Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Hall Of Fame: Vomit Inducing

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2006, 09:20 AM   #31
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,817
Re: Hall Of Fame: Vomit Inducing

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish
Not only would they never let someone into the "pro football" HOF based on numbers in any pro league besides the NFL, the HOF does not even mention that any other pro leagues (USFL, WFL, CFL) even exist or existed. I was shocked when I went a few years ago and saw that omission. The HOF needs to be renames the NFL HOF because it ignores all non-NFL pro football.
That's not entirely true, they do acknowledge the other leagues and accomplishments from those leagues. Sure they don't weigh those other leagues and accomplishments as heavily as they do the NFL, but it's not like they act like the other leagues don't exist.

Warren Moon Enshrinement Feature - Pro Football Hall of Fame

And his HOF profile

Member - Pro Football Hall of Fame
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-08-2006, 09:49 AM   #32
Camp Scrub
 
Ric-va-redskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 20
Re: Hall Of Fame: Vomit Inducing

Speaking of vomit inducing:

Troy Aikman credits Norv Turner with getting him to the Hall and calls him the
'Big brother I never had'
__________________
"I know we don't have any Dallas people here -- they are the ugliest people in the world.
Ric-va-redskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 09:56 AM   #33
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 7,983
Re: Hall Of Fame: Vomit Inducing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric-va-redskins
Speaking of vomit inducing:

Troy Aikman credits Norv Turner with getting him to the Hall and calls him the
'Big brother I never had'
Somewhere, Troy's older brother, Terrance, has a single tear rolling down his cheek right now.
__________________
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." The Dude
ArtMonkDrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 10:32 AM   #34
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,630
Re: Hall Of Fame: Vomit Inducing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
That's not entirely true, they do acknowledge the other leagues and accomplishments from those leagues. Sure they don't weigh those other leagues and accomplishments as heavily as they do the NFL, but it's not like they act like the other leagues don't exist.

Warren Moon Enshrinement Feature - Pro Football Hall of Fame

And his HOF profile

Member - Pro Football Hall of Fame
I'm not surprised they mention other pro league teams in a players bio but that's more ot of necessity. What I was getting at is if you go to the HOF there are no displays (that I noticed) on any pro league except the NFL. There is stuff about really old football like when Jim Thorpe was playing but that stuff lead up to the NFL. I was expecting (and hoping) to see stuff on the WFL, USFL, and CFL but found nothing. That was the one aspect of the HOF I was disappointed in.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 10:45 AM   #35
Camp Scrub
 
Ric-va-redskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 20
Re: Hall Of Fame: Vomit Inducing

This was a great quote explaining why Monk should already be in the HOF:

Thomas Loverro, Washington Times

"He embodied the old school, and for that alone he should be enshrined so that when a father takes his son through the Hall of Fame, he can say, "Son, here is a man who once caught 106 passes in a season when no one was catching 100 passes. Here was a man who caught a pass in 183 straight games. And not once did he ever pull a cell phone out to make a call after any of those catches."
__________________
"I know we don't have any Dallas people here -- they are the ugliest people in the world.
Ric-va-redskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 01:13 PM   #36
The Starter
 
steveo395's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,674
Re: Hall Of Fame: Vomit Inducing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric-va-redskins
This was a great quote explaining why Monk should already be in the HOF:

Thomas Loverro, Washington Times

"He embodied the old school, and for that alone he should be enshrined so that when a father takes his son through the Hall of Fame, he can say, "Son, here is a man who once caught 106 passes in a season when no one was catching 100 passes. Here was a man who caught a pass in 183 straight games. And not once did he ever pull a cell phone out to make a call after any of those catches."
not that he would have done this anyway, but he would have looked pretty stupid tearing out one of these after a play
__________________

steveo395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 01:24 PM   #37
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,817
Re: Hall Of Fame: Vomit Inducing

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish
I'm not surprised they mention other pro league teams in a players bio but that's more ot of necessity. What I was getting at is if you go to the HOF there are no displays (that I noticed) on any pro league except the NFL. There is stuff about really old football like when Jim Thorpe was playing but that stuff lead up to the NFL. I was expecting (and hoping) to see stuff on the WFL, USFL, and CFL but found nothing. That was the one aspect of the HOF I was disappointed in.
gotcha
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 01:25 PM   #38
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,678
Re: Hall Of Fame: Vomit Inducing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz
Somewhere, Troy's older brother, Terrance, has a single tear rolling down his cheek right now.
Haha....but imagine how poor Norv felt when he had to hear Troy tell him "I like you....like a brother" Damn near broke his heart
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 01:26 PM   #39
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 17,537
Re: Hall Of Fame: Vomit Inducing

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA! Zack Morris!
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 02:12 PM   #40
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 7,983
Re: Hall Of Fame: Vomit Inducing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS
Haha....but imagine how poor Norv felt when he had to hear Troy tell him "I like you....like a brother" Damn near broke his heart
Norv got his hopes up for a second, because you know that through all those years in dallas norval thought, "if I didn't have these pox marks troy would really like me."

By the way, I made up the part about troy having a brother.
__________________
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." The Dude
ArtMonkDrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 03:55 PM   #41
Playmaker
 
gibbsisgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: 129 W 81st street
Age: 35
Posts: 3,503
Re: Hall Of Fame: Vomit Inducing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz
Norv got his hopes up for a second, because you know that through all those years in dallas norval thought, "if I didn't have these pox marks troy would really like me."

By the way, I made up the part about troy having a brother.
i thought so, i think he has 2 sisters and his 3 children are also all girls. he must feel so left out.
gibbsisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 04:03 PM   #42
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: Hall Of Fame: Vomit Inducing

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsisgod
i thought so, i think he has 2 sisters and his 3 children are also all girls. he must feel so left out.
Just proof that God hates the Cowboys and that stupid hole in the roof...
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 04:04 PM   #43
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 17,537
Re: Hall Of Fame: Vomit Inducing

Yeah, that roof looks like Chuck Norris roundhoused it.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 04:06 PM   #44
Playmaker
 
gibbsisgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: 129 W 81st street
Age: 35
Posts: 3,503
Re: Hall Of Fame: Vomit Inducing

i always liked to think of it as gods toilet
gibbsisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 04:09 PM   #45
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 17,537
Re: Hall Of Fame: Vomit Inducing

And the players as little turds?
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32018 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25