Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


A Tale of Two Teams...

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2006, 01:33 PM   #61
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,600
Re: A Tale of Two Teams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Antonio Brown was the sole reason for the playoff run??

Ok. If you really believe that this conversation is dead.

That's one of the worst takes I've ever heard.

You can pick the entire season apart play by play and say if it wasn't for this play, or if it wasn't for that play there would have been no playoffs.

It's totally ridiculous to boil it down to one play and proclaim that was the sole reason. Totally ridiculous.
I don't see how Daseal could have said the quality of this site has gone down when we have such insightful analysis as Antonio Brown was the sole reason we made the playoffs last year.

Here I thought it was Nick Novak hitting the game winner against Seattle, Santana catching two touchdowns in the final four minutes at Dallas, Clinton Portis scoring three touchdowns against San Francsisco. Chris Cooley with nearly 800 yards receiving, Mark Brunell with 23 touchdown passes, Sean Taylor scooping up a fumble and returning it for a touchdown against Philadelphia, Philip Daniels with four sacks against the Cowboys...here I thought it was the team. Silly me, it was all thanks to Antonio Brown.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-14-2006, 01:37 PM   #62
Impact Rookie
 
The Zimmermans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Woodley Park, Washington DC
Age: 30
Posts: 937
Re: A Tale of Two Teams...

Antonio Brown haha, that guy was a fumbled a game away for us last year. Rock or Randel El might have returned that for 6 as well.
__________________
Dan Snyder is a Cancer, Joe Gibbs is the Cure
The Zimmermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 02:09 PM   #63
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 8,986
Re: A Tale of Two Teams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS View Post
I don't see how Daseal could have said the quality of this site has gone down when we have such insightful analysis as Antonio Brown was the sole reason we made the playoffs last year.

Here I thought it was Nick Novak hitting the game winner against Seattle, Santana catching two touchdowns in the final four minutes at Dallas, Clinton Portis scoring three touchdowns against San Francsisco. Chris Cooley with nearly 800 yards receiving, Mark Brunell with 23 touchdown passes, Sean Taylor scooping up a fumble and returning it for a touchdown against Philadelphia, Philip Daniels with four sacks against the Cowboys...here I thought it was the team. Silly me, it was all thanks to Antonio Brown.
I'm waiting on a text from the Schwab for a ruling!
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
Win! Always win!
By fair means or foul, by soft words and hard deeds...
by treachery, by cunning, by malpractice...
but always win--Edward Teach
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 03:35 PM   #64
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: A Tale of Two Teams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyK
Ok. If you really believe that this conversation is dead.
And yet we’re still having it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS View Post
I don't see how Daseal could have said the quality of this site has gone down when we have such insightful analysis as Antonio Brown was the sole reason we made the playoffs last year.
If you don’t think Antonio Brown’s TD return was as pivotal a play as me, fine. We can disagree. I happen to think it was the single biggest play that saved the 2005 season. Forgive me if that analysis is “insightful” enough for you.

You don’t think the fortunes of a team can come down to one play? You don’t think Lavar Arrington’s interception return for a touchdown against Carolina in 2001 didn’t provide the spark for what was the biggest turnaround in NFL history? Many have said that those two touchdown catches by Santana Moss were what ultimately buried the Cowboys last year, and sent them into a rut from which they never recovered.

In a game where emotions run high and momentum can swing on just one key block, a sack, or an interception, you never know which single snap will ignite the players into a fury that starts a winning streak, or sends them swirling down the toilet bowl.

So yes, I stand by my statement. Sometimes, it does come down to one play.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 03:47 PM   #65
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,600
Re: A Tale of Two Teams...

The issue I have with your statement Beem is that you imply (and maybe I'm missing the point completely) that only the Redskins have that one pivotal play. But every team has them. And the arguement can me made that with such a relatively short season, each game is just a collection of pivotal plays. Except for the very very top teams in each conference, the rest of the teams are fighting for those final playoff spots and getting there making a pivotal play in a game here and stopping the opponent from making one in a play there. Whoever has made the most and given up the least wins.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 03:52 PM   #66
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: A Tale of Two Teams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS View Post
The issue I have with your statement Beem is that you imply (and maybe I'm missing the point completely) that only the Redskins have that one pivotal play.
No -- in my very last post, I mentioned the Cowboys, who's fortunes, I believe, turned on those two TD passes to Moss.

Of course it's not just the Redskins. Many teams throughout the league have pivotal plays that can make or break their season.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 04:08 PM   #67
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,600
Re: A Tale of Two Teams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
No -- in my very last post, I mentioned the Cowboys, who's fortunes, I believe, turned on those two TD passes to Moss.

Of course it's not just the Redskins. Many teams throughout the league have pivotal plays that can make or break their season.
Ok, so then is the NFL just primarily comprised of fluke teams?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 04:13 PM   #68
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: A Tale of Two Teams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS View Post
Ok, so then is the NFL just primarily comprised of fluke teams?

I don't think he's saying that. I think he's saying teams won't make it without luck, and those pivotal plays help a teams momentum. If they go against you, it hurts your momentum.
There is no such thing as a fluke team. Either they perform, or they don't. What makes a good team, a great one, are those plays and luck.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 04:24 PM   #69
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: A Tale of Two Teams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS View Post
Ok, so then is the NFL just primarily comprised of fluke teams?
Define "fluke team". Define "fluke" plays.

Pivotal plays do not necessarily mean "fluke" plays.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 05:28 PM   #70
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,600
Re: A Tale of Two Teams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
I don't think he's saying that. I think he's saying teams won't make it without luck, and those pivotal plays help a teams momentum. If they go against you, it hurts your momentum.
There is no such thing as a fluke team. Either they perform, or they don't. What makes a good team, a great one, are those plays and luck.
Fair enough. I can agree with that. And I understand that. "Antonio Brown is the sole reason we made they playoffs" I just don't see how that makes any sense.

But whatever, it's a waste of everyone's time to keep belaboring this point. I think Beem is wrong, he thinks I'm wrong. I say tomayto, he says tomahto....
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 06:33 PM   #71
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: A Tale of Two Teams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS View Post
Fair enough. I can agree with that. And I understand that. "Antonio Brown is the sole reason we made they playoffs" I just don't see how that makes any sense.

But whatever, it's a waste of everyone's time to keep belaboring this point. I think Beem is wrong, he thinks I'm wrong. I say tomayto, he says tomahto....
Well that's crazy!!!


Everyone KNOWS it's tomayto!!!
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 07:09 PM   #72
Playmaker
 
BleedBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,469
Re: A Tale of Two Teams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS View Post
I really think the issue is more with scouting than whether or not we have someone who is a "general manager"
I think that's a great point. As the leader of the team, JG is dependent upon the input he receives from scouts and coaches. If that group feeds him bad info, and he trusts their judgement, then there is not much to stop him from making an unfortunate choice. The only problem I have is that after his scouts screw the pooch multiple times, get rid of them. I think loyalty can really hurt you and it seems as though Gibbs is one of the most, if not the most, loyal people in the game.
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30394 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25