Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Doc Walker

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2006, 03:50 PM   #16
Special Teams
 
BeastsoftheNFCeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 331
Re: Doc Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperMeister View Post
Actually we "only" traded our 2005 3rd and 2006 1st and 4th for Campbell. That's still a steep price that should dictate playing him to see what he can do.
my bad i was getting confused with us trading 2 2nds and a 6th for McIntosh in the 2nd, man we seriously gotta stop overpaying for shit.
BeastsoftheNFCeast is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-05-2006, 04:35 PM   #17
Playmaker
 
djnemo65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: MA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,836
Re: Doc Walker

I remember first hearing rumors we might TRADE for Brunell (remember this is when most observers believed the team's future to lie with Ramsey) and I said no way, that's crazy.

You just never know with this team. I can see Gibbs now being like, we decided to go with the veteran (Leftwhich). He's tough as nails, a real fighter. He's gonna teach Jason a lot of things. Ah shucks, I wish we could play both of them.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 05:57 PM   #18
Camp Scrub
 
soccercycbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 60
Re: Doc Walker - Redskin Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe1984 View Post
Last night during the John Thompson show on Sports Talk 980, Doc Walker made some pretty bold predictions about next year. I'd say 80% of the stuff he says about the Skins is negative, but he was pretty adament last night about how these two following predictions are going to come true next year. A) Byron Leftwich is going to play for the Skins. B) Al Saunders will no longer be with the team. I really hope that neither one of these predictions is true, and they do sound a little far fetched to me. I don't see how bringing in Leftwich is a good idea, that would just cause another QB controversey, and I hope the Redskins can atleast give Saunders another try because God knows what happens when he keep changing personel. What does everyone else think? What does everyone think of Doc Walker in general?
That would be just plain retarded. It would only succeed in furthering our reputation as the laughing stocks of the NFL. Give up on our 1st round QB after half a season and fire our multi-million $ "savior" of the offense. I don't think I've ever heard Doc but it sounds like he's an idiot to me.
soccercycbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 08:07 PM   #19
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: Doc Walker - Redskin Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
I think Doc is trying to make some bold predictions, but it doesn't seem like he has any more inside info than J. Laconfora at the washpost, i.e. I wouldn't put much faith in his predictions based on past experience.
How did his prediction look after the first quarter?

Doc has access that LaCanfora can only dream of (plus he doesn't work for the Post which is an automatic leg up). First of all Doc is in the fraternity (he is an original member of the hogs and architect of the funbunch, not to mention, he sealed the edge on 70 chip). He has addressed the team before big games and his passion for the Burgandy and Gold is second to none. When he criticizes the team it is because he hurts when they lose.

He also does a weekly radio show with Big Joe and they talk to Portis every week. I guarantee that he has several good sources on the team.

Bringing in Leftwich doesn't seem so far-fetched. He is a traditional pocket passer and a Veteran.

Saunders gone. While I don't want to see it, it seems very natural given all of the blame that he is receiving.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 08:10 PM   #20
Impact Rookie
 
AlvinWalton'sNeckBrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Age: 29
Posts: 896
Re: Doc Walker

if Snyder and Co still haven't learned their lessons about continuity and free agent splashes...then we'll never win again until he's dead...as far as AS goes, losing him wouldn't be as bad as everyone says. 1. Most of the offense already knows Joe's offense. 2. Gibbs has a MUCH smaller playbook. 3. Much of what Gibbs does is already being used this season. That being said, I still don't want the man to leave.
AlvinWalton'sNeckBrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 05:29 PM   #21
Impact Rookie
 
Bill B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 721
Re: Doc Walker

Doc also said on the John Thompson radio show after the win over the Panthers that the Skins were going to run the table and win out all their remaining games. The Skins couldn't even win the 1st leg of that prediction.

