Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


What did you think about NBC game coverage???

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2006, 02:17 AM   #1
The Starter
 
RedskinPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Camino,Ca
Posts: 1,174
What did you think about NBC game coverage???

It was ok at best. CBS did better job. Man the way they went on about Carson Palmer I thought they only thing they needed was a camera up his a@#!!! Having four guys at the haft is also over kill. But dose any one do a better job then Fox? So what did you think?
RedskinPete is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-14-2006, 02:33 AM   #2
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: What did you think about NBC game coverage???

I got annoyed by all the talk about Palmer. However, they're in the entertainment business and that was the "sexiest" story with the broadest appeal that they had to work with. They never really cover the preseason games all that well.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 02:35 AM   #3
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,818
Re: What did you think about NBC game coverage???

I think it would be better if they had a hot sideline reporter, instead of that lady who looked really old. As for all the Carson Palmer coverage, it reminded me of that Bang Cartoon where Madden and Michaels analyzed Michael Vick taking a dump.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 02:51 AM   #4
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: What did you think about NBC game coverage???

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinPete View Post
It was ok at best. CBS did better job. Man the way they went on about Carson Palmer I thought they only thing they needed was a camera up his a@#!!! Having four guys at the haft is also over kill. But dose any one do a better job then Fox? So what did you think?

I liked it much better when the local network did the games with Bostic ad Riggins. It's good to note you took notice of all the talk about Carson Palmer because I was thinking the exact same thing. We had a player on the ground, injured, for more than a reasonable amount of time with no concern for the player, all the talk was about Palmer. I found it quite irratating, but I realized they were networking in Cincinatti.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 02:52 AM   #5
The Starter
 
dgack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The ATX (formerly Balmer)
Posts: 1,125
Re: What did you think about NBC game coverage???

With Favre on the verge of hanging it up, who else are they going to talk about?

It was pretty sickening though, when Clemons was down and they used that injury as a segue to talk about Palmer again. Good Christ, we're playing a football game here guys, in case you didn't notice...
dgack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 03:18 AM   #6
Thank You, Sean.
 
Gmanc711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Age: 28
Posts: 7,499
Re: What did you think about NBC game coverage???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
I got annoyed by all the talk about Palmer. However, they're in the entertainment business and that was the "sexiest" story with the broadest appeal that they had to work with. They never really cover the preseason games all that well.
Yeah the preseason games ussually get alot more of that "sexy fluff" because lets be honest, if it wasent the Redskins playing tonight, would any of us really have cared about anything going on after the 1st quarter? Even late into the game outside of the performance of a few people, I was kinda like "whatever" for the REDSKINS. Preseason is Preseason, so they try to jam whatever will matter once the regular season starts into the shows.
__________________
#21
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 07:04 AM   #7
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,515
Re: What did you think about NBC game coverage???

can anyone say bonnie bernstein or suzy colber? oh la la
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 08:31 AM   #8
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,655
Re: What did you think about NBC game coverage???

I thought the coverage was fair overall. The Palmer talk did get a little sickening after a while, but like some already said what else where they going to talk about? It's obviously a big storyline this preseason.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 09:22 AM   #9
The Starter
 
jbcjr14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Austin, Texas
Age: 44
Posts: 2,013
Re: What did you think about NBC game coverage???

I thought the coverage was good. The Palmer story was overdone, but hell its preseason and the play on the field was shotty at best.
__________________
"Work Harder: millions on welfare are counting on you" - Obama 2009 address to Congress.
jbcjr14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 09:30 AM   #10
Special Teams
 
gortiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 498
Re: What did you think about NBC game coverage???

how many times did madden say, "see that is what Carson is going to have to get use to"

I think the skins got more interesting story lines then Palmer
__________________
"If people are underestimating us," Jansen said, "there will be a rude awakening this year."
gortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 09:38 AM   #11
Playmaker
 
724Skinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 3,506
Re: What did you think about NBC game coverage???

I'd be willing to pay top dollar to have an automatic mute sensor whenever Chris Collinsworth speaks. Michaels and Madden are the same, I'm okay with them. Sideline reporting hopefully will get better.

Overall, I'd say not too bad. I hope the extra helping of Carson Palmer talk is indicative of the rest of the season.
__________________
"I hope I'm getting better. I hope you haven't seen my best." - Jim Zorn
724Skinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 10:43 AM   #12
Special Teams
 
superskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 218
Re: What did you think about NBC game coverage???

i'm going to vent kids leave the room or close your eyes now

every other word out of everyone who talked was carson palmer. John madden was like" blah blah carson palmer blah carson blah bla bla carson" the whole damn game.
i thought for a second that when santana and portis were interviewed they would say something like "were on the right track ,but man carson palmer, I just hope he comes back 100%".

terrible. and that stupid suzy ditzy colber askes some dumbass questions like "if portis can't go this season how will it affect you guys?" as soon as a heard that i said out loud are u f-ing serious. What does she expect them to say. "i think it would be great for us".
i think he will be able to go but, if portis cant play were fucked. if i was santana that is what i would of said.

also chris "reskin hater" collinsworth is a terrible commentater. should never be aloud near football ever. such an ass. when bettis was showing his ring he said "if carson hadn't gotten hurt your season would of ended right here" which might of been true, but he didn't even congradulate him or anything. at least not what i saw.

aaaahhhh!! glad i got that off my back
superskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 11:47 AM   #13
Special Teams
 
ChillWill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Age: 59
Posts: 151
Re: What did you think about NBC game coverage???

I can't stand to hear Suzy Colber. She talks way too much. What a pain.
ChillWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 11:48 AM   #14
The Starter
 
dblanch66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 48
Posts: 1,176
Re: What did you think about NBC game coverage???

Quote:
Originally Posted by superskins View Post
i'm going to vent kids leave the room or close your eyes now

every other word out of everyone who talked was carson palmer. John madden was like" blah blah carson palmer blah carson blah bla bla carson" the whole damn game.
i thought for a second that when santana and portis were interviewed they would say something like "were on the right track ,but man carson palmer, I just hope he comes back 100%".

terrible. and that stupid suzy ditzy colber askes some dumbass questions like "if portis can't go this season how will it affect you guys?" as soon as a heard that i said out loud are u f-ing serious. What does she expect them to say. "i think it would be great for us".
i think he will be able to go but, if portis cant play were fucked. if i was santana that is what i would of said.

also chris "reskin hater" collinsworth is a terrible commentater. should never be aloud near football ever. such an ass. when bettis was showing his ring he said "if carson hadn't gotten hurt your season would of ended right here" which might of been true, but he didn't even congradulate him or anything. at least not what i saw.

aaaahhhh!! glad i got that off my back
That wasn't Suzy Colber, it was "stupid ditzy" Andrea Kramer.
dblanch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 12:49 PM   #15
Special Teams
 
superskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 218
Re: What did you think about NBC game coverage???

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblanch66 View Post
That wasn't Suzy Colber, it was "stupid ditzy" Andrea Kramer.
whats the difference?
superskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27262 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25