Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Defense let us down!

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2006, 05:17 PM   #16
Karma Chameleon (I come and go)
 
jdlea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 3,087
Re: Defense let us down!

Ladell Betts, in limited action this season, is tied with JP Losman (a guy who is more prone to fumble because he gets blindsided and touches the football more) for second most fumbles this season. He only trails Andrew Walter (another QB in the same boat as Losman). Wow, kinda puts that into perspective...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack
Albert Connell is perhaps the worst Redskin I ever had the misfortune of meeting. He's the kind of guy that makes media people covering their favorite team growing up no longer like that team
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-24-2006, 05:27 PM   #17
Camp Scrub
 
Skins4Eva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 73
Re: Defense let us down!

I am forced to agree...lets be serious for a second...defensively we are a joke...Although Andre Carter is looking like a real player...however, anyone who can't stop this mindboggling support of Betts needs to look at their football knowledge...I dont know how many of you played Division I Football but I have (which is probably why I dont post a lot here because I thinkthat there are only a few of you I read who regularly make any football sense). Betts has cost us another game...first, if I had the holes he had I could run for 1000, not one of those 1000 yards goes to him it is his offensive line...when have you ever seen Betts put a move on someone. Second, he is the most fragile runner I've ever seen who goes down at the slightest bit of contact. Third, he can't pass block to save his butt. Fourth, can all of that "should we move portis crap" if he was healthy with the way the offensive line was playing he'd have 3, 000 yards. Fifth, if we were smart we would have traded Betts butt and tried like hell to sign a beast in Duckett; for real, who gives a crap if Betts can catch out of the backfield if someone ain't open with the damn recievers we have everyone should be cut...we shouldn't NEED a pass catching back!!! Betts should have beed traded!!!!
__________________
Bow down and recognize the skills of the Gibbs
Skins4Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 05:31 PM   #18
Registered User
 
GiantsSuck703's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 293
Re: Defense let us down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlea View Post
No, I never argued about the greatness of Ladell Betts, so read the site and get your facts straight! No, he's fumbled 6 goddamn times this season! What are you even talking about? Why don't you look up some stats before you decide to try to attack someone. And you know what? Clinton scores a TD on that play because he has breakaway speed...

Whatever, you guys are all right! 6 fumbles in one season where you've started upwards of 6 games should be totally excusable, especially considering 2 of them cost you a chance to win a football game. And if they don't, all of a sudden, they're 7 - 8 with a shot, albeit unlikely, of sliding into the playoffs, however undeserved it may be. So don't act like it didn't mean anything.

I've been consistent with my skepticism of Betts all year. How about you look that up before you try to accuse me of changing my tune.
I honestly cant believe you think its ok for the defense too suck but not OK for Betts too have a mistake, it happens, even the great ones fumbled, the guy has racked up over 1,000 yards in half a season, Im not pushing for Betts to start over Portis and never will, but stop putting the loss on a guy that rushed for 129 yards and 2 TD, not to mention that was his fifth straight 100 yard game

I dont know if you know this or not, but the D gave up over 600 yards today, damn betts only if you could have scored five more TDs you wouldnt suck so much, and only if Randle El was psychic, he should have known it would have been heads, please just stop talking, your really making your self look worse and worse each time
GiantsSuck703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 05:33 PM   #19
Registered User
 
GiantsSuck703's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 293
Re: Defense let us down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skins4Eva View Post
I am forced to agree...lets be serious for a second...defensively we are a joke...Although Andre Carter is looking like a real player...however, anyone who can't stop this mindboggling support of Betts needs to look at their football knowledge...I dont know how many of you played Division I Football but I have (which is probably why I dont post a lot here because I thinkthat there are only a few of you I read who regularly make any football sense). Betts has cost us another game...first, if I had the holes he had I could run for 1000, not one of those 1000 yards goes to him it is his offensive line...when have you ever seen Betts put a move on someone. Second, he is the most fragile runner I've ever seen who goes down at the slightest bit of contact. Third, he can't pass block to save his butt. Fourth, can all of that "should we move portis crap" if he was healthy with the way the offensive line was playing he'd have 3, 000 yards. Fifth, if we were smart we would have traded Betts butt and tried like hell to sign a beast in Duckett; for real, who gives a crap if Betts can catch out of the backfield if someone ain't open with the damn recievers we have everyone should be cut...we shouldn't NEED a pass catching back!!! Betts should have beed traded!!!!

