Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Le Newest Redskin.

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2006, 06:08 PM   #1
The Starter
 
MightyJoeGibbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: B-More, the backdoor for the Redskins Community
Age: 35
Posts: 1,087
Le Newest Redskin.

On the Larry Michaels show today, they announced the Redskins have added another LB hopeful who hails from NFL Europe. He is a French guy Felipe Gardon #47 with the Cologne- maybe spelled wrong. Randy Thomas stopped by, Redskin Park seems to be his kitchen, then they announced we will get to see him at camp. They all laughed of course b/c he was French. I dont know when this became official and I dont know why with the stock pile of LB we have. Hopefully something is not wrong with any current guys. Alot of speculation in this but it was announced as official news.
MightyJoeGibbs is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-25-2006, 06:12 PM   #2
Mr. Brightside
 
Big C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sterling, VA
Age: 28
Posts: 4,444
Re: Le Newest Redskin.

probably wont make it past pre-season
__________________
"I don't care what nobody say I'm a be me, stay hood stay real, cause I'm out here grindin'" -Joe Gibbs
Big C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 06:13 PM   #3
Special Teams
 
Hail2theskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Herndon, VA
Age: 29
Posts: 488
Re: Le Newest Redskin.

a froggy playing for the skins? i dont like the sound of that, seems to me he'd wave the white flag after one loss....
__________________
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!
LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!!!
Hail2theskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 06:25 PM   #4
Special Teams
 
Red Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Charlotte, NC
Age: 45
Posts: 306
Re: Le Newest Redskin.

Has there ever been a French guy successful in the league?
__________________
I am tired of being a special teams ace, but I really have nothing to say.
Red Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 06:35 PM   #5
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,438
Re: Le Newest Redskin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyJoeGibbs
On the Larry Michaels show today, they announced the Redskins have added another LB hopeful who hails from NFL Europe. He is a French guy Felipe Gardon #47 with the Cologne- maybe spelled wrong. Randy Thomas stopped by, Redskin Park seems to be his kitchen, then they announced we will get to see him at camp. They all laughed of course b/c he was French. I dont know when this became official and I dont know why with the stock pile of LB we have. Hopefully something is not wrong with any current guys. Alot of speculation in this but it was announced as official news.
Meaningless addition. Guys like Khary Campbell, Spencer Havner, and Robert McCune are the ones who are in a serious dogfight for roster spots at LB. This guy doesn't stand a chance, just another body in camp if you ask me.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 08:07 PM   #6
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,354
Re: Le Newest Redskin.

he was actually mentioned over a month ago on one of those audio webcasts.

he's an NFL europe exemption, so he doesn't count against the 80 man limit right now. he's not abolutely terrible, but his odds of making the team are nearly nil with havner and mccune already here.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 11:29 PM   #7
The Starter
 
MightyJoeGibbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: B-More, the backdoor for the Redskins Community
Age: 35
Posts: 1,087
Re: Le Newest Redskin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10
Meaningless addition. Guys like Khary Campbell, Spencer Havner, and Robert McCune are the ones who are in a serious dogfight for roster spots at LB. This guy doesn't stand a chance, just another body in camp if you ask me.

HAHAHA Sweep the leg. Classic.

"Put him in a bodybag Johnny, HAHAHA."
MightyJoeGibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 02:58 AM   #8
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: Le Newest Redskin.

Man, I hate how people ride off the underdog...you never know if the guy has talent and a big heart.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 05:32 AM   #9
The Starter
 
backrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: 36.28 x 76.22
Age: 63
Posts: 1,812
Re: Le Newest Redskin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1
Man, I hate how people ride off the underdog...you never know if the guy has talent and a big heart.

What??? He's French!!!
__________________
'37, '42, '83, '88, '92. Championship!
backrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 09:50 AM   #10
Playmaker
 
BrudLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rehoboth Beach, DE
Posts: 3,494
Re: Le Newest Redskin.

I honestly hope he makes the team, the jokes would flow like fine wine.

"We're down 10 - look for Gordon to collabarate with the enemy."

"Look at that hit Gordon laid on that guy! He must have used the wrong fork in the pregame meal."

"You can't miss that block, Gordon! Snide remarks and clove cigarettes aren't going to win this game!"

And so on, and so forth.
__________________
There's nowhere to go but up. Or down. I guess we could stay where we are, too.
BrudLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 10:06 AM   #11
Special Teams
 
Hail2theskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Herndon, VA
Age: 29
Posts: 488
Re: Le Newest Redskin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrudLee

"We're down 10 - look for Gordon to collabarate with the enemy."
hahahahahaha couldnt have said it any better
__________________
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!
LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!!!
Hail2theskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 11:05 AM   #12
Special Teams
 
TheInspector's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Tampa, Florida
Age: 33
Posts: 194
Re: Le Newest Redskin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrudLee
I honestly hope he makes the team, the jokes would flow like fine wine.

"We're down 10 - look for Gordon to collabarate with the enemy."

"Look at that hit Gordon laid on that guy! He must have used the wrong fork in the pregame meal."

"You can't miss that block, Gordon! Snide remarks and clove cigarettes aren't going to win this game!"

And so on, and so forth.
Brilliant!
__________________
"Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."
-Vince Lombardi
TheInspector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 11:21 AM   #13
The Starter
 
backrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: 36.28 x 76.22
Age: 63
Posts: 1,812
Re: Le Newest Redskin.

During the Revolutionary War, a French captive of the Redcoats asked why they wore Red.

The reply by the British lad, was "We wear red so the blood doesn't show".

The French captive somehow escaped later and told his fellow French men.

Shortly thereafter, all Frenchmen were wearing brown pants!
__________________
'37, '42, '83, '88, '92. Championship!
backrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 11:56 AM   #14
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Le Newest Redskin.

I hope he's not colorblind because if he is, his French instincts will tell him to run home and hide the first time he sees a penalty flag.
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 11:56 AM   #15
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Le Newest Redskin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by backrow
During the Revolutionary War, a French captive of the Redcoats asked why they wore Red.

The reply by the British lad, was "We wear red so the blood doesn't show".

The French captive somehow escaped later and told his fellow French men.

Shortly thereafter, all Frenchmen were wearing brown pants!

Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27706 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25