Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Bag on Gibbs, bag on Green, what's next change our logo?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2006, 01:34 PM   #16
The Starter
 
dblanch66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 48
Posts: 1,176
Re: Bag on Gibbs, bag on Green, what's next change our logo?

YEAH!! And....Dallas Sucks.
dblanch66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-18-2006, 01:56 PM   #17
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: Bag on Gibbs, bag on Green, what's next change our logo?

This is a retarded thread, I really feel some of you fans think that once someone is a redskins, or was a skin, you cannot be critical towards them. That is silly, is a Redskins player a god???? Jeez I love what Green did on the field, but that doesnt mean I am gonna have blind man love for him off the field. My accounts about him have showed he can be an asshole. Why is that soo hard to grasp. Sorry to burst you bubble guys, but this is common in sports, not just with Green.

Tons of players can be assholes off the field, and I am not surprised that they are.

Get over it and grow up.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 02:07 PM   #18
The Starter
 
Darrell_Green_28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Age: 46
Posts: 1,976
Re: Bag on Gibbs, bag on Green, what's next change our logo?

now there you go calling Mr Redskin an asshole.. just because he has a different attitude off the field than he did on the field and it's not to your liking makes him an asshole? he might be different than what you would expect but does that constitute calling him an asshole??? so get over it and stop calling someone who didnt run up to you offering his first born , an asshole.
Darrell_Green_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 02:09 PM   #19
The Starter
 
Darrell_Green_28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Age: 46
Posts: 1,976
Re: Bag on Gibbs, bag on Green, what's next change our logo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesscl34 View Post
You're only less of a fan if you hate Gibbs!!!!
and call one of the greatest , if not the greatest, cornerbacks an asshole
Darrell_Green_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 02:19 PM   #20
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,666
Re: Bag on Gibbs, bag on Green, what's next change our logo?

Let me make this point. I realize that we have Redskins fans who want to win and want to win now. Heck, all of us should be wanting to see our team win and be champions. In the end, I don't believe any of us really care who leads us to these victories, whether it be this coaching staff or another one, Jason Campbell or Mark Brunell or even Todd Collins. We just want to see "W's" put up on the board and not "L's".

But at the sametime, it shouldn't be hard to figure out why we hold such an allegiance to Joe Gibbs. Him and his coaching staff is what brought this team our last true glory years of this franchise. Gibbs is probably one of the main reasons that we're Redskins fans today. At least it's him and those great players from the 80's and early 90's that made me such a big fan of this team. I understand that some fans here became fans because the team is in your hometown, but I don't care if this team played in Seattle, Washington instead of D.C., I would still pull for them.

Like it or not, Joe Gibbs should be given some type of amnesty for his accomplishments. What would it profit us to fire him and put someone else in to coach, just because they would be younger? Just might give us more years to be a losing team. I say give Gibbs as long as he needs for the simple fact that while people argue it was all Bobby Beathard in the 80's and that football has changed dramatically nowadays, football comes down to X's and O's. Gibbs knows how to coach. He knows how to motivate and he knows the X's and O's. You forget that alot is on his shoulders. He's trying to make all the right moves to rebuild this entire franchise. It's going to take time. Alot of us agreed when Gibbs first come here that it might take him all 5 years on his contract to get this team back to good standings. At least half of those people now are wanting him fired because they're too impatient. Hey, I wanna win just like the next guy, but I'm willing to allow someone who HAS been success in this league to build the team right than to put someone else in who will mess around for a year or two and dig this team deeper in a hole.
__________________
"Fire Up That Diesel!"
skinsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 02:20 PM   #21
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,666
Re: Bag on Gibbs, bag on Green, what's next change our logo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
My accounts about him have showed he can be an asshole. Why is that soo hard to grasp. Sorry to burst you bubble guys, but this is common in sports, not just with Green.
How so?
__________________
"Fire Up That Diesel!"
skinsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 02:23 PM   #22
Camp Scrub
 
70chip13083's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Lexington KY
Posts: 27
Re: Bag on Gibbs, bag on Green, what's next change our logo?

I completely agree with Schneed10, as I mentioned in a previous post. Being a critic is an important part of being a fan, and there is a difference between a critic and a whinner, as most of us can recognize.
__________________
"Football is, after all, a wonderful way to get rid of your aggressions without going to jail for it"-Heywood Hale Brown
70chip13083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 02:27 PM   #23
Special Teams
 
PhxRedSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 39
Posts: 142
Re: Bag on Gibbs, bag on Green, what's next change our logo?

Some of you have taken me wrong here. There is nothing objectionable to being critical about our Redskins. Yes, it would be boring if we didn't have things to remark about. That is football and I would never take the element of chance out of the game. It would not be worth watching(any football game, even pop warner.) The point of this thread was that 28 has in my mind always been a stand up guy and role model. "Hi I'm Darrell Green of the Washington Redskins and The United Way." Be critical, be hardnosed and foul if you may when we do not play well. What this thread was about is please do not trash or excrete on your family when we are not living up to the expected. Criticize all that you would like to, but please do not shit on our family. Shitting on should be left for the rest of the nfc east. On a different note, protect Campbell(line) and I forsee good things for the next 7 games.
As always Hail

44
PhxRedSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 02:28 PM   #24
Playmaker
 
70Chip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manassas
Age: 43
Posts: 3,048
Re: Bag on Gibbs, bag on Green, what's next change our logo?

