Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins-Rams: Postgame Thoughts

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2006, 08:54 PM   #46
Impact Rookie
 
Bill B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 721
Re: Redskins-Rams: Postgame Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mrusmc View Post
Things to think about next year: I would like to see S. Springs play safety opposite S. Taylor. When Springs goes down at corner back the impact is too great. We need an immediate starter to replace Springs at corner. We also need a stud Defensive End to replace Daniels. Maybe move Daniels to the interior part of the line since he cannot get any pressure out on the edge. Or just send Daniels on his way because other than that 5 game stretch last year he has been a nonfactor since he has joined us. A. Archuleta, um he needs to give all of his money back to our fine organization because ever since he inked his deal to come here, he has sucked balls! We need to get a monster linebacker or maybe try to move Arch. there and see what he can do. Don't worry, P. Prealou (sp?) will be back next year to help out at saftety or corner. And freaking G. Williams needs to get over himself and start to coach these guys up to their potential. There defense is fixed!

I think you got to have cutting Holdman in there as well - add linebacker to the free agent list wish. If we move Shawn to safety he will need to restructure his contract - than the team will go after Clements because of his familairy with G Willimas to shore up corner.
I think Daniels is to small for the interior - drafting Alan Branch from Michigan solves that problem. If we cut Archie it has to be post June 1st to spread the cap hit. With these moves we just need a DE to come in and heplp get sacks.
Bill B is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-24-2006, 09:30 PM   #47
Impact Rookie
 
AlvinWalton'sNeckBrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Age: 29
Posts: 896
Re: Redskins-Rams: Postgame Thoughts

This may be a little late...but the cursing is rediculous...as far as Betts goes...he didn't lose the game, the O played well I thought, anytime you score that many points, you should win. The D lost the game, but the minute he did that...I looked at my dad and said, "This is why Portis starts" Does anyone remember when S. Davis used to fumble at terrible times? He got real bad at holding onto the ball down on the 1 yard line it seemed. Betts kind of remindes me of him in that respect.
AlvinWalton'sNeckBrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 09:37 PM   #48
Special Teams
 
riggoraider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: D.C. area
Posts: 179
Re: Redskins-Rams: Postgame Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlea View Post
You're goddamn right he has, but everyone wants to give him a pass because he's behind Clinton and has had 5 straight 100 yard games, guess what? They haven't won that many of em. He's fumbled away 2 games this season on drives that should have given the team the lead. This one would have put the game away. Nice job, punk, now I'm glad you were injured for the majority of your career.
You sound like a guy who was waiting on Betts to mess up so that your argument for Portis would stand up. Betts is an outstanding rusher who got the ball stripped away....point blank...it happens.

Clinton has not brung a superbowl to Washington himself
riggoraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 10:25 PM   #49
Playmaker
 
cpayne5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,807
Re: Redskins-Rams: Postgame Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by riggoraider View Post
You sound like a guy who was waiting on Betts to mess up so that your argument for Portis would stand up. Betts is an outstanding rusher who got the ball stripped away....point blank...it happens.

Clinton has not brung a superbowl to Washington himself
Betts is showing that he can be a great backup/relief pitcher when healthy. He is no Portis, though, and I, respectfully, believe that some of the "Betts is better than/equal to Portis" arguments are silly given everything we know about both players.
cpayne5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 10:35 PM   #50
Camp Scrub
 
The Huddle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Arrington, Va.
Posts: 99
Re: Redskins-Rams: Postgame Thoughts

I'm surprised to see all the Betts bashing earlier in this thread. Betts did more than any other player on the team to put the team into a position to win the game. Sure, the fumble hurt, but the Redskins had a chance to overcome it at they couldn't.

Until Campbell matures further, the Redskins offense will remain one dimensional. The Rams did just enough choking up on the Redskins running game in the second half to force Campbell to make a few plays, and he couldn't deliver. No big surprise there.

The secondary remains the same dubious proposition it was on opening day. Even with Springs in there it's not an impressive unit (not to be confused with having impressive athletes); without him it's nothing.
The Huddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 10:45 PM   #51
Karma Chameleon (I come and go)
 
jdlea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 3,087
Re: Redskins-Rams: Postgame Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by riggoraider View Post
You sound like a guy who was waiting on Betts to mess up so that your argument for Portis would stand up. Betts is an outstanding rusher who got the ball stripped away....point blank...it happens.

Clinton has not brung a superbowl to Washington himself
No, I wish they had won the football game. I would be highly critical of Clinton had he fumbled that football. And I don't need one football game to make my Portis argument stand up. I can point to a lot of other things, but I've already done that ad nauseum and won't be doing it again. Betts is a good back, but he's not on Clinton's level. I'll take Clinton 7 days a week over Betts. If you disagree, that's fine...I really couldn't care less anymore.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack
Albert Connell is perhaps the worst Redskin I ever had the misfortune of meeting. He's the kind of guy that makes media people covering their favorite team growing up no longer like that team
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 03:32 AM   #52
Special Teams
 
riggoraider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: D.C. area
Posts: 179
Re: Redskins-Rams: Postgame Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlea View Post
No, I wish they had won the football game. I would be highly critical of Clinton had he fumbled that football. And I don't need one football game to make my Portis argument stand up. I can point to a lot of other things, but I've already done that ad nauseum and won't be doing it again. Betts is a good back, but he's not on Clinton's level. I'll take Clinton 7 days a week over Betts. If you disagree, that's fine...I really couldn't care less anymore.
Portis is a good back also and I hope that next year, when he comes back, that he continues what Betts has been doing lately seeing that he is going to be the starter and all.
riggoraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 04:32 AM   #53
The Starter
 
jamf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego Ca
Posts: 2,334
Re: Redskins-Rams: Postgame Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlvinWalton'sNeckBrace View Post
Does anyone remember when S. Davis used to fumble at terrible times? He got real bad at holding onto the ball down on the 1 yard line it seemed. Betts kind of remindes me of him in that respect.
God I remember the fumble against dallas
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 08:01 AM   #54
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Redskins-Rams: Postgame Thoughts

We could have won this game about 7 or 8 different times, and Betts is responsible for costing us exactly ONE of those oppertunities. So he deserves about 12.5% of the blame for this loss (I just made all those figures up, but I have to assume through observation that they are somewhat close to accurate).

