Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Cowboys Boys Built Through Draft

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2006, 02:00 PM   #1
Special Teams
 
chris36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 183
Cowboys Boys Built Through Draft

I got sick when the announcers said that the Cowboy's were built to last, because they were built through the draft. I started realizing the the Redskins need a complete overhaul. We need to revamp our defensive and offensive lines. We also need to better our linebackers, except for Washington. I am also tired of hearing about continuity, we only have two new starters on defense and two on offense. You cant ask for more continuity than that. The worst part about it all the Redskins don't have the cap room, to improve through free agency and at this point they should not try to. That may mean biting the bullet next year and sucking again.
chris36 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-24-2006, 02:05 PM   #2
Impact Rookie
 
hurrykaine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Washington, D.C.
Age: 41
Posts: 762
Re: Cowboys Boys Built Through Draft

Barring a miracle in this year's offseason, I see us sucking for the next 2-3 years given the state of our roster with aging players on the decline.

Perhaps Jansen and Thomas poor play is an abberation this year and they'll pick it up next year. Maybe Jansen has to have his thumbs in a cast to play well. On defense, the line needs to be overhauled completely.
hurrykaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 02:06 PM   #3
The Starter
 
sandtrapjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,594
Re: Cowboys Boys Built Through Draft

Agreed. Cannot fault Snyder for his intentions, he has always tried to put the best product on the field for this team.

But the Redskin fans deserve better than what has been put out there.

Unfortunately, the draft will be hard on Washington too as the front office has been squandering high round draft picks for players.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 02:16 PM   #4
Special Teams
 
Oakland Red's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Oakland, Calif.
Posts: 268
Re: Cowboys Boys Built Through Draft

I don't think we need a complete overhaul. We need a new offensive tackle to replace Jon Jansen, who seems to be ready for a backup role. Otherwise, we have all the players on offense I think.

On defense, we need to sign a cornerback like Nate Clements. Springs' ability to stay healthy is something we can't count on. Carlos Rogers has great ability, yet it doesn't seem he has been able to realize it enough. We need a new middle linebacker. Lemar doesn't seem to be strong enough to be the starter in the middle. We should start McIntosh in place of Holdman, perhaps sometime this year. We have to find an answer at safety if Troy Vincent isn't able to take on a starting role next year. We need a strong signal caller on defense that can keep players in the right position.

And we could use another pass rushing defensive end.

We need far better decision making about who we keep on defense and who we don't, who plays and who doesn't.

We need to play with fire and intensity.

I think we have a lot of needs, but not for a complete overhaul. Changes can be made to make us a very dangerous team for next year. The offense certainly will be fully ready to make Saunders' schemes work.
Oakland Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 02:48 PM   #5
Camp Scrub
 
NoviSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 60
Re: Cowboys Boys Built Through Draft

Why don't you tools go blow the cowboys somewhere else.
NoviSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 02:52 PM   #6
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,228
Re: Cowboys Boys Built Through Draft

Noviskin, this site is for objective fans. The Cowboys are striking on all cylinders right now and look great. We look like a clusterfuck. Nothing wrong with a little reverse engineering.
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 02:53 PM   #7
Special Teams
 
PFunk26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Grafton, WI
Age: 34
Posts: 355
Re: Cowboys Boys Built Through Draft

So now we're modeling ourselves after the cowboys?!? It's a sad day at Tha' Path boo to all the cowboy chatter lately!!
__________________
'I don’t care what it takes, we’re not leaving here without another ring.’ ”
PFunk26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 03:07 PM   #8
Special Teams
 
DirtBagZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 355
Re: Cowboys Boys Built Through Draft

Nate Clements is not the answer...that is yet again the FA quick fix approach, and what has that done for this team? Two playoff appearances for the Snydermen?

It is time for wholesale change, and Gibbs is the one to make it happen. This offeseason, no free-agents. If anythings see if we can dangle some of our 'so called' talent in a trade for extra draft picks. Since there is no limit it seems on spending for coaches and staff, hire a shitload of scouts, to search for the hidden gems that are out there.

With Jason Campbell we may at last have our cornerstone QB. Now is the time to go through the painful process of building this team from the ground up. Figure out what core needs to put around Campbell for the long haul. With respect to the defence, the draft is the way to go, and Parcells has shown the way with how he has rebuilt the Cowboy's front seven. For those who are high on ST, make him the cornerstone of the D.
DirtBagZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 03:11 PM   #9
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,389
Re: Cowboys Boys Built Through Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurrykaine View Post
Barring a miracle in this year's offseason, I see us sucking for the next 2-3 years given the state of our roster with aging players on the decline.

