Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Carlos Rogers catches an INT?!

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2006, 09:12 AM   #1
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,594
Carlos Rogers catches an INT?!

I'm still amazed over that one, he also broke up the potential TD at the end of the game to seal the victory. Big props to Los for playing a great game, and for finally snagging an INT! Let's hope it's a sign of things to come from him.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-18-2006, 09:16 AM   #2
Playmaker
 
BDBohnzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Frederick, MD
Age: 35
Posts: 4,463
Re: Carlos Rogers catches an INT?!

Ray Charles could have made that catch, it hit him in the hands and he still almost blew it.

While he had a good game, he's by no means out of the dog house.
__________________
Bad Things man, I mean bad things...

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 09:23 AM   #3
Special Teams
 
gabe1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 372
Re: Carlos Rogers catches an INT?!

this morning on sports talk 980 they said that Carlos Rodgers initially refused to comment to the media about his game, probably because of the article the Post wrote about him last week. In fact, apparently the whole secondary made an agreement to not talk to the media cause they were upset about the way they had been knocked all season. They eventually caved in and spoke, but I thought that move was kinda immature. Rodgers had played bad all season, the Post wrote an article that could have been interpreted to put Rodgers in a bad light, but as NFL player you gotta be able to handle criticism. I really hope Carlos Rodgers can stop being this sensitive because it could cause problems down the line if he can't take some negative feedback. Imagine if he played in New York or Philly. It kinda reminds me of like a fight between middle school girls, you said something bad about me, so I'm not going to talk to you anymore.
gabe1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 09:32 AM   #4
Playmaker
 
cpayne5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,807
Re: Carlos Rogers catches an INT?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe1984 View Post
this morning on sports talk 980 they said that Carlos Rodgers initially refused to comment to the media about his game, probably because of the article the Post wrote about him last week. In fact, apparently the whole secondary made an agreement to not talk to the media cause they were upset about the way they had been knocked all season. They eventually caved in and spoke, but I thought that move was kinda immature. Rodgers had played bad all season, the Post wrote an article that could have been interpreted to put Rodgers in a bad light, but as NFL player you gotta be able to handle criticism. I really hope Carlos Rodgers can stop being this sensitive because it could cause problems down the line if he can't take some negative feedback. Imagine if he played in New York or Philly. It kinda reminds me of like a fight between middle school girls, you said something bad about me, so I'm not going to talk to you anymore.
I can't really blame him for not wanting to talk to the media. I doubt I would if I was in their position. The media will try their hardest to twist and stretch every word that comes out of your mouth to make headlines.
cpayne5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 09:38 AM   #5
Special Teams
 
gabe1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 372
Re: Carlos Rogers catches an INT?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpayne5 View Post
I can't really blame him for not wanting to talk to the media. I doubt I would if I was in their position. The media will try their hardest to twist and stretch every word that comes out of your mouth to make headlines.
right, but being part of a professional athlete is learning to deal with the media. you can't just say I'm not gonna talk to you unless you're gonna write something good about me.
gabe1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 09:42 AM   #6
Playmaker
 
cpayne5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,807
Re: Carlos Rogers catches an INT?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe1984 View Post
right, but being part of a professional athlete is learning to deal with the media. you can't just say I'm not gonna talk to you unless you're gonna write something good about me.
I don't think he ever said that.

Also, dealing with the media is not a part of the job description of Professional Athlete.
cpayne5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 09:44 AM   #7
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,279
Re: Carlos Rogers catches an INT?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe1984 View Post
right, but being part of a professional athlete is learning to deal with the media. you can't just say I'm not gonna talk to you unless you're gonna write something good about me.
Sure you can, you can do whatever you want. There are no NFL or team rules saying that players have to speak to the media. If they want to live in obscurity they are free to do so.

It's the media's job to talk to players, but that doesn't mean they have to cooperate.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 09:48 AM   #8
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 43
Posts: 4,910
Re: Carlos Rogers catches an INT?!

Finally 10-90 caught a ball thrown directly to him! I wonder if dropping a sure INT-TD in the Seattle game last year has flashed in his head each time a pass is headed his way, he showed good hands until then.
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 10:21 AM   #9
Propane and propane accessories
 
JWsleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, TX
Age: 45
Posts: 4,587
Re: Carlos Rogers catches an INT?!

He made the catch, and he was good on the breakup at the end. It sure helps him to have Springs on the other side. The breakup by Springs was amazing.

Sometimes, it becomes totally mental--he just thinks himself into dropping them. And Marcus almost had one on a blitz that would have been 7. And didn't Kenny Wright miss one? Anywho, Rogers got it. Let's hope this turns things around!
__________________
Hail from Houston!
JWsleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 11:08 AM   #10
Impact Rookie
 
hail_2_da_skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: St. Louis, MO
Age: 58
Posts: 863
Re: Carlos Rogers catches an INT?!

