Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Adam Archuleta

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2006, 12:10 PM   #46
Playmaker
 
724Skinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 3,507
Re: Adam Archuleta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
So I guess we should just cut AA and Carter right now?

Hopefully you were being sarcastic. If not, maybe I should ban you.
Definitely sarcastic!
__________________
"I hope I'm getting better. I hope you haven't seen my best." - Jim Zorn
724Skinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-27-2006, 12:14 PM   #47
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,542
Re: Adam Archuleta

phew, I heard the parrot calling there for a minute

__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 12:19 PM   #48
Special Teams
 
DaveyFoSho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Potomac, MD
Age: 28
Posts: 304
Re: Adam Archuleta

Do you guys jump on everyone when they do not do spectacular things right away??? 3 games guys give him time!! Rome was not built in 1 or even 3 days :-)
__________________
DaveyFoSho
DaveyFoSho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 01:28 PM   #49
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 9,985
Re: Adam Archuleta

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyFoSho View Post
Do you guys jump on everyone when they do not do spectacular things right away??? 3 games guys give him time!! Rome was not built in 1 or even 3 days :-)
Well if God had played for our team and hadn't gotten Rome built in three days we'd be pissed I guess.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 03:07 PM   #50
What will Shanny do this offseason?
 
diehardskin2982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,407
Re: Adam Archuleta

I won't judge aa until springs comes back because then we will see what he was orininally brought in for. I do however also feel that we should have never let Ryan Clark go he was developing as a leader for this team
__________________
That got ugly fast
diehardskin2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 06:40 PM   #51
Impact Rookie
 
hail_2_da_skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: St. Louis, MO
Age: 58
Posts: 863
Re: Adam Archuleta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Williams has stated that he had his eye on Arch for a long time.

I know it might be hard to believe, but he just might pan out if we give him more than a few games to show his stuff.

Williams tends to know what he's doing when it comes to picking his players. The benefit of the doubt has to go his way.
Archuleta was a bad aquisition. The reason the Rams let him go, "HE CANNOT COVER". Williams may have thought that he could hide him in the scheme, but offensive coordinators will exploit his weakness. I think the best thing that can happen to the Redskins is to get Shawn Springs back on the field. Having Springs will improve the entire coverage. Rogers is a good corner, he just isn't a #1 at this point in his career. Rumpf has done a decent job, he would be even better at nickel.
__________________
"HAIL TO THE SKINS"
hail_2_da_skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 07:59 PM   #52
Start RG

 
CrazyCanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,905
Re: Adam Archuleta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
Williams has stated that he had his eye on Arch for a long time.

I know it might be hard to believe, but he just might pan out if we give him more than a few games to show his stuff.

Williams tends to know what he's doing when it comes to picking his players. The benefit of the doubt has to go his way.
You bring up a good point that many seem to forget - this is Gregg Williams' defense!

Whether it's AA or Carter or letting Clark go it all falls on Williams' shoulders at the end of the day. I highly doubt Mr. Snyder forced these guys onto Williams, it was probably the exact opposite. Danny probably offered to add a few guys to help out the D and these are the guys that Williams thought would make the biggest improvement.

Whether he's right or wrong remains to be seen in the long run, but let's put the blame (or credit) where it belongs.
CrazyCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 08:46 PM   #53
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: Adam Archuleta

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH4413 View Post
The reason they're throwing at Rogers is because

1) HE is not a number 1 corner...
2) He's guarding their best receiver.

It makes total sense why they aren't throwing to their lesser receivers, because they can throw to their best one... duh..


Actually I'll follow your advice and argue with the numbers. Those numbers don't mean anything. The league changes every year... teams get better... teams get worse. I'm positive a team has been ranked high, improved, and the following year was ranked lower. The line of reasoning is flawed. Those numbers should be used as a guideline, and not a rule. Especially when your talking about 5 or 6 places.
Duh? Is Marcus Robinson a #1 receiver? Is Travis Taylor? Is Eric Moulds a #1 receiver? Is Terry Glenn? Watch a game or two before you make an idiotic comment to me.

Why don't the numbers mean anything? Back up your point. Teams get better, teams get worse? What the hell does that mean? Why, because you said so? So the fact that they were 3rd in the league with Pierce and Smoot even though that defense had to deal with a horrendous offense means absolutely nothing. Whatever you say...

They are currently ranked 15th and if you think that this year's version is anywhere near 2004's or the defense that played the last 7 games last year then you are blind.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 10:38 PM   #54
Wildcard Bitches
 
RobH4413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bethesda, MD
Age: 29
Posts: 2,492
Re: Adam Archuleta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim21Reaper
You would think that opposing teams would go after Wright or Rumph. Instead they victimize our new #1 corner.
They know he's not a #1 caliber corner yet. So they throw the ball who they feel is there best receiever. If someone guarding your best weapon on offense isn't your best weapon on defense, you exploit that mismatch. When Springs is in, they know he's a veteran that has played consistently, so they avoid him. Are you saying other teams believe Rodgers is our worst corner, and therefore "victimizing" him is the result? No, that's where they see the biggest mismatch. Where Sean Taylor is on the field can help also play a role. Regardless, my point was that you can't assume Rodgers is worse than Rumph or Wright because other teams are picking on him. They're exploiting the biggest mismatch in the defense and thats why they're going after him.
------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim21Reaper
My original point was that the defense would have been better last year and this year with those guys. The defense with Pierce was 3rd in the NFL. They were top 10 last year and a disappointment this year. I would rather have the 2004 version. If you don't agree, argue with the number.
My comment was being critical of you praising Pierce with defensive ranking. I think that's way to broad of a catagory to attribute to one player. The redskins defense falling down the rank doesn't necessarily point as a direct result from Pierce's departure either. Team rankings aren't a consistent enough statistic to assume that one player leaving directly impacted the ranking of the team the following year. Theres too many variables, including other defenses improving from year to year. I don't feel that's an impossible concept to grasp, and I apoligize if I was being too vague.

