Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


How did you discover this site?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2004, 12:12 PM   #16
Propane and propane accessories
 
JWsleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, TX
Age: 45
Posts: 4,590
Googled up several sites, and this was by far the best. ALL of you moderators are great!!!

(PS: if you want my vote in the poll, it'll be auctioned on ebay later this week )
__________________
Hail from Houston!
JWsleep is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-03-2004, 12:13 PM   #17
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,969
Do you have a buy it now option JW?
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 12:16 PM   #18
Propane and propane accessories
 
JWsleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, TX
Age: 45
Posts: 4,590
LOL. Maybe I should really do it. I do have some college loans to pay off...
__________________
Hail from Houston!
JWsleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 12:29 PM   #19
The Starter
 
backrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: 36.28 x 76.22
Age: 62
Posts: 1,812
Washington Post Link.

Washington Post link, I think! I've been in here a while, and I know more about the Redskins because of coming here.

I also like the clean look, and this is the most informative and knowledgeable site around. I do enjoy hailredskins.com for the mock draft links, however.

Without a doubt, Matty has my vote!

You know where I'll be,

In the backrow!
__________________
'37, '42, '83, '88, '92. Championship!
backrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 01:58 PM   #20
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
As I have bragged many times before, I was one of the original Warpath members back from the ol' Yahoo! Clubs days. I believe I joined around summer training camp time before the '99 season. Then Yahoo switched to the crappy Groups thing -- with all those annoying ads smack dabb in the middle of important posts -- and I had enough. Only after a hunch did I decide to Google it, (months later) to find out if Matty had started another club elsewhere.

Thank God he did. There is no better place to get my Redskin fix, and the long offseason is much easier to deal with. Nowhere else is the game of football and our devotion to the Redskins brilliantly discussed, and sometimes hotly debated, as the Warpath.

I would otherwise be in a drooling, hibernetic sports state were it not for this site and the great members who post and share their energetic and hardcore love for the Redskins.

Thanks to all the great work that's done here, and to the tireless effort of those who make it happen. Now, BRING ON THE PRESEASON!!!
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 02:22 PM   #21
Playmaker
 
BrudLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rehoboth Beach, DE
Posts: 3,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWsleep
Googled up several sites, and this was by far the best. ALL of you moderators are great!!!

(PS: if you want my vote in the poll, it'll be auctioned on ebay later this week )
Check the original post on the poll JWSleep - I've already kissed your ass.
__________________
There's nowhere to go but up. Or down. I guess we could stay where we are, too.
BrudLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 03:38 PM   #22
Impact Rookie
 
Skins fan 44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Brazil, IN
Age: 43
Posts: 883
It was when Gibbs got rehired and I was looking for everything or something new. I just happen to stumble on this site and thought I would share my views with other Skins fans.
__________________
HTTR!
Skins fan 44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 04:19 PM   #23
Special Teams
 
Dave Butz Baby!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Reston, VA
Age: 44
Posts: 450
I was initially commissioned by Queen Isabella find a new route to India for the spice trade. She set up me with three ships, the Nina, the Pinta, and the Santa Maria. After a treacherous three month journey, I finally discovered what I had been searching for, or so I believed. Believing that I had landed in India, I named the people I discovered "Redskins", which is the Portuguese word for "Eaters of Kidney Beans".

Imagine my surprise when I discovered that these were actually fava, not kidney beans that they were eating as I earlier had surmised. "Eaters Of Fava Beans" would have caused their name to not be "Redskins", but rather "Iggles".

Being that they had one fat cousin in South Philly (love her mustache!), my new moniker for them pissed them off royally. This hostility grew until they went on the "Warpath", which I was fortunate enough to witness and more fortunate to have barely survived.

As I am the first to document this ritual, the "Warpath" is therefore my discovery, so keep your grimy mitts off.

And that's a fact!



Oh wait. No, it's not a fact. It was through Yahoo in 2000 or so.
__________________
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Dave Butz Baby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 04:20 PM   #24
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,969
classic post DBB!
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 04:30 PM   #25
Special Teams
 
Dave Butz Baby!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Reston, VA
Age: 44
Posts: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
classic post DBB!
Thankyou, thankyouverymuch.

I'll be here all week at Holiday Inn Sheboygan's beautiful "Samba" room. Please remember to tip your waitresses and bartenders!
__________________
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Dave Butz Baby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 12:48 AM   #26
Pro Bowl
 
SKINSnCANES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: New Jersey
Age: 32
Posts: 5,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Butz Baby!
I was initially commissioned by Queen Isabella find a new route to India for the spice trade. She set up me with three ships, the Nina, the Pinta, and the Santa Maria. After a treacherous three month journey, I finally discovered what I had been searching for, or so I believed. Believing that I had landed in India, I named the people I discovered "Redskins", which is the Portuguese word for "Eaters of Kidney Beans".

Imagine my surprise when I discovered that these were actually fava, not kidney beans that they were eating as I earlier had surmised. "Eaters Of Fava Beans" would have caused their name to not be "Redskins", but rather "Iggles".

Being that they had one fat cousin in South Philly (love her mustache!), my new moniker for them pissed them off royally. This hostility grew until they went on the "Warpath", which I was fortunate enough to witness and more fortunate to have barely survived.

As I am the first to document this ritual, the "Warpath" is therefore my discovery, so keep your grimy mitts off.

And that's a fact!



Oh wait. No, it's not a fact. It was through Yahoo in 2000 or so.

lol, funny. I think I just used Yahoo because I wanted to find a redskisn message board. I wish I knew when all of your joined, as oppsed to February becuase you redid the board or whatever.
__________________
"I'm used to winning, coming from the University of Miami. " Clinton Portis
SKINSnCANES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 03:34 AM   #27
Propane and propane accessories
 
JWsleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, TX
Age: 45
Posts: 4,590
Mr Butz, that was classic.
__________________
Hail from Houston!
JWsleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 05:27 AM   #28
^21^
 
Luxorreb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Age: 42
Posts: 1,611
Found the WARPATH about 4 years ago in it's early stages and have been hooked on it every since. My brother exactly had a WARPTH license plate! I was collecting Skins SLU's at the time and have season ticks so I was always looking for info on the Skins. All praises to Matty and everyone else for making this site possible also special shout out to Joe Crisp for incredible free reporting! This guy should be on ESPN! Wondering when I get to meet 'ol JC in person!?!?!? VIVA LA WARPATH!
__________________
GO SKINS!!! ^21^
Luxorreb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 06:21 AM   #29
The Starter
 
joecrisp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 1,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxorreb
also special shout out to Joe Crisp for incredible free reporting! This guy should be on ESPN! Wondering when I get to meet 'ol JC in person!?!?!? VIVA LA WARPATH!
Thanks, Luxo! You still working Tuesday nights at Sticky Rice? My wife and I never go out during the week, but I'll try to convince her to go one of these Tuesdays, if that's when you're still working. It's the least I can do for one of the old school Warpathers!
joecrisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 09:02 AM   #30
Playmaker
 
BrudLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rehoboth Beach, DE
Posts: 3,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Butz Baby!
Thankyou, thankyouverymuch.

I'll be here all week at Holiday Inn Sheboygan's beautiful "Samba" room. Please remember to tip your waitresses and bartenders!
The 9:00 o'clock show is different than the 7:00 show. Keep the kids at home - it gets a little blue.

__________________
There's nowhere to go but up. Or down. I guess we could stay where we are, too.
BrudLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27607 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25