Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


If you don't like Roy Williams you'll love this article

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2006, 05:58 PM   #46
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 26
Posts: 8,606
Re: If you don't like Roy Williams you'll love this article

I think Big Ben is a bit overrated, he fell into a great system in which he did not have to throw many completions, and therefore less interceptions. But he did come up when he needed to. We will see if Ben is for real real next season as his pass attempts will increase significantly.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-09-2006, 07:47 PM   #47
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,154
Re: If you don't like Roy Williams you'll love this article

why change to a pass happy offense if what you've got is still working? tommy maddox was total crap in the same system.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 11:44 AM   #48
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,963
Re: If you don't like Roy Williams you'll love this article

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
why change to a pass happy offense if what you've got is still working? tommy maddox was total crap in the same system.
They just dont have the personel to be run-first anymore. They will still run effectively, but only if Big Ben establishes the passing game first.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 12:14 PM   #49
Closet Redskins Fan
 
5RINGS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 495
Re: If you don't like Roy Williams you'll love this article

You know,

No way Roy makes it as a LB in the 3/4. Too Small. Roy has a good first step and good instincts and he is a Big time Hitter. He isn't an instinctive Coverage Strong Safety.

BUT...

If we look at the Roy Williams who had Darren Woodson playing FS and the Roy Williams who had Keith Davis playing FS I think there is a difference. Davis is a first time starter and Roy didn't have the luxury of a quality FS to work with.

I want to see how Mr Polamalu does this year without Chris Hope at FS.
__________________
I am a complete and unabashed Romosexual.
5RINGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 12:22 PM   #50
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 7,938
Re: If you don't like Roy Williams you'll love this article

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RINGS
BUT...

If we look at the Roy Williams who had Darren Woodson playing FS and the Roy Williams who had Keith Davis playing FS I think there is a difference. Davis is a first time starter and Roy didn't have the luxury of a quality FS to work with.

I want to see how Mr Polamalu does this year without Chris Hope at FS.
You can make that kind of arguement about almost anyone in any team sport, because they are just that, team sports.
__________________
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
ArtMonkDrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 12:31 PM   #51
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,963
Re: If you don't like Roy Williams you'll love this article

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RINGS
I want to see how Mr Polamalu does this year without Chris Hope at FS.
I would think that the loss of Hope is very different than the loss of Darren Woodson. Chris Hope went on the open market, and sat there for a month without even recieving a phone call. Ryan Clark was signed before then, so I have to assume that front offices in general feel that Clark is better.

Roy's game isn't in coverage, but in a divison like the East is this year, he becomes a liability. You may not be able to run on Dallas, but you can throw on them.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 12:33 PM   #52
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,154
Re: If you don't like Roy Williams you'll love this article

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012
They just dont have the personel to be run-first anymore. They will still run effectively, but only if Big Ben establishes the passing game first.
I disagree, but we'll see in 2006. Losing bettis but still having a good OL/FB/TE in place to block should be enough to continue running.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 12:36 PM   #53
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,154
Re: If you don't like Roy Williams you'll love this article

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012
I would think that the loss of Hope is very different than the loss of Darren Woodson. Chris Hope went on the open market, and sat there for a month without even recieving a phone call. Ryan Clark was signed before then, so I have to assume that front offices in general feel that Clark is better.
I think that's a stretch. clark was way cheaper but still had starting experience. Chris hope was holding out for a much bigger offer than clark got, and he got a lot more money, so i'd argue that's a pretty clear indication of who FO's think i better. the steelers were just going cheap, again.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 01:41 PM   #54
Closet Redskins Fan
 
5RINGS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 495
Re: If you don't like Roy Williams you'll love this article

Hope did hold out for the large payday that Clark can only dream of.

What I am saying is that We'll see if Polamalu is going to able to freelance as much without a top knotch FS behind him. Hope allowed Troy to roam the box.

I know that Williams isn't Ed Reed in Coverage. But he does bring it in the box. He is a Big Play Safety who gambles in coverage.
__________________
I am a complete and unabashed Romosexual.
5RINGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 03:01 PM   #55
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 17,427
Re: If you don't like Roy Williams you'll love this article

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RINGS
You know,

No way Roy makes it as a LB in the 3/4. Too Small. Roy has a good first step and good instincts and he is a Big time Hitter. He isn't an instinctive Coverage Strong Safety.

BUT...

If we look at the Roy Williams who had Darren Woodson playing FS and the Roy Williams who had Keith Davis playing FS I think there is a difference. Davis is a first time starter and Roy didn't have the luxury of a quality FS to work with.

I want to see how Mr Polamalu does this year without Chris Hope at FS.
I don't know your opinion on the whole Taylor vs. Williams argument, but with that reasoning, it would suggest that Taylor is far superior to Williams in that regard. Taylor has had nothing but below-average overachieving safeties surrounding him.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 03:22 PM   #56
Closet Redskins Fan
 
5RINGS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 495
Re: If you don't like Roy Williams you'll love this article

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection
I don't know your opinion on the whole Taylor vs. Williams argument, but with that reasoning, it would suggest that Taylor is far superior to Williams in that regard. Taylor has had nothing but below-average overachieving safeties surrounding him.

I didn't want to go there because I can't say a bad word about Taylor on the field.

Yes he is probably a better FS than Roy is a SS.

The U puts out quality on the field players no doubt.

Mind you if Roy goes into Free agancy and doesn't resign, pairing him with Taylor would be murder in the East.

Dallas might not sign him. He is looking for Ed Reed Money at least is what I have read.



The Skins have been known to give up a few extra dollars for player it felt was needed, and he is in a totally different class than archeuleta.

Could Happen.....
__________________
I am a complete and unabashed Romosexual.
5RINGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 03:26 PM   #57
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 17,427
Re: If you don't like Roy Williams you'll love this article

I have to say, that response moved you up quite a few notches in my book for a Cowboy's fan. Most Cowboys fans pop the biggest boners for him and he has talent without a doubt, but he is far from the Jesus Christ of safety as many a Cowboy fan has anointed him.

Too bad we already signed our Roy Williams in Archuleta.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 03:32 PM   #58
Special Teams
 
number21isabadman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Oregon
Age: 28
Posts: 157
Re: If you don't like Roy Williams you'll love this article

i dont know about that one, i dont think i'd like the idea of roy williams in a redskins jersey getting burnt by like terry glenn or another cowboy reciever.
number21isabadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 03:33 PM   #59
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 17,427
Re: If you don't like Roy Williams you'll love this article

Terry Glenn will be retired by the time that happens. All of the above being said, I'd rather have Roy over Archuleta coverage-wise. The beauty part of this all is the fact we aren't paying Archuleta to be a coverage safety. He's going to be the Roy Williams of our team. He's there for run stuffing and light coverage duty.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 03:41 PM   #60
Special Teams
 
number21isabadman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Oregon
Age: 28
Posts: 157
Re: If you don't like Roy Williams you'll love this article

well speaking of safetys, the next great safety to come from miami is named kenny phillips. Hits like sean talor and can cover like mike huff.
number21isabadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28231 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25