Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Gibbs looks angry during press conference

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2006, 11:47 PM   #31
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,419
Re: Gibbs looks angry during press conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
I was doing that last week.

I like Randle El, I wanted Randle El, thought he'd look good in Burgundy, and I still do. Just understand that as a wide receiver, there's nothing special about him. What's special about him is that he CAN hold his own at WR, while doing so much more for this team.
If that's the case then don't overpay for his services. He's not worth the money they are paying him. Another bad move by the bad front office.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-19-2006, 11:48 PM   #32
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Gibbs looks angry during press conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Why is he calling out Sanders? We got behind and a lot of the throws came on the last drive. Plus we couldn't run the ball. If Gibbs has a problem with the play calling then he should take it over himself. Yes he was mad and it's about time. He should be mad getting becasue there is no way TB should run the ball for almost 200 yards. But the main problem is we just don't have the horses and throwing away the picks has really hurt the depth. So Gibbs has no one to blame but himself.
IMO, Al's playcalling has helped on the whole this year, but as far he was supposed to take us, I think he hid behind Brunell's supposed shortcomings and his line's inconsistent play in his playcalling earlier. My question is this: if Al thought that his plays would work if they could protect Brunell, why not call them? If the line misses a block, it's not Al's fault.

Now that he has the more mobile Campbell, there's less excuses to hide behind, but he should have done a better job with Brunell.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 11:49 PM   #33
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: Gibbs looks angry during press conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim21Reaper View Post
Look at his career stats. What did you expect from the guy, a 1000 yard season?
Well, his career stats as the #3 receiver behind Hines Ward and Plaxico Burress on a team committed to the run like the Steelers were bound to be diminished.

Maybe I was hoping the front office saw something in his athletic ability that I didn't ?

For the money that was thrown at him, I guess I expected better than one catch for 14 yards when our best wideout was injured. I mean James Thrash did better than that, for crying out loud.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 11:51 PM   #34
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Gibbs looks angry during press conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
If that's the case then don't overpay for his services. He's not worth the money they are paying him. Another bad move by the bad front office.
I think that was our best move this offseason.


But after we already brought in Lloyd, why not go spend the money on a lineman or something more useful?

Come to think of it, why DID we give a 3rd and 4th for Lloyd, if we were planning to outbid for Randle El.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 11:51 PM   #35
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: Gibbs looks angry during press conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
Well, his career stats as the #3 receiver behind Hines Ward and Plaxico Burress on a team committed to the run like the Steelers were bound to be diminished.

Maybe I was hoping the front office saw something in his athletic ability that I didn't ?

For the money that was thrown at him, I guess I expected better than one catch for 14 yards when our best wideout was injured. I mean James Thrash did better than that, for crying out loud.
You just answered your own question "#3 receiver". What would give you any faith in our front office?
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 11:52 PM   #36
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: Gibbs looks angry during press conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
I think that was our best move this offseason.
Relatively speaking, you are correct.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 11:53 PM   #37
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,626
Re: Gibbs looks angry during press conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by canthetuna View Post
I sensed it. I think Williams may be really close to the Hot Seat....


I wonder if the D keeps playing like it is where Williams will end up. I also wonder if Williams isn't pissed because of Saunders coming in and challenging him to be the predecessor here, because it looks like our D is CONSTANTLY out of position. You couldn't do that shit on purpose.

You guys still want him to be our next Head Coach?
I wonder if Williams has some feeling of being an outsider now that Saunders is here as the other Associate-Head Coach. I mean Gibbs and Saunders have a bit of a history together having coached at the same time in college, and both being disciples of Coryell. And you ever notice how Gibbs always talks about smart Saunders is and how he's got such a great work ethic and he's putting in the hours to get the ship righted? I can't remember the last time he really spoke about GW in any such way.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 11:55 PM   #38
Special Teams
 
Citizens for 81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 40
Posts: 410
Re: Gibbs looks angry during press conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
I guess I'm the only one who didn't see a whole lot of anger with Gibbs.
Gibbs is hard to read he's definitely not a "crown their asses" kind of coach, but he certainly sounded more emotional than usual.
__________________
"At night there is no such thing as an ugly woman."

Ovid (43 B.C.- A.D. 17)
Citizens for 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 11:55 PM   #39
Playmaker
 
70Chip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manassas
Age: 43
Posts: 3,048
Re: Gibbs looks angry during press conference

When I watch Carlos Rogers try to cover, I think that Williams deserves to be in the HoF for holding Tampa to 20 points today. He really is having to compensate for his secondary. When we get in Goalline where he can commit to stopping the run, they look like the last two years Redskins. Between the twenties where he has to worry about big plays, they get gashed. I think he is being forced to play conservative because Springs is the only guy that can cover and he's not 100 percent. Ditto Taylor. He looked like he had the flu or something today. I don't believe that the D-Line is the culprit. Otherwise they wouldn't be capable of goalline stands like they are. I think it's injuries, shoddy play at 2 or 3 critical positions, and scheme.
__________________
This Monkey's Gone to Heaven
70Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 11:56 PM   #40
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,109
Re: Gibbs looks angry during press conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizens for 81 View Post
Gibbs is hard to read he's definitely not a "crown their asses" kind of coach, but he certainly sounded more emotional than usual.
yeah this story mentions his frustrations

Defenseless - washingtonpost.com
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 11:57 PM   #41
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: Gibbs looks angry during press conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim21Reaper View Post
You just answered your own question "#3 receiver". What would give you any faith in our front office?
But was he #3 by virtue of his inabilities as a wide receiver, or by the fact that he wasn't as experienced as Ward or Burress? I guess we're learning the answer to that now. Talk about an expensive lesson.

My expectations of him, and the front office were obviously way too high.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 11:57 PM   #42
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: Gibbs looks angry during press conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
don't forget that he's part of the punchline too
He definitely shares the blame but he can leave this fairly unscathed. If he wants to be a head coach next year, he will have no problem.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 11:58 PM   #43
Playmaker
 
70Chip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manassas
Age: 43
Posts: 3,048
Re: Gibbs looks angry during press conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS View Post
I wonder if Williams has some feeling of being an outsider now that Saunders is here as the other Associate-Head Coach. I mean Gibbs and Saunders have a bit of a history together having coached at the same time in college, and both being disciples of Coryell. And you ever notice how Gibbs always talks about smart Saunders is and how he's got such a great work ethic and he's putting in the hours to get the ship righted? I can't remember the last time he really spoke about GW in any such way.
I don't get that vibe at all. I think Saunders will leave the Redskins after this year. I think Gibbs hates his guts. They really didn't know each other before now at all. Williams is still the heir aparrent.
__________________
This Monkey's Gone to Heaven
70Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 11:58 PM   #44
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,109
Re: Gibbs looks angry during press conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim21Reaper View Post
He definitely shares the blame but he can leave this fairly unscathed. If he wants to be a head coach next year, he will have no problem.
Maybe... but he's definitely not the hot property he was last year at this time. His stock has taken a hit.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 11:59 PM   #45
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: Gibbs looks angry during press conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
But was he #3 by virtue of his inabilities as a wide receiver, or by the fact that he wasn't as experienced as Ward or Burress? I guess we're learning the answer to that now. Talk about an expensive lesson.

My expectations of him, and the front office were obviously way too high.
For what it's worth he does add an unusual dimension to any offense and he is a great punt returner.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32897 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25