Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Gibbs will be back next year

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2006, 11:21 AM   #61
Special Teams
 
61cad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Reston, VA
Posts: 296
Re: Gibbs will be back next year

If this team stinks up pre-season again and goes 50%or under on wins next year will Gibbs still have a "pass" to coach the 5th season of his contract?

Looking at the Skins coaching moves last year, is the plan of Gibbs leaving this team after year 5 still make sense?

Based on those coaching moves would Gibbs have to be a GM to make this year coaching moves stable for the Skins in the year after Gibbs retires?

Lot of talk about the stability Gibbs brings, but is there stability once he leaves or moves out of the heading coaching job?
__________________
DAMN YOU SAM HUFF, F****ING NEW YORK GIANT!
61cad is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-08-2006, 11:26 AM   #62
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Gibbs will be back next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
Moss hasn't been out that much. And of the 12 games we've played, Portis has started 7, and played in 8. His presence wasn't that big of a factor when he was playing. Springs being out hurt in the beginning, but at full strength we'd still be having problems on the D.

Also, not many teams can say they've had the kind of stability we've had at the O-line.

Blaming this season on injuries would be an incredible cop-out.
I agree that injuries are a reality in the NFL, not an excuse.

Yes, they have played a role, but in the end I think it has had little to do with the overall performance of the team this year.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 11:41 AM   #63
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 41
Posts: 5,301
Re: Gibbs will be back next year

Just checked NFL.com:

Along the D-line, Cornelius Griffin has played in 10 of 12 games, Salave'a in 9 of 12, and no time has been missed by the two starting D-ends, Daniels and Carter.

Other than Springs, the D has had virtually a clean bill of health.

And that's what's scary.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 11:46 AM   #64
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,110
Re: Gibbs will be back next year

Except in some cases I think guys were playing when they shouldn't have been. Griffin and Salave'a have definitely played hurt when they probably should have been sitting, which was a detriment
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 11:50 AM   #65
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,330
Re: Gibbs will be back next year

Rogers missed a start and Vincent has been out lately. Prioleau was done from the start. Daniels always seems to be nursing a bad back. Griffin hasn't been as effective this year as in the past. Marshall seems to be hampered by his shoulder. Big Joe has simply lost his job anyway to Golston.

Injuries happen to every team and it certainly doesn't full excuse their piss poor performances this year. But they have been a factor to some degree.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:04 PM   #66
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Gibbs will be back next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Rogers missed a start and Vincent has been out lately. Prioleau was done from the start. Daniels always seems to be nursing a bad back. Griffin hasn't been as effective this year as in the past. Marshall seems to be hampered by his shoulder. Big Joe has simply lost his job anyway to Golston.

Injuries happen to every team and it certainly doesn't full excuse their piss poor performances this year. But they have been a factor to some degree.
But that's life in the NFL, Matty. All teams have guys nursing injuries along the way. Heck, the Giants are still in the hunt and they've been missing both DEs for a good portion of the season. Same thing with their LBs.

I forget which team I was wathching the other day, but they were down to their second and third string corners, and we're still holding up well in pass coverage.

All I'm saying is the question isn't whether or not your key guys get injured, it's how well you manage through those injuries. Who's stepping up to fill the role. The good teams seem to always find a way and the mediocre ones don't.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:16 PM   #67
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 52
Posts: 9,236
Re: Gibbs will be back next year

Actually, the injury that I think has hurt us the most is one of the least publicized. Prileaou's (not sure on the spelling but I am just gonna put in a bunch of vowels and hope for the best) injury altered the way they had to approach the secondary - he was a starting quality safety who was more cover man than run stopper, you know the anti-Archuleta. With him, instead of Arch on the nickel and dime packages, the corners are free to blitz OR keep Arch in and play 3 deep with one of the three blitzing and the other two providing covage, etc.

