jeff George, Bruce Smith, or Deion Sanders. This is Brandon Lloyd, Antwaan Randle El, Adam Archuleta, and Andre Carter. And oh ya did i forget Clinton Portis, Santana Moss, Chris Cooley, Marcus Washington, and Sean Taylor. And this is not Steve Spurrier or Marty Shottenheimer either. This is Joe Gibbs. And oh ya dare i mention Al Saunders and Greg Williams. CBS stands for Complete Bull $#!T anyways so why do we care.
ditto.....mad props jg wee shall see
bigSkinsfan61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 06:32 PM   #63
The Starter
 
D'BOYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,363
Re: Sportsline Power Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphisskin
I love how commentators, and now you, talk about Randle El's 35 catches last year as proof that he's not a #2 wideout. That makes sense, unless you happened to watch the NFL or knew anything about the Steelers offense. Little known fact, Plaxico Burress caught 35 balls the previous year as the #2 wideout. And Roethlisberger threw more passes in '04 than he did '05, and to top it all off, the Steelers had the most rushing attempts in the league last year. So they weren't throwing it a ton, in fact, the Steelers m.o. was to pass early to get the lead, then rely on the running game and defense to hold on. Are his 35 catches an indication that he wasn't getting open? That he can't catch the ball?

As for Lloyd, seeing as how the 49ers had the worst passing game in the league with 118.6 yards per game, Lloyd's 48 catches for 733 yards and 5 tds don't seem quite so mundane anymore. Especially considering the qbs he had throwing him the ball, as I don't think anyone will confuse Alex Smith and Tim Rattay for Joe Montana and Steve Young. And Lloyd's 89 yard catch came on the Cowboys, with Terrence Newman chasing him the whole way. I think he outplayed your girl Terry Glenn that day, 2 tds to 0, 142 yards to 137. Maybe I'm wrong, I sure hope you show me where though.

Also I didn't put JJ and portis toghether I said Portis is great wich he is and I place our 2rb as good, with potential but they aren't in the same league I mention JJ and Barber together.

I would keep on, but you lost me when you compared Clinton Portis, who has three 1500 yard seasons in four years (1300 was his off year) to Julius Jones who has yet to crack 1000 in either of his. I'm not knocking JJ, but he's not in the same class as Portis right now. Any mention of Patrick Crayton must be qualified with "as long as Sean Taylor isn't around." So Patrick Crayton is a capable receiver "as long as Sean Taylor isn't around." Or do u need proof?
ok here we go I know Pittsburgh is a run first team but still produced 100+ yards receivers and i nsome season 2 1000+ yards receivers and and yes plaxico had 35 catches his last year with pitt but that was when randall el took some passes from him and he only played 11 games Randall-el with no #3 WR only produced 35 even in 2004 with plaxico on the team he had a better year than last year.

Before that Plaxico had 66, 78 60 catches for 1008, 1325, 860 and I know you're going to say Tommy Maddox but hey with tommy it was still a Run first team. And your comment about Pittsburgh being the team with more Rushing attemps of the nfl they only had 20 more attemps then dallas and dallas still produced an 1136 (62 catches) 8td wr in Glenn and a 839 (70cath) 6td receiver in KJ so sorry man if I don0t give credit to Randall-el as a #2 or complete receiver. He has other quallities like PR and trow fake reverse pass but he isn't a #2 receiver if he was so great Pitt would have kept him.

Now About B. Lloyd he has potential he makes some fantasy catches he burned our D last year, but he drops a lot off the easy ones 2 and yes he has had bad Qb's I'll give you that but again why will SF trade him for a 4th if a remmember correctly without having another wr in the roster. Makes you wonder.

And About the Crayton vs Taylor thing I see others answering that comment Crayton burned him for the go ahead TD in 2004 Taylor made him eat dirt in 3rd down must convertion in 2005 right now they are 1-1 in my book.
D'BOYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 06:40 PM   #64
The Starter
 
steveo395's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,674
Re: Sportsline Power Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'BOYZ
ok here we go I know Pittsburgh is a run first team but still produced 100+ yards receivers and i nsome season 2 1000+ yards receivers and and yes plaxico had 35 catches his last year with pitt but that was when randall el took some passes from him and he only played 11 games Randall-el with no #3 WR only produced 35 even in 2004 with plaxico on the team he had a better year than last year.

Before that Plaxico had 66, 78 60 catches for 1008, 1325, 860 and I know you're going to say Tommy Maddox but hey with tommy it was still a Run first team. And your comment about Pittsburgh being the team with more Rushing attemps of the nfl they only had 20 more attemps then dallas and dallas still produced an 1136 (62 catches) 8td wr in Glenn and a 839 (70cath) 6td receiver in KJ so sorry man if I don0t give credit to Randall-el as a #2 or complete receiver. He has other quallities like PR and trow fake reverse pass but he isn't a #2 receiver if he was so great Pitt would have kept him.

