Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Foxsports Wide Receiver/Tight End Rankings

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2006, 10:57 AM   #16
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: Foxsports Wide Receiver/Tight End Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by 724Skinsfan
Terry "Where's Sean Taylor" Glenn led the league in yards per catch as well as dumps per pants.
hahahaa
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-16-2006, 11:02 AM   #17
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: Foxsports Wide Receiver/Tight End Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo395
Randle El might be a #3 receiver, but no way Lloyd is. I think it is amazing that he put up those numbers with quarterbacks who were that bad. Hey remember when Lloyd put up 142 and 2 tds week 3 against the cowboys. Then he had Alex Smith starting 7 games and Cody Pickett starting 2 games...so thats 9 games where its pretty much not possible to do well. Lloyd still had 2 other 100 yard games when he didn't have these two terrible qbs. He was also the only receiving threat that they had, so he always had the best people covering him. He is definitely a legitimate #2 receiver, which is all that he has to be.

People also said that Moss was only a #3 receiver.
Exactly Moss had one decent season with the NYJ, and after that people considered he was washed up, etc. If you remember the trade with Coles, every Skins fan was pissed and unsure about Moss. The media gave the SKins and Danny Boy alotta shit for such a bad trade. But Gibbs saw potential and I guess that is all that really matters. He saw potential with Lloyd, because of his good performance with shitty QB's. If you compare the Lloyd pickup to getting Moss last year, the Lloyd pickup looks much better at this point in time, so hopefully Lloyd will blossom into a good reciever for our system.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 11:24 AM   #18
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: Foxsports Wide Receiver/Tight End Rankings

Another idiotic comment from a Fox guy.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5...T=HCP&GT1=8393

I guess that Fox has no clue that Gibbs was an offensive innovator back in the day and that Saunders and Gibbs are from the same tree.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 11:59 AM   #19
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: Foxsports Wide Receiver/Tight End Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim21Reaper
Another idiotic comment from a Fox guy.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5...T=HCP&GT1=8393

I guess that Fox has no clue that Gibbs was an offensive innovator back in the day and that Saunders and Gibbs are from the same tree.
What the hell is he talking about here? :

"New England Patriots -- Replacing kicker Adam Vinatieri with Martin Gramatica may be the strategic equivalent of subbing Guillermo Mota for Jonathan Papelbon."

Can someone tell me who the hell Guillermo Mota and Jonathan Papelbon are? You're right. This guy made absolutely no sense.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 12:05 PM   #20
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: Foxsports Wide Receiver/Tight End Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven
What the hell is he talking about here? :

"New England Patriots -- Replacing kicker Adam Vinatieri with Martin Gramatica may be the strategic equivalent of subbing Guillermo Mota for Jonathan Papelbon."

Can someone tell me who the hell Guillermo Mota and Jonathan Papelbon are? You're right. This guy made absolutely no sense.
Yeah this idiot is just dropping random metaphors bc he thinks that makes him sound cool, but instead he is coming off as a total tool.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 12:43 PM   #21
Closet Redskins Fan
 
5RINGS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 495
Re: Foxsports Wide Receiver/Tight End Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim21Reaper
This is one of the worst articles that I have ever seen. I think the Chinese are hacking our sights again.

Seattle second? KC 7th? (I didn't really see "ageless Eddie Kennison" did I?) San Diego 5th? New England 10th? Are they ranking running games?

Let's get serious.

I would rather have a probowl wide out than tight end. Seattle and New England have neither.


Here is my top 10:

1. Indy - Marvin, Reggie, Stokely, Clark Their QB makes them "Simply the best"
2. Dallas - T.O., Glenn, Witten, Crayton is pretty strong (Glenn will come back to earth this year but T.O. will make up the difference).
3. Washington - Moss, Lloyd, Cooley, Randle-El. Probably the most balanced attack in football.
4. Arizona - Fitz, Boldin, Johnson, Pope. The first two are sickening. The last two make you vomit.
5. Carolina - All World Steve Smith, Meshawn, Colbert and Carter.
6. Rams - Touchdown Torry Holt, Bruce, Curtis. All three produce.
7. Cincy - Chad, Housh, & #8749942 (Henry).
8. Oakland - Why is everyone anti-Moss? He is the best in the game when healthy and luckily Porter was hit so hard by Taylor that he forgot to be afraid to go over the middle.
9. G-men - Burress, Shockey, Toomer - Not too bad.
10. Seahawks - Jackson, Burleson, Engram Stevens. Good on paper but let me know when all four will be healthy enough to start in the same game.
This list makes a lot of sense.

If Arizona gets anything from a TE then they rocket up to #1.Maybe the Rams should be #2 - a bunch of proven guys there...
I think the Giants and the seahawks should be lower. Plex is overrated. Shockey is a Top 5 TE nothing more.

Seattle drops passes. Without the tough Jurivicious, I think they just keep dropping tough passes.
__________________
I am a complete and unabashed Romosexual.
5RINGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 12:58 PM   #22
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: Foxsports Wide Receiver/Tight End Rankings

I'd have to question the Rams being ranked that high. Holt is amongst the very best in the league, but Isaac Bruce has plummetted from the top. In '99 and 2000 they were the top tandem by far. But Bruce is nothing like he used to be. Add to that a questionable quarterback situation with the glass-like Marc Bulger throwing to them, and you'll see the Rams slip back to the bottom of the NFL.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 12:58 PM   #23
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Foxsports Wide Receiver/Tight End Rankings

Quote:
Here's the roll call:
The New York Giants, losers of Super Bowl XXXV, finished 7-9 in 2001.
The St. Louis Rams, losers of Super Bowl XXXVI, finished 7-9 in 2002.
The Oakland Raiders, decisive losers of Super Bowl XXXVII, finished 6-10 in 2003.
The Carolina Panthers, losers of Super Bowl XXXVIII, finished 7-9 in 2004.
The Philadelphia Eagles, losers of Super Bowl XXXIX, finished 6-10 in 2005.
The Raiders were 4-12 that year. And definately didn't lose any more "decisively" then the Giants did in 2000. This article isn't even accurate.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 01:02 PM   #24
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: Foxsports Wide Receiver/Tight End Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012
The Raiders were 4-12 that year. And definately didn't lose any more "decisively" then the Giants did in 2000. This article isn't even accurate.
We seem to be getting a lot of that from football writers this offseason. Who was it that recently said the Redskins win over the Bucs was their first playoff win since 1992?
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 01:14 PM   #25
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,247
Re: Foxsports Wide Receiver/Tight End Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim21Reaper
This is one of the worst articles that I have ever seen. I think the Chinese are hacking our sights again.

Seattle second? KC 7th? (I didn't really see "ageless Eddie Kennison" did I?) San Diego 5th? New England 10th? Are they ranking running games?

Let's get serious.

I would rather have a probowl wide out than tight end. Seattle and New England have neither.


Here is my top 10:

1. Indy - Marvin, Reggie, Stokely, Clark Their QB makes them "Simply the best"
2. Dallas - T.O., Glenn, Witten, Crayton is pretty strong (Glenn will come back to earth this year but T.O. will make up the difference).
3. Washington - Moss, Lloyd, Cooley, Randle-El. Probably the most balanced attack in football.
4. Arizona - Fitz, Boldin, Johnson, Pope. The first two are sickening. The last two make you vomit.
5. Carolina - All World Steve Smith, Meshawn, Colbert and Carter.
6. Rams - Touchdown Torry Holt, Bruce, Curtis. All three produce.
7. Cincy - Chad, Housh, & #8749942 (Henry).
8. Oakland - Why is everyone anti-Moss? He is the best in the game when healthy and luckily Porter was hit so hard by Taylor that he forgot to be afraid to go over the middle.
9. G-men - Burress, Shockey, Toomer - Not too bad.
10. Seahawks - Jackson, Burleson, Engram Stevens. Good on paper but let me know when all four will be healthy enough to start in the same game.
I would have to agree with you except for Oakland ,I don't care what anyone says Moss(Randy) is a quitter and any team that has him is worse off for it !.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 01:42 PM   #26
The Starter
 
wolfeskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: chesapeake,va.
Posts: 2,160
Re: Foxsports Wide Receiver/Tight End Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RINGS
Why not?

TO is top four - even if you can't stand him you can't name four better WR in the L.



1-marvin harrison
2-chad johnson
3-steve smith
4-santana moss

i'd take any of those 4 over T.O

until last year, randy moss, was also considered better than T.O
__________________
Hail to Allen/Shanahan .... bring in some baby hogs and load up on diesel fuel !!! (budw38)
wolfeskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 01:52 PM   #27
Closet Redskins Fan
 
5RINGS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 495
Re: Foxsports Wide Receiver/Tight End Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeskins
1-marvin harrison
2-chad johnson
3-steve smith
4-santana moss

i'd take any of those 4 over T.O

until last year, randy moss, was also considered better than T.O
Harrison isn't even the best WR on his team anymore.
Chad Johnson is getting into the top 5 but he is not there yet.
No arguement on steve smith
Santana Moss has had one (1) year at the Top 5 level. If he can continue to play at that level, he is top 5 no doubt. But he needs to show more than one year.

Reggie Wayne
Torry Holt
Steve Smith
TO

Coming up fast behind those four are,
Randy Moss
Santana Moss
Chad Johnson
Fitzgerald
__________________
I am a complete and unabashed Romosexual.
5RINGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 01:53 PM   #28
The Starter
 
steveo395's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,674
Re: Foxsports Wide Receiver/Tight End Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone
I would have to agree with you except for Oakland ,I don't care what anyone says Moss(Randy) is a quitter and any team that has him is worse off for it !.
you're just mad because you have the worst moss in the league
__________________

steveo395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 02:09 PM   #29
Closet Redskins Fan
 
5RINGS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 495
Re: Foxsports Wide Receiver/Tight End Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RINGS
Harrison isn't even the best WR on his team anymore.
Chad Johnson is getting into the top 5 but he is not there yet.
No arguement on steve smith
Santana Moss has had one (1) year at the Top 5 level. If he can continue to play at that level, he is top 5 no doubt. But he needs to show more than one year.

Reggie Wayne
Torry Holt
Steve Smith
TO

Coming up fast behind those four are,
Randy Moss
Santana Moss
Chad Johnson
Fitzgerald
I looked at this list again and I thought that it is really hard to pick a top four. I don't have Boldin in there, I don't have Harrison there.

Really it is Smith first then a pack of about 10 players
johnson
TO
Moss
Moss
Fitz
Boldin
Harrison
Wayne
Holt
Ward

After Smith, it is easy to make a case for almost all of those guys for 2-4.
__________________
I am a complete and unabashed Romosexual.
5RINGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 02:22 PM   #30
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,521
Re: Foxsports Wide Receiver/Tight End Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RINGS
This list makes a lot of sense.

If Arizona gets anything from a TE then they rocket up to #1.Maybe the Rams should be #2 - a bunch of proven guys there...
I think the Giants and the seahawks should be lower. Plex is overrated. Shockey is a Top 5 TE nothing more.

Seattle drops passes. Without the tough Jurivicious, I think they just keep dropping tough passes.
Jurevicius went to the Browns
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32066 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25