Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Overrated/Underrated

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Overrated Redskins
LaVar Arrington 8 28.57%
Chris Samuels 13 46.43%
Other (explain) 8 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2004, 08:45 PM   #31
Playmaker
 
Redskins8588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ridgway, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 2,519
smootsmack, My bad on that, your right I meant Norwood. Also I think you get my point. But I never compared him to Joe Montana. Does he have the ability to be that good? Maybe, but I agree it is too early to tell.

SKINSnCANES, if they are as good as you say with Brady, then why didn't they do much in the 2002 season? With the exception of some players the Pats were pretty much the same team.
Redskins8588 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-20-2004, 10:22 PM   #32
Special Teams
 
hi-jinx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Memphis
Age: 39
Posts: 180
Ya kow quite a few of us think Lavar may be overrated and/or overpaid. I would love to see a poll along those lines.(hint, hint)
hi-jinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 10:34 PM   #33
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,295
2 rings in his first 4 seasons is a hell of a start for Brady. Another ring and the Montana comparisons will really start flying. He's got alot of ball left to go.
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 11:23 PM   #34
Impact Rookie
 
Drift Reality's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 506
Overrated - Keyshawn Johnson. This guy doesn't get any separation any longer (except against us last year) and talks way too much for someone who isn't much of a playmaker. He is a good possession receiver, but that's about it.
Drift Reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 12:15 AM   #35
Impact Rookie
 
PSUskinsfan11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: the port, PA
Age: 29
Posts: 692
Wow I can't wait till LaVar has an amazing year back at the weakside and all of you haters are eating your words.
PSUskinsfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 07:24 AM   #36
Playmaker
 
BrudLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rehoboth Beach, DE
Posts: 3,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins8588
Jeff George is a bum, that was the worst move the redskins ever made!!! Jeff George is the only QB that spells TEAM with an I!!! I should have added that the great QB will also care about the team first. Jeff George is probably the only exception.

Tom Brady did indeed lead the drives to allow Vinatieri to make the field goals, but when Vinatieri went on the field to both times all the presure, the season, and even maybe his career were on the line with those GAME WINNING kicks.

Look at what happened to Steve Cristie(sp) when he missed the field goal that would have let the Bills beat the Giants in the super bowl, he went down hill after that, even though it was Jim Kelly, now in the hall of fame, that led the drive to allow him to attempt that kick. The Bills whole season came down to how good there kicker was, and not who led the drive.

QUESTION: With out Vinatieri do the Pats still win the Super Bowl both or even 1 time?
I think they probably win both. In the first Pats win, Vinatieri did hit the game winner with time expiring - but the score was tied at the time. I remember Madden saying that the Pats shouldn't be trying, and should just prepare for OT. So it was a great clutch kick, but the game was in play if he missed it, which has to reduce the pressure.

Lost in last year's heroics, was the truly average season and post season Vinatieri had. He was a 73 percent kicker during the season, and was 7 for 10 in the post-season. We've run guys out on a rail for less. Vinatieri is in a great situation where his teammates have faith in him, and his contract provides job security. He's also on a team which gives him the chance to make Super Bowl winning kicks - something that 30 other kickers in the league each year would love to try.
__________________
There's nowhere to go but up. Or down. I guess we could stay where we are, too.
BrudLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 07:58 AM   #37
Playmaker
 
Redskins8588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ridgway, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 2,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
2 rings in his first 4 seasons is a hell of a start for Brady. Another ring and the Montana comparisons will really start flying. He's got alot of ball left to go.
sounds like in your opinion Brady was the reason for the Pats going and winning both super bowls, you don't think that the defense had anything to do with Brady getting 2 rings in his first 4 seasons?

BrudLee - "He's also on a team which gives him the chance to make Super Bowl winning kicks - something that 30 other kickers in the league each year would love to try."

You are right 30 other kickers in the league each year would love to try to kick the GAME WINNING field goal, but IMO there are only a handful of kickers that could do that with all the pressure and Vinatieri is IMO probably the best clutch kicker in the game. If he misses that GAME WINNING kick 2 years ago against the Raiders the Pats do not go on and win the super bowl.
Redskins8588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 08:31 AM   #38
Playmaker
 
BrudLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rehoboth Beach, DE
Posts: 3,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins8588
BrudLee - "He's also on a team which gives him the chance to make Super Bowl winning kicks - something that 30 other kickers in the league each year would love to try."

You are right 30 other kickers in the league each year would love to try to kick the GAME WINNING field goal, but IMO there are only a handful of kickers that could do that with all the pressure and Vinatieri is IMO probably the best clutch kicker in the game. If he misses that GAME WINNING kick 2 years ago against the Raiders the Pats do not go on and win the super bowl.
No doubt 8588, he's in the top three or four in his profession. I just don't think he's the main reason the Pats won those championships, which some previous posts semmed to alude to. The defense, some clutch passing to smart receivers (get out of bounds!!!), and great special teams play were all part of the winning equation.
__________________
There's nowhere to go but up. Or down. I guess we could stay where we are, too.
BrudLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 08:35 AM   #39
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins8588
sounds like in your opinion Brady was the reason for the Pats going and winning both super bowls, you don't think that the defense had anything to do with Brady getting 2 rings in his first 4 seasons?

