Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Gibbs looks angry during press conference

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2006, 10:56 PM   #16
Special Teams
 
Master4Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: DC area
Posts: 374
Re: Gibbs looks angry during press conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I said it in another thread, I think he was calling out Saunders and GW a bit today. Anyone else get that feeling?
Yup! I heard it that way, too. He was calling out the coaches. I think he was challenging Saunders more. I mean, come on; 20 rushing attempts (5 by the QB) in a close game. That's not running the ball. You don't control the game clock when your pass:run ratio is 34:20.

Could say the same about the defense, but stopping the run is not a new issue. Letting a team you could/should have beat run for 181 yards and control the clock for 36 minutes is "not the principles we abide by."
Master4Caster is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-19-2006, 10:56 PM   #17
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: Gibbs looks angry during press conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
I'm talking about the inconsistent running game and playcalling. It's almost as if they're just drawing plays out of a hat. I think we should've kept with Joe Gibbs offense from a year ago and just added the receivers.
Wasn't it Joe Gibbs who wanted Al Saunders in here? Plays often look like they've been "drawn out of a hat" when the players who run them don't execute.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 11:10 PM   #18
The Starter
 
budw38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern,Va.
Posts: 2,381
Wink Re: Gibbs looks angry during press conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
It is funny how some of you guys can't get passed this thing with Joe Gibbs and Mark Brunell, but you can completely ignore the fact that the real reasons why we're losing games are the defense and the inconsistent playcalling from Al Saunders. I'll admit, I was very excited to see Al Saunders coming here, but this team wins with Joe Gibbs football, and they're not playing Joe Gibbs football.

A side note...I think Jason Campbell played more than well enough to have won us a ball game,but he has completely NO HELP from anybody else with the exception of Loyd, ARE, and Cooley.
We are losing games because of the guys that GIBBS wanted . Gibbs brought these players in here , and he brought in Saunders . Gibbs is they guy willing to trade draft picks like they are worthless . And he keeps talking about character ,, Moss and Taylor have committed about a dozen personal fouls this year . If character is so important , why do we keep going the the " U " for talent ? Moss , ya he is really tough sitting out again , he could have run some plays to help JC . JC looked good , now we need some help on the OL , DL , LB and DB's .
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 11:10 PM   #19
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: Gibbs looks angry during press conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
A side note...I think Jason Campbell played more than well enough to have won us a ball game,but he has completely NO HELP from anybody else with the exception of Loyd, ARE, and Cooley.
Randle El had one catch for 14 yards. He started today right? Was he #2 or #3 behind Thrash and Lloyd?

Maybe it was inexperience at QB combined with a good pass defense? At what point do we start raising some eyebrows at Randle El's production as a wideout?
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 11:26 PM   #20
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,356
Re: Gibbs looks angry during press conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master4Caster View Post
Yup! I heard it that way, too. He was calling out the coaches. I think he was challenging Saunders more. I mean, come on; 20 rushing attempts (5 by the QB) in a close game. That's not running the ball. You don't control the game clock when your pass:run ratio is 34:20.

Could say the same about the defense, but stopping the run is not a new issue. Letting a team you could/should have beat run for 181 yards and control the clock for 36 minutes is "not the principles we abide by."
Why is he calling out Sanders? We got behind and a lot of the throws came on the last drive. Plus we couldn't run the ball. If Gibbs has a problem with the play calling then he should take it over himself. Yes he was mad and it's about time. He should be mad getting becasue there is no way TB should run the ball for almost 200 yards. But the main problem is we just don't have the horses and throwing away the picks has really hurt the depth. So Gibbs has no one to blame but himself.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 11:27 PM   #21
Playmaker
 
70Chip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manassas
Age: 43
Posts: 3,048
Re: Gibbs looks angry during press conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
Randle El had one catch for 14 yards. He started today right? Was he #2 or #3 behind Thrash and Lloyd?

