Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Finally a piss free thread (hopefully)

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2006, 05:25 PM   #1
Camp Scrub
 
ridexile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 29
Finally a piss free thread (hopefully)

A couple days ago i started a thread that asked what we could hypothetically get for portis if we were to trade him, but all of you couldnt have fun with it and pissed all over it saying that Portis would never be traded so it was a stupid thread. Well now I'm asking the same question, but about someone that likely will be traded, Shawn Springs. Why is it likely that he'll be traded? well it's kinda obvious that he is the source of Tom friend's article, and this source supposivly wants out next season.
ridexile is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-28-2006, 05:27 PM   #2
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 33
Posts: 17,643
Re: Finally a piss free thread (hopefully)

Most people are thinking it's because we'll try and get Nate Clements. I don't think he'll be gone so much as we'll keep him in at safety or nickel.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 05:32 PM   #3
The Starter
 
#56fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Charlotte NC
Age: 40
Posts: 1,789
Re: Finally a piss free thread (hopefully)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridexile View Post
A couple days ago i started a thread that asked what we could hypothetically get for portis if we were to trade him, but all of you couldnt have fun with it and pissed all over it saying that Portis would never be traded so it was a stupid thread. Well now I'm asking the same question, but about someone that likely will be traded, Shawn Springs. Why is it likely that he'll be traded? well it's kinda obvious that he is the source of Tom friend's article, and this source supposivly wants out next season.
How and where did you see that Springs was the source. I would like to see that. In no way would I think he was the person to say what was said. He has been nothing but solid since coming here and he is a Gibbs guy. no way he leaves. on the trade question, we would not be able to trade him, he is too old. and now the groin issue has come up again this year. if we got a 6th or 7th rounder I would be surprised.
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 05:33 PM   #4
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,470
Re: Finally a piss free thread (hopefully)

let me..........wip dis' out! We need to keep Shawn and bring in a fresh face to AT LEAST be learning the trade, if not talented enough to be starting immediately....in a perfect world
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 05:33 PM   #5
Mr. Brightside
 
Big C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Age: 28
Posts: 4,442
Re: Finally a piss free thread (hopefully)

i doubt we can trade a 31 year old cornerback and expect anything in return
__________________
"I don't care what nobody say I'm a be me, stay hood stay real, cause I'm out here grindin'" -Joe Gibbs
Big C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 05:34 PM   #6
Registered User
 
wilsowilso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Age: 41
Posts: 2,841
Re: Finally a piss free thread (hopefully)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridexile View Post
A couple days ago i started a thread that asked what we could hypothetically get for portis if we were to trade him, but all of you couldnt have fun with it and pissed all over it saying that Portis would never be traded so it was a stupid thread. Well now I'm asking the same question, but about someone that likely will be traded, Shawn Springs. Why is it likely that he'll be traded? well it's kinda obvious that he is the source of Tom friend's article, and this source supposivly wants out next season.
There's only just a little doubt in my mind left that you are none other than Kidwell, but as long as you can show some restraint I won't say anything to anyone I promise.
wilsowilso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 05:39 PM   #7
Playmaker
 
GhettoDogAllStars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Age: 32
Posts: 2,761
Re: Finally a piss free thread (hopefully)

Just like everyone else said: Springs is too old, and basically un-tradeable. I can only see Springs being traded for a malcontent, or someone who'd be cut from their team anyways (along the lines of the Jacobs/Rumph trade).
__________________
To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid, you must also be well-mannered.
GhettoDogAllStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 05:45 PM   #8
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,365
Re: Finally a piss free thread (hopefully)

We could trade him, we'd have to carry $7.4 million in dead money in 2007, which really isn't any more than the $7.3 million he's already scheduled to count for in 07.

Of course, if we kept him, we'd end up renegotiating his contract and reducing that $7.3 m down by quite a bit. So in reality, trading him comes with an opportunity cost of quite a bit of cap space.

We could handle the cap situation if we wanted him off the team really badly. But saying he's the deep throat from the Tom Friend article is definitely jumping to conclusions and based purely on speculation. His play is steadily improving now that he's back from his groin issues.