I don't buy the fact that a fumble at that point in the game is significantly more costly than any other part of the game. Yeah, it changes the entire complexity of the game at that point, but wouldn't it be just as costly at any other point. We had 31 points, would have been in FG range, and we fumbled it away. No matter what part of the game it occurs in, it costs us a high pct. shot at atleast 3 points. We just remember it because it was a high pressure situation.

Probably was the most inexcusible of all the mistakes, maybe 2nd to ST's complete...I don't even know what to call it...on Jackson's long TD reception, but that doesn't make it our only fatal flaw.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 08:06 AM   #55
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Redskins-Rams: Postgame Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpayne5 View Post
Betts is showing that he can be a great backup/relief pitcher when healthy. He is no Portis, though, and I, respectfully, believe that some of the "Betts is better than/equal to Portis" arguments are silly given everything we know about both players.
This season, Betts has done better with his oppertunities (although it's splitting hairs). But what gets lost on some is that Portis was badly injured from the first drive this year on. That's why his relative effectiveness was down. Not because Betts is better for the system, and not because of some crazy Brunell theroy.

Next year, we will have him healthy (god willing), and he will be even better than Betts this year. More importantly, he will have fresh legs, something he didn't have this year after getting 350+ touches last year.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 09:31 AM   #56
The Starter
 
redsk1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,351
Re: Redskins-Rams: Postgame Thoughts

It's pretty sad that Betts has drawn as much critizism as he has. He is our backup RB and has done a heck of a job this season. One mistake and everyone jumps on him.

I don't remember seeing any posts lasts week bashing his tendancy to fumble. Yes, it was a mistake and yes he fumbles more than CP. The D is to blame today guys. Get off of Betts.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 09:53 AM   #57
Special Teams
 
riggoraider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: D.C. area
Posts: 179
Re: Redskins-Rams: Postgame Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsk1 View Post
It's pretty sad that Betts has drawn as much critizism as he has. He is our backup RB and has done a heck of a job this season. One mistake and everyone jumps on him.

I don't remember seeing any posts lasts week bashing his tendancy to fumble. Yes, it was a mistake and yes he fumbles more than CP. The D is to blame today guys. Get off of Betts.
I agree with you some of these guys act if though Betts is a part of a different team.
riggoraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 10:02 AM   #58
Playmaker
 
724Skinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 3,507
Re: Redskins-Rams: Postgame Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
God I remember the fumble against dallas
I remember the Arizona game, I think Aenias Williams picked it up and ran it back for like 99 yards. Also, didn't he fumble versus Carolina on the goal line. Controversal call.

I think somewhere "The Man" has a FUMBLE button that he can press whenever the Skins are close to winning a game which may lead to a successfule season.
__________________
"I hope I'm getting better. I hope you haven't seen my best." - Jim Zorn
724Skinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 10:06 AM   #59
Karma Chameleon (I come and go)
 
jdlea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 3,087
Re: Redskins-Rams: Postgame Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlvinWalton'sNeckBrace View Post
Does anyone remember when S. Davis used to fumble at terrible times? He got real bad at holding onto the ball down on the 1 yard line it seemed. Betts kind of remindes me of him in that respect.
Were you a member of this site, then? People around here acted like they wanted Stephen cut after that play. I remember how "overrated" he suddenly became. Trust me, the anger towards a guy who fumbled late in a game isn't new. A lot of us have never been particularly tolerant of it, myself included. No matter how much I liked Stephen Davis, I was really pissed. I never said he should be (and I never said that about Betts either) but it certainly irritates the hell out of me when a guy fumbles away a chance to win a football game. If it doesn't happen, the Skins win the football game...I don't take well to losing, especially not in a situation like that.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack
Albert Connell is perhaps the worst Redskin I ever had the misfortune of meeting. He's the kind of guy that makes media people covering their favorite team growing up no longer like that team
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 05:18 PM   #60
Special Teams
 
skins052bgr8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Richmond, Va.
Age: 38
Posts: 288
Re: Redskins-Rams: Postgame Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
You just can't blame a loss on one play. It makes no sense. Yes he should not have fumbled. But honestly that was a great play by the defender and not too many RB's would have held on to the ball in that situation. The defense gave up over 500 YARDS OF OFFENSE.
Maybe a couple years ago or even in the 90's you could say one play should not decide a game, but unfortunately with the closeness of all NFL games one play costs teams many of games. Each game in many cases we were one play away from winning and won and few we lost by one play. That is just the way it is.

The Bears are considered one of the elite teams, how many games have they won by one play, namely a person by the name of Hester. Cowboys lost to us by one play. ONE PLAY can be blamed when your talking wins and losses, but overall performance is out the door because many teams don't play consistenetly good week after week they have the one play go their way or against them.

In this case the D performance was the reason the Rams stayed in the game, Betts fumble lost us the game.
skins052bgr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.42183 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25