Now About B. Lloyd he has potential he makes some fantasy catches he burned our D last year, but he drops a lot off the easy ones 2 and yes he has had bad Qb's I'll give you that but again why will SF trade him for a 4th if a remmember correctly without having another wr in the roster. Makes you wonder.

And About the Crayton vs Taylor thing I see others answering that comment Crayton burned him for the go ahead TD in 2004 Taylor made him eat dirt in 3rd down must convertion in 2005 right now they are 1-1 in my book.
well first of all, you need to learn how to type

second, Randle El left the steelers because they are too cheap to keep him and gibbs knows what he is doing...besides, we dont need him to be a 1000 yard receiver anyway, we have moss, cooley, lloyd, and patten to get plenty of yards along with randle el

third, lloyd left the 49ers because he didnt want to be there anymore and the 49ers didnt really want him there....and they do have another #1 receiver in Antonio Bryant
steveo395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 06:50 PM   #65
The Starter
 
D'BOYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,363
Re: Sportsline Power Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo395
second, Randle El left the steelers because they are too cheap to keep him and gibbs knows what he is doing...besides, we dont need him to be a 1000 yard receiver anyway, we have moss, cooley, lloyd, and patten to get plenty of yards along with randle el

third, lloyd left the 49ers because he didnt want to be there anymore and the 49ers didnt really want him there....and they do have another #1 receiver in Antonio Bryant
Yeah they where cheap because they didn't believe he was worth #2 or #1 type of contract, second I know you don't need him to be a 1000 yard receiver we haven't discuss that we discussed if he is a #2 type receiver wich he's not will he complement your offense yes. And please if Patten see's more than 5 plays per game something has gone wrong with your team either Lloyd or Randall didn't produce or 1 got hurth.

And just so you know when Lloyd joined your team A. Bryant wasn't sign in fact it took several weeks for SF to sign him and Imagine how much they didn't like Lloyd to trade him and get a publicly more trouble receiver in A. Bryant that Cleveland didn't want back.
D'BOYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 07:15 PM   #66
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,493
Re: Sportsline Power Rankings

The Niners not wanting to keep Lloyd probably says more about where they are (deeep in the bottom) than about Lloyd.
And what does it matter if Randle El is #2 or #3? He's a playmaker who's a legit threat to score every time he touches the ball. And he could do it running, catching, or passing.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 07:21 PM   #67
Thank You, Sean.
 
Gmanc711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Age: 28
Posts: 7,495
Re: Sportsline Power Rankings

My main problem with this ranking is that the guy thinks we got worse somehow during the offseason. We lost LaVar, yes, and that is a crucial loss, but we upgraded (and overpayed imo) at Saftey, Wide Reciver, and on the defensive line. Our depth at offensive line is now better as well, which could be vital if we suffer a crucial injury, like that of Randy Thomas. The only position I think you can argue we got substancialy worse at (OLB is still a wildcard at this point), is tight end, and thats only because I havent seen much of Christian Furia. I liked Royal a lot, but he wasent an all-star or anything and we might even have improved there.

Overall I just dont see how, given current offseason moves the Cowboys and Eagles suddenly became better than we did. I'm very confident that the additions of Randel El and Lloyd will make just as big of an impact as T.O. on the Cowboys. Thats not to say they are better than he is, but in terms of gameplan and winning games, I think that is offset. The Eagles, I just dont think are very good anymore, bottom line. I still think the Giants are a solid football team and I'll listen to the argument they are better, hell I'll even listen to the argument that Dallas could be better, but not in the ways that this guy is describing it.
__________________
#21
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 10:01 AM   #68
The Starter
 
D'BOYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,363
Re: Sportsline Power Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS
The Niners not wanting to keep Lloyd probably says more about where they are (deeep in the bottom) than about Lloyd.
And what does it matter if Randle El is #2 or #3? He's a playmaker who's a legit threat to score every time he touches the ball. And he could do it running, catching, or passing.
A treath every time he touches the ball last year he had 4 td 1 receiving, 1 trowing and 2 in punt returns. Don't get me wrong he's a versatil player and as a PR specialist is a verry good adition but as a wr he's just average. It's a better version of Dante Hall that's it and that's why I believe you got him Sauders may have some relly good missmatchs planed with this guy.

Again I believe your team upgraded it self in the offseason you covered the mayority of your holes (I just see OLB, CB, and Oline you had trouble last year when samuels went down because you don't have good backups).

