Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins-Rams: Postgame Thoughts

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2006, 05:43 PM   #16
Karma Chameleon
 
jdlea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 3,101
Re: Redskins-Rams: Postgame Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmanc711 View Post
He's fumbled away 2 games for us, so label me unimpressed by him.
You're goddamn right he has, but everyone wants to give him a pass because he's behind Clinton and has had 5 straight 100 yard games, guess what? They haven't won that many of em. He's fumbled away 2 games this season on drives that should have given the team the lead. This one would have put the game away. Nice job, punk, now I'm glad you were injured for the majority of your career.
jdlea is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-24-2006, 05:43 PM   #17
Playmaker
 
cpayne5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,807
Re: Redskins-Rams: Postgame Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncskinsfanec View Post
Losing Springs early on really hurt.
I'll agree with that. Just think, if he catches that INT on the first play, he doesn't get hurt on the second.
cpayne5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 05:44 PM   #18
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: Redskins-Rams: Postgame Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C View Post
be my guest. u gonna cry?
Simply do not post on the site until you can get a handle on your emotions. I know the loss stings, but there's really no need whatsoever for cursing out other people. You're a longtime member and I would think you'd know that by know.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 05:54 PM   #19
Impact Rookie
 
hurrykaine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Washington, D.C.
Age: 41
Posts: 762
Re: Redskins-Rams: Postgame Thoughts

Many plays (or lack thereof) lost us this game, but at 3rd and 1 on our 12yd line, to call 40 gut and get stuffed for a loss is inexcusable. That is not an Al Saunders playcall, it stinks of Gibbs. I'm not suggesting that some creative triple reverse should've been called, but a 40 gut running play in that situation with 8 men in the box is simply a mistake.

The D was non-existent, as were the wide receivers.

Glad we lost this one - moving steadily on up the draftboard. Merry Christmas all.
hurrykaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 05:57 PM   #20
Special Teams
 
ncskinsfanec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 432
Re: Redskins-Rams: Postgame Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurrykaine View Post
Many plays (or lack thereof) lost us this game, but at 3rd and 1 on our 12yd line, to call 40 gut and get stuffed for a loss is inexcusable. That is not an Al Saunders playcall, it stinks of Gibbs. I'm not suggesting that some creative triple reverse should've been called, but a 40 gut running play in that situation with 8 men in the box is simply a mistake.

The D was non-existent, as were the wide receivers.

Glad we lost this one - moving steadily on up the draftboard. Merry Christmas all.
Yeah, we will move up the draft boad. That's about all you can say. Who do think we should get, Lamar Woodley or Gaines Adams?
ncskinsfanec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 06:02 PM   #21
The Starter
 
redsk1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,351
Re: Redskins-Rams: Postgame Thoughts

The d today was just plain bad. Worst in the NFL bad. Don't tell me the reason is that we had a couple injuries. Most teams do.

The o played a pretty good game and put up 31pts. However we sputtered down the stretch.

Betts does have the tendancy to fumble but let's not place the blame w/ him. I'll give the loss to the d.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 06:08 PM   #22
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,811
Re: Redskins-Rams: Postgame Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlea View Post
You're goddamn right he has, but everyone wants to give him a pass because he's behind Clinton and has had 5 straight 100 yard games, guess what? They haven't won that many of em. He's fumbled away 2 games this season on drives that should have given the team the lead. This one would have put the game away. Nice job, punk, now I'm glad you were injured for the majority of your career.
Betts fumbled away two games? That's a bunch of BS. One play does not lose any game. The defender made a great play on the strip. Sometimes you gotta tip your hat to the other team. Bulger is a really good pocket passer and he just carved up our secondary. They were just better today and made more plays. For you to attack Betts by saying your glad he was injured for the majority of his career TOTALLY CLASSLESS. As a Redskin fan you should calm your ass down before writing such stupid things.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 06:10 PM   #23
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: Redskins-Rams: Postgame Thoughts

Wow, I might have to banish my own thread to thread hell.

