Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Who is Tony Romo?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2006, 12:04 AM   #31
Impact Rookie
 
Redskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: University of South Carolina
Age: 25
Posts: 577
Re: Who is Tony Homo?

This is no different when Rex was playing good, I luaghed then and I luagh now
__________________
University Of South Carolina '11
Go Cocks and Go Skins
#21#RIP Sean Taylor a TRUE Redskin#21#
<--Hey wheres my green approval rating?
Redskin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-16-2006, 12:22 AM   #32
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: Who is Tony Homo?

The media yacks up most of the young upstart QB's when they're having, or have a good season. They've been through them all at some point in time. If you recall, we couldn't get any play during our preseason game with the Bengals because they talked about Carson Palmer the entire game. Maybe they'll drop some of those kudos on Jason next season.
__________________
A revolution is coming and it will be televised.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 08:49 AM   #33
The Starter
 
#56fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Charlotte NC
Age: 39
Posts: 1,788
Re: Who is Tony Homo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncskinsfanec View Post
He's an arrogant little twerp! He deserves to be called Tony Homo or worse. I hope the Falcons knock that little grin of his off his face tomorrow, I would like nothing better! He makes me want to puke! I'd take Phillip Rivers, Eli Manning, Rothelisburger, Grossman, and Jason Campbell any day of the week before I took Homo!

you would say the same thing about Rivers if he played for the Cowboys. Romo is anything but arrogant. He seems pretty humble to me, happy to actually get a chance to play. And if you would take Rothelisburger and Grossman before him, you would probably be losing a lot right now. Romo has played head and shoulders better than those two this year.
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 07:40 PM   #34
Registered User
 
GiantsSuck703's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 293
Re: Who is Tony Homo?

Look, lets face it, the guy is playing great, he was undrafted got his shot and ran with it. The media attention has become a little rediculous, but then again i would not complain if Jason was getting the same pub. I dont think we should be worrying about anybody but the redskins and the horrible situation this team is in.

Also the guy who said he hates Tom Brady, are you serious, how could you hate a guy that plays the way he does, three superbowls in 4 years and still stays humble the whole way through, great QB who doesnt get the publicity he deserves
GiantsSuck703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 07:57 PM   #35
Special Teams
 
ncskinsfanec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 432
Re: Who is Tony Homo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by #56fanatic View Post
you would say the same thing about Rivers if he played for the Cowboys. Romo is anything but arrogant. He seems pretty humble to me, happy to actually get a chance to play. And if you would take Rothelisburger and Grossman before him, you would probably be losing a lot right now. Romo has played head and shoulders better than those two this year.
Actually I wouldn't say the same thing about Rivers because he's humble and also went to NC State. I actually would probably grudgingly like the Cowboys a very very very tiny very tiny little bit, if he was their QB, or probably not! Romo is obviously an arrogant little twerp and likes all the attention he's been getting recently, like Kobe Bryant said, "he probably wasn't hugged enough as a child." I can't wait for the Cowboys to fall out off playoff contention, go Falcons, at least tonight anyway! Also go Redskins!!!! We are going to shock the world tomorrow against the 'Aints!!!
ncskinsfanec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 08:03 PM   #36
Special Teams
 
ncskinsfanec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 432
Re: Who is Tony Homo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantsSuck703 View Post
Look, lets face it, the guy is playing great, he was undrafted got his shot and ran with it. The media attention has become a little rediculous, but then again i would not complain if Jason was getting the same pub. I dont think we should be worrying about anybody but the redskins and the horrible situation this team is in.

Also the guy who said he hates Tom Brady, are you serious, how could you hate a guy that plays the way he does, three superbowls in 4 years and still stays humble the whole way through, great QB who doesnt get the publicity he deserves
In reference to Tom Brady, I agree that he's probably the most underrated QB in the NFL. He actually plays pretty well when it matters most, as opposed to his heavily hyped comtemporary Peyton Manning. I like Peyton Manning too, but the man just falls apart come playoff time. It is getting harder and harder to see Manning joining the likes of legendary sports figures such as John Elway and Phil Mickelson as guys who finally broke through after years of coming oh so close. Maybe it will happen someday, but I doubt it.
ncskinsfanec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 02:21 AM   #37
Special Teams
 
Blue Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Tampa
Posts: 176
Re: Who is Tony Homo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsTerps424 View Post
My thoughts completely
Brees is not on your team either but could have been.