It's pretty obvious that Carlos Rogers cannot catch a football. But to his defense, he has been in position to make these plays. This is something that he needs to work on the offseason.
__________________
"HAIL TO THE SKINS"
hail_2_da_skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 11:15 AM   #11
Special Teams
 
gabe1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 372
Re: Carlos Rogers catches an INT?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpayne5 View Post
I don't think he ever said that.

Also, dealing with the media is not a part of the job description of Professional Athlete.
You're right, those exact words did not come out of his mouth. But isn't it ironic that he chose not to speak to them after they wrote a negative article about him? I just think it shows immaturity to not talk to them becuase they wrote something negative about him after he played bad. He's been talking to the media all season and now he doesn't want to because they wrote the truth about how he's had a bad season in the paper. If he chose to never talk to the media, like Taylor, that's fine, but it sounds like he's throwing a hissy fit because of the article they wrote talking about how he thinks he coulda been a pro bowler if he caught those INTs. And I TOTALLY disagree with you that dealing with the media is not part of the job desrciption of being a professional athlete. How could you say that? They are constatly surrounded by the media and if they do not deal with them in the correct manner it can hurt their relationships with the fans, coaches, their team, and their own career. Look how the Giants mouthing off to the media has torn their team apart, look how TO has used the media to make himself hated and tear the Eagles apart, look at how when players talk trash about another team or player to the media it gets that team fired up, dealing with the media is definitely in the "job description." And if dealing with them is just not talking to them ever, like some do, that's fine. But, I don't think it is smart, classy, or professional to blow them off when they write the truth about you and you don't like it.
gabe1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 11:18 AM   #12
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,594
Re: Carlos Rogers catches an INT?!

Who cares if he talks or not or what his motives are.

The NFL world could use a lot less talk if you ask me.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 11:21 AM   #13
Special Teams
 
gabe1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 372
Re: Carlos Rogers catches an INT?!

i guess it doesn't really matter, I just thought it was immature, under the circumstances in which he all of a sudden decided to stop talking to them, that's all.
gabe1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 11:30 AM   #14
Camp Scrub
 
GREENSTHEMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 31
Re: Carlos Rogers catches an INT?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe1984 View Post
You're right, those exact words did not come out of his mouth. But isn't it ironic that he chose not to speak to them after they wrote a negative article about him? I just think it shows immaturity to not talk to them becuase they wrote something negative about him after he played bad. He's been talking to the media all season and now he doesn't want to because they wrote the truth about how he's had a bad season in the paper. If he chose to never talk to the media, like Taylor, that's fine, but it sounds like he's throwing a hissy fit because of the article they wrote talking about how he thinks he coulda been a pro bowler if he caught those INTs. And I TOTALLY disagree with you that dealing with the media is not part of the job desrciption of being a professional athlete. How could you say that? They are constatly surrounded by the media and if they do not deal with them in the correct manner it can hurt their relationships with the fans, coaches, their team, and their own career. Look how the Giants mouthing off to the media has torn their team apart, look how TO has used the media to make himself hated and tear the Eagles apart, look at how when players talk trash about another team or player to the media it gets that team fired up, dealing with the media is definitely in the "job description." And if dealing with them is just not talking to them ever, like some do, that's fine. But, I don't think it is smart, classy, or professional to blow them off when they write the truth about you and you don't like it.

I don't care if players talk or don't talk to the media, many times it's best that they keep thoughts to themselves. However if he keeps improving his play like he did yesterday the media will leave him alone etc.

I think the guy has a lot of potential, he alone is not the reason for the defensive woes, they played as a team yesterday and I hope everyone of the players will comeback to training camp mad and hungry with something to prove next year.

I hope that the front office makes sensible and smart choices next off-season in terms of personnel changes.
GREENSTHEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 11:32 AM   #15
Special Teams
 
gabe1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 372
Re: Carlos Rogers catches an INT?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDALY27 View Post
WHY DO YOU CARE ABOUT THE MEDIA?? THEY SUCK AND JUST RIDE ANY BAND-WAGON-FLAVOR OF THE MONTH TOPIC AND TEAM.

HE CAUGHT THE BALL AND WON THE GAME FOR US. THEY HAD NO REASON TO PLAY BUT FOR PRIDE. THAT IS WHAT JOE GIBBS IS ALL ABOUT.

THROUGHOUT ALL OF THIS THE TEAM HAS HELD ITS COMPOSURE AND NOT THROW EACH OTHER UNDER THE BUS. THAT'S THE MEDIAS JOB.

I BET THAT UNNAMED PLAYER WHO RIPPED GREG WILLIAMS WAS AA!!!
I don't really understand what point you're trying to make in return to my last post, sorry.
gabe1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31945 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25