I'm sorry if I offended you, I simply was disagreeing with the methods you used to prove your point.
__________________
This is what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps!
RobH4413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 10:58 PM   #55
Impact Rookie
 
theJBexperience's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Boone, NC
Posts: 579
Re: Adam Archuleta

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike340 View Post
Both corners we got when we had #28 here developed very quickly and well (Bailey and Smoot.) I don't think this is a coincidence. We need to get him back as a DB coach. The publicity would also help his charity.

As far as comparing Smoot and Rogers, they are both #2 corners, so that part (at least) is comparable. But you can't compare Rogers covering the #1 receiver vs. Smoot covering the #2.

Most of our weaknesses on defense are on pass coverage. I feel that when Springs comes back it will about as much impact as when Portis came back (if not more) on offense. Rogers will be back to his #2. The other guys won't be shading over to Rogers 'cause they won't be worried about him doing his job. And Arch and co. who aren't good in coverage won't have to do it any more (or much), thus freeing them up to do what they do best. Just about everybody's playing suboptimally, since they're trying to adjust to help each other out. To me, it feels like, with Springs, we'll be able to bring an extra defender at the QB on pass plays. That's huge.

So my verdict on Arch and Carter: they've looked (worse than) useless so far, but I'm reserving judgement until after Springs is back.

I also liked Smoot, and he should regret leaving here. After all, I'm sure "love boats" happen here all the time, so if he'd invited some politician on the boat that the incident would never have reached the papers! ;-)

Sorry about this stream-of-consciousness post.
I agree. Arch looked good in the pre season blitzing and stuffing the run, but without Springs in the lineup, the Skins haven't been able to use him as much in the same role. We'll see when/if Springs returns.
theJBexperience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 11:27 PM   #56
Impact Rookie
 
4mrusmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Age: 45
Posts: 559
Re: Adam Archuleta

A. Archulata sucks balls for now but, maybe he will get better. I still liked M. Bowen better. Our defense is missing that something special right now.
4mrusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 11:28 PM   #57
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,283
Re: Adam Archuleta

Quote:
Originally Posted by hail_2_da_skins View Post
Archuleta was a bad aquisition. The reason the Rams let him go, "HE CANNOT COVER". Williams may have thought that he could hide him in the scheme, but offensive coordinators will exploit his weakness. I think the best thing that can happen to the Redskins is to get Shawn Springs back on the field. Having Springs will improve the entire coverage. Rogers is a good corner, he just isn't a #1 at this point in his career. Rumpf has done a decent job, he would be even better at nickel.
when williams got him, prioleau wasn't on IR. AA would have been used like matt bowen, with a guy like prioleau (or ryan clark) spelling him depending on the situation. Still too much money, but it wouldn't have seemed soo bad that way.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 11:40 PM   #58
Special Teams
 
Alvin#40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Born Va now Phx, Az
Age: 44
Posts: 164
Re: Adam Archuleta

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
when williams got him, prioleau wasn't on IR. AA would have been used like matt bowen, with a guy like prioleau (or ryan clark) spelling him depending on the situation. Still too much money, but it wouldn't have seemed soo bad that way.
I agree. People dont realize just how damaging that was to lose him, and on the VERY 1st play of the year too. He also brought corner depth as well.
Alvin#40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 10:38 PM   #59
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: Adam Archuleta

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH4413 View Post
They know he's not a #1 caliber corner yet. So they throw the ball who they feel is there best receiever. If someone guarding your best weapon on offense isn't your best weapon on defense, you exploit that mismatch. When Springs is in, they know he's a veteran that has played consistently, so they avoid him. Are you saying other teams believe Rodgers is our worst corner, and therefore "victimizing" him is the result? No, that's where they see the biggest mismatch. Where Sean Taylor is on the field can help also play a role. Regardless, my point was that you can't assume Rodgers is worse than Rumph or Wright because other teams are picking on him. They're exploiting the biggest mismatch in the defense and thats why they're going after him.
------------------------------



My comment was being critical of you praising Pierce with defensive ranking. I think that's way to broad of a catagory to attribute to one player. The redskins defense falling down the rank doesn't necessarily point as a direct result from Pierce's departure either. Team rankings aren't a consistent enough statistic to assume that one player leaving directly impacted the ranking of the team the following year. Theres too many variables, including other defenses improving from year to year. I don't feel that's an impossible concept to grasp, and I apoligize if I was being too vague.

I'm sorry if I offended you, I simply was disagreeing with the methods you used to prove your point.
All I need is my eyes. That is how I know that they were a better defense than last year's version or this years. The numbers just back it up.

One player can make that much difference. Look at the loss of Springs. They will be a much better defense when he gets back but until that happens they will look bad. As for Pierce, we aren't talking about a nickel corner. The middle linebacker has a huge role in a defense. Look how crappy the Giants were when they lost him last year.

I love Marshall but he is not as good as Pierce and last year's version and this year's pale in comparison to the '04 unit.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 11:15 PM   #60
Playmaker
 
724Skinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 3,507
Re: Adam Archuleta

If having Pierce is so great why are the Giants are ranked 27th in the league this year in total defense, whereas the Redskins (w/o Pierce) are ranked 15th. He's a very good LB but he's starting to look more like just another product of GW's system since Marshal is putting up similiar stats that Pierce did in 2004 through the first three games.
__________________
"I hope I'm getting better. I hope you haven't seen my best." - Jim Zorn
724Skinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.38850 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25