EVERYONE needs to chill out. If you're too pissed to see straight (which would be understandable), wait until you have calmed down to post. Engaging in personal attacks on the site is not only really lame and typically reserved for the resident 12 year olds, but its a bannable offense. So, let's play nice and look forward to next week's game where we'll keep the Gmen outta the playoffs and watch their team implode.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 06:12 PM   #24
Karma Chameleon
 
jdlea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 3,101
Re: Redskins-Rams: Postgame Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Betts fumbled away two games? That's a bunch of BS. One play does not lose any game. The defender made a great play on the strip. Sometimes you gotta tip your hat to the other team. Bulger is a really good pocket passer and he just carved up our secondary. They were just better today and made more plays. For you to attack Betts by saying your glad he was injured for the majority of his career TOTALLY CLASSLESS. As a Redskin fan you should calm your ass down before writing such stupid things.
I will agree that it is classless to wish injury on someone, I've said that a million times and only fell into that because I've been drinking. However, that play lost the game today. You can't argue that. If he just gets tackled, or puts two hands on the football, the Skins win the game. You really can't give me any kind of credible argument against that. If you say the D should have made the stop, I'll agree, but it never should have happened like that. That play cost that team the chance to put the game away. Drunk or not, you won't convince me otherwise.

Oh, and the fact that 2 potential go ahead drives this season ended with Betts fumbles, kinda supports my argument...
jdlea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 06:16 PM   #25
Impact Rookie
 
Bill B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 721
Re: Redskins-Rams: Postgame Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
1). The run game looked awesome for the first half and really puttered out in the 2nd half.

2). Clock management was a joke; someone needs to tell the coaches that you want to KEEP timeouts when you're down in the 4th.

3). Betts' hands are nowhere near as good as as Portis' and he, along with the defense, cost us the game with his late 4th quarter fumble deep in Rams territory.

4). The pass defense is disgusting. It's the worst I've seen since the unit was coached by Edwards.

5). Sean Taylor has been playing like a 5th round draft pick, not the 5th overall pick. He's taking poor angles, blowing tackles, and isn't making the game-changing plays he was supposed to make with regularity.

But, the silver lining is that we'll have a better draft pick.

Could number 5 be related to having Steven Jackson as your safeties coach? Why not get rid of Jackson and let Gray run the whole show in the backfield? Maybe that would resolve the whole issue the mole brought up about the safeties and CB's not being on the same page.
Bill B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 06:21 PM   #26
Playmaker
 
cpayne5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,807
Re: Redskins-Rams: Postgame Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill B View Post
Could number 5 be related to having Steven Jackson as your safeties coach? Why not get rid of Jackson and let Gray run the whole show in the backfield? Maybe that would resolve the whole issue the mole brought up about the safeties and CB's not being on the same page.
I think that would be a big improvement, for sure.
cpayne5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 06:21 PM   #27
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,811
Re: Redskins-Rams: Postgame Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlea View Post
I will agree that it is classless to wish injury on someone, I've said that a million times and only fell into that because I've been drinking. However, that play lost the game today. You can't argue that. If he just gets tackled, or puts two hands on the football, the Skins win the game. You really can't give me any kind of credible argument against that. If you say the D should have made the stop, I'll agree, but it never should have happened like that. That play cost that team the chance to put the game away. Drunk or not, you won't convince me otherwise.

Oh, and the fact that 2 potential go ahead drives this season ended with Betts fumbles, kinda supports my argument...
You just can't blame a loss on one play. It makes no sense. Yes he should not have fumbled. But honestly that was a great play by the defender and not too many RB's would have held on to the ball in that situation. The defense gave up over 500 YARDS OF OFFENSE.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 06:22 PM   #28
Special Teams
 
mike340's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 58
Posts: 272
Re: Redskins-Rams: Postgame Thoughts

Betts had both hands on the ball. The defender had one hand on the ball and punched it out with the other one (from behind Betts). Good defensive play. Period. End of story. Get the idea?
mike340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 06:22 PM   #29
Registered User
 
wilsowilso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Age: 41
Posts: 2,841
Re: Redskins-Rams: Postgame Thoughts

The QB was pretty bad today. I really like him, but not today. He gets a D grade. I thought Rocky looked quite good though! Don't get me started on Holdman. The fact that he is actually still playing makes me question the entire Dfensive coaching staff. He is horrible!!!!!!
wilsowilso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 06:30 PM   #30
Thank You, Sean.
 
Gmanc711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Age: 29
Posts: 7,505
Re: Redskins-Rams: Postgame Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike340 View Post
Betts had both hands on the ball. The defender had one hand on the ball and punched it out with the other one (from behind Betts). Good defensive play. Period. End of story. Get the idea?
If you can watch the replay, please do. It's clear that he only had the ball in his right hand and his left hand was doing other things, that was not on the ball.
__________________
#21
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28731 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25