Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins, Jaguars interested in Ogunleye

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2004, 06:44 PM   #46
Pro Bowl
 
SKINSnCANES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: New Jersey
Age: 32
Posts: 5,421
He weighs 240 and they want him to be lighter but hes not overwight with fat at 240. Its all muscle weight. Do you remember when the Skins played him, he dominated us every game. They want him to weigh less because they think it will make him faster, and mabye it will a little. Im just waiting for a team to play Boston at TE.

I didnt know about the shin injury though, so thanks for that info.
__________________
"I'm used to winning, coming from the University of Miami. " Clinton Portis
SKINSnCANES is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-21-2004, 07:54 PM   #47
Impact Rookie
 
Hogskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hartselle, Alabama
Age: 73
Posts: 659
Canes, you may be right about the muscle vs. fat, I don't know. That is certainly what his agent claims. If that is so, my choice of the term "shape" was poor. But, still, I don't think he is a lock for #2. Regardless of any numbers, he is generally regarded to have been a major "disappointment" in each of his last two seasons. Both Schottenheimer and Wannstadt have complained about his weight. But neither is on my list of great coaches, so it's hard to tell what the real problem is. In any case, I'm sure Wannstadt would not mind having some significant competition at the spot to encourage all of them to peak performance. I guess I am just wishfully thinking of a way to get a major boost to our DL without giving up anything that will hurt. LOL
__________________
John Shaffer
National Fantasy Sports Leagues, Inc.
Home of "The BEST Game In Town" since 1990
Hogskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 08:08 PM   #48
Pro Bowl
 
SKINSnCANES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: New Jersey
Age: 32
Posts: 5,421
I think Boston will have a big year this year, and if he lines up against number 2 corners I think he will dominate them. The guy is a beast, i dont know what hes deal has been but his a mismatch against any corner when hes in there playing and healthy.
__________________
"I'm used to winning, coming from the University of Miami. " Clinton Portis
SKINSnCANES is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 05:44 AM   #49
Special Teams
 
bedlamVR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 389
Boston may be pumped but that doesn't necessarly help as a WR. As you build up muscle you build up bulk and reduce agility and swiftness. You may have supurb stength but look at the best martial artists in the world they never look totally ripped or bulked up becasue it interefers with their mobity. I am sure they are not commenting on Boston being fat just being too big and if he keeps ignoring trainers and coaches advice then I don't see him playing anywhere as a No.2 or even 3 receiver.
bedlamVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 08:59 AM   #50
Mr. Brightside
 
Big C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Age: 28
Posts: 4,439
Wow, Boston would most certainly be a #2 reciever, he is big, strong, fast, and has great hands. Like i said, if he didnt get suspended last year he could have broken 1,000 yards with 2 incinsistent QB's. Boston has been an elite reciever, and if it wasnt for an injury the year before last, and the issues last season, hed still be there. Do not count him out
Big C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 09:44 AM   #51
Playmaker
 
illdefined's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: nyc
Age: 38
Posts: 2,631
all this Boston talk leading to the notion that Gardner COULD be something Miami could maybe use. its about getting Ogunleye. keep your eyes on the prize Snyder. Eagles, Giants, they all have a pass rush..
illdefined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 09:59 AM   #52
Impact Rookie
 
Hogskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hartselle, Alabama
Age: 73
Posts: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C
Wow, Boston would most certainly be a #2 reciever, he is big, strong, fast, and has great hands. Like i said, if he didnt get suspended last year he could have broken 1,000 yards with 2 incinsistent QB's. Boston has been an elite reciever, and if it wasnt for an injury the year before last, and the issues last season, hed still be there. Do not count him out
You are just totally ignoring the actual performance of the past 2 years and keying on his 2001 performance. Do some reading, or just check my earlier post. The guy was a dismal disappointment to both of his previous employers. Those "issues" you mention are what can make or break any receiver. Remember Andre Rison? Boston has taken himself that same direction.
__________________
John Shaffer
National Fantasy Sports Leagues, Inc.
Home of "The BEST Game In Town" since 1990
Hogskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 10:06 AM   #53
Fight for old DC!
 
Redskins_P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Falls Church, VA
Age: 36
Posts: 4,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by illdefined
all this Boston talk leading to the notion that Gardner COULD be something Miami could maybe use. its about getting Ogunleye. keep your eyes on the prize Snyder. Eagles, Giants, they all have a pass rush..

I agree.
As talented as Boston is. I would rather have Gardner. The Redskins offered their first round pick for next year already. So, I would forget about adding Gardner into the equation. Eventhough Miami declined the offer, as time goes by they will have no choice but to give him up. Don't be surprised if the Redskins do get him straight up for the 1st round pick.

Then we will hear about some cuts to clear cap space. Possibly Wynn or Upshaw, depending on who had performed better in the minicamps or training camp.
Redskins_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 10:31 AM   #54
Mr. Brightside
 
Big C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Age: 28
Posts: 4,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogskin
You are just totally ignoring the actual performance of the past 2 years and keying on his 2001 performance. Do some reading, or just check my earlier post. The guy was a dismal disappointment to both of his previous employers. Those "issues" you mention are what can make or break any receiver. Remember Andre Rison? Boston has taken himself that same direction.
hogskin, obviously u did not see the part aboutme saying that boston would have been a 1,000 yard reciever last season had he not been suspended (70 catches 880 yards while missing 2 games). also, the year before that, he was putting up very good numbers for the games he acutally played (32 catches 512 yards in 8 games), maybe you should do the research before you criticise my comments, when they are legitimate. Look up the facts, and quit giving me ur bs, its getting old.
Big C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 11:24 AM   #55
Pro Bowl
 
SKINSnCANES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: New Jersey
Age: 32
Posts: 5,421
well, while this now seems completly off topic, it is the name of the thread so im going to post it here. It appears we offered our first round pick for him. Of course Gibbs is saying we arent interested becaues they arent going to give him up, and technically the Fins havent put him on the trade block yet. However, they may be more intereseted in trading him as the realization that he will set out becomes more real, as the season approaches.