Prelouai (I am resolved to spelling his name with a different vowel combination each time I use it) gave Williams the flexibility he craves in a defensive player. Also, he was an excellent special teams guy (again, the Anti-Archuletta).
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:16 PM   #68
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,330
Re: Gibbs will be back next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
But that's life in the NFL, Matty. All teams have guys nursing injuries along the way. Heck, the Giants are still in the hunt and they've been missing both DEs for a good portion of the season. Same thing with their LBs.

I forget which team I was wathching the other day, but they were down to their second and third string corners, and we're still holding up well in pass coverage.

All I'm saying is the question isn't whether or not your key guys get injured, it's how well you manage through those injuries. Who's stepping up to fill the role. The good teams seem to always find a way and the mediocre ones don't.
I'm not disputing that injuries are a part of the NFL.

I'm just saying they are a factor, a factor for every team. Some teams can fight through but it all depends on the severity of the injuries and what key guys are hurt.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:25 PM   #69
Playmaker
 
724Skinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 3,508
Re: Gibbs will be back next year

Injuries are a factor but not so much as the loss of the individual but how it impacts the belief that other players and coaches have in the individual that steps up. If the team doesn't believe or loses faith in one another then you're looking at a peformance affecting chain reaction due to one or many guys injuries.
__________________
"I hope I'm getting better. I hope you haven't seen my best." - Jim Zorn
724Skinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:30 PM   #70
MVP
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 10,110
Re: Gibbs will be back next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I'm not disputing that injuries are a part of the NFL.

I'm just saying they are a factor, a factor for every team. Some teams can fight through but it all depends on the severity of the injuries and what key guys are hurt.
The teams that fight through injuries ( for the most part) are the teams with quality depth. We have NO QUALITY DEPTH. Example. 2nd rounder to move up to get Rocky. The 3rd & 4th rounders we gave to SF for LLoyd. 3rd rounder given up to Duckett. I could go on. My point is these moves that are going to hurt the depth of the team in the future. These are guys you groom in your system that add depth and play teams.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:32 PM   #71
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 53
Posts: 10,525
Re: Gibbs will be back next year

you could have saved yourself alot of writing and just said, good teams fight thru injuries
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:36 PM   #72
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 32
Posts: 8,030
Re: Gibbs will be back next year

I don't really like it when people say a team has to be strong enough to fight through all their injuries because every team faces them because it totally takes out the fact that luck plays into it so much. For example, if the Colts lost one of their guards they might be lucky enough to have a backup who can fill in and the team won't miss a beat, but if they lose Manning they are S.O.L. It's all a matter of who you lose and when you lose him.


But basically this was just a post made so that I can remind everyone that 724Skinsfan sucks the big one. He lacks proper personal grooming techniques and I have it on good authority that he doesn't signal when changing lanes on the highway.
Suck it, 724. Suck it indeed.
__________________
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." The Dude
ArtMonkDrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:44 PM   #73
Playmaker
 
724Skinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 3,508
Re: Gibbs will be back next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
I don't really like it when people say a team has to be strong enough to fight through all their injuries because every team faces them because it totally takes out the fact that luck plays into it so much. For example, if the Colts lost one of their guards they might be lucky enough to have a backup who can fill in and the team won't miss a beat, but if they lose Manning they are S.O.L. It's all a matter of who you lose and when you lose him.


But basically this was just a post made so that I can remind everyone that 724Skinsfan sucks the big one. He lacks proper personal grooming techniques and I have it on good authority that he doesn't signal when changing lanes on the highway.
Suck it, 724. Suck it indeed.
{sigh} It doesn't bother me to hear this from the likes of...ewe.
__________________
"I hope I'm getting better. I hope you haven't seen my best." - Jim Zorn
724Skinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:52 PM   #74
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Gibbs will be back next year

Did you two have a spat before bed last night?
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:54 PM   #75
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 32
Posts: 8,030
Re: Gibbs will be back next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Did you two have a spat before bed last night?
Like you wouldn't believe. I caught him trying on the french maid outfit I got him for X-mas. That was supposed to be a suprise damnit!


And I need to stop the hijacking before I get yelled at.
__________________
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." The Dude
ArtMonkDrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.36763 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25