Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Grade Jason Campbell

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: How would you grade Jason Campbell?
A 21 12.00%
A-/B+ 68 38.86%
B 70 40.00%
B-/C+ 11 6.29%
C 4 2.29%
C-/D+ 1 0.57%
D 0 0%
D-/F 0 0%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2006, 03:00 AM   #151
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Grade Jason Campbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by illdefined View Post
ok finally a direct response. well, you illustrated perfectly why a talented player like Randy Moss would most likely play a lot better motivated in a different environment. glad you finally recognize emotion as a HUGE part of the game.

Gibbs tried to change the environment HERE and motivate the entire team with the QB change, i think thats obvious. Jason Campbell has proven himself to be smart, talented and controlled - i really don't think Tampa was an isolated incident - the only debate left really is if waiting this long in the season and for Portis to get hurt wasn't too LATE to try and change the environment here. Jason Campbell's first close NFL loss should've been a lot sooner - its worth a lot more to us than Brunell's Nth loss with this team.
For the record, I never ever said (or thought) that emotion wasn't a direct part of the game. I said ALL ALONG that irregardless of emotion, production is what matters. I've played, so I understand the game from the emotional perspective. I think it was canthetuna who said that he doesn't care about stats, he cares about results. Boy that one had me rolling on the floor in hilarity.

I disagree that Gibbs made the QB change to give the team an emotional boost. If he did, it didn't work. I think he also thought that Brunell took this team as far as it could go, then he IRed Portis (he could have been inactivated just as easily) and replaced Brunell in the same week to play for the future.

I think giving the reins to Campbell preseason looks like a good decision in retrospect, but going foward, I think Gibbs made the decision at the right time.

L's are L's, and the best chance to get W's is with Brunell (still). However, all things considered, Gibbs made the decision at the right time.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-21-2006, 10:29 AM   #152
Playmaker
 
illdefined's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: nyc
Age: 38
Posts: 2,631
Re: Grade Jason Campbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
FO does not claim that their stats are undenibly right, in fact they have a disclaimer that statistical evidence is a tool, and in most cases is actually not a conclusion. Statistical evidence should not override what you believe. Funny thing is, I said that on this here board a few weeks back, BEFORE I read that on FO.
so you admit QB rating is a bad stat, but you base all your statistical arguments on FO's stats, another imperfect formula, very much AS conclusions. all the time. thats the meat of all your posts, FO's stats.

"Statistical evidence should not override what you believe." despite your little disclaimer weeks ago, that's all your arguments have been about since. you contradict everything everyone here believes with FO's stats. except when Brunell finally assed it up in Philly, then your argument suddenly was based on "observations". real beauties too, like "the Redskins owe Mark Brunell a better send off than this and shouldnt be replaced because of everything he's done" and "you don't put in a new Quarterback when the team is doing bad". quite inconsistent with the rest of your stat filled posts this season. are you entitled to them, sure, does it clash with your empirical statistical style that you've grilled me and other posters with for weeks now? i'd definitely say so.

how about posting that little statistical disclaimer (both yours and FOs)whenever you lean heavily on them in your argument, or worse yet, dismiss other people's arguments.
__________________
a fan. not a cheerleader.
illdefined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 10:38 AM   #153
Playmaker
 
illdefined's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: nyc
Age: 38
Posts: 2,631
Re: Grade Jason Campbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
L's are L's, and the best chance to get W's is with Brunell (still). However, all things considered, Gibbs made the decision at the right time.
um ok, you want to reconcile those two statements for us? if Brunell (still) gives us the best chance to win, why did Gibbs bench him last week when we were mathmatically still in it? enlighten us.
__________________
a fan. not a cheerleader.
illdefined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 11:11 AM   #154
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,109
Re: Grade Jason Campbell

Man this thread is blowing my mind. Brunell is on the bench, why can't we just let that go???
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 11:43 AM   #155
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: Grade Jason Campbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Man this thread is blowing my mind. Brunell is on the bench, why can't we just let that go???
It's definately a tired subject, but I'm going to partake.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 11:49 AM   #156
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: Grade Jason Campbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
I'm not trying to set it up that way, but I would be surprised if someone could successfully argue that we are better now.

But yeah, we will get a more accurate sample as the season goes wrong. However, the point was to say that we are better right now than we were 5 weeks ago and back it up. That's not set up unfair. If it can't be done, it can't be done. I MIGHT be right, ya know.
You're right GTripp, it cannot be done. As you correctly note, the "sample size" is not big enough to state with any precision how "good" our offense is right now. But that also means that you CANNOT state with any precision how good our offense is right now (better or worse than under Brunell).

Please stop asking people to reference just stats or "case studies" in support of their arguments. Aren't you the one who said Brunell's performance in Philly was attributable to it being a road game in the friggin rain? You also claim that playcalling has adversely affected Brunell, and the offense more generally. So, if your arguments are, in part, based on things other than stats, you shouldn't complain when others do too. Stats and "case studies" are nice and all, but they are not the end all be all.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 12:12 PM   #157
The Starter
 
Southpaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: So. MD
Age: 35
Posts: 1,316
Re: Grade Jason Campbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
But you in many cases choose to ignore this neutral style that I use in presenting arguements and paint me to be a hard-assed jerk who can't admit that I'm wrong.
There's nothing neutral about this statement:"L's are L's, and the best chance to get W's is with Brunell (still). "

I know you want to believe you're playing this argument right down the middle, but if you're not a Brunell fanboy(which I believe you are), you're really playing the part of devil's advocate, by arguing on the side of Brunell simply because no one else is. If that's what you're doing, then so be it, but if you continue to support your argument with numbers only, and completely ignore the sub par, gutless play that was being displayed every Sunday fron the quarterback position, you can expect plenty of people to take issue with it.
Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 03:46 PM   #158
Impact Rookie
 
railcon56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 922
Re: Grade Jason Campbell

:vomit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Man this thread is blowing my mind. Brunell is on the bench, why can't we just let that go???
Campbell's thread hijacked into this Brunnell arguement:vomit:
__________________
Run or Pass and Score ..We Want Alot More!!!!
railcon56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 04:04 PM   #159
Impact Rookie
 
The Zimmermans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Woodley Park, Washington DC
Age: 30
Posts: 937
Re: Grade Jason Campbell

Campbell is my dad
__________________
Dan Snyder is a Cancer, Joe Gibbs is the Cure
The Zimmermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 04:18 PM   #160
Playmaker
 
illdefined's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: nyc
Age: 38
Posts: 2,631
Re: Grade Jason Campbell

Brunell = new Ramsey.
__________________
a fan. not a cheerleader.
illdefined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 10:18 PM   #161
Camp Scrub
 
44_Riggins_44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: alexandria, va
Age: 22
Posts: 73
Re: Grade Jason Campbell

A-. impressive for his first game, hes the real deal
__________________
Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.
- Joe Gibbs
44_Riggins_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29545 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25