Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


santana moss

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2006, 08:06 AM   #1
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,515
santana moss

anyone on any insight of why Santana Moss is so good and the jets let him go. is it because he was injured? the coaching staff didn't evaluate his talent properly? our coaching staff knows how to use him? or brunell looks to him when in trouble? i just cant believe how good he is and how the jets would let him go for Laverneous freakin Coles
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-04-2006, 08:09 AM   #2
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,929
Re: santana moss

They thought Coles was #1 and didn't think Moss was gonna be worth what he would get in his big contract. I guess because he is small. The have to be kicking themselves now that the trend toward big lanky WR has died down a little and guys who can make plays, at any size, are en vogue.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 08:32 AM   #3
Wildcard Bitches
 
RobH4413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bethesda, MD
Age: 29
Posts: 2,487
Re: santana moss

I think the Jets felt like there was more chemistry between Coles and Pennington. Their numbers with the Jets really don't contrast, so I feel they just thought Coles was the better fit.

Moss is without a doubt the better of the two, but Coles isn't really a bust either.
__________________
This is what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps!
RobH4413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 08:33 AM   #4
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,251
Re: santana moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
anyone on any insight of why Santana Moss is so good and the jets let him go. is it because he was injured? the coaching staff didn't evaluate his talent properly? our coaching staff knows how to use him? or brunell looks to him when in trouble? i just cant believe how good he is and how the jets would let him go for Laverneous freakin Coles
cause a deep threat is worthless when the QB has a noodle arm. and herm edwards isn't a good coach an was using him to go over the middle instead of using space or sending him deep constantly.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 08:37 AM   #5
Playmaker
 
djnemo65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: MA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,836
Re: santana moss

Also, Moss had a pretty long injury history prior to last season. At the time, most pundits thought the Jets had gotten the better deal, if I remember correctly.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 08:42 AM   #6
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,110
Re: santana moss

The Jets didn't know how to use him properly, bottom line.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 08:43 AM   #7
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: santana moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnemo65 View Post
Also, Moss had a pretty long injury history prior to last season. At the time, most pundits thought the Jets had gotten the better deal, if I remember correctly.
I too think the injury factor was a big deal to them. Moss had hammy issues when he was there. Since he's been here he has been going to a massage therapist that keeps him rubbed up and down.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 08:51 AM   #8
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,008
Re: santana moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnemo65 View Post
Also, Moss had a pretty long injury history prior to last season. At the time, most pundits thought the Jets had gotten the better deal, if I remember correctly.
Totally, at the time (and it continues) the "experts" proudly exalted the SKINS got hosed on that deal. I don't imagine they feel the same today. Just like the same guys that put us in the middle of the power field. No love for the skins
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
ďItís all the political correct idiots in America, thatís all it is. Itís got nothing to do with anything else.
-Mike Ditka
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 08:59 AM   #9
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,251
Re: santana moss

we're 2-2 and only one win was against a quality opponent, where do you expect them to rank us? #1?
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:04 AM   #10
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: santana moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
They thought Coles was #1 and didn't think Moss was gonna be worth what he would get in his big contract. I guess because he is small. The have to be kicking themselves now that the trend toward big lanky WR has died down a little and guys who can make plays, at any size, are en vogue.
Last time I checked Moss 5'10" and Coles 5"11" so I don't think size was an issue. I just think they never found out how to use Moss. They both are good WR's and it looks like Coles may have finally got over his toe issue but I still think Moss is much better at yards after the catch.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:07 AM   #11
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,929
Re: santana moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Last time I checked Moss 5'10" and Coles 5"11" so I don't think size was an issue. I just think they never found out how to use Moss. They both are good WR's and it looks like Coles may have finally got over his toe issue but I still think Moss is much better at yards after the catch.
Size was absolutely an issue. In fact the same argument you make was made then. Moss for some reason is looked at as being small and Coles average size.

The main thing that was said by "experts" when it happend was "he is fast but isn't big enougn to be a #1."
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:08 AM   #12
Playmaker
 
GhettoDogAllStars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Age: 32
Posts: 2,761
Re: santana moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Since he's been here he has been going to a massage therapist that keeps him rubbed up and down.
ahhh yes ... that sounds lovely.
GhettoDogAllStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:27 AM   #13
Playmaker
 
cpayne5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,807
Re: santana moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Last time I checked Moss 5'10" and Coles 5"11" so I don't think size was an issue. I just think they never found out how to use Moss. They both are good WR's and it looks like Coles may have finally got over his toe issue but I still think Moss is much better at yards after the catch.
I was at the Jets preseason game. First row, Jets side. I saw that Coles still had a noticeable limp. Don't know if it is still the toe, or what, but he does have a limp when he walks.
cpayne5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:33 AM   #14
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,626
Re: santana moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Last time I checked Moss 5'10" and Coles 5"11" so I don't think size was an issue. I just think they never found out how to use Moss. They both are good WR's and it looks like Coles may have finally got over his toe issue but I still think Moss is much better at yards after the catch.
I've never seen Coles up close and in person. But there's no way Moss is 5'10" He looked more to me like 5'8" (5'9" at the most)
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:35 AM   #15
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: santana moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Size was absolutely an issue. In fact the same argument you make was made then. Moss for some reason is looked at as being small and Coles average size.

The main thing that was said by "experts" when it happend was "he is fast but isn't big enougn to be a #1."
Maybe an issue for the "experts" but I do not see how coaches draw that conclusion. Coles is listed at one inch taller and 3 pounds heavier. Are these the same experts that had us at 8/8 last year at best.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29643 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25