Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Portis speaks!!!

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2006, 03:18 AM   #16
Registered User
 
offiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: sparta, new jersey [ northern jersey ]
Age: 50
Posts: 3,097
Re: Portis speaks!!!

We wont mis a beat with Betts and Duckett in there, let Clinton fully recover before we play him.
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-08-2006, 06:11 AM   #17
Impact Rookie
 
vaoutlaws2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Fayettenam, NC
Age: 42
Posts: 806
Re: Portis speaks!!!

dan_snyder 69 this is for you

can someone say closet viking fan? underestimating the vikings? what do they have on offense? there isnt too much there. now i am not saying its going to be 52 - 0 but keep one thing in mind they have a first year head coach...i would have to give us an edge in coaching.... behind chester taylor at rb who do they have?....i would have to give us the edge at rb even WITHOUT PORTIS. and wide receiver well i shouldnt have to even make a comparison and on defense again no comparison is needed they are running a new scheme on d as far as our d let me just say a couple of things...remember what happened to brad johnson the last time he faced a greg williams defense. we might be without springs but to be honest i am not worried. the outcome of this game is a no brainer. Redskins will win in front of 90,000+. Enough said. boooooooooooo vikings..........hooooooooooooray redskins
__________________
The future is obviously right now!

Last edited by vaoutlaws2006; 09-08-2006 at 06:13 AM. Reason: quoted wrong post
vaoutlaws2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 06:14 AM   #18
Impact Rookie
 
vaoutlaws2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Fayettenam, NC
Age: 42
Posts: 806
Re: Portis speaks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_snyder69 View Post
Yea, I agree that we should save him for the Cowboys game, let him fully heal. On another note, I think y'all are really underestimating the Vikings. We may be surprised with the kind of game they give us.

see my previous post please. i am starting think you will be wearing some purple monday night. underestimating the vikes...please
__________________
The future is obviously right now!
vaoutlaws2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 08:32 AM   #19
Special Teams
 
NAVYSKINSFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Norfolk va
Age: 32
Posts: 150
Re: Portis speaks!!!

Not going to be a problem. Portis should sit out and heal.
__________________
Only the strong survive!
Just win baby!
I'll make ya famous!
NAVYSKINSFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 09:35 AM   #20
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,365
Re: Portis speaks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaoutlaws2006 View Post
dan_snyder 69 this is for you

can someone say closet viking fan? underestimating the vikings? what do they have on offense? there isnt too much there. now i am not saying its going to be 52 - 0 but keep one thing in mind they have a first year head coach...i would have to give us an edge in coaching.... behind chester taylor at rb who do they have?....i would have to give us the edge at rb even WITHOUT PORTIS. and wide receiver well i shouldnt have to even make a comparison and on defense again no comparison is needed they are running a new scheme on d as far as our d let me just say a couple of things...remember what happened to brad johnson the last time he faced a greg williams defense. we might be without springs but to be honest i am not worried. the outcome of this game is a no brainer. Redskins will win in front of 90,000+. Enough said. boooooooooooo vikings..........hooooooooooooray redskins
I do think you are underestimating the Vikings. Who do they have? Only the best offensive guard in all of football, Steve Hutchinson. Center Matt Birk went to the Pro Bowl at least 3 times between 2000 - 2004. And tackle Bryant McKinnie busted out last season and was just as worthy of a pro-bowl spot at tackle as Randy Thomas was at guard. That line is pretty scary. Our defensive line is pretty good, but we're going to have our hands full up front.

At WR, Troy Williamson's speed scares me. He got deep several times in the preseason, so Kenny Wright and Carlos Rogers are going to need to be on their toes.

Throw in Brad Johnson and you have a QB who knows how to manage a game and make just enough plays when it counts (sound familiar? he's a lot like Brunell).

Can't underestimate these guys. They went 9-7 last year for a reason.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 09:51 AM   #21
Playmaker
 
GhettoDogAllStars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Age: 32
Posts: 2,761
Re: Portis speaks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I do think you are underestimating the Vikings. Who do they have? Only the best offensive guard in all of football, Steve Hutchinson. Center Matt Birk went to the Pro Bowl at least 3 times between 2000 - 2004. And tackle Bryant McKinnie busted out last season and was just as worthy of a pro-bowl spot at tackle as Randy Thomas was at guard. That line is pretty scary. Our defensive line is pretty good, but we're going to have our hands full up front.

At WR, Troy Williamson's speed scares me. He got deep several times in the preseason, so Kenny Wright and Carlos Rogers are going to need to be on their toes.

Throw in Brad Johnson and you have a QB who knows how to manage a game and make just enough plays when it counts (sound familiar? he's a lot like Brunell).

Can't underestimate these guys. They went 9-7 last year for a reason.
true. I also think tony richardson will help them, and I like wiggins too. we'll still win though.
GhettoDogAllStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 09:53 AM   #22
Special Teams
 
Dogtag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Dumfries, VA
Age: 61
Posts: 241
Re: Portis speaks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Robert View Post
washingtonpost.com - nation, world, technology and Washington area news and headlines Portis said today that he felt 75% and was looking at the long haul. Did not feel he would be 100% until a few tough practices.