I see the need to upgrade at CB, if not for next season, then at least to get some young talent in house to be groomed to one day replace Springs. But I don't think it's a wise move to get rid of him outright. Especially considering we'd be lucky to net anything higher than a 3rd rounder for him.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 05:47 PM   #9
Camp Scrub
 
ridexile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 29
Re: Finally a piss free thread (hopefully)

Quote:
Originally Posted by #56fanatic View Post
How and where did you see that Springs was the source. I would like to see that. In no way would I think he was the person to say what was said. He has been nothing but solid since coming here and he is a Gibbs guy. no way he leaves. on the trade question, we would not be able to trade him, he is too old. and now the groin issue has come up again this year. if we got a 6th or 7th rounder I would be surprised.
Dexter manley said that the source is a current starter, from what was said in the article the source is almost definately in the secondary and is almost definately not new to the team, so that leaves Rogers, Springs, and Taylor. But the source also said that no other team in the NFL has separate safeties coaches and cornerback coaches, and that suggests that the player has been on another team. Also Manley said that his contract is ending soon, and even springs contract ends in 09, it is the shortest of the 3. Plus springs is known to speak to the media, and younger guys like rogers and taylor generally dont. Vincent is also a possibility, but I dont think so because he has been on the team for such a short amount of time.
ridexile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 05:52 PM   #10
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Finally a piss free thread (hopefully)

So how does Dexter Manley know so much about who said what on the Redskins?

Springs said it wasn't him, I believe him.
Rogers said it wasn't him, I beleive him too.
Sean Taylor doesn't even talk to the media, at all, so it couldn't be him.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 05:53 PM   #11
Camp Scrub
 
ridexile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 29
Re: Finally a piss free thread (hopefully)

I was thinking that we could trade him for another old guy who is good who plays whatever position we use our number one draft pick on (if we use it), that way we can phase our rookie in if he is not ready
ridexile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 05:54 PM   #12
Thank You, Sean.
 
Gmanc711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Age: 29
Posts: 7,505
Re: Finally a piss free thread (hopefully)

A contract ending in 09' is not soon. Honestly, I dont know if I belive Manley on the source to be quite truthful. SOmthing about this whole situation is really really fishy.
__________________
#21
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 05:56 PM   #13
Thank You, Sean.
 
Gmanc711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Age: 29
Posts: 7,505
Re: Finally a piss free thread (hopefully)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
So how does Dexter Manley know so much about who said what on the Redskins?

Springs said it wasn't him, I believe him.
Rogers said it wasn't him, I beleive him too.
Sean Taylor doesn't even talk to the media, at all, so it couldn't be him.
Exactly.

The article said an unidentifyed Redskins player. Did it even say current player? Honestly I would think its LaVar or Antonio if anyone. Again, obviously I want to be with my boys on this one and hope no one said it, but I dont understand how Manley knows. Would Friend even tell anyone? Isnt that breaking codes of journalism? I dont know
__________________
#21
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 05:56 PM   #14
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Finally a piss free thread (hopefully)

It's funny, one of the only people not to actually weigh in on the matter is AA.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 05:58 PM   #15
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,365
Re: Finally a piss free thread (hopefully)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridexile View Post
Dexter manley said that the source is a current starter, from what was said in the article the source is almost definately in the secondary and is almost definately not new to the team, so that leaves Rogers, Springs, and Taylor. But the source also said that no other team in the NFL has separate safeties coaches and cornerback coaches, and that suggests that the player has been on another team. Also Manley said that his contract is ending soon, and even springs contract ends in 09, it is the shortest of the 3. Plus springs is known to speak to the media, and younger guys like rogers and taylor generally dont. Vincent is also a possibility, but I dont think so because he has been on the team for such a short amount of time.
This is exactly what I'm talking about. Your post is chock full of nothing but speculation. We have no effing idea who it is. Everybody has a theory, including 'Redskins experts' like Manley, but to trade someone based on a suspicion that they're dissenting is retarded.

If Gibbs and company actually find out for a fact that it's Springs, and they think his attitude can't work on the team, then by all means I'm in favor of dealing him. But until anybody can tell who is the deep throat, FOR SURE, then it's retarded to take any actions.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29912 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25