Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Thinning the herd.

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2006, 08:58 AM   #31
Playmaker
 
onlydarksets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: all up in your business
Posts: 2,693
Re: Thinning the herd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfanthru&thru View Post
if it's not in the rules yet, what about limiting the amount of posts people can have per day or atleast within a certain period of time? that would cut down on a lot of the fluff posts and would require people who r coming here for serious skins talk to actually make the most of their posts.
That's the best idea I've heard yet. There's no reason anybody new to the board needs to make more than 5 posts a day (probably less) before they've been around for a while to get a feel for how things work.
onlydarksets is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-06-2006, 09:00 AM   #32
Camp Scrub
 
cityslang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Pennsboro, WV
Age: 50
Posts: 11
Re: Thinning the herd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Sorry Daseal, resignation not accepted. It's vets like yourself that help drive the site. Newbies come and go, but it's the vets that are the foundation.
You're right and it's vets like Daseal (among many others) that keep me coming back to The WP.
Daseal, don't let the "homers" force you to stop sharing your opinion, knowledge, and passion for the 'Skins, with the rest of us. I'm a "newbie" and I do agree it's frustrating to sort through the WP slop on a daily basis, but the frustration is worth it in the end, because at least I know I've exposed myself to the widest scope of opinions, ranging from the highly intelligent to the flat out retarded. Your's falls in the former and is an opinion and insight that will be missed.
cityslang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 09:08 AM   #33
Wildcard Bitches
 
RobH4413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bethesda, MD
Age: 29
Posts: 2,487
Re: Thinning the herd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlydarksets View Post
That's the best idea I've heard yet. There's no reason anybody new to the board needs to make more than 5 posts a day (probably less) before they've been around for a while to get a feel for how things work.
"The longer your here, the higher you can post per day.
Once your here a certain amount of time, you can post away!"

but seriously... Once your here for X amount of months, then you could get more posting privelages. It would definitly increase the severity of a "ban" from the moderators, since they would be forced to start over at a limited amount of posts per day. There would be no more kidwells. Not a bad idea.
__________________
This is what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps!
RobH4413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 09:28 AM   #34
Playmaker
 
onlydarksets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: all up in your business
Posts: 2,693
Re: Thinning the herd.

This would seem to be a good policy:
1 post per day for every month you've been a member
No limit after 1 year
Getting banned resets the "counter"

Even better, the posting limit would not apply to the non-Locker Room forums. I'm not sure if any of this is even possible, but it seems like it would control the chatter a bit.
onlydarksets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 09:30 AM   #35
The Starter
 
jbcjr14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Austin, Texas
Age: 44
Posts: 2,013
Re: Thinning the herd.

I have been around here for a good bit. Daseal is one of the best posters on this site and it would be a loss if he decides to go. I sure hope he sticks it out and HELPS in making this a better site rather than leaving it stranded by turning his back and walking out because he does contribute good insight that drives this site everyday.
__________________
"Work Harder: millions on welfare are counting on you" - Obama 2009 address to Congress.
jbcjr14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 09:32 AM   #36
Playmaker
 
BDBohnzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Frederick, MD
Age: 35
Posts: 4,463
Re: Thinning the herd.

It's a shame that's come down to this. Daseal, you will be missed, and I hope that once the offseason comes around, and content dies down some, you can come back with a renewed vigor, and be able to contribute once again.

Daseal - here's to you.
[kicks puppy]
__________________
Bad Things man, I mean bad things...

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 09:44 AM   #37
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,572
Re: Thinning the herd.

Ok, Daseal's post really bothered me as well as the responses. Believe me, this is something the entire mod staff as been concerned about for some time. It's very hard to strike that balance between keeping the discussions here civil and informative while also bringing in new blood to the forums.

This isn't meant as a slam to newbies, some are great and become valued members of the board. Others come on and just post, post and post away with no regard to what's already being discussed. To me that's just poor forum etiquette. But hey, you can't educate everyone who comes through the door. I think we're all guilty of jumping on newbies at times, and that's not good either.

I've searched high and low for some solutions and I have FINALLY found something. I installed a modification today that won't allow new members to create new threads until they have 10 replies to existing threads. I'm hoping this will help with spammers as well as easing newbies into the board. I can adjust that number as we see fit.

Let's see how this goes. I also encourage everyone, including myself, to be more aware of newbies and try to help them out when possible.

Thanks guys
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 09:45 AM   #38
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,606
Re: Thinning the herd.