If we dont sign him until, lets says August, how much of a disadvantage do you think he will be at, having to learn a new system in only a few weeks?
__________________
"I'm used to winning, coming from the University of Miami. " Clinton Portis
SKINSnCANES is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 11:30 AM   #56
Fight for old DC!
 
Redskins_P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Falls Church, VA
Age: 36
Posts: 4,086
I don't what the difference is between Greg Williams scheme and the one that Dolphins are running. It's going to be tough for him to adjust, but if this guy really wants to play here and is dedicated then it shouldn't be much of a problem. I haven't heard much about his work ethic or his football smarts. Everything I've heard is all based on his talent.


SkinsnCanes you bring up a good point......but we'll just have to wait and see.
Redskins_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 11:56 AM   #57
Pro Bowl
 
SKINSnCANES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: New Jersey
Age: 32
Posts: 5,421
anyone know if hes still working out and keepign in shape even though he hasnt gone to any of their camps? If he hasnt worked out all offseason because he normally did it with the team then it would really hurt us for a while. He would have to get back into footbal shape.
__________________
"I'm used to winning, coming from the University of Miami. " Clinton Portis
SKINSnCANES is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 02:13 PM   #58
Impact Rookie
 
Hogskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hartselle, Alabama
Age: 73
Posts: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C
hogskin, obviously u did not see the part aboutme saying that boston would have been a 1,000 yard reciever last season had he not been suspended (70 catches 880 yards while missing 2 games). also, the year before that, he was putting up very good numbers for the games he acutally played (32 catches 512 yards in 8 games), maybe you should do the research before you criticise my comments, when they are legitimate. Look up the facts, and quit giving me ur bs, its getting old.
Obviously, I DID read your post. That is what I specifically replied to, but you apparently were unable to understand the facts. You were talking about Woulda-Coulda-Shoulda - that doesn't cut it in the big leagues, kiddo. Performance does. Did you bother to read my reference to "issues" and Rison? That is the whole point. The guy is a head case. As long as he is a head case, he will be no good to anyone, and will continue to move from team-to-team until he has nowhere to go. You are way too young to remember Joe Don Looney. He was ALSO a "beast", massively strong and talented. The reason you probably have heard nothing about him was exactly what I have been talking about. He was a head case, and wore out his welcome everywhere in the NFL. Boston has done exactly that with 2 teams and is on his third. According to some reports, some of the same crap is starting again. We'll just have to wait and see if he is ready to grow up and act like a PRO.

As far as facts, that is what I deal in, not in emotion, which seems to be what is driving you.
__________________
John Shaffer
National Fantasy Sports Leagues, Inc.
Home of "The BEST Game In Town" since 1990
Hogskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 03:09 PM   #59
Special Teams
 
MonkManiac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: VA/DC
Age: 31
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogskin
Obviously, I DID read your post. That is what I specifically replied to, but you apparently were unable to understand the facts. You were talking about Woulda-Coulda-Shoulda - that doesn't cut it in the big leagues, kiddo. Performance does. Did you bother to read my reference to "issues" and Rison? That is the whole point. The guy is a head case. As long as he is a head case, he will be no good to anyone, and will continue to move from team-to-team until he has nowhere to go. You are way too young to remember Joe Don Looney. He was ALSO a "beast", massively strong and talented. The reason you probably have heard nothing about him was exactly what I have been talking about. He was a head case, and wore out his welcome everywhere in the NFL. Boston has done exactly that with 2 teams and is on his third. According to some reports, some of the same crap is starting again. We'll just have to wait and see if he is ready to grow up and act like a PRO.

As far as facts, that is what I deal in, not in emotion, which seems to be what is driving you.
Your throwback mentality to the game is nice, but I think if you look at the "facts" (as you are apparently deeply wedded to), you would see that there are many head cases in the NFL year in and year out who are productive despite their lack of mental toughness. Sure, they're not Hall of Famers, but I think Joe Horn and Terrell Owens, two of the biggest headcases in the game, had very productive seasons last year. Boston needs a good situation to blossom (QB/offensive system), and while I don't think he has that in Miami, he could certainly be effective on any numbers of teams barring injury. Your point specifically with respect to head cases lacks merit, and your reliance on demeaning phrases such as "kiddo" and several references to the previous poster's age do not necessarily make you any more correct. They make you seem angry, condescending, and desperate. Your post seems more driven by emotion than any of the others I have read.
MonkManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 03:16 PM   #60
The Starter
 
joecrisp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 1,501
EEEEEAAAASSYY, fellas!

Let's not get into a flame war over David Boston. The guy's caused problems for enough people as it is!

Besides, the topic of this thread is the Redskins' interest in Ogunleye. I understand Boston's impact on trade possibilities, but let's try to keep this focused on the how and why of acquiring Ogunleye.
joecrisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31370 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25