Bringing in Leftwich here makes no sense. Why not let Jason grow, keep Colllins as the backup since he knows Saunders system and is very cheap, and start building the team through drafting the next few years? I know that the team has a mindset of making the biggest splash in the offseason, but when they kept everyone last year and did not make any huge offseason changes they made the playoffs.
Bill B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 12:13 AM   #22
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: Doc Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill B View Post
Doc also said on the John Thompson radio show after the win over the Panthers that the Skins were going to run the table and win out all their remaining games. The Skins couldn't even win the 1st leg of that prediction.

Bringing in Leftwich here makes no sense. Why not let Jason grow, keep Colllins as the backup since he knows Saunders system and is very cheap, and start building the team through drafting the next few years? I know that the team has a mindset of making the biggest splash in the offseason, but when they kept everyone last year and did not make any huge offseason changes they made the playoffs.

I like it when people say that certain moves "make no sense". Pick any of our drafts in the last 5 years and you can use that phrase 100 times. Why would they start building through the draft? They didn't do it when Gibbs was here the first time. They don't do it now. How do you build through the draft when you don't have picks? When are people going to wake up around here? Our moves are not going to make sense. This is a marketing firm first, football team second.

Which will come first, the Redskins are worth 2 billion (hell, 3 billion) or a Super Bowl appearance?

I know where I would put my money.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 01:06 PM   #23
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: Doc Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim21Reaper View Post
I like it when people say that certain moves "make no sense". Pick any of our drafts in the last 5 years and you can use that phrase 100 times. Why would they start building through the draft? They didn't do it when Gibbs was here the first time. They don't do it now. How do you build through the draft when you don't have picks? When are people going to wake up around here? Our moves are not going to make sense. This is a marketing firm first, football team second.

Which will come first, the Redskins are worth 2 billion (hell, 3 billion) or a Super Bowl appearance?

I know where I would put my money.
not true about the draft when Gibbs was here the first time. All of the hogs & no. of stars on D came through the draft. It wasn't until the late 80s that we got a no. of guys from the usfl & Plan B free agency. Bobby Beathard earned his rep back then by finding great players in late rounds & from small schools.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 01:12 PM   #24
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: Doc Walker - Redskin Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim21Reaper View Post
How did his prediction look after the first quarter?

Doc has access that LaCanfora can only dream of (plus he doesn't work for the Post which is an automatic leg up). First of all Doc is in the fraternity (he is an original member of the hogs and architect of the funbunch, not to mention, he sealed the edge on 70 chip). He has addressed the team before big games and his passion for the Burgandy and Gold is second to none. When he criticizes the team it is because he hurts when they lose.

He also does a weekly radio show with Big Joe and they talk to Portis every week. I guarantee that he has several good sources on the team.

Bringing in Leftwich doesn't seem so far-fetched. He is a traditional pocket passer and a Veteran.

Saunders gone. While I don't want to see it, it seems very natural given all of the blame that he is receiving.
Understood, I remember Doc fondly in #88 w/the Hogs & I know he's still around the team. But the fact is, he now works for the media for a living & he is a sr. citizen to most of the players. They may respect him more due to his playing history, but he's not necessarily going to get better inside info than any reporter, unless he's particularly good at it, which I don't know that he is. Anyone who talks to him has to realize that he's on tv talking quite a bit.
He may have sources inside the team as you say, I'm only judging what I've heard from him on comcast & other stations. Maybe one of his sources is predicting both of these things, but doesn't really have anything of substance at this point. I sure hope so.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 08:36 PM   #25
Special Teams
 
charlielyons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Richmond, Va
Posts: 394
Re: Doc Walker - Redskin Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe1984 View Post
Last night during the John Thompson show on Sports Talk 980, Doc Walker made some pretty bold predictions about next year. I'd say 80% of the stuff he says about the Skins is negative, but he was pretty adament last night about how these two following predictions are going to come true next year. A) Byron Leftwich is going to play for the Skins. B) Al Saunders will no longer be with the team. I really hope that neither one of these predictions is true, and they do sound a little far fetched to me. I don't see how bringing in Leftwich is a good idea, that would just cause another QB controversey, and I hope the Redskins can atleast give Saunders another try because God knows what happens when he keep changing personel. What does everyone else think? What does everyone think of Doc Walker in general?
on the nfl network they were saying leftwich was intrested in going to washington or chicago where his has family in both. they were saying most likely washington depending on campbells develpoment.
charlielyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 08:45 PM   #26
Special Teams
 
BeastsoftheNFCeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 331
Re: Doc Walker - Redskin Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlielyons View Post
on the nfl network they were saying leftwich was intrested in going to washington or chicago where his has family in both. they were saying most likely washington depending on campbells develpoment.
Yea, but just because he wants to come here doesn't mean we're gonna sign him. He wont be satisfied being a 2nd string player, and the max amount of time he could start in Washington is 1 year, and even that probably won't happen because Campbell is our guy (unless Washington trades Campbell, which I doubt will happen).
BeastsoftheNFCeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 09:18 PM   #27
Special Teams
 
charlielyons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Richmond, Va
Posts: 394
Re: Doc Walker - Redskin Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastsoftheNFCeast View Post
Yea, but just because he wants to come here doesn't mean we're gonna sign him. He wont be satisfied being a 2nd string player, and the max amount of time he could start in Washington is 1 year, and even that probably won't happen because Campbell is our guy (unless Washington trades Campbell, which I doubt will happen).
i hope we give campbell the chance but knowing gibbs love of vets and snyder lack of patience, i would not be shocked at all.
charlielyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 09:58 PM   #28
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: Doc Walker

I don't know how anyone can state that Campbell is "our guy". He didn't take a snap with the first team until 3 weeks ago. The only reason that he is getting a shot is because the season is over. Him playing is a move to keep the fans interested as much as anything. It is no coincidence that the Campbell jersey was front and center on Redskins.com the second that it was annouced that he was the starter.

Our secondary coaches don't say a word to eachother but the marketing department sure as hell knows what is going on.

That being said, I like Campbell and think he is a good player. That doesn't mean I would object to a good QB coming in here to compete with him especially if it means Brunell is gone for good.

Every team can use more than one quality QB.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 10:17 PM   #29
Special Teams
 
BeastsoftheNFCeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 331
Re: Doc Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim21Reaper View Post
I don't know how anyone can state that Campbell is "our guy". He didn't take a snap with the first team until 3 weeks ago. The only reason that he is getting a shot is because the season is over. Him playing is a move to keep the fans interested as much as anything. It is no coincidence that the Campbell jersey was front and center on Redskins.com the second that it was annouced that he was the starter.

Our secondary coaches don't say a word to eachother but the marketing department sure as hell knows what is going on.

That being said, I like Campbell and think he is a good player. That doesn't mean I would object to a good QB coming in here to compete with him especially if it means Brunell is gone for good.

Every team can use more than one quality QB.
Campbell is our guy cause we traded up to get him in the 1st round, and unless he is a complete bust, generally people in those situations are "our guy" Our team cant afford 2 quality QB's. With the limited cap space that we have, we need to spend wisely, and fill the gaps-a team is only as strong as it's weakest link, if one guy on our d sucks, the offense can just pick on him all day long to make the rest of our team look like they suck.
BeastsoftheNFCeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 10:33 PM   #30
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: Doc Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastsoftheNFCeast View Post
Campbell is our guy cause we traded up to get him in the 1st round, and unless he is a complete bust, generally people in those situations are "our guy" Our team cant afford 2 quality QB's. With the limited cap space that we have, we need to spend wisely, and fill the gaps-a team is only as strong as it's weakest link, if one guy on our d sucks, the offense can just pick on him all day long to make the rest of our team look like they suck.

Beasts, no disrespect but you aren't talking about the Washington Redskins. We can't afford two QBs? What happened last year when we needed a receiver? We bought two for 30 million a pop. With a few moves we will have plenty of cap space. Next about the draft picks. They don't care how many draft picks they used on him. If what you said was true, they would have started him in week one. They do not care about draft picks period. Spend wisely? Really, what team are you talking about?
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.37578 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25