Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Does he see the same things we do?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2006, 11:51 AM   #1
The Starter
 
JGisLordOfTheRings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richmond VA
Age: 28
Posts: 2,310
Does he see the same things we do?

Little article bout the skins written by Baldinger. Made a few good points and seems to see it from a different point of view than others.....


Watch out for Washington in 2007 - NFL - Yahoo! Sports
__________________
Creator of the Useless Thread
JGisLordOfTheRings is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-23-2006, 12:44 PM   #2
The Starter
 
dall-assblows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: round the way
Age: 31
Posts: 2,211
Re: Do he see the same things we do?

i hate baldinger
__________________
SOMEBODY PINCH ME
dall-assblows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 01:27 PM   #3
The Starter
 
wolfeskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: chesapeake,va.
Posts: 2,160
Re: Do he see the same things we do?

i don't care too much for baldinger but that was , at least, a pretty fair and accurate article.
__________________
Hail to Allen/Shanahan .... bring in some baby hogs and load up on diesel fuel !!! (budw38)
wolfeskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 01:48 PM   #4
Playmaker
 
onlydarksets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: all up in your business
Posts: 2,693
Re: Do he see the same things we do?

Except for this:
Quote:
if coach Joe Gibbs doesn't have an open competition for the starting running back job next summer, something is wrong.
He's completely missing the point of having two quality RBs. Both will play, although CP will technically be the #1 back.
onlydarksets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 03:09 PM   #5
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,914
Re: Do he see the same things we do?

sounds like one of us "dumb fans"
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 03:30 PM   #6
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: Do he see the same things we do?

I'm expecting big things from this offense next year. Assuming Campbell progresses, and the O-line stays healthy, there's no reason this collection of players can't be in the top five throughout the '07 season.

Next year will be the 5th season playing together for 4/5 of the offensive line (Rabach) -- that kind of continuity is virtually unheard of. Just one or two adequate backups, like Todd Wade, who can step in for 2 or 3 games, and it'll be tough to find a better line in the league.

Defense though, is another issue. There's more work there than Baldinger says.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 03:33 PM   #7
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: Do he see the same things we do?

I agree with his viewpoint because it's true this team is much too talented to be where it is at this point in the season. I share along with him a vison for the future.
__________________
A revolution is coming and it will be televised.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 07:07 PM   #8
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,993
Re: Do he see the same things we do?

The defense is a huge question mark. However there SHOULD be optimism because theres a chance the D could be as good as it was in 04-05. If that happens, we will be the team everyone thought we would eb this year.

If the defense repeats this sorry performance, we will be .500 ish, and not a serious SB contender.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 07:26 PM   #9
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: Do he see the same things we do?

Wow, this came from left field.

I can't say that there are any holes in his argument. I agree with the offensive line comments. Earlier in the year, Brunell held onto the ball forever and a day so their stats didn't look so good. Now, people are questioning Portis because he didn't put up the stats that Betts has. Well this is a completely different offense than the one with Brunell. When you are facing a quarterback who cannot physically throw the ball 15 yards downfield, you are going to stack the box continuously. Betts does not face that now. If Portis was running right now, he would be putting up Betts' numbers except he would be taking long ones to the house. Portis in space is lethal.

If they get a proven pass rusher, this defense will look like the '04 version overnight. Expect a good year out of Carter in '07 too.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 07:54 PM   #10
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,512
Re: Do he see the same things we do?

this article sounds like someone from the warpath had written it. and the title of this thread kills me
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 08:54 PM   #11
The Starter
 
wolfeskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: chesapeake,va.
Posts: 2,160
Re: Do he see the same things we do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim21Reaper View Post
Wow, this came from left field.

I can't say that there are any holes in his argument. I agree with the offensive line comments. Earlier in the year, Brunell held onto the ball forever and a day so their stats didn't look so good. Now, people are questioning Portis because he didn't put up the stats that Betts has. Well this is a completely different offense than the one with Brunell. When you are facing a quarterback who cannot physically throw the ball 15 yards downfield, you are going to stack the box continuously. Betts does not face that now. If Portis was running right now, he would be putting up Betts' numbers except he would be taking long ones to the house. Portis in space is lethal.

If they get a proven pass rusher, this defense will look like the '04 version overnight. Expect a good year out of Carter in '07 too.
nice post, i agree with you 100 %.
__________________
Hail to Allen/Shanahan .... bring in some baby hogs and load up on diesel fuel !!! (budw38)
wolfeskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 08:57 PM   #12
The Starter
 
JGisLordOfTheRings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richmond VA
Age: 28
Posts: 2,310
Re: Do he see the same things we do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlydarksets View Post
Except for this:


He's completely missing the point of having two quality RBs. Both will play, although CP will technically be the #1 back.

agreed CP rules
__________________
Creator of the Useless Thread
JGisLordOfTheRings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 08:58 PM   #13
The Starter
 
JGisLordOfTheRings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richmond VA
Age: 28
Posts: 2,310
Re: Do he see the same things we do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
this article sounds like someone from the warpath had written it. and the title of this thread kills me

yea i tried to change it after i posted it but it wont change...

all i want for christmas is some proper grammar schoolin....
__________________
Creator of the Useless Thread
JGisLordOfTheRings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 10:07 PM   #14
Playmaker
 
70Chip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manassas
Age: 43
Posts: 3,048
Re: Do he see the same things we do?

"...But more important, Gibbs has had trouble letting go. A longtime micromanager and play-caller, he needs to let high-priced offensive guru Al Saunders cut loose. ..."

Really? I thought he DID let go, then took control back which is when we started having a running game again. If anything Gibbs needed to be meddling in the offensive strategy earlier and more often. Saunders has no magic plays.

But he is correct in his basic point that the Redskins are underachievers of the highest order. I'm not sure that we can assume, though, that next year will be any different. Gibbs needs to figure out what is working now and find a way to keep it going through the off season. Last August, it was as thouigh the players from the previous January had all been replaced by imposters. The same thing could happen next summer.
__________________
This Monkey's Gone to Heaven
70Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 11:59 PM   #15
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Do he see the same things we do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Chip View Post
"...But more important, Gibbs has had trouble letting go. A longtime micromanager and play-caller, he needs to let high-priced offensive guru Al Saunders cut loose. ..."

Really? I thought he DID let go, then took control back which is when we started having a running game again. If anything Gibbs needed to be meddling in the offensive strategy earlier and more often. Saunders has no magic plays.

But he is correct in his basic point that the Redskins are underachievers of the highest order. I'm not sure that we can assume, though, that next year will be any different. Gibbs needs to figure out what is working now and find a way to keep it going through the off season. Last August, it was as thouigh the players from the previous January had all been replaced by imposters. The same thing could happen next summer.
Gibbs had his chance at running the offense, and quite frankly his offense since coming back...SUCKS. He needs to let Saunders go 100%...Saunders has proven himself in the new NFL, Gibbs hasn't. Utilyze your weapons.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31033 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25