The mods do have a system in place which controls members' ability to post new threads. We just need to do a better job activating it. Right Matty?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 09:45 AM   #39
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,606
Re: Thinning the herd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Ok, Daseal's post really bothered me as well as the responses. Believe me, this is something the entire mod staff as been concerned about for some time. It's very hard to strike that balance between keeping the discussions here civil and informative while also bringing in new blood to the forums.

This isn't meant as a slam to newbies, some are great and become valued members of the board. Others come on and just post, post and post away with no regard to what's already being discussed. To me that's just poor forum etiquette. But hey, you can't educate everyone who comes through the door. I think we're all guilty of jumping on newbies at times, and that's not good either.

I've searched high and low for some solutions and I have FINALLY found something. I installed a modification today that won't allow new members to create new threads until they have 10 replies to existing threads. I'm hoping this will help with spammers as well as easing newbies into the board. I can adjust that number as we see fit.

Let's see how this goes. I also encourage everyone, including myself, to be more aware of newbies and try to help them out when possible.

Thanks guys
Well there you go
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 09:52 AM   #40
Playmaker
 
GhettoDogAllStars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Age: 32
Posts: 2,761
Re: Thinning the herd.

Daseal has said he doesn't want to stay, so shouldn't we try to get something for him in a trade? ... I mean, he's leaving anyways. j/k

I have less experience on this site than most, but I have noticed some of the same things. I don't let it get to me. I usually just avoid those threads, and hang-out in the parking lot. There is hardly any "crap" in the parking lot -- why is that?

Anyways, Daseal I made you a puppy kicking avatar -- you can't leave!
__________________
To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid, you must also be well-mannered.
GhettoDogAllStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 09:56 AM   #41
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,572
Re: Thinning the herd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS View Post
The mods do have a system in place which controls members' ability to post new threads. We just need to do a better job activating it. Right Matty?
The as is system is actually a bit complicated, but the mod I installed today takes care of everything very easily. The hard part was finding the mod in the first place.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 10:02 AM   #42
Special Teams
 
skinnyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Age: 37
Posts: 111
Re: Thinning the herd.

WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH! Cry me a river.....c-ya daseal. Have a nice life. If Tafkas wants to kick me off because of this post then fine, but I am so sick and tired of all the sensitivity we have to show toward the skins, brunell, gibbs, daseal.......any veteran member....god forbid.......all of this makes me want to vomit. People say what they want, thats what makes this site good. Daseal just wanted attention.....like a lost puppy dog......and he got it. Grow up, or man up dude.
skinnyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 10:05 AM   #43
Playmaker
 
GhettoDogAllStars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Age: 32
Posts: 2,761
Re: Thinning the herd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyfan View Post
WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH! Cry me a river.....c-ya daseal. Have a nice life. If Tafkas wants to kick me off because of this post then fine, but I am so sick and tired of all the sensitivity we have to show toward the skins, brunell, gibbs, daseal.......any veteran member....god forbid.......all of this makes me want to vomit. People say what they want, thats what makes this site good. Daseal just wanted attention.....like a lost puppy dog......and he got it. Grow up, or man up dude.
I don't think sensitivity is the issue -- just meaningful (unique) posts (or lack thereof).
__________________
To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid, you must also be well-mannered.
GhettoDogAllStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 10:06 AM   #44
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,572
Re: Thinning the herd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyfan View Post
WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH! Cry me a river.....c-ya daseal. Have a nice life. If Tafkas wants to kick me off because of this post then fine, but I am so sick and tired of all the sensitivity we have to show toward the skins, brunell, gibbs, daseal.......any veteran member....god forbid.......all of this makes me want to vomit. People say what they want, thats what makes this site good. Daseal just wanted attention.....like a lost puppy dog......and he got it. Grow up, or man up dude.
Real classy.

Next time just don't bother posting. Seriously. Some things are better to just keep to yourself.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 10:48 AM   #45
Impact Rookie
 
The Zimmermans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Woodley Park, Washington DC
Age: 30
Posts: 937
Re: Thinning the herd.

This site is still many times better than the others, less volume, more quality, with a touch of uniqueness. I'd like to stick around for a while.....if I'm allowed. I'll keep my volume of posts down since I'm new, it's just so tempting at work to respond when I'm bored as sin, sitting in my cubicle.
__________________
Dan Snyder is a Cancer, Joe Gibbs is the Cure
The Zimmermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32510 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25