Perhaps Jansen and Thomas poor play is an abberation this year and they'll pick it up next year. Maybe Jansen has to have his thumbs in a cast to play well. On defense, the line needs to be overhauled completely.
TO early to freak. The one thing Danny is the master of is finance. how many times have the Doomsdayers proclaimed that CAP HELL would besiege the Skins overspending ways?????? It has yet to happen, and I would be shocked if it happened this year. Just look at the USA. Proof you don't EVER have to pay your bills
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 03:33 PM   #10
Playmaker
 
70Chip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manassas
Age: 43
Posts: 3,048
Re: Cowboys Boys Built Through Draft

Built through the draft except for T.O. and the kicker.
And Terry Glenn. Probably several others. It doesn't matter because they are not going to win it all. They are good enough to get close, but that's it. Parcells will never win another Championship. I will enjoy watching him strive for it, knowing full well that he will fail. Then he'll quit and Jones will re-assert himself and they will suck once more.
__________________
This Monkey's Gone to Heaven
70Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 04:50 PM   #11
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,389
Re: Cowboys Boys Built Through Draft

There is ALWAYS a bright side!
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 05:09 PM   #12
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,023
Re: Cowboys Boys Built Through Draft

Enough with the Dallas lovefest, don't we hear enough of it through the media?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 05:11 PM   #13
Playmaker
 
SouperMeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Leesburg, VA
Age: 50
Posts: 3,131
Re: Cowboys Boys Built Through Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakland Red View Post
I don't think we need a complete overhaul. We need a new offensive tackle to replace Jon Jansen, who seems to be ready for a backup role. Otherwise, we have all the players on offense I think.

On defense, we need to sign a cornerback like Nate Clements. Springs' ability to stay healthy is something we can't count on. Carlos Rogers has great ability, yet it doesn't seem he has been able to realize it enough. We need a new middle linebacker. Lemar doesn't seem to be strong enough to be the starter in the middle. We should start McIntosh in place of Holdman, perhaps sometime this year. We have to find an answer at safety if Troy Vincent isn't able to take on a starting role next year. We need a strong signal caller on defense that can keep players in the right position.

And we could use another pass rushing defensive end.

We need far better decision making about who we keep on defense and who we don't, who plays and who doesn't.

We need to play with fire and intensity.

I think we have a lot of needs, but not for a complete overhaul. Changes can be made to make us a very dangerous team for next year. The offense certainly will be fully ready to make Saunders' schemes work.
If we sign Clements to a big contract, I think I'll puke. That would be further evidence that this FO still doesn't get it. Until the Skins improve the overall D-line play, even D Green and Meion Sanders in their prime would be torched playing on this defense. After reading Jaworski's analysis of Jason Campbell, I'm convinced that the O-line also needs some young blood to give Campbell sufficient time. We are paying a ton of money to Jansen and Samuels, and neither are top flite OTs anymore.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 05:17 PM   #14
Playmaker
 
SouperMeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Leesburg, VA
Age: 50
Posts: 3,131
Re: Cowboys Boys Built Through Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Chip View Post
Built through the draft except for T.O. and the kicker.
And Terry Glenn. Probably several others. It doesn't matter because they are not going to win it all. They are good enough to get close, but that's it. Parcells will never win another Championship. I will enjoy watching him strive for it, knowing full well that he will fail. Then he'll quit and Jones will re-assert himself and they will suck once more.
If anything, I think Romo's play has the Tuna looking as giddy as I can ever remember. I can't imagine Parcells bailing now that he may have found a franchise QB. I like how he and Jerry have built Dallas mostly through the draft. I hate to say it, but Dallas may be the best team in the NFC right now. They spanked the Panthers in Charlotte, and would have a nice little winning streak but for our miracle win on Vincent's blocked FG.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 06:03 PM   #15
Closet Redskins Fan
 
5RINGS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 495
Re: Cowboys Boys Built Through Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Chip View Post
Built through the draft except for T.O. and the kicker.
And Terry Glenn. Probably several others. It doesn't matter because they are not going to win it all. They are good enough to get close, but that's it. Parcells will never win another Championship. I will enjoy watching him strive for it, knowing full well that he will fail. Then he'll quit and Jones will re-assert himself and they will suck once more.
Wow.

That is old time Redskin-Cowboys hate!!!!
__________________
I am a complete and unabashed Romosexual.
5RINGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30231 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25