Maybe it was inexperience at QB combined with a good pass defense? At what point do we start raising some eyebrows at Randle El's production as a wideout?
He's never going to catch 80 balls. What they need from him is to do his punt return thing and then provide one or two explosive plays on offense per game. Those may be runs, passes, or catches. I don't see him ever breaking out for 10 catches and 200 yards in a game. If he were capable of that, he would have done it in Pittsburgh. The Steelers are not a club that allows any talent to go to waste. If he had potential as a great WR, Cowher would have dragged it out of him. Instead he ended up in the role that he did which will end up being the same role he plays for us. That's why Lloyd was also signed. He is the more traditional WR compliment to Moss.
__________________
This Monkey's Gone to Heaven
70Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 11:31 PM   #22
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,356
Re: Gibbs looks angry during press conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Chip View Post
He's never going to catch 80 balls. What they need from him is to do his punt return thing and then provide one or two explosive plays on offense per game. Those may be runs, passes, or catches. I don't see him ever breaking out for 10 catches and 200 yards in a game. If he were capable of that, he would have done it in Pittsburgh. The Steelers are not a club that allows any talent to go to waste. If he had potential as a great WR, Cowher would have dragged it out of him. Instead he ended up in the role that he did which will end up being the same role he plays for us. That's why Lloyd was also signed. He is the more traditional WR compliment to Moss.
If that is the case then he is being paid too much for what he is doing. That money he is making sure could be spent elsewhere.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 11:31 PM   #23
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: Gibbs looks angry during press conference

I guess I'm the only one who didn't see a whole lot of anger with Gibbs.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 11:33 PM   #24
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,598
Re: Gibbs looks angry during press conference

They tried some trickery with Cooley throwing to El. I prefer it when it's the other way around.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 11:37 PM   #25
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: Gibbs looks angry during press conference

He should be angry. We went from contender last year to arguably worst team in the league under his watch.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 11:38 PM   #26
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: Gibbs looks angry during press conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
Randle El had one catch for 14 yards. He started today right? Was he #2 or #3 behind Thrash and Lloyd?

Maybe it was inexperience at QB combined with a good pass defense? At what point do we start raising some eyebrows at Randle El's production as a wideout?
Look at his career stats. What did you expect from the guy, a 1000 yard season?
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 11:43 PM   #27
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,993
Re: Gibbs looks angry during press conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
Randle El had one catch for 14 yards. He started today right? Was he #2 or #3 behind Thrash and Lloyd?

Maybe it was inexperience at QB combined with a good pass defense? At what point do we start raising some eyebrows at Randle El's production as a wideout?
I was doing that last week.

I like Randle El, I wanted Randle El, thought he'd look good in Burgundy, and I still do. Just understand that as a wide receiver, there's nothing special about him. What's special about him is that he CAN hold his own at WR, while doing so much more for this team.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 11:43 PM   #28
Assistant Regional Mod
 
EternalEnigma21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Warrenton VA
Age: 34
Posts: 2,953
Re: Gibbs looks angry during press conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
I guess I'm the only one who didn't see a whole lot of anger with Gibbs.

I sensed it. I think Williams may be really close to the Hot Seat....


I wonder if the D keeps playing like it is where Williams will end up. I also wonder if Williams isn't pissed because of Saunders coming in and challenging him to be the predecessor here, because it looks like our D is CONSTANTLY out of position. You couldn't do that shit on purpose.

You guys still want him to be our next Head Coach?
__________________
Need electrical work in the Northern VA, or Shenandoah Valley? Click here

...and why do we still have a Tom Tupa avatar???
EternalEnigma21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 11:45 PM   #29
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: Gibbs looks angry during press conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by canthetuna View Post
I sensed it. I think Williams may be really close to the Hot Seat....


I wonder if the D keeps playing like it is where Williams will end up. I also wonder if Williams isn't pissed because of Saunders coming in and challenging him to be the predecessor here, because it looks like our D is CONSTANTLY out of position. You couldn't do that shit on purpose.

You guys still want him to be our next Head Coach?
I bet Williams would love to leave this situation. We are a joke.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 11:46 PM   #30
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,517
Re: Gibbs looks angry during press conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim21Reaper View Post
I bet Williams would love to leave this situation. We are a joke.
don't forget that he's part of the punchline too
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.34204 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25