Well since you played Division 1 football and you think you have more Knowledge than anyone else, tell me how its Betts fault when your defense gives up over 600 yards of offense and 37 points?
GiantsSuck703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 05:36 PM   #20
Registered User
 
GiantsSuck703's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 293
Re: Defense let us down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skins4Eva View Post
I am forced to agree...lets be serious for a second...defensively we are a joke...Although Andre Carter is looking like a real player...however, anyone who can't stop this mindboggling support of Betts needs to look at their football knowledge...I dont know how many of you played Division I Football but I have (which is probably why I dont post a lot here because I thinkthat there are only a few of you I read who regularly make any football sense). Betts has cost us another game...first, if I had the holes he had I could run for 1000, not one of those 1000 yards goes to him it is his offensive line...when have you ever seen Betts put a move on someone. Second, he is the most fragile runner I've ever seen who goes down at the slightest bit of contact. Third, he can't pass block to save his butt. Fourth, can all of that "should we move portis crap" if he was healthy with the way the offensive line was playing he'd have 3, 000 yards. Fifth, if we were smart we would have traded Betts butt and tried like hell to sign a beast in Duckett; for real, who gives a crap if Betts can catch out of the backfield if someone ain't open with the damn recievers we have everyone should be cut...we shouldn't NEED a pass catching back!!! Betts should have beed traded!!!!
Are you serious "trade Betts and sign a beast like Duckett" amazing, your football knowledge is a little overblown, maybe you shouldnt post anymore after rediculous comments like that, maybe you did play Div. 1 football but your head definately got knocked around one to many times!
GiantsSuck703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 05:37 PM   #21
Karma Chameleon (I come and go)
 
jdlea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 3,087
Re: Defense let us down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantsSuck703 View Post
I honestly cant believe you think its ok for the defense too suck but not OK for Betts too have a mistake, it happens, even the great ones fumbled, the guy has racked up over 1,000 yards in half a season, Im not pushing for Betts to start over Portis and never will, but stop putting the loss on a guy that rushed for 129 yards and 2 TD, not to mention that was his fifth straight 100 yard game

I dont know if you know this or not, but the D gave up over 600 yards today, damn betts only if you could have scored five more TDs you wouldnt suck so much, and only if Randle El was psychic, he should have known it would have been heads, please just stop talking, your really making your self look worse and worse each time

Really?! By bringing up stats, I make myself look worse...for the 1000001st time, I have never said it was "okay" for the d to suck. However, they do, the quicker that's acknowledged the better the team will be. Ya know why the Colts always score so many points? Cause they don't play defense! Does anyone think the Skins shouldn't take this approach?

As for making 1 mistake...how about 6? 6 goddamn fumbles! How about addressing that. In limited action. I don't give a damn how many yards he has when he fumbles away a chance to win. I'd just as pissed if it had been Clinton. 25 yards of his total came on 1 run, what goddamn good did they do? They gave the Rams a shot at the win. Skins4Eva is right, most of you don't make any sense...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack
Albert Connell is perhaps the worst Redskin I ever had the misfortune of meeting. He's the kind of guy that makes media people covering their favorite team growing up no longer like that team
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 05:41 PM   #22
Special Teams
 
ncskinsfanec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 432
Re: Defense let us down!

Portis will be the starter again next season anyway. So don't feel like you need to defend him. Portis' stats and contributions speak for themselves. He got hurt the first game of preseason and was never really himself in the games he did play. Portis will start next year and Betts will provide a good change of pace. Don't worry about Betts replacing Portis as starter because it isn't going to happen.
ncskinsfanec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 05:43 PM   #23
Registered User
 
GiantsSuck703's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 293
Re: Defense let us down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlea View Post
Really?! By bringing up stats, I make myself look worse...for the 1000001st time, I have never said it was "okay" for the d to suck. However, they do, the quicker that's acknowledged the better the team will be. Ya know why the Colts always score so many points? Cause they don't play defense! Does anyone think the Skins shouldn't take this approach?

As for making 1 mistake...how about 6? 6 goddamn fumbles! How about addressing that. In limited action. I don't give a damn how many yards he has when he fumbles away a chance to win. I'd just as pissed if it had been Clinton. 25 yards of his total came on 1 run, what goddamn good did they do? They gave the Rams a shot at the win. Skins4Eva is right, most of you don't make any sense...
Please stop, Ladell fumbled, it happens, the D gave up over 600 yards and 37 points, what is it that your not getting, Your making an excuse for this D, they gave the game away long before Betts fumbled, the D sucks and has cost us games all year, thats why were 5-10, your football knowledge is terrible, and if you want too talk about how the Colts have adjusted just look at that score today against the Texans!
GiantsSuck703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 05:44 PM   #24
Karma Chameleon (I come and go)
 
jdlea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 3,087
Re: Defense let us down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncskinsfanec View Post
Portis will be the starter again next season anyway. So don't feel like you need to defend him. Portis' stats and contributions speak for themselves. He got hurt the first game of preseason and was never really himself in the games he did play. Portis will start next year and Betts will provide a good change of pace. Don't worry about Betts replacing Portis as starter because it isn't going to happen.
My reason for making those comments isn't so much what's been said in this thread, but it's directed at the large community of people on this board who have contended that Portis should be traded to make way for the older, more injury prone, fumble machine that is Ladell Betts.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack
Albert Connell is perhaps the worst Redskin I ever had the misfortune of meeting. He's the kind of guy that makes media people covering their favorite team growing up no longer like that team
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 05:45 PM   #25
Registered User
 