I think it's normal for fans to be critical when the team is 3 and 6. Also, I have heard enough stories of Green's prickly behaviour from enough different sources to conclude that he can be... well, ...prickly. It wouldn't be that much of a shock if he didn't have a reputation that was very nearly saint-like. Of course, none of that diminishes his accomplishments as a football player.

I will say that if someone is going to be critical of Gibbs, they can expect to be criticized in return. The man has done more than earn the respect and regard of those of us who have followed this team for a while. I think that may explain some of the disconnect. I have to remind myself that there are many fans who simply aren't old enough to remember how magical Gibbs 1 was. But, no reasonable and civil argument should be out of bounds. We have to be honest and realistic. Coach Joe has told us as much himself.

But, when I see someone slam Gibbs and then express dismay at the lack of ensuing applause, it reminds me of certain celebrities. Specifically, the country music singer whom I refer to simply as "The Fat One in the Middle".
__________________
This Monkey's Gone to Heaven
70Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 02:29 PM   #25
Camp Scrub
 
70chip13083's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Lexington KY
Posts: 27
Re: Bag on Gibbs, bag on Green, what's next change our logo?

I love Gibbs as much as anyone. I also think a CERTAIN amount of amnesty is warranted. However, no one is immune from criticism after a point. Should we never question his decision making forever based on past success? Do we all get a lifelong pass at our jobs because we were productive in the past? Like it or not, we are judged on how we produce today with more or less of a break based on past performance. Gibbs certainly gets a major break, however his stubborness does, at times, get under my skin
__________________
"Football is, after all, a wonderful way to get rid of your aggressions without going to jail for it"-Heywood Hale Brown
70chip13083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 02:31 PM   #26
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,666
Re: Bag on Gibbs, bag on Green, what's next change our logo?

I think people are getting being critical and being impatient mixed up. I don't believe nobody here has ever said not to question anything Gibbs does, but I think most of us are saying to pack in and start all over again now is being waay out of line.
__________________
"Fire Up That Diesel!"
skinsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 02:38 PM   #27
Camp Scrub
 
70chip13083's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Lexington KY
Posts: 27
Re: Bag on Gibbs, bag on Green, what's next change our logo?

I do not think we should "pack it in". I do think that the organization needs a lesson in strategic planning. Everyone, including Snyder, Gibbs, Cerrato, Williams and Saunders need to look how successful teams in the recent past have become successful long term, then start heading in this direction. I do think if management is unwilling to do this, then we need to start over. Putting in Campbell looks to be a first step of positive change, but certainly more needs to be done without stubbornness and ego getting in the way.
__________________
"Football is, after all, a wonderful way to get rid of your aggressions without going to jail for it"-Heywood Hale Brown
70chip13083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 03:05 PM   #28
Special Teams
 
PhxRedSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 39
Posts: 142
Re: Bag on Gibbs, bag on Green, what's next change our logo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
Let me make this point. I realize that we have Redskins fans who want to win and want to win now. Heck, all of us should be wanting to see our team win and be champions. In the end, I don't believe any of us really care who leads us to these victories, whether it be this coaching staff or another one, Jason Campbell or Mark Brunell or even Todd Collins. We just want to see "W's" put up on the board and not "L's".

But at the sametime, it shouldn't be hard to figure out why we hold such an allegiance to Joe Gibbs. Him and his coaching staff is what brought this team our last true glory years of this franchise. Gibbs is probably one of the main reasons that we're Redskins fans today. At least it's him and those great players from the 80's and early 90's that made me such a big fan of this team. I understand that some fans here became fans because the team is in your hometown, but I don't care if this team played in Seattle, Washington instead of D.C., I would still pull for them.

Like it or not, Joe Gibbs should be given some type of amnesty for his accomplishments. What would it profit us to fire him and put someone else in to coach, just because they would be younger? Just might give us more years to be a losing team. I say give Gibbs as long as he needs for the simple fact that while people argue it was all Bobby Beathard in the 80's and that football has changed dramatically nowadays, football comes down to X's and O's. Gibbs knows how to coach. He knows how to motivate and he knows the X's and O's. You forget that alot is on his shoulders. He's trying to make all the right moves to rebuild this entire franchise. It's going to take time. Alot of us agreed when Gibbs first come here that it might take him all 5 years on his contract to get this team back to good standings. At least half of those people now are wanting him fired because they're too impatient. Hey, I wanna win just like the next guy, but I'm willing to allow someone who HAS been success in this league to build the team right than to put someone else in who will mess around for a year or two and dig this team deeper in a hole.
Well spoken!

Hail
44
PhxRedSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 03:08 PM   #29
The Starter
 
wolfeskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: chesapeake,va.
Posts: 2,160
Re: Bag on Gibbs, bag on Green, what's next change our logo?

it's ok to question certain decissions made by gibbs and co. but to say things like "gibbs should be fired" or "greg williams has lost it" is kinda silly too me. as to the bad decissions made by gibbs and co. i think there were only two mistakes 1- letting antonio peirce go. 2- letting ryan clark go.
__________________
Hail to Allen/Shanahan .... bring in some baby hogs and load up on diesel fuel !!! (budw38)
wolfeskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 03:10 PM   #30
Special Teams
 
PhxRedSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 39
Posts: 142
Re: Bag on Gibbs, bag on Green, what's next change our logo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
I think people are getting being critical and being impatient mixed up. I don't believe nobody here has ever said not to question anything Gibbs does, but I think most of us are saying to pack in and start all over again now is being waay out of line.
Clarify your post please. Call me dumb, fine, but please clarify.
PhxRedSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32284 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25