And I see your team in the Playoffs if everything goes paper wise the only thing that I have a problems is Brunnel he flat out came out empty in the last couple of games he just didn't had anything left in his tank

I believe o ucan have a verry explosive offense because of the talent added and the system your coaches use.
D'BOYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 11:53 AM   #69
Impact Rookie
 
memphisskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 958
Re: Sportsline Power Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'BOYZ
Yeah they where cheap because they didn't believe he was worth #2 or #1 type of contract, second I know you don't need him to be a 1000 yard receiver we haven't discuss that we discussed if he is a #2 type receiver wich he's not will he complement your offense yes. And please if Patten see's more than 5 plays per game something has gone wrong with your team either Lloyd or Randall didn't produce or 1 got hurth.

And just so you know when Lloyd joined your team A. Bryant wasn't sign in fact it took several weeks for SF to sign him and Imagine how much they didn't like Lloyd to trade him and get a publicly more trouble receiver in A. Bryant that Cleveland didn't want back.
So basically the 49er-Lloyd situation is a little like Dallas-Keyshawn. Both were dealt before someone else was added. It happens. Maybe Lloyd was dealt because he was unhappy with his deal and instead of letting him go for nothing the 49ers decided to trade him and get something? It's a thought.

Randle El was a #2 in Pittsburgh, he got 35 catches and the starting tight end got 39. We've already determined that the Steelers were a run first, run second and run third team. You said they only had 20 more rushing attempts than the Boys, but the Boys had 121 more passing attempts. Could that explain the 35 catches the #2 receiver had in Pittsburgh? Or maybe your point, he's not a #2 is valid. We shall see.

Pittsburgh was cheap because Pittsburgh is, was and probably will remain CHEAP. Hines Ward, the SB XL MVP, had to hold out to get a new deal. Why? He's led the team in receiving the past few years, according to you they didn't even have a #2 guy since Randle El is more of a PR-WR reverse pass guy, so why the need for him to hold out to get a fair deal? They are cheap in Pittsburgh, it works for them. They build their team through the draft. Does it mean that Randle El can't play, or the Steelers won't pay? Hmmm.
memphisskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 12:15 PM   #70
Impact Rookie
 
memphisskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 958
Re: Sportsline Power Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'BOYZ
A treath every time he touches the ball last year he had 4 td 1 receiving, 1 trowing and 2 in punt returns. Don't get me wrong he's a versatil player and as a PR specialist is a verry good adition but as a wr he's just average. It's a better version of Dante Hall that's it and that's why I believe you got him Sauders may have some relly good missmatchs planed with this guy.

Again I believe your team upgraded it self in the offseason you covered the mayority of your holes (I just see OLB, CB, and Oline you had trouble last year when samuels went down because you don't have good backups).

And I see your team in the Playoffs if everything goes paper wise the only thing that I have a problems is Brunnel he flat out came out empty in the last couple of games he just didn't had anything left in his tank

I believe o ucan have a verry explosive offense because of the talent added and the system your coaches use.
Randle El as a PR specialist. Didn't I hear the same thing about Moss last year? And wasn't Steve Smith a PR specialist before he turned into Mr. Uncoverable? Your argument is weak in that it assumes that Randle El and Lloyd have peaked, that what they've done so far in three seasons is all they can do. TO is 32, and while TO is an amazing athlete and wideout and going to be a bona fide threat, his best season was in '01 when he was 28. Randle El is 27, Lloyd is 24. See where I'm going? I'll take you there for fear that you'll get lost. Young receivers get better, older receivers not so much. TO is better now, but will his groin hold up for two more years?

I see the Cowboys as now possessing a deep threat that will open up the run some. I don't see Parcells changing his philosophy now.

And you said something about Brunell's performance in the playoffs. I think it had more to do with the knee injury he sustained late in the year versus the Giants than with him not having anything left in the tank. If Bledsoe can still perform, why can't Brunell? Aren't they both 14 year vets? Are Brunell's years dog years for some reason?
memphisskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 12:18 PM   #71
The Starter
 
D'BOYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,363
Re: Sportsline Power Rankings

God I'm getting bored with this subject ok the difference between the Keyshawn cut and the Lloyd trade is that Dallas had allready a contract in principle with TO when they kut KJ that's why they cut him after Phi cut TO in the case of Lloyd he was traded way before SF had an option they wated 3 weeks before they sign Bryant, Randall el and Branch got contracts before Bryant did.

That's because he wasn't their first option.

but really what are we still talking about this subject I'm not saying they were bad pic ups I' ve allways have said that you over paid but that's nothing new with your franchise and that Randall-el will not be a #2 receiver I see more potential in Lloyd on becoming the #2 than Randall, he's just a gimmic distraction type of wr.

This 2 guys will give teams missmatches and has made your offense more explosive.
D'BOYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32402 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25