GiantsSuck703's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 293
Re: Defense let us down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncskinsfanec View Post
Portis will be the starter again next season anyway. So don't feel like you need to defend him. Portis' stats and contributions speak for themselves. He got hurt the first game of preseason and was never really himself in the games he did play. Portis will start next year and Betts will provide a good change of pace. Don't worry about Betts replacing Portis as starter because it isn't going to happen.
Atleast some one in here is reasonable, this is all im trying to say also, but he keeps putting the loss sqaurely on the shoulders of betts and its truely infuriating.
GiantsSuck703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 05:47 PM   #26
Registered User
 
GiantsSuck703's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 293
Re: Defense let us down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlea View Post
My reason for making those comments isn't so much what's been said in this thread, but it's directed at the large community of people on this board who have contended that Portis should be traded to make way for the older, more injury prone, fumble machine that is Ladell Betts.
I have never once asked for Portis to be traded, and honestly i feel the Front Office should jump on this situation they have with Betts and trade him for picks, I am a huge Portis fan and feel he is the starter until he cant run anymore!
GiantsSuck703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 05:47 PM   #27
Karma Chameleon (I come and go)
 
jdlea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 3,087
Re: Defense let us down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantsSuck703 View Post
Please stop, Ladell fumbled, it happens, the D gave up over 600 yards and 37 points, what is it that your not getting, Your making an excuse for this D, they gave the game away long before Betts fumbled, the D sucks and has cost us games all year, thats why were 5-10, your football knowledge is terrible, and if you want too talk about how the Colts have adjusted just look at that score today against the Texans!
It happens? How about the fact that he's the tied for the second most fumbles in the National Football League?! Why have you failed to address that fact? All you say is "the D gave up 37 points." They gave up 37 points to an offense who can hang 37 points on anyone any given week. Especially the worst pass defense (as far as TDs are concerned) in the NFL. My football knowledge is terrible? No, I'm distracting by my incessant slurping of Ladell Betts. A guy who is as prone to fumble as bad Quarterbacks!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack
Albert Connell is perhaps the worst Redskin I ever had the misfortune of meeting. He's the kind of guy that makes media people covering their favorite team growing up no longer like that team
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 05:49 PM   #28
Karma Chameleon (I come and go)
 
jdlea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 3,087
Re: Defense let us down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantsSuck703 View Post
I have never once asked for Portis to be traded, and honestly i feel the Front Office should jump on this situation they have with Betts and trade him for picks, I am a huge Portis fan and feel he is the starter until he cant run anymore!
Dude, I never said you did...if you read the post, I said it had nothing to do with what had been said in this thread...and, btw, sometimes there is only one "o" in the word "too."
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack
Albert Connell is perhaps the worst Redskin I ever had the misfortune of meeting. He's the kind of guy that makes media people covering their favorite team growing up no longer like that team
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 05:51 PM   #29
Karma Chameleon (I come and go)
 
jdlea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 3,087
Re: Defense let us down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantsSuck703 View Post
Atleast some one in here is reasonable, this is all im trying to say also, but he keeps putting the loss sqaurely on the shoulders of betts and its truely infuriating.
Never once have I not acknowledged that the D didn't help blow that game. However, the offense got the football with a chance to win and then Ladell Betts put the Skins in a position to lose the football game. "If the d made a stop..." Ever hear of momentum. Kind of a big deal in football...especially for a home team. You kinda get it when you should have lost, but somehow came up with a gift fumble from the supposed superstar running back. That helps you win a game. Especially when there are about 2 mins left.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack
Albert Connell is perhaps the worst Redskin I ever had the misfortune of meeting. He's the kind of guy that makes media people covering their favorite team growing up no longer like that team
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 05:52 PM   #30
Registered User
 
GiantsSuck703's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 293
Re: Defense let us down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlea View Post
It happens? How about the fact that he's the tied for the second most fumbles in the National Football League?! Why have you failed to address that fact? All you say is "the D gave up 37 points." They gave up 37 points to an offense who can hang 37 points on anyone any given week. Especially the worst pass defense (as far as TDs are concerned) in the NFL. My football knowledge is terrible? No, I'm distracting by my incessant slurping of Ladell Betts. A guy who is as prone to fumble as bad Quarterbacks!
Hes a goddamn back up, hes paid like a backup, how many times has he fumbled since hes been the primary back?
GiantsSuck703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.34919 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25