Looks bad for monday night I think.
Hey CP, get well soon. We miss you already.
Dogtag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 09:58 AM   #23
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 33
Posts: 17,643
Re: Portis speaks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I do think you are underestimating the Vikings. Who do they have? Only the best offensive guard in all of football, Steve Hutchinson. Center Matt Birk went to the Pro Bowl at least 3 times between 2000 - 2004. And tackle Bryant McKinnie busted out last season and was just as worthy of a pro-bowl spot at tackle as Randy Thomas was at guard. That line is pretty scary. Our defensive line is pretty good, but we're going to have our hands full up front.

At WR, Troy Williamson's speed scares me. He got deep several times in the preseason, so Kenny Wright and Carlos Rogers are going to need to be on their toes.

Throw in Brad Johnson and you have a QB who knows how to manage a game and make just enough plays when it counts (sound familiar? he's a lot like Brunell).

Can't underestimate these guys. They went 9-7 last year for a reason.
Yes, and that reason is because they played the Packers and Lions TWICE.

I'm not underestimating them, I just couldn't resist. I think if we can shut down their running game, they'll be fine. Without a legitimate receiving threat, Taylor can help with Williamson over the top.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 09:59 AM   #24
Impact Rookie
 
Twilbert07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 49
Posts: 594
Re: Portis speaks!!!

Looks like Portis will not play Monday, according to the Post. I hope TJ can plow through the Vikings!
__________________
a Skins fan every day, every way.
Twilbert07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 10:06 AM   #25
Impact Rookie
 
vaoutlaws2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Fayettenam, NC
Age: 42
Posts: 806
Re: Portis speaks!!!

9-7 for a reason is sure. I realize they went off on somekind of winning streak last season at the end similar to what we did. But the divison they play in is weak. They have a brand new coaching staff and i tell you that just cant bode well for them anyway. I am not underestimating them by any means but that post that dansynder69 wrote has me convinced he will have either his culpepper or moss jersey on monday night. the two best players the vikings had in sometime and without them i dont see them really being a threat to us.
__________________
The future is obviously right now!
vaoutlaws2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 10:35 AM   #26
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,365
Re: Portis speaks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Yes, and that reason is because they played the Packers and Lions TWICE.

I'm not underestimating them, I just couldn't resist. I think if we can shut down their running game, they'll be fine. Without a legitimate receiving threat, Taylor can help with Williamson over the top.
So? The Lions and Packers play in the NFL don't they? Somehow when looking at the schedule, everyone seems to conveniently forget about how much parity there is in the NFL. I remember us losing to the Oakland Raiders last year. And getting destroyed by the New York Giants.

Do you KNOW which Redskin team is going to show up on Monday night? I don't. I know that if the 'Skins play up to their capability, they'll beat the Vikings. But do we know for sure they'll be on top of their game? Not by a long shot. We can have all the cocky confidence in our coaching staff, and the bravado after making the playoffs, and all that crap. But bottom line is we have to show up.

And everyone please spare me the "I trust the coaches" crap. I trust them too. But coaches coach, it's the players who play. And if they don't cover, and they don't tackle, and they don't block, then we don't win.

I do favor the Skins in this game. But anyone who thinks the Vikings are a pushover is either friggin crazy, or doesn't understand today's NFL. Today's NFL is one where there isn't a whole lot separating the best teams from the worst teams. The line between winning and losing is very fine. If we're not on our game, the Vikings will beat us. They are good enough. Don't take them lightly.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 10:35 AM   #27
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,494
Re: Portis speaks!!!

The last time BJ faced this defense he was horrible. The Vikings offense really doesn't concern me that much to be honest. If we can put some points up I really don't think this game is going to be close. I'm thinking 27-13.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 10:37 AM   #28
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 33
Posts: 17,643
Re: Portis speaks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
So? The Lions and Packers play in the NFL don't they? Somehow when looking at the schedule, everyone seems to conveniently forget about how much parity there is in the NFL. I remember us losing to the Oakland Raiders last year. And getting destroyed by the New York Giants.
[/kidding] We need to get these games started, we're all getting antsy in our pantsies. I know there's partiy, I just like to point out how much the Packers and Lions sucked last year.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 10:38 AM   #29
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,365
Re: Portis speaks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
The last time BJ faced this defense he was horrible. The Vikings offense really doesn't concern me that much to be honest. If we can put some points up I really don't think this game is going to be close. I'm thinking 27-13.
I see an "if" in there, Matty. I see "if we put some points up."

Sure, if we put some points up, and if we tackle, and if we cover, and if we block, we'll win pretty easily.

I don't see us executing quite that well yet in Saunders' first game. I see a close battle.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 10:39 AM   #30
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,365
Re: Portis speaks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
[/kidding] We need to get these games started, we're all getting antsy in our pantsies. I know there's partiy, I just like to point out how much the Packers and Lions sucked last year.
No I understand. I just like to point out that "sucking" in the NFL these days isn't as bad as people think. Parity is the name of the game.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30414 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25