BrudLee - "He's also on a team which gives him the chance to make Super Bowl winning kicks - something that 30 other kickers in the league each year would love to try."

You are right 30 other kickers in the league each year would love to try to kick the GAME WINNING field goal, but IMO there are only a handful of kickers that could do that with all the pressure and Vinatieri is IMO probably the best clutch kicker in the game. If he misses that GAME WINNING kick 2 years ago against the Raiders the Pats do not go on and win the super bowl.
Sounds like you're not giving any credit at all to Brady. The first SB win I can see your point a bit more, but Brady has definitely proved that he's a big-time QB capable of taking his team all the way. I'm not saying Brady was the only reason for their two SB wins, but he was a big part of it.

Of course defense had something to do with it, but what team doesn't win the SB without a solid team effort across the board, defense, ST, etc.??

I give alot of credit to Vinatieri, he's definitely a clutch kicker, but I just have a hard time giving more credit for two championship seasons to a kicker over a QB.
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 01:18 PM   #40
Special Teams
 
skin4Life28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Raleigh, NC
Age: 27
Posts: 447
I love Lavar and his energy that he brings to the game. I would have to say so far he has not really proven anything yet. He doesnt even have a 100 tackle season. For those who are saying Urlacher is overrated are crazy. The man has had in all of his four seasons 100 plus tackles. If you compare the two players you tell me who has done more.
skin4Life28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 01:55 PM   #41
Impact Rookie
 
SkinsRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Crofton, MD
Age: 44
Posts: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by skin4Life28
I love Lavar and his energy that he brings to the game. I would have to say so far he has not really proven anything yet. He doesnt even have a 100 tackle season. For those who are saying Urlacher is overrated are crazy. The man has had in all of his four seasons 100 plus tackles. If you compare the two players you tell me who has done more.
You can't compare an outside LB with a middle LB on stats alone. A MLB almost always has more tackles. Trotter had over 100 last year, and he's being cut.
That said, I agree that LaVar definitely has not lived up to his potential yet, but IMO he's not overrated. Neither is Samuels, he has just had two years of nagging injuries combined with an awful scheme.

I think both of them will really come in to their own with the new coaching staff....especially next year with a season under their belts. And that pretty much goes for the entire team.
SkinsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 04:34 PM   #42
Pro Bowl
 
SKINSnCANES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: New Jersey
Age: 32
Posts: 5,413
The Pats dont win the Super Bowl with Bledsoe for one reason, Brady is a lot smarter. Drew has the cannon but Brady makes a lot of smart decisions and plays to his strenths.
__________________
"I'm used to winning, coming from the University of Miami. " Clinton Portis
SKINSnCANES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 04:37 PM   #43
Pro Bowl
 
SKINSnCANES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: New Jersey
Age: 32
Posts: 5,413
This is going to make a lot of people mad but I think the most overrated Redskin is Fred Smoot. With Fred there always seems to be a lot of excuses, such as he gets the ball thrown his way more because peopel dont throw against Bailey. Well the fact is that he has had the ball thrown his way more, and he goes for the pick more than he goes for the smart play and gets burnt a lot. Im not doubting his ability to be a leader, hes definitly the voice of our defense right now. But in terms of his skills I think there are more reasons why he hasnt been great instaed of proff why he is. If we didnt get springs and if Smoot was playing the starting wide out I think we'd get burnt everyweek.
__________________
"I'm used to winning, coming from the University of Miami. " Clinton Portis
SKINSnCANES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 04:38 PM   #44
Playmaker
 
Redskins8588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ridgway, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 2,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrudLee
No doubt 8588, he's in the top three or four in his profession. I just don't think he's the main reason the Pats won those championships, which some previous posts semmed to alude to. The defense, some clutch passing to smart receivers (get out of bounds!!!), and great special teams play were all part of the winning equation.
You are right it was a combination of special teams and haveing receivers that knew where they were on the field and able to get out of bounds. My point that I am trying to make here is that MVP stands for MOST VALUABLE PLAYER. As for Vinatieri being the main reason the Pats won those super bowls, I will agree that it was not just him. With that IMO Vinatieri should have still ben the MVP of that game, it all came down to his kick in that last seconds of the most important game of the season. If Brady threw the game winning touchdown then yes I could see how he would be considered the MVP.

Look at Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, look at what missing a GAME WINNING field goal can do to a kicker.
Redskins8588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 04:40 PM   #45
Pro Bowl
 
SKINSnCANES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: New Jersey
Age: 32
Posts: 5,413
lol. I love that movie.
__________________
"I'm used to winning, coming from the University of Miami. " Clinton Portis
SKINSnCANES is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30125 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25