#56fanatic good synopsis on Tony Romo.

The guy made the Pro Bowl after 8 starts cant do much better than that. There are not many great qbs in the NFC and he is a top preformer this year and deserves it.

when the season dies for the skins do you guys usually talk about cowboys? there are many threads on the boys right now.
Blue Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 07:37 AM   #38
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 8,991
Re: Who is Tony Homo?

Can't take away the fact that Tony Romo has had a good year and pulled the Boys out of the fire, for the moment. I think his selection to the Pro bowl is more a testimonial of the relatively low QB quality in the NFC rather than his..........greatness.
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
Win! Always win!
By fair means or foul, by soft words and hard deeds...
by treachery, by cunning, by malpractice...
but always win--Edward Teach
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 08:29 AM   #39
Camp Scrub
 
SkinsTerps424's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Poolesville, MD
Posts: 23
Re: Who is Tony Homo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Star View Post
Brees is not on your team either but could have been.

#56fanatic good synopsis on Tony Romo.

The guy made the Pro Bowl after 8 starts cant do much better than that. There are not many great qbs in the NFC and he is a top preformer this year and deserves it.

when the season dies for the skins do you guys usually talk about cowboys? there are many threads on the boys right now.
How many other threads are on the cowboys???? Actually I don't see too many. This thread was started because the media and not Redskins fans are making a big deal of this guy. Ill give credit where it is due, Romo has been successful and no one can take that away from him. All I am trying to say is stop beating this thing into the ground, don't really want to hear about him anymore.
SkinsTerps424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 08:47 AM   #40
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 17,464
Re: Who is Tony Homo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Star View Post
Brees is not on your team either but could have been.

#56fanatic good synopsis on Tony Romo.

The guy made the Pro Bowl after 8 starts cant do much better than that. There are not many great qbs in the NFC and he is a top preformer this year and deserves it.

when the season dies for the skins do you guys usually talk about cowboys? there are many threads on the boys right now.
He deserves it over the numerous other NFC QBs with better stats and have played THE WHOLE SEASON? I think not. It's all a popularity contest. Hell, Vick has better numbers and made it last year. It's all about the flavor of the day.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 08:54 AM   #41
Playmaker
 
724Skinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 3,506
Re: Who is Tony Homo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsTerps424 View Post
How many other threads are on the cowboys???? Actually I don't see too many. This thread was started because the media and not Redskins fans are making a big deal of this guy. Ill give credit where it is due, Romo has been successful and no one can take that away from him. All I am trying to say is stop beating this thing into the ground, don't really want to hear about him anymore.
There are really only two "anti-cowboy" threads right now. The other two started out simply as news articles. I would think the Parcells coming back thread and the TO spitting thread can be found on most other NFL boards especially NFC East teams.
__________________
"I hope I'm getting better. I hope you haven't seen my best." - Jim Zorn
724Skinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 01:15 PM   #42
Camp Scrub
 
SkinsTerps424's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Poolesville, MD
Posts: 23
Re: Who is Tony Homo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
He deserves it over the numerous other NFC QBs with better stats and have played THE WHOLE SEASON? I think not. It's all a popularity contest. Hell, Vick has better numbers and made it last year. It's all about the flavor of the day.
I agree, Vick deserves to get in, his team is in the hunt, he broke the single season rushing record by a qb. He deserves to go.
SkinsTerps424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 01:48 PM   #43
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 17,464
Re: Who is Tony Homo?

Well, don't get me wrong. I'm not Vick proponent whatsoever, I just feel like Romo is getting in based on media coverage alone.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 01:49 PM   #44
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,655
Re: Who is Tony Homo?

Romo has had a ton of hype no doubt, but he's also performed very well as much as I hate to say it.

Does anyone really think the Cowboys would be where they are with Bledsoe? I don't.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 01:51 PM   #45
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 17,464
Re: Who is Tony Homo?

I agree. I just don't think he's deserving of a Pro Bowl nod after just a few games. Hell, there were PLENTY of players last year doing better than him at their positions and didn't get the hype he got, and guess what? They didn't make it either.

It's all